The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Whomever God declares clean is clean.
    Cornelius and his friends were declared clean.
    All is grace.

david
    Participant

The Bible says God is light, and power, and many other metaphors. Is he not a person!

A force or power dosnt Speak, think, hear, comfort, testify, grieve, can be blasphemed, can be quenched, can lead and guide and in fact have all the attributes of God and not be a person.

I really don't think you read my post on page 9 at all.
    Right. A force doesn't speak. And neither does the Bible. Yet, we always say: “What does the Bible say?”
    It's called personification.

You use your logic to explain away the truth that is before you so that you can fit the scriptures into your belief.

Here's the thing. It's the big thing, so please make some comment on it.
    I can fit all the scriptures into my belief.

Let's look at it again.

We have statments of a personal nature about the holy spirit indicating that either:
    1) it's a person
    2) it's not a person, but Bible is using personification.
    (Wait, the Bible can't do that. I just used personfication again!)

And we have statments of a very impersonal nature indicating that:
    1) they are metaphors
    2) it isn't a person

So that's what we have. But we also have a string of other things:
    Noteably, the holy spirit is often listed in strings of other impersonal things, over and over again. This is not usual if it were a person. Try putting the name Jesus in those places and it's ridiculous.
    As well, it is used possessively, as something that Jehovah possesses. It is his finger, his hand. It is “his holy spirit”
    Also notabley, it is never portrayed as a person, where as Jehovah and Jesus are seen in visions, on thrones, with crowns, etc, the holy spirit is pictured completley differently, never as a person, always differently.
    As well, no name.
    As well, the Jews never once thought of it as a person.
    As well, can a person be divided, poured out, drunk, etc.
    These are very odd uses of metaphors.
    When we are told that “Jehovah is a rock,” we understand it to mean that Jehovah is a stronghold. If these are all figures of speech for the holy spirit, they are somewhat odd.
    Over and over again, it's spoken almost as in a liquidy way–being poured out, being drunk, being baptized in it, etc.

david
    Participant

Is the Holy spirit GODS WILL PREFORMED ON EARTH

A force causing Gods will to be preformed

To acomplish all that GOD has designed to happen beginning to end

Coming upon and into men to move them to action to execute the mission

Yes, basically. When we look at ALL the scriptures, without the goggles of trinitarianism, which most of us seem to be born wearing, “yes.”

charity
    Participant

we may not have any hope towards recieving something that you already think we have.

How did we receive?

In our own demand?

Telling God when?

charity
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 13 2007,08:30)

Is the Holy spirit GODS WILL PREFORMED ON EARTH

A force causing Gods will to be preformed

To acomplish all that GOD has designed to happen beginning to end

Coming upon and into men to move them to action to execute the mission

Yes, basically.  When we look at ALL the scriptures, without the goggles of trinitarianism, which most of us seem to be born wearing, “yes.”

Thankyou david

It is not something that can often be seen in a person, just maybe one that will listen long enough may hear

Christ appeared an average man to deaf ears

just the spirit executing Gods will

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Jan. 13 2007,08:33)
    we may not have any hope towards recieving something that you already think we have.

How did we receive?

In our own demand?

Telling God when?

Hi charity,
    Follow the son into death and rebirth. Listen to Peter at pentecost and having obeyed seek and seek and seek and ask and ask and ask of God for the Spirit till He gives and gives and gives and gives..

Neither does the Athanasian creed you follow.

The point was it summed up his interpretation nicely.

If I was following any creed, I would rather follow his than Arius and his man made lies! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    I think we can align the understandings in some way with how the body of Christ is shown.

1Cor 12
    “12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14For the body is not one member, but many.

15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.”

Here God portrays members of the body of Christ as parts of the one body. Connected to the head, Christ, and sustained by blood, Spirit, and held together by ligaments it is a unit. United as one and working together in one purpose, careful to maintain that unity with some parts more important but every part vital. See v 21 that the head [Christ]needs the feet[us].

Colossians 1:18
    And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 2:19
    And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

“Ephesians 4:15
    But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:”

Surely the finger of God is one with God along similar lines.

The Life is in the blood. And the Life of the body of Christ is the ONE Spirit of God and in that Spirit we can ahave access to the mind and heart of God Himself.

1Cor 2
    “10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Is it not this formation of creeds that has led to apostasy?
    Why not keep it simple such as Hebrews 6 1-2 and the words that are written?

Hi W,
    Is it not this formation of creeds that has led to apostasy?
    Why not keep it simple such as Hebrews 6 1-2 and the words that are written?

NH

Ill say it again…

IF I WAS FOLLOWING A CREED…

:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Don't.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 13 2007,09:32)

Quote (charity @ Jan. 13 2007,08:33)

How did we receive?

In our own demand?

Telling God when?

Hi charity,
    Follow the son into death and rebirth. Listen to Peter at pentecost and having obeyed seek and seek and seek and ask and ask and ask of God for the Spirit till He gives and gives and gives and gives..

All good words

But!!Need more!!!

Darkness darkness day’s of darkness

Who darkened the Sun? So they may govern the day?

What’s Why's and don'ts! Miles… and…. miles…. of frustrating quotes

Guess Barnabas was there! I’ll turn my ear! he’s gotta be closer than we are

Barnabas 1:5
    if it shall be my care to communicate to you some portion of that which I received, it shall turn to my reward for having ministered to such spirits, I was eager to send you a trifle, that along with your faith ye might have your knowledge also perfect.
    Barnabas 1:6
    Well then, there are three ordinances of the Lord; *the hope of life, which is the beginning and end of our faith; and righteousness, which is the beginning and end of judgment; love shown in gladness and exultation, the testimony of works of righteousness.*
    Barnabas 1:7
    For the Lord made known to us by His prophets things past and present, giving us likewise the firstfruits of the taste of things future. And seeing each of these things severally coming to pass, according as He spake, we ought to offer a richer and higher offering to the fear of Him. But I, not as though I were a teacher, but as one of yourselves, will show forth a few things, whereby ye shall be gladdened in the present circumstances.
    Barnabas 2:1
      Seeing then that the days are evil, and that the Active One himself
    has the authority, we ought to give heed to ourselves and to seek out
    the ordinances of the Lord.
    Barnabas 2:2
    The aids of our faith then are fear and patience, and our allies are
    long-suffering and self-restraint.

Sorry state few men left?
    Isa 24:5  The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
    Isa 24:6  Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Isa 24:10
    The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.

charity
    Participant

About those miles upon miles of frustrating quotes

They have no power!

Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not move them with one of their *fingers.

Work towards righteous

Barnabas 3:3
    But unto us He saith; Behold, this is the fast which I have chosen,
    saith the Lord; loosen every band of wickedness, untie the
    tightened cords of forcible contracts, send away the broken ones
    released and tear in pieces every unjust bond. Break thy bread to
    the hungry, and if thou seest one naked clothe him; bring the

shelterless into thy house, and if thou seest a humble man, thou
    shalt not despise him, neither shall any one of thy household and
    of thine own seed.

Barnabas 3:4
    Then shall thy light break forth in the morning, and thy healing
    shall arise quickly, and righteousness shall go forth before thy
    face, and the glory of God shall environ thee.

Barnabas 3:5
    Then shalt thou cry out and God shall hear thee; while thou art
    still speaking, He shall say 'Lo, I am here'; if thou shalt take
    away from thee the yoke and the stretching forth of the *finger and
    the word of murmuring, and shalt give thy bread to the hungry
    heartily, and shalt pity the abased soul.

As Job have pages of disputes with his fellow men
    At the end God said to the disputers, they are now at the mercy of Job, should we also find ourselves begging the righteous man that we persecuted to receive forgiveness from God
    IT may be coming?
    God is faithful to his faithfully sown men

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity ,
    There is light in the Word for your feet and the light within will grow brighter too.
    Seek first the kingdom and you will then see the kingdom and your role in His plan
    Wisdom infused working towards wisdom in wisdom seek wisdom which is all.
    It is promised to all who ask and that means all.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2007,03:46)
    Hi charity ,
    There is light in the Word for your feet and the light within will grow brighter too.
    Seek first the kingdom and you will then see the kingdom and your role in His plan
    Wisdom infused working towards wisdom in wisdom seek wisdom which is all.
    It is promised to all who ask and that means all.

ThanKyou Nick

To fear God is the everlasting Gospel, Giving him glory at the same time, and believing that now is the judgment of this world

Rev 14:6 ¶ And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The measuring stick we use on others shall be handed to us at arrival, do unto others as you wish God to do unto you

1Pe 2:17 Honour “all “[men]. Love the brotherhood. “Fear “God. Honour the king.
    1Pe 2:18 ¶ Servants, [be] subject to [your] masters with all “fear”; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
    1Pe 2:19 For this [is] thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
    1Pe 2:20 For what glory [is it], if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer [for it], ye take it patiently, this [is] acceptable with God.
    1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Luke 11:49
    Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
    Luke 7:35
    But wisdom is justified of all her children.
    Matthew 11:19
    The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

What of those who despise the wisdom of God and prefer and teach the foolish wisdom of men?

They will eat their own fruit.

1 Corinthians 1:21
    For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:30
    But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption

1 Corinthians 1:24
    But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God

Christ is wisdom.
    The Word is wisdom.
    Why search elsewhere for the key of life?

charity
    Participant

That is Good Nick

Also

Where there is fear your soul dwells in safety, fear of God helps us to treat others with honor, even if they are or not deserving, for it fulfills humility in us, an empty vessel prepared for the Holy spirit to use for Gods purposes on earth.

Pro 15:33 The fear of the LORD [is] the instruction of wisdom; and before honour [is] humility.
    Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that [is] wisdom; and to depart from evil [is] understanding.
    Psa 111:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever.
    Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
    Isa 33:6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, [and] strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD [is] his treasure.

Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Fear only God, not what men can do to you, fear must be a healthy fear, not earthly panic giving a attention towards the worldly things, the grace and love of God covers us for our failings when acknowledged before God.

1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    The Spirit is the inner teacher.
    The teacher takes us to scripture.
    Wrestling with theologians is their joy
    But if we were united in the Spirit we would agree.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2007,04:53)
    Hi charity,
    The Spirit is the inner teacher.
    The teacher takes us to scripture.
    Wrestling with theologians is their joy
    But if we were united in the Spirit we would agree.

Nick I am only quoting this in terms that we need to hold fast to the prophets instructions and directions with are those I found and have posted given to avoid confusion
    Avoiding fear induces worldly wisdom, we cannot do this walk without obeying the heavenly Laws given

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

God blessing and good will towards you Nick

charity

NickHassan
    Participant

peace charity.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account