The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,801 through 5,820 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Colter.

You dont understand that Jesus was the Word of God made flesh.
    The Holy spirit is, and will always be in the Word.
    Every word that comes out of the mouth of God is truth.(spirit of truth).
    There is only one truth. You can not divide the Holy spirit.
    If Jesus is standing by my side,I will be in comfort.
    If Jesus sends me the Holy spirit,I will be in comfort.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Our Father in Heaven….
    Yet God can dwell in creation by his Spirit.

To me that is the difference between God and his Spirit.

What is God? He is the Spirit.
    Who is God? He is the Father of all.

Hi T8,

How does the “HolySpirit” fit into this verse:

“Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence:
    shall we not much rather be in subjection unto THE FATHER OF SPIRITS, and live?
    ” (Heb 12:9)

1. The HolySpirit *IS* THE FATHER OF SPIRITS
    2. The HolySpirit is one of the “SPIRITS” the Father of Spirits is the father of.
    3. The HolySpirit is exempt from this verse

Please explain what your view is:

Note: The expressed choices express my understanding, with my choice being #1.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

PS. How do I make the quote say t8 wrote:

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes he is the Father of spirits because he is a spirit. Spirit begats spirit and flesh begats flesh.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

Then would it be safe to say that you also believe (1)that the HolySpirit is God’s own Spirit, and
    (2)when the bible says “HIM” (in reference to the HolySpirit) that is referring specifically to “GOD”?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Well these things are not spelled out for us, but it says, “The Lord is the Spirit”.  So believe that.

And God is the God of the living, so I don’t think any part of him is dead or non-living.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

Maybe its just me, but I don’t see how your post connects
    to anything I said in my post. Can you please elaborate?

Spock
    Participant

Wakeup,

you don’t seem to understand that the “spirit of truth” sent by Jesus was a new spirit. It is Christ with us now.

Wakeup
    Participant

Colter.

How can Jesus learned sufferings from men?

He created men and had put all the workings of the flesh in men.

He is the designer of the body,and have provided all what the body needs.

Because he knew what the body will need in different situations.

The nerves,the anti bodies, the tears to cry, the joy to laugh; and conscience.

He knew how to  designed the body ,and God said; It is good.

How can an inventor design an invention, if he does not know how his invention is to perform?

Does he not know what problems  to watch for, and provide the solution for it?

Jesus knew about sufferings and pain before He created the human body.

wakeup.

Spock
    Participant

Wakeup,  in the same way that man has never been God,  Michael had never experienced being human.  We now have a God who knows what it is like to be human.  He shows man what is possible, rising above the wrong teachings of inherited sin. In my religion Michael had incarnate 6 times previously as various orders of the celestial realm, but his incarnation as a babe of the realm was the first time he took on the human form.

Jesus “Christ Michael” is now and forever more both human and divine. He achieved unquestioned sovereignty of his co-creation.

Wakeup
    Participant

Colter.

According to you, God does not know  the human body.

God does not know how the human mind operates.

And yet He created the human body.

He knows the characteristics of the human body;and the spirit of the flesh.

The problem with you is;where you get your information from.

The source of your information is not from above,but from earth.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

THE WORD SPIRIT SEEMS TO BE NOT TRULY UNDERSTOOD BY THE MAJORITY.

1.God is A Spirit;this means that God’s wholeness is comprised of spirit. (not flesh or some other).

2.God also has a driving force, and that force is His will; And his will is his plan,his objective.

That is His spirit.

3.We are made of flesh,and we also have a spirit. This is called the spirit of the flesh.

The driving force of the flesh;our will as a living person. This spirit of the flesh is different from each other.

Because everyone has his own goal in life,and yet all is about the material.(of this world).

Everyone has his own goal in life. That goal is mostly;  to achieve what is in the heart,and is always about material things.

The things of this world.

Whatever that goal is; it is of this world. Everyone his own hunger,his own dream.

4. God’s will:  his driving force/spirit, is to bring humans to himself,(and more things) by teaching

/guiding them;  that men’s goal in life is not profitable.

What ever we have achieved in life will not last,but will go into the grave,and turn to dust.

5. The Word of God was made flesh,and called by the name Jesus; as of the flesh.

He also had a human driving force/spirit, but He used that force just to serve His Father;

for he had no other goals in his life,as a human, but to obey and serve His Father.

6. God’s will/spirit, is for us to be as His Son;  meaning to follow his footsteps in life.

So we can be God’s spirit children .To be one in will and spirit.

Seek only to serve God,not to serve the will of the flesh.

7. Angels also are of spirit,not flesh. They also have a driving force/spirit.

And that drive force is to obey their creator. But not so with lucifer and his angels; they had their own goals/spirit.

Their  goals is to be independant from their creator. They wanted to go on their own. There fore became the

opposite to God’s will. God loves peace and righteousness; they love war,  cunfusion, and destroying souls.

That is their spirit; to seperate us from God.

8. Back to the spirit of God. God himself is a spirit being,and he has his will/spirit.Focusing on his plan.

God’s spirit is Holy and true.;He Himself is truth. If anyone has that spirit in him;He will seek truth,and just go for truth.

9. The spirit of the flesh is always self serving of the material world. There is no profit in the spiritual to them.

10. Example: a millionaire business man driving force/spirit, is to make more millions in his life.

That is the driving force of his spirit.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant
    Wakeup wrote:

He also had a human driving force/spirit, but He used that force just to serve His Father;

Hi Wakeup,

Would Jesus’ spirit be “the spirit of Christ” then?

Wakeup
    Participant

Edj.

It seems that you did not understand my explanation.

Jesus has given up his spirit of fleshly desires.

This means that Jesus spirit is of the Father.

A man either follow his own spirit or follow God’s spirit which is Holy and true.

To follow man’s spirit leads to sin; and when sin is completed the fruits is death.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Wakeup,

Would you say Jesus’ spirit is like ours or like God’s HolySpirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU
    “To follow man’s spirit leads to sin; and when sin is completed the fruits is death.”
    That is an interesting ADDITION to scripture

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It could be an addition to Scripture which speaks of a human believer’s spirit testifying with God’s spirit but Scripture also uses man to be godless humans. Like always, then intent gives meaning to the letter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Do you think Rom 8 is an addition?
    Scripture does not say the spirit of man is evil-it is given of God.
    ecc12

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I think that the spirit of man without God is godless even though it given by God. I do not believe God gave the spirit to each human so he could live without him. Instead I believe men sought out other Gods and so separated themselves from God. When Paul writes of men whose spirit bears witness with the Holy Spirit he is speaking to those who have come to God through faith in Jesus Christ. Such a human is not longer a mere man not is their spirit a mere man’s.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The spirit is godless?
    The spirit given to men is not the Holy Spirit but only gives him limited life.
    Those who are blessed by the gift of the Holy Spirit are still mere men with a human spirit too as the apostles show.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

A human is either with God or without God. A human without God still has a human spirit but it does not testify with the Holy Spirit. In that way it is godless. It is written that man was created upright but went in search of many schemes.

Are you speaking of the breath or the spirit that men live by? When the spirit men live by and the fruit of the Holy Spirit are united then a the mans bears testimony with the Holy Spirit that he is a son of God. The breath gives life to the body and may also be the soul.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,801 through 5,820 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account