The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    One of the roles of the Spirit of God is to search His creation and for those blessed with it to be shown the deeper things of God.

1Cor2
    ” 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.”

Ps 139
    1O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

5Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.”

And as Ps 139 shows
    to be known by the Spirit of God
    is to be known by God.

v7
    “7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? “

So also God knows us from within by the human spirit He has loaned to us.

Prov 20
    ” 27The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD,
    Searching all the innermost parts of his being”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Another role of the Spirit of Christ in us is that of sanctification. We cannot make ourselves holy. We do not see the invisible work being done.

2 Thessalonians 2:13
    But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.
    Hebrews 2:11
    For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,
    Romans 8:29
    For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;
    1 Corinthians 15:49
    Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.
    2 Corinthians 3:18
    But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.
    Colossians 3:10
    and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him–
    1 John 3:2
    Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of Christ in us worships God through us.

Heb 13
    ” 12Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate.

13So, let us go out to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach.

14For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come.

15Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Rom 8
    ” 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,
    if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
    Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. “

Does anyone believe this speaks of two separate spirits?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    1Cor 6
    ” 16Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.”

17But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.”

So if there are several spirits which one is spoken of here?

1 Corinthians 12:11
    But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.”

1 Corinthians 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”

Ephesians 4:4
    There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

1Cor 3
    16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2Cor 3
    17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty

There is no confusion. There is one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18
    For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Participant

Hi Nick:

The spirit of the Son who is the Word of God proceeds from God (from his throne in heaven) by His  Spirit.  They are two distinct individuals in the spirit of holiness.  The Son having been taught by God His Father has become like Him in the spirit as he learned to apply what he has been taught in this world.  (1 Co. 2:10-11, John 7:16-17, John 17:17-19, Hebrews 5:8-9, Hebrews 1:1-3)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    “The spirit of the Son who is the Word of God proceeds from God (from his throne in heaven) by His Spirit. They are two distinct individuals in the spirit of holiness. The Son having been taught by God His Father has become like Him in the spirit as he learned to apply what he has been taught in this world. “

So in which spirit did the Son work in power?
    His own or God's?

Acts 10
    ” 36The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

37That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

His spirit left him at death according to matt 27.50

Did he still have two spirits remaining with him?
    God's and his own?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The question has arisen. Is God just the Holy Spirit? Certainly the Spirit represents God and if lied to or blasphemed against it is against God. The Spirit is the manifestation of God throughout His creation but does God exist as a being or just as an amorphous evanescent spirit presence?

God was in Christ reconciling the World to himself according to 2 Cor 5. The fuillness of the deity of God indwelled him according to Colossians.  Yet Jesus told us to pray to God in heaven. That is His throne.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Has God got a spirit?
    Yes.

Jl 2
    ” 28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit”

God does not say

“I will pour out Myself”

Gen 6
    “3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. “

Faith First
    Participant

Heb 9:14  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1Ti 6:16  (God) Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

If the Holy Spirit is eternal and only God has immortality, then it stands to reason that the Holy Spirit must be God.

Here's your chance Nick.

:;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    You say
    “then it stands to reason that the Holy Spirit must be God”

Reason does not compare with scriptural truth.
    That is what led to the formulation of the false idea of God-the trinity theory.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Body has many parts with nmany different roles as shown by Paul's exposition on the body of Christ.

1Cor 12
    ” 3Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14For the body is not one member, but many.

15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.”

Jesus likened the Spirit of God to the finger of God.

Lk 11
    ” 20But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.”

So when you sit to eat
    Do not your ears serve your being by hearing the call?
    Do not you feet and legs serve your being by helping you go to the table?
    Does the eye serve your being by telling you what the food is and where it is in front of you?
    Does not the nose serve your being by revealing the delicious aromas?
    Do not your hands and fingers serve your being by enabling you to cut the food and take it to your mouth when you send them instructions to do so?
    Does not your mouth and your teeth and tongue serve your being by enabling you to chew?
    So also for the oesophagus and the stomach and bowel all serving your being.

So why is it hard to accept that the Spirit of God serves God while still being enjoined with Him?

Cult Buster
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is God

Acts 5:3   But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?  
     5:4   Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.  

Mathew  12:31   Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.  (Blasphemy can only be committed against God)

1 Corinthians  6:19   What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  
     6:20   For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God (the Holy Ghost) in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.  

1 Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God (the Holy Spirit) , and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  

1 Corinthians 3:17   Now the Lord (God) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.  

9:14   How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit (only God hath immortality) offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?  

The HOLY SPIRIT (a Person) is endowed with very “personal” characteristics like:
    Intelligence and knowledge, feelings and teaching ability.
    (John 14:26) “for He will teach you all things”.
    1 Cor. 2:13,14 He teaches us spiritual things, helping us to discern spiritual things
    (1 Cor. 12:11),He makes decisions –deciding who gets what spiritual gift
    He has emotions and can be grieved (Eph. 4:30)
    Romans 8:26 “The Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

(John 16:8) He convicts of sin, of righteousness and judgment
    Rev. 22:17
    He invites people to “come” (Matt. 12:31, Mark 3:29) He can be sinned and blasphemed against, which can lead to the unpardonable sin
    “The Spirit Himself bears witness…. that we are children of God (Romans 8:16
    He speaks (Acts 8:29)
    teaches (Luke 12:12)
    reveals (Luke 2:26)
    testifies (Acts 20:23)
    searches (1 Cor. 2:10,11)
    He sets people apart for service and sends them on their way (Acts 13:2,4)
    He commands and guides (Acts 8:29)
    He declares things to come (John 16:13)
    In John chapters 14-16 Christ referred to the Holy Spirit 24 times with personal PRONOUNS. HE,  HIM. He addresses the Holy Spirit as a person, and treats Him as a person. In John 14:16 He calls Him the Comforter (Parakletos), which is a title which could only be held by a person.

If the Holy Spirit was only Christ's Spirit, then explain the following:

The Bible speaks of Him as:
    1. The Spirit Himself (Romans 8:16; 8:26)
    2. The Spirit of God (Romans 8:9; 8:14)
    3. The Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9)

The Spirit is all the fullness of the Godhead.

When we see statements like Christs Spirit or the Father’s Spirit, it does not take anything away from the Holy Spirit as an individual person of the Godhead.

If I said to you “my brother”, “your sister”, “his mother,”, or “mother of Charlie”, does this mean we own our brothers, sisters and mothers? Does this mean that they are part of us or that they are not separate individuals?  Of course not!

The three Divine Beings in heaven are also very closely related. So we see statements like Christ’s Father, Spirit of God, Son of God, Christs Spirit, the Father’s Spirit or Spirit of the Lord.  

The Spirit is all the fullness of the Godhead.

Rev 4:8, Isaiha 6:3   HOLY HOLY HOLY  (praising the three Divine Beings)

Beware! Beware! of these Jehovah's Witnesses offshoot cults. If you are part of any of these cults, you must come out and join a real Christian church. Why should you be tormented by the word of God when you can live in harmony with it. It is not too late. You must come out. Bring your loved one's out.

Revelation 18:4  …. Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues….

Cult Buster
    Participant

TEXTS CONTAINING ALL THREE PERSONS OF THE GODHEAD

Following are just some texts showing the understanding of the Three Divine Beings / Persons in One Godhead.

Matt. 28:19 Baptizing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

11 Cor. 13:14 Grace of Christ, the love of God and the communion of the Holy Spirit.

11 Cor. 1:21,22 He Who establishes in Christ, anointed us is God, and given us the Spirit

1 Thess. 5:18-19 Will of God in Christ Jesus…quench not the Spirit.
    Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Jude 20-21 Praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of Jesus Christ.

Notice also that ALL THREE MEMBERS were present at creation

Genesis 1:1,2 In the beginning GOD(Elohiym-plural) created the heavens and the earth…And the Spirit of God (Elohiym-plural) was hovering over the face of the the waters.

Genesis 1:26 And God (Elohiym-plural) said, …..
    “Let US make man in OUR image…so God (Elohiym-plural) created man in His image..male and female He created THEM.

Col. 1:15 “By Him [Christ] all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, …all things were created through Him and for Him.”

All three were present at the incarnation!

Luke 1:35
    And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Isaiah 9:6
    Christ's NAME, carries the Full Godhead:

“Unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given and His NAME shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

The One God (Godhead) is comprised of the Father, the Prince of Peace (Christ) and the Counselor (Holy Spirit)

Rev 4:8, Isaiha 6:3   HOLY HOLY HOLY  (praising the three Divine Beings)

Beware! Beware! of these Jehovah's Witnesses offshoot cults. If you are part of any of these cults, you must come out and join a real Christian church. Why should you be tormented by the word of God when you can live in harmony with it. It is not too late. You must come out. Bring your loved one's out.

Revelation 18:4  …. Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    The Spirit of God fully expressed the nature and ability of God in Christ and communally does so in the body of Christ.

But God's Spirit is not another person is God. That is just the latest idea coming from the apostate church which initially designed a binity and then decided to call God's own Spirit another person and thus trinity was spawned.

Men who fear their Creator God should not really get involved in such foolish and unbiblical speculation about His nature. He has told us enough about Himself and His Son and His Spirit they came to share in the bible.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 03 2006,11:23)
    [B]The Holy Spirit is God

Acts 5:3   But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?  
     5:4   Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.  

Hi CB:

The God of Acts 5:3-4 is revealed in Acts 5:29-32, there the relationships are clarified. The Holy Spirit is the Father's and not a “third person.”

Acts 5:29 But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. 31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and THE POWER OF THE HIGHEST shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son OF GOD.

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of GOD exalted, and having received of the FATHER the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from THY PRESENCE; and take not THY HOLY SPIRIT from me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Faith First @ Dec. 01 2006,06:09)
    Heb 9:14  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1Ti 6:16  (God) Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

If the Holy Spirit is eternal and only God has immortality, then it stands to reason that the Holy Spirit must be God.

Here's your chance Nick.

:;):

Hi FF,
    So you agree that the Holy Spirit manifests God Himself. Those who saw Christ also “saw” God in him “for God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself”

2Cor 3
    ” 17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

Great.

So now we have two.
    God
    and
    His Son.

Cult Buster
    Participant

We have now the typical tactics or a cult. Muddy the water, twist the scriptures and a lot of squirming. All of your “issues have been answered in full.

So now we have two.
    God
    and
    His Son.

Perhaps you have trouble counting.

Matthew. 28:19 Baptizing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

Come out of her :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Does it not bother you at all that you shout in the streets what Jesus did not even whisper as an aside?
    You stand ALONE and will have to meet with he whose words do not align with you one day to justify your stance.

Hi FF,
    So you agree that the Holy Spirit manifests God Himself. Those who saw Christ also “saw” God in him “for God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself”

2Cor 3
    ” 17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to  glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

Great.

So now we have two.
    God
    and
    His Son.

Cubes

Did God send himself?

Did Jesus send the Father?

If your answer is yes, then you need to remove some scriptures from your Bible.

Jn 14:26
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn 16:7
    Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

[/B]:)

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account