The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,201 through 1,220 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 14 2007,03:03)

I can only say Heaven help the world if david proceeds to get this all right :D

Charity, when you use the word “heaven” and ask “it” to “help” the world, I take it you are using personification.

I took it as a colloquialism referring to your changing the world if you would but embrace the truth just like Saul/Paul. He defended his religon with all his might but after his conversion he turned the world upside down.

charity
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 14 2007,13:12)

Quote (david @ Jan. 14 2007,03:03)

I can only say Heaven help the world if david proceeds to get this all right :D

Charity, when you use the word “heaven” and ask “it” to “help” the world, I take it you are using personification.

I took it as a colloquialism referring to your changing the world if you would but embrace the truth just like Saul/Paul. He defended his religon with all his might but after his conversion he turned the world upside down.

:D

Thankyou seekingtruth
    I was just looking for those verses to explain
    And I looked again and here you have said it for me

Yes just what I was thinking

I am so Glad you understood me

charity

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    The fruit of the Holy Spirit is the wonderful nature of God made fully revealed in Christ.
    In Christ the fullness of deity was made manifest and we too should manifest all these graces.

As with all grace it is available when asked for in prayer from God who tells us in James we do not have because we do not ask.

2Peter 1
    ” 1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.”

Gal 5
    ” 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit”

The Spirit is not just an active force but the full personality and power of God in heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Hi david,
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and the Lord is the Spirit!

II Cor 3:17
    KJV
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

HiW,
    The Spirit is of God and the Son now-one in the Spirit.

Jn 14
    “23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. “

God would have us too in that same unity of His Spirit.

Jn 17
    ” 23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. “

UNITY is God's plan.
    One in Spirit

Jn 14
    “23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. “

NH

Dont stop there!

Jn 14:26
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Father “sent” the Holy Spirit!

Hard to understand with an Arian view! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Are you suggesting there are three Spirits??
    Ths Spirit is ONE.
    The Lord is THE Spirit.

Hi W,
    Are you suggesting there are three Spirits??
    Ths Spirit is ONE.
    The Lord is THE Spirit.

NH

The scriptures says there are seven!

But we are talking about The Father, Son and Holy Spirit! These three are one!

No other way to look at these scriptures NH. Unless you just ignore them!

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    No.
    There are two beings.
    God and His Son are ONE now in the ONE HOLY SPIRIT.
    The Son has been united in God with God's Spirit, having given up his own when he died.
    Seven spirits are the seven manifestations of God's Spirit in the seven Churches of Revelation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    If you are going to say there are several Spirits then you will have to define for us which is which.
    Is the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God or Christ or the Spirit of the Holy Spirit?
    Does the Holy Spirit have a spirit?
    Is the Spirit of God the Spirit of the trinity or of one of the deities you speak of?
    What of the Spirit of truth? Which Spirit is that?
    The Spirit of life, the Spirit of Wisdom.
    What about when it just says”the Spirit”-which is that?

It is actually simple.
    There is ONE spirit.

Hi W,
    If you are going to say there are several Spirits then you will have to define for us which is which.
    Is the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God or Christ or the Spirit of the Holy Spirit?
    Is the Spirit of God the Spirit of the trinity or of one of the deities you speak of?

It is actually simple.
    There is ONE spirit.

NH

Is Jesus the Word/God one with the Spirit?

Heres the evidence.

The Spirit is God!

Jn 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

II Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

We should accept the scriptures as they are.

I Cor 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

I Cor 3:17
    If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

I Cor 6:19
    What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

II Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, **I will dwell in them**, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Our body is the temple,

God should be living there.

II cor. 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that **Jesus Christ is in you**, except ye be reprobates?

The word there for Jesus is “Yashua”. It literrally means that Jesus lives in us. It is his Spirit! The Lord is that Spirit!

John 14:
    16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
    17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

The world sees him not niether knows him. If he is a force or power, how could the world not know him?

Notice to that Jesus says “I will come to you”.

Does Jesus live in us? Not some representitave of him.

The Holy Spirit is divinely and unequelly and wonderfully united together as one with the Father and the Son!

Examine these scriptures closely, And you will see Father,Son And Holy Spirit, God

Rom 8:
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I leave it to you to figure out NH. But I assure you without a trinitarian view it will never make sence to you.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So is it the Spirit of God and the Spirit of the Son and the Spirit of the um…Spirit that dwells in us?
    Three Spirits??
    God is ONE.
    The Spirit is ONE.
    Or does God and the Son and the Spirit dwell in us?
    Why did Jesus tell us to pray to God in heaven and not in each other?

charity
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 14 2007,08:10)

david has given a good effort towards scriptures well done.
    Little thisty but you know!!!!!
    I hope all shall be free to anounce what they find is truth, and to be free without being acussed
    and hopefully we may find unity

I would rather us all find truth, than unity.  Those who have the truth, are united.   This group, will not ever be united, Charity.  If they were united, there would be virtually no posts here.  

Just wondering: What does the “little thirsty” mean Charity?

I just about never understand what you are saying.  You and Is 1:18 might get along well.  Or not.  I don't know.

NICK,
    YOU STATED:

Hi david,
    Where have I said the Spirit is another person?

I guess when you said that the holy spirit's name is “God” a word that means: “mighty ONE,” to me that indicated personage.  
    I realize a god can be anything, but in the sense you use it, not as a false god, I can only conclude that you mean God, as “mighty one.”  When someone says: “mighty one,” I believe that implies personage.

Anyway, please do tell:  What is your understanding of the holy spirit?

PLEASE, DON'T JUST QUOTE SCRIPTURES.  I would like an answer, which you most likely won't give.  But I'd like one anyway, if possible.

david

Love conquers all

First we have to have faith that unity is possible david?

And there will be many threads still for all will share what they are experiencing and be comforted by others

Allowing everyone to be just where they are, not shaming those into change when they have not yet had the spirit open the eye’s on what you have seen, But yet the spirit may have given them another portion something different,
    Faith, the walk is not a burdensome one, if you can’t be heard this minute, faith that this is Gods will for the moment for you and the person, Rejoice in everything,
    A man can feel worthless if he can’t be heard?
    “By the way you are heard” (smiley)
    Stepping back to just love conquers all, loving the person is obeying the heavenly laws.
    God has them in his hand and the spirit shall work its mysteries within them, and we take to much on our own shoulders far to often
    Gods timing is perfect, our timing is willful if it’s not always his timing
    The faster we get to righteousness observing our own natures and offering it to the lord, the faster we are going to be a real blessing by words of power that can open the ears.
    If we really hold righteous desires towards another and want to help another we will put our heads down and head for the goal and they shall hear some good news when our feet return.
    Keep sharing what you hear, its really good and interesting, along with this! not being heard is a blessing, being accused is a blessing, and if knowledge of this reaches the heart and becomes our action, using all strength to not retaliate and defend ourselves we shall be heard and see a change come almost straight away within our heart for all we did was obey when nothing else was left for us to do.

The reason for not being heard sometimes is that the pride inside screams louder than the truth within us?

Charity

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    When Jesus struggled in the garden with two wills shown which spirit was struggling with which spirit?
    When Jesus died and his spirit left him was that the Spirit of Christ as a deity?
    Or when he came as man was he given a human spirit which later left him?
    Was Christ anointed with the Spirit of God and if so when?

This is a can of worms

Cult Buster
    Participant

Conclusive Evidence that the The Holy Spirit is JEHOVAH (God)

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Rev 22:9  worship God.

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
    2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted,  :O

Cult Buster
    Participant

Conclusive Evidence that the The Holy Spirit is JEHOVAH (God)

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Rev 22:9  worship God.

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
    2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted,  :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Spamming and shouting are frowned on here so please improve your manners.
    Of course the Spirit is of God, as your finger is to you.
    But we do not worship or pray to the Spirit of God do we?

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Of course the Spirit is of God, as your finger is to you.

No NH. The Holy Spirit is God.

The Holy Spirit is God

Acts 5:3   But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?  
     5:4   Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.  

Mathew  12:31   Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.  (Blasphemy can only be committed against God)

1 Corinthians  6:19   What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  
     6:20   For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God (the Holy Ghost) in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.  

1 Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God (the Holy Spirit) , and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  

1 Corinthians 3:17   Now the Lord (God) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.  

9:14   How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit (only God hath immortality) offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    The Holy Spirit must be treated with the same respect that the Father Himself is due. To blaspheme the Spirit is to blaspheme God the Father Himself, and is far more serious than blasphemy against the Son of God. But we do not pray to or worship the Spirit of God as God do we?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,201 through 1,220 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account