The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Did you not realise that the Holy Spirit is the finger of God and that God, Who is in heaven is never separate from His own Spirit and does all His work in His creation by His Spirit?

The Spirit proceeds from God because the Spirit is of God.

Hi CB,
    Did you not realise that the Holy Spirit is the finger of God and that God, Who is in heaven is never separate from His own Spirit and does all His work in His creation by His Spirit?

The Spirit proceeds from God because the Spirit is of God.

NH

Open your eyes. The Spirit is God!

Jn 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

II Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

You should accept the scriptures as they are, and stop trying to make them fit in an Arian view.

II cor. 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that **Jesus Christ is in you**, except ye be reprobates?

I Cor 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

I Cor 3:17
    If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

I Cor 6:19
    What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

II Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Your body is the temple NH God should be living there.

Why do you limit the One who created all things to being limited somewhere off in space? The Kingdom is in us.

Is God in you NH?  He says I will dwell in them, and walk with them…

..how that **Jesus Christ is in you**, except ye be reprobates?

This dosnt work in an Arian view.

Turn back to the truth found in the scriptures NH.

Accept the Lord Jesus into your Spirit.

:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Why did Christ tell the disciples to pray to God in heaven?

Hi W,
    Why did Christ tell the disciples to pray to God in heaven?

Heaven is a Spiritual realm NH.

Have you ever felt Gods presense in your life? Did God leave heaven. No. He simply opened up your senses, your Spirit simply experienced the manifestation of him. The Spirit in us is God.:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So earth is the physical realm.
    Heaven is God's throne?

Hi W,
    So earth is the physical realm.
    Heaven is God's throne?

NH

What did Jesus mean to you when he said the Kingdom of God is in you????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    God lives and rules in me as His Spirit which joins me with Himself in the Son.

Hi W,
    God lives and rules in me as His Spirit which joins me with Himself in the Son.

So Jesus and the Spirit lives in you also????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Jesus is in heaven and is at THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER.
    His Spirit, the holy Spirit of God, lives in his brothers.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    1Peter 1
    ” 10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.”

If you believe in a multipartite Spirit then verse like this are going to cause you grief too. Is the Holy Spirit here not the same as the Spirit of Christ mentioned above it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    1Cor 2
    “10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. “

So
    as the spirit of man is to the man
    so is the Spirit of God to God.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 20 2006,18:14)
    Hi W,
    1Cor 2
    “10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. “

So
    as the spirit of man is to the man
    so is the Spirit of God to God.

Nick,
    I agree totally with your statement, but do we understand what our spirit is?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    I suggest we can apply the same scripture to us.
    Our spirit, which gives us life and which is in us, searches the deep things of each of us and knows us.

Hi w,
    1Peter 1
    ” 10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.”

If you believe in a multipartite Spirit then verse like this are going to cause you grief too. Is the Holy Spirit here not the same as the Spirit of Christ mentioned above it?

NH

Strange you should use the word “multipartite”.

When you believe the Spirit is the Fathers Spirit and Jesus Spirit.

Heres the evidence. Why do you turn from the truth?

Open your eyes. The Spirit is God!

Jn 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

II Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

You should accept the scriptures as they are, and stop trying to make them fit in an Arian view.

II cor. 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that **Jesus Christ is in you**, except ye be reprobates?

I Cor 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

I Cor 3:17
    If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

I Cor 6:19
    What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

II Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Your body is the temple NH God should be living there.

Why do you limit the One who created all things to being limited somewhere off in space? The Kingdom is in us.

Is God in you NH? He says I will dwell in them, and walk with them…

..how that **Jesus Christ is in you**, except ye be reprobates?

This dosnt work in an Arian view.

Turn back to the truth found in the scriptures NH.

Accept the Lord Jesus into your Spirit.
    :D

NickHassan
    Participant

HiW,
    Are you one who believes not only in an invisible God but in an amorphous one as well?
    Does God not live in heaven and should we not pray to him there as Jesus told us to?
    Should we instead pray to God in ourselves or each other?
    Should the disciples just have prayed to Jesus and not God?
    If God is everywhere as Himself, is His Spirit also everywhere and also the Spirit of Christ?
    Or if the Spirit of God is God why do you want to call that Spirit another person?

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Cult Truster.

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 17 2006,06:09)
    t8

Here is the idol that you promote:

Don't misquote me t8.The very thing that you you say I promote is the very thing I speak against.
    Perhaps you cannot understand simple English or maybe you are intentionally misquoting me.

Here are my comments again.

In a nutshell the Catholics teach that originally there was God the Father and that He copulated with Himself to produce God the Son, and then out of them both came the Holy Spirit. A three in one, one in three blend. This is unbiblical rubbish borrowed from paganism. No wonder it does not provide answers to your questions.

The word trinity is not found in scripture and I prefer not to use it. In the old testament we have the word “Elohiym” meaning God in the plurality or Gods. The new testament uses words like Godhead and Deity. (Theos Theios, Theiotes,)

The Bible Godhead consist of The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost. Each is a separate divine Person and each the Eternal God. The new testament Greek word for God “Theos” sometime refers individually to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit: and at other times refers to the Godhead. We must read scripture in its context to know Who it refers to.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: /I]

Do youself a favor t8 and open your eyes.

Come out of that Arian Cult They have you brainwashed. :O

Do you preach the/a Trinity?

If you do, then your version may differ in points, but it's base is the Trinity all the same. 3 persons one God, or a triune God.

So I would offer your own advice to you, i.e., “come out of her”.

God is not a Trinity, whether it be the Catholic, Hindu, or your one.

God is one. There is one God the Father and one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Father is the one true God.

You can't argue this without arguing against scripture. You can say what you like about me, but you can't argue with the fact that there is one God the Father and that he is the one true God.

Well you can if you want, but you do it to your own detriment.

Cult Buster
    Participant

t8

Do you preach the/a Trinity?

If you do, then your version may differ in points, but it's base is the Trinity all the same. 3 persons one God, or a triune God.

You still don't get it t8. Or perhaps you do but won't accept the truth.

There are three separate Divine Persons in one Godhead.This is not the catholic trinity.

In whose names were you baptised in t8?

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:    :)  :)  :)

Arianism is not Christianity. Come out of her t8.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You say
    “There are three separate Divine Persons in one Godhead.”
    No God is One.
    Jesus is the Son of that God.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You say
    “There are three separate Divine Persons in one Godhead.”
    No God is One.
    Jesus is the Son of that God.

No NH. The Son of God is God

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

God (Elohiym) is a Godhead. PLURAL

Here is a “proof text” often used by these Arian cults to try to prove their “one God” theory.

Deu 6:4  Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

One God or one Godhead?

Let us take a closer look.

Deu 6:4  Hear, O Israel: The LORD (Y'hovah) our God (Elohiym-plural) is one LORD (Y'hovah):

ELOHIYM
    H430
    el-o-heem'
    Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; exceeding, God (gods)

The same Godhead present at creation.

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God (Elohiym-plural) created the heaven and the earth.
    Gen 1:26  And God (Elohiym-plural) said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness:

Jesus also quoted Deu 6:4

Mar 12:29  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God (Theos) is one Lord:

Therefore the word Theos in the New Testament can sometimes refer to the Godhead as well as Christ The Father and The Holy Spirit individually. Each text containing Theos must be considered in its context.

Mar 12:24  And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Who said that to the Son of God?
    God?

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account