The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 15 2007,22:17)
    GOD'S FINGER:

MATTHEW 12:28
    “But if it is by means of GOD'S SPIRIT that I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU.”

LUKE 11:20
    “But if it is by means of GOD'S FINGER I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU.”

I think calling God's holy spirit “God's finger” helps us to reason out what the holy spirit is. We all know what our fingers are. They are a part of us that helps us to make things happen.

Over and over again, we see that God's holy spirit is mentioned in action. It is never still, stagnent. It's never spoken of as just sitting around pictured in heaven, with Jehovah and Jesus, for example.
    It is God's finger. And what are fingers or “hand.”
    And what do our fingers or hands do? Whatever we want them to.
    God's holy spirit is used by God to carry out his purpose and will.

Can't argue with that David. Well done. The Holy Spirit speaks to us of whatever He hears the Father say, and reveals truth to us. He is also Comforter, Guide, Discerner etc, so He is very busy.

Cult Buster
    Participant

David

God's holy spirit is used by God to carry out his purpose and will.

The Holy Spirit being God is also a Person with His own will.
    The Holy Spirit dispenses gifts to different individuals according as He wills (see 1 Corinthians 12:8-11).

Is the Holy Spirit a Distinct Person Apart from the Father and the Son?

What is a person?
        “Any human being considered as a distinct entity or personality; an individual.” Funk and Wagnall’s Dictionary.

And what is personality?
        “Distinctive qualities or characteristics of a person….That which constitutes a person; personal existence.” Fund and Wagnall’s Dictionary.

So a person is one that has a personality whose distinctive qualities shows them to be an entity which differs from other beings.  Now what would be some distinctive qualities or characteristics that would prove one to be a person or being?  If they have a mind, can think for themselves, and can make decisions.  If they can act for themselves; if they can speak for themselves; etc.  All these things would clearly reveal their distinctive qualities which shows that they have their own personality and thus distinguishes them to be a person and being.  And the same for the Holy Spirit!

Now there is no Bible text which plainly states in these words: “The Holy Spirit is a person”, but neither are there texts which state plainly state in this words: “The Father is a person”.  Yet we can clearly see that the Bible declares that the Father can think, decide, act, and can speak for Himself.  Thus we know that the Father has a distinct personality all his own and that He must indeed be a Person and Being.  So if the Bible reveals that the Holy Spirit can think, decide, act and speak for Himself, then this would prove that He has a distinct personality all his own, and that the Holy Spirit must indeed be a Person and Being other than the Father and the Son.

Can the Holy Spirit Think for Itself and Make its Own Decisions?

–The Holy Spirit has a mind (see Romans 8:27).
    –The Holy Spirit helped to settle questions during the Church Council at Jerusalem (see Acts 15:28).
    –The Holy Spirit dispenses gifts to different individuals according as He wills (see 1 Corinthians 12:8-11).
    –The Holy Spirit forbade some from going to preach in certain places (see Acts 16:6-7).

So we can see that the Holy Spirit has a mind, can think for Itself and can make Its own decisions.  But can the Holy Spirit act for Itself?

Can the Holy Spirit Act for Itself?

–The Holy Spirit anointed Jesus and sent Him out to preach the gospel (see Luke 4:18-19); In fact, both
        the Father and the Holy Spirit sent Jesus (see Isaiah 48:16).
    –The Holy Spirit testifies or witnesses of Jesus (see John 15:26).
    –The Holy Spirit leads God’s people (see Romans 8:14).
    –The Holy Spirit teaches and causes us to remember the truth (John 14:26).
    –The Holy Spirit comforts us as does Christ (John 14:16).
    –The Holy Spirit strives with us (see Genesis 6:3).
    –The Holy Spirit reproves us of sin, righteousness, and judgment (see John 16:8-11).
    –The Holy Spirit instructs us (see Nehemiah 9:20).

So we can see that the Holy Spirit can act for Itself, and can bear Its own witness.  But can the Holy Spirit speak for Itself?

Can the Holy Spirit Speak for Itself?

–The Holy Spirit speaks, guides, hears and shows (John 16:13-15).
    –The Holy Spirit speaks, chooses, calls and sends forth (see Acts 13:1-4).
    –The Holy Spirit gives messages to prophets and they declare: “Thus saith the Holy Ghost” (see Acts
        21:11).

So we can see that the Holy Spirit can indeed speak for Itself.  Besides this, He can hear, He can guide, show, choose, calls and sends forth others.  Now what other characteristics does the Bible reveal about the Holy Spirit which shows it to be a Person and Being other than God–the Father and God–the Son?
    –The Holy Spirit has knowledge, and searches all things (see 1 Corinthians 2:10-11).
    –The Holy Spirit sanctifies us (see Romans 15:16).
    –The Holy Spirit holds communion with us (see 2 Corinthians 13:14); and so does Christ (see 1
        Corinthians 1:9).
    –The Holy Spirit is the source of regeneration and renewal for salvation (see John 3:5-8; Titus 3:5).
    –The Holy Spirit resurrects the faithful from the dead (see Romans 8:11; 1 Peter 3:18).
    –The Holy Spirit is the author of the Bible and moved upon the prophets to speak (see 2 Peter 1:21).
    –The Holy Spirit is another Comforter other than Christ (see John 14:16).
    –The Holy Spirit helps our infirmities (see Romans 8:26).
    –The Holy Spirit can be tempted and lied to (see Acts 5:3, 9).
    –The Holy Spirit can be blasphemed and sinned against (see Mark 3:28-29; Luke 12:10; Matthew 12:31).
    –The Holy Spirit is another Intercessor other than Christ (see Romans 8:26); The Spirit intercedes for us
        through prayer, while Christ intercedes for us through His precious blood, merits and righteousness.

All of these things show conclusively that the Holy Spirit is indeed a Person and Being, and that He has His own work to perform in the plan of Redemption, other than the Father and the Son.

Since the Bible has proven that the Holy Spirit is a Person and Being Himself, other than the Father and the Son, He also must be able to assume form and shape.
        The Holy Spirit assumed the form and shape resembling a dove (Matthew 3:16, Isaiah 11:2, Luke 3:22, John 1:32).  He assumed the form and shape resembling flaming tongues (Acts 2:2-4).  He literally picked up servants of God from one area and then carried them to a different area in order to continue the spreading of the truth (see Acts 8:39-40; Ezekiel 3:14-15).  

We have clearly seen that the Bible reveals that the Holy Spirit is indeed a Person and Being  other than the Father and the Son; that the Holy Spirit has a distinctive personality all his own; and that He has assumed various forms throughout the history of this earth.

It should then be clear that the Father is not the Holy Spirit, but He uses the Holy Spirit to represent and bring Himself to us.  Thus the Father sends the Holy Spirit, calling it His Spirit–or the Spirit of the Father; but the Father is not the Holy Spirit.

It should also be clear that Christ is not the Holy Spirit either, but the Holy Spirit represents Christ to us.  Thus Christ can send the Holy Spirit–His representative–calling it His Spirit, or the Spirit of Christ; but Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.  In fact, Christ had the Holy Spirit given to Him (see Luke 4:18-19)!

So Jesus is not the Holy Spirit, but needed to have the Holy Spirit given to Him in order to be our perfect example while on this earth.  And since Jesus as Messiah temporarily laid aside His omnipresence by taking humanity, He must now use the omnipresence of the Person of the Holy Spirit in order to meet with His people on earth.  Thus through the omnipresence of the Holy Spirit, Christ would be set free from the limiting affects of humanity, and thus could be present and represent Himself at all times and in all places among His people.

The Holy Spirit is also not an angel or another name for the work of the angels.  Neither was the Holy Spirit only in existence since Christ became human, because from the very beginning of the work of redemption He had been moving upon men's hearts–reproving them “of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment” (John 16:8).  Neither is the Holy Spirit just a power, or force, or es
    sence, or mind of God–the Father, but is a living Person and Being with Its own personality.  The Holy Spirit bears Its own witness, gives Its own comfort to us in Christ's place, and acts in His stead.  The Holy Spirit Itself teaches and enlightens us by using Its own mind.  It puts forth Its highest energies in working for our salvation by taking the words of Christ and infusing these words of life into our hearts.  So you can clearly see that the Holy Spirit is as much a Person as God–the Father and Jesus Christ are Persons.

The Holy Spirit is also God

Acts 5:3   But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?  
     5:4   Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.  

Mathew  12:31   Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.  (Blasphemy can only be committed against God)

1 Corinthians  6:19   What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  
     6:20   For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God (the Holy Ghost) in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.  

1 Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God (the Holy Spirit) , and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  

1 Corinthians 3:17   Now the Lord (God) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.  

9:14   How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit (only God hath immortality) offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?  

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Holy! Holy! Holy!
    :O :O :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    From Pentecost the Lord Jesus manifested in and amongst his followers as the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ.
    The Lord is the Spirit.

david
    Participant

David

Give me your interpretation of this scripture!

II Cor 3:17
    KJV
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

NLT
    Now, the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, he gives freedom.

NIV
    Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

ESV
    Now the Lord* is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

NWT
    Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.

I have checked them all and they all say the same thing!

WJ, I have already once asked you why you keep posting this scripture. Maybe it was in another thread. Maybe you answered my question. I have no idea how this supports your beliefs. Yet you keep looking at this scripture as the “holy grail” of your belief. Why?

The angels are spirits. God is a spirit.

We must differentiate the different meanings of the word spirit. Spirit, esssentially, means “breath, air, wind, etc.” All the uses of the word spirit have something in common: All these meanings have something in common: They all refer to that which is invisible to human sight and which gives evidence of force in motion. Such invisible force is capable of producing visible effects.
    The Greek pneu′ma (spirit) comes from pne′o, meaning “breathe or blow,” and the Hebrew ru′ach (spirit) is believed to come from a root having the same meaning.
    Ru′ach and pneu′ma, then, basically mean “breath” but have extended meanings beyond that basic sense. (Compare Hab 2:19; Re 13:15.) They can also mean wind; the vital force in living creatures; one’s spirit; spirit persons, including God and his angelic creatures; and God’s active force, or holy spirit. (Compare Koehler and Baumgartner’s Lexicon in Veteris Testamenti Libros, Leiden, 1958, pp. 877-879; Brown, Driver, and Briggs’ Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, 1980, pp. 924-926; Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, edited by G. Friedrich, translated by G. Bromiley, 1971, Vol. VI, pp. 332-451.)

Clearly, not all the uses of the word “spirit” or the Greek and hebrew words translated as “spirit” refer to a person. SOMETIMES, THAT WORD SIMPLY MEANS: WIND, BREATH, ETC. oK?

God, is a spirit being, as are the angels, his Son Jesus, Satan, etc.

God’s spirit helps us to enjoy a freedom unknown to the world at large.
    Those who submit to God’s spirit enjoy freedom from false religion, superstition, fear of the future, and many other enslaving factors. God’s spirit truly is a power for good! It can even change people. The Bible touches on this when it says:

“The fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22, 23)

Remember, when Jesus said: You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
    Bible truth frees us from certain things, false doctrines, fears, etc.
    Similarly, God's holy spirit, when we allow it to play it's role in our lives, when we submit to it and don't go against it (going against God's will) it can give us those freedoms I mentioned above.

Now, why or how do you think this scripture teaches that the holy spirit is a person?

david
    Participant

CB, for weeks, all you would do is post your same posts. I'd respond to them in multiple threads. You would never answer ANY of my questions. Those words of yours above apply well to you.

You speak of “tactics” and then in the same sentence, you use the tactic of attacking the person rather than defending your weakening postion.

And if anyone is muddying the pages of this forum, it would be someone who posts the exact same post in 8 different threads at the same time and then does the same again every week. It makes it seem like you have a lot to offer. But there is no actual conversing with you about these scriptures.

Your comment about me being “cornered by scriptures” is absolutely the most ridiculous thing anyone has said on this forum to me. I have answered your posts for weeks without any responce back to myself. My questions remained unanswered.

I tell you what CB. Let's put our chips on the table. Let's pick one thread. You say you are busy guy. I'm going to help you. Just you and me. Let's have a conversation back and forth, the way people usually do. Pick one of these “holy spirt” threads and let's discuss this.

I do ask that we stick the scriptures and consider the bible as a whole, rather than attack one another. That would prove nothing of course.

What do you say?

Can we have a normal conversation?

CB, so i take it your answer is no.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    But God is not a JW.
    If you were listening to His Spirit would you not have discerned and left behind their falsehoods to follow Jesus?
    The truth will set you free .. if you let it.

david
    Participant

The Holy Spirit being God is also a Person with His own will.

Is God's finger God? Or is it something he possess?
    CB, is your finger you? Would you call your finger CB (if that is your actual name) Or is your finger something that you possess? Is your finger the finger “of” CB, or is it CB?

The answer is obvious. So obvious, it will be ignored completely!

Over and over and over again, the holy spirit is spoken of as a possession of God. It is the spirit of God.
    More than a hundred times the holy spirit is referred to as “the spirit of Jehovah,” “God’s spirit,” “my spirit” etc. All such possessive uses of the holy spirit further argue that it is an instrumentality rather than a separate and distinct person.
    —Judg. 3:10; Matt. 3:16; Acts 2:18; Phil. 1:19; Ps 51:11; Joel 2:28,29

WJ, I have already once asked you why you keep posting this scripture.  Maybe it was in another thread.  Maybe you answered my question.  I have no idea how this supports your beliefs.  Yet you keep looking at this scripture as the “holy grail” of your belief.  Why?

The angels are spirits.  God is a spirit.  

We must differentiate the different meanings of the word spirit.  Spirit, esssentially, means “breath, air, wind, etc.”  All the uses of the word spirit have something in common: All these meanings have something in common: They all refer to that which is invisible to human sight and which gives evidence of force in motion. Such invisible force is capable of producing visible effects.
    The Greek pneu′ma (spirit) comes from pne′o, meaning “breathe or blow,” and the Hebrew ru′ach (spirit) is believed to come from a root having the same meaning.
    Ru′ach and pneu′ma, then, basically mean “breath” but have extended meanings beyond that basic sense. (Compare Hab 2:19; Re 13:15.) They can also mean wind; the vital force in living creatures; one’s spirit; spirit persons, including God and his angelic creatures; and God’s active force, or holy spirit. (Compare Koehler and Baumgartner’s Lexicon in Veteris Testamenti Libros, Leiden, 1958, pp. 877-879; Brown, Driver, and Briggs’ Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, 1980, pp. 924-926; Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, edited by G. Friedrich, translated by G. Bromiley, 1971, Vol. VI, pp. 332-451.)

Clearly, not all the uses of the word “spirit” or the Greek and hebrew words translated as “spirit” refer to a person.  SOMETIMES, THAT WORD SIMPLY MEANS: WIND, BREATH, ETC.  oK?

God, is a spirit being, as are the angels, his Son Jesus, Satan, etc.

God’s spirit helps us to enjoy a freedom unknown to the world at large.
    Those who submit to God’s spirit enjoy freedom from false religion, superstition, fear of the future, and many other enslaving factors. God’s spirit truly is a power for good! It can even change people. The Bible touches on this when it says:

“The fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22, 23)

Remember, when Jesus said: You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
    Bible truth frees us from certain things, false doctrines, fears, etc.
    Similarly, God's holy spirit, when we allow it to play it's role in our lives, when we submit to it and don't go against it (going against God's will) it can give us those freedoms I mentioned above.

Now, why or how do you think this scripture teaches that the holy spirit is a person

David

So the answer is No. You cant interpret the scripture that I give you. You give me this long exegesis of the word spirit.

“The Lord Is that Spirit”

Tell me David, what is your definition of the word Spirit here, how would you interpret it? ???

david
    Participant

CB, you've posted the above scriptures before. If you don't want to discuss them, why post them? If you can't have an actual conversation or take scrutany or take actually looking at the scriptures, then why even post them?

All those scriptures you posted about the holy spirit having personality, speaking, teaching, comforting, etc.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU CB:

Pleae try to answer it directly.

Does such statements in themselves prove personality?

?

?

You keep posting them over and over again, so I would think you must believe the answer is yes. But we know you can't answer yes, and won't, because that would we know where that would go.

So, does a statment about the holy spirit “teaching” for example prove in itself that the holy spirit is a person?
    ?
    ?

Does it?

Please answer this. I doubt you will, but please try.
    Just a yes, or no would be fine, if you are limited timewise.

Can the Holy Spirit Speak for Itself?

While some scriptures seem to make it seem so, WE MUST LOOK AT THE WHOLE BIBLE, RIGHT? And don't other scirptures make it obviuos that the holy spirit is SPEAKING “THROUGH” people? Let me answer: Yes. So, why do you think the holy spirit speaks “for itself?”

david

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    But God is not a JW.

Why do you repeatedly say obvious things that I don't disagree with!!!

It bothers me greatly, because by doing this, and you do it a lot, you make it appear as though I believe those things.

Imagine if I said, out of the blue:

“Hi Nick,
    Nick, Satan isn't a good guy though….”

Obviously not. Then why do you so often address things to me that I obviously agree with, and that are ridiculous. It only seems to make me look like I believe them. And this one came out of nowhere.

If you were listening to His Spirit would you not have discerned and left behind their falsehoods to follow Jesus?
    The truth will set you free .. if you let it.

Nick, again, you didn't address my question. Do you agree with it? Of course, you won't answer it, because obviously you should agree with that scripture. Yet, your statments indicate otherwise.

You are always trying to squirm your way around questions.
    Please work on that. You have many great qualities. But try to actually answer questions more directly, if you can. It would lower the frustration level on this site quite a bit.

david

david
    Participant

David

So the answer is No. You cant interpret the scripture that I give you. You give me this long exegesis of the word spirit.

“The Lord Is that Spirit”

Tell me David, what is your definition of the word Spirit here, how would you interpret it? ???

I thought the stuff I put in bold was my understanding of it. Besides. I asked you BEFORE YOU DID ME, that you explain why you believe this scripture supports you belief. I don't remmeber hearing an answer, unless it's in the one thread I didn't check.

And the reason I explained the word spirit, is because no doubt you are sticking to your: “Everywhere the word spirit occurs, it is referring to a person” belief, which is clearly wrong.

Please tell my why this scripture says that the holy spirit is a person

I thought the stuff I put in bold was my understanding of it.  Besides.  I asked you BEFORE YOU DID ME, that you explain why you believe this scripture supports you belief.  I don't remmeber hearing an answer, unless it's in the one thread I didn't check.

And the reason I explained the word spirit, is because no doubt you are sticking to your: “Everywhere the word spirit occurs, it is referring to a person” belief, which is clearly wrong.

Please tell my why this scripture says that the holy spirit is a person

David

What more can I say. I show you multitudes of scriptures where the Spirit is personal and you hold to your view he is a puff of wind from God or a mere force.

The scripture in question says…
    II Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

This scripture shows plainly that the Lord is the Spirit.

Is the Lord a Person?

How can you just ignore this? ???

How do you sleep at night?
    It amazes me. Even the NWT says.

NWT II Cor 3:17
    Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.

Why not accept what it says. ???

david
    Participant

What more can I say. I show you multitudes of scriptures where the Spirit is personal and you hold to your view he is a puff of wind from God or a mere force.

No, I'm merely attempting to get you to acknowledge that everywhere the word “spirit” occurs, it doesn't always refer to a person. You have yet to agree with that.
    You keep saying: God is a spirit. What is the holy spirit?

This is the whole problem. You don't really understand the many uses of the Greek and Hebrew words translated spirit. That's why I tried to help you there.

Is the Lord a Person?

How can you just ignore this? ???

HAVE I EVER QUESTIONED THAT THE LORD, JEHOVAH, IS A SPIRIT?
    no. I'm not ignoring it. And I'm also not ignoring THE USE OF THE WORD SPIRIT IN THE REST OF THE ENTIRE BIBLE. you focus on this one scripture and blind yourself to the very meaning of the word, to the hundreds of scriptures that use the Greek word for spirit as “breath,” etc. It is you who ignore much of scripture.
    All you can keep saying is: The Lord is a spirt….
    Yes.?
    And?

“NWT II Cor 3:17

Why not accept what it says. ???

I do accept what it says. Why don't you, for a change, tell me what I asked before, tell me what you think it says.

I know it doesn't say that the holy spirit is God, or a person, or anything like that.
    It says: Jehovah is a spirt.
    It says: Where Jehovah's holy spirit is, there is freedom.

Why don't you tell me what you think it says and explain why.

No, I'm merely attempting to get you to acknowledge that everywhere the word “spirit” occurs, it doesn't always refer to a person.  You have yet to agree with that.  
    You keep saying: God is a spirit.  What is the holy spirit?

This is the whole problem.  You don't really understand the many uses of the Greek and Hebrew words translated spirit.  That's why I tried to help you there.

Is the Lord a Person?

How can you just ignore this?

HAVE I EVER QUESTIONED THAT THE LORD, JEHOVAH, IS A SPIRIT?
    no.  I'm not ignoring it.  And I'm also not ignoring THE USE OF THE WORD SPIRIT IN THE REST OF THE ENTIRE BIBLE.  you focus on this one scripture and blind yourself to the very meaning of the word, to the hundreds of scriptures that use the Greek word for spirit as “breath,” etc.  It is you who ignore much of scripture.  
    All you can keep saying is: The Lord is a spirt….
    Yes.?
    And?

“NWT II Cor 3:17

Why not accept what it says. “

I do accept what it says.  Why don't you, for a change, tell me what I asked before, tell me what you think it says.

I know it doesn't say that the holy spirit is God, or a person, or anything like that.
    It says: Jehovah is a spirt.
    It says: Where Jehovah's holy spirit is, there is freedom.

Why don't you tell me what you think it says and explain why.

David

Nice talking to you.
    But I am done with this, I should have known not to get into this with you.

I have explained that the Holy Spirit of God has many appalations, just as the Father and the Son do.

The Father is a consuming fire.

Jesus is a door! But they are living beings with personality traits.

The Spirit also has peronality traits. So you lean to the impersonl part of the Spirit.

I accept that he the Spirit is personal and also a force a power and many other applalations.

I dont limit the Spirit to a force or a power!

Thats all I have to say, and Im sure that it wont make a difference!

Blessings!

chicano4571
    Participant

GOD HAS SEVEN SPIRITS

chicano4571
    Participant

CULTBUSTER….TELL ME OF YOU SPIRITUAL EXPERIANCE .TELL ME OF YOUR VISIONS AND DREAMS AND THE SUPERNATURAL THINGS THAT YOU HAVE EXPERIANCED…..HAS GOD HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY LIKE WHEN YOU WERE IN TROUBLE OR SEEN ANGELS OR HAVE YOU BEEN ATTACKED BY SATAN HIMSELF AND YOU PRAYED TO GOD AND RESCUED YOU……TELL ME WHAT GOD HAS DONE FOR YOU

GOD HAS SEVEN SPIRITS

chicano4571

Yea but they dont even recieve the three!

After making this statement, they will be comming for me with schackles.

:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Three?
    God is One and he has One monogenes Son and they are united with us in the One Spirit.
    Where is God is three in the bible or did you make it up?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Why do weak vessels desperately in need of grace to even live, expound so bravely about God from outside of what he teaches by His Spirit in the Word?

Cult Buster
    Participant

There are Three separate Beings, each God and equal with one another. Though they hold different offices, they are nevertherless each God.

Three Divine beings within the Godhead with three different offices they choose to perform,

H2O can exist in three different realities, yet remain H2)
    •Ice
    •Liquid
    •or Steam

Each Person of the Godhead can choose a different office, yet remain God.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Isaiah 6:3  says, “And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

” Did you catch that?  That's one “holy” for each person of the Godhead!

Rev 4:8  And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

All praise to God the Father… God the Son Jesus Christ… and God the Holy Spirit! ALL Three merit perfect praise. Holy, Holy, Holy! If there is only one God they would not have repeated the worshipful praise three times.  

Holy! Holy! Holy!  
    :O :O :O

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account