The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,881 through 4,900 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi David,

The five times “God's” name is used in singular form points to “God's Signature”.

God's Signature
                                            Proof of God=117
            GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)……………………(Psalm 68:4)
            YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)………………….(Exodus 6:3)
            Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)………………..(Isaiah 12:2)
            HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)……………..(Isaiah 26:4)
            God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)…………….(Psalm 83:18)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,15:42)

Hi David: JEHOVAH is GOD”(“YHVH is GOD”=117) is actually written “3” times in total, not only once like the N.W.T. has it.

Hi Ed.  i know this is slightly off topic, but I'm wondering if you could point out where it occurs 3 times.  I am sure you are right.  I just would like to see it for myself so I can correct it.  Thanks.

Hi David,

Joshua 22:34, 1Kings 8:60, and 1Kings 20:28.

God bless

david
    Participant

Ed, so, you aren't going to respond to my post. Ok. I understand. Ed, I've often wondered how you feel about the KJ including God's name 5 times, but leaving it out thousands of times?

If it was right to include it 5 times, why remove it the other several thousand?

And if it was right to take it out, why include it the 5 times?

I don't understand the logic.

Similarly, you often point out the “Jehovah” is incorrect. Yet, you also think the KJ is God's Bible with a secret message to us. So, why have it spelled wrongly? (I am not here trying to state that “Jehovah” is a correct translation, but only trying to understand your thoughts on the KJ and it's use of “Jehovah.”)

david
    Participant

Joshua 22:34, 1Kings 8:60, and 1Kings 20:28.

Thanks.

david
    Participant

Ed, it seems that 1 kings 20:28 actually says: “Jehovah [or, the Lord] is A god.” (So, I probably included that one in the “Jehovah is a god…” list)

But thanks for pointing out the other one.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi David,

The “AKJV Bible” uses “the LORD” to differentiate God's name
    (יהוה YÄ-hä-vā) from [אדני] Âd-ô-nây meaning “Lord” or Owner.

God bless

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,15:57)
    Hi David,

God bless

Yes, Ed, I'm well aware of that fact.

Doesn't the KJ use LORD (and also GOD sometimes)?

But, this doesn't actually address my questions.

If it is right to substitute LORD (or GOD), why does it include “Jehovah” 5 times?
    Or if it is right to include Jehovah 5 times, why does it substitute LORD thousands of times?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,15:49)
    Ed, so, you aren't going to respond to my post.  Ok.  I understand.  Ed, I've often wondered how you feel about the KJ including God's name 5 times, but leaving it out thousands of times?

If it was right to include it 5 times, why remove it the other several thousand?

Similarly, you often point out the “Jehovah” is incorrect.  Yet, you also think the KJ is God's Bible with a secret message to us.  So, why have it spelled wrongly?  (I am not here trying to state that “Jehovah” is a correct translation, but only trying to understand your thoughts on the KJ and it's use of “Jehovah.”)

Hi David,

The “AKJV Bible” also uses God's name in “3” phrases;
    and do you know what these phrases denote?

God bless

david
    Participant

Also,

Similarly, you often point out the “Jehovah” is incorrect. Yet, you also think the KJ is God's Bible with a secret message to us. So, why have it spelled wrongly? (I am not here trying to state that “Jehovah” is a correct translation, but only trying to understand your thoughts on the KJ and it's use of “Jehovah.”)

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,16:01)

Ed, so, you aren't going to respond to my post.  Ok.  I understand.  Ed, I've often wondered how you feel about the KJ including God's name 5 times, but leaving it out thousands of times?

Similarly, you often point out the “Jehovah” is incorrect.  Yet, you also think the KJ is God's Bible with a secret message to us.  So, why have it spelled wrongly?  (I am not here trying to state that “Jehovah” is a correct translation, but only trying to understand your thoughts on the KJ and it's use of “Jehovah.”)

Hi David,

God bless

Ed, I like the KJ. I thought we could discuss it's use of “Jehovah.” If not, that's ok.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,16:01)

Hi David,

God bless
    Ed J

If it is right to substitute LORD (or GOD), why does it include “Jehovah” 5 times?
    Or if it is right to include Jehovah 5 times, why does it substitute LORD thousands of times?

HI David,

I told you why on page 129 in the fourth post,
    perhaps it's because you did not like the answer?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,16:02)
    Also,

Hi David,

What is the secret message?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,16:03)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,16:01)

Hi David,

God bless
    Ed J

Ed, I like the KJ.  I thought we could discuss it's use of “Jehovah.”  If not, that's ok.

Hi David,

The five times “God's” name is used in singular form points to “God's Signature”.

God's Signature
                                            Proof of God=117
            GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)……………………(Psalm 68:4)
            YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)………………….(Exodus 6:3)
            Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)………………..(Isaiah 12:2)
            HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)……………..(Isaiah 26:4)
            God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)…………….(Psalm 83:18)

……………………….Three Altars
    ……………………….YHVH Banner=117

1) Genesis 22:14, “Jehovah-Jireh” means: “GOD will see” and “GOD will provide”;
    this appertains to “JESUS”=74, which is “our provision back to GOD”. (II Cor. 5:19)

2) Exodus 17:15, “Jehovah-Nissi” means: “GOD is My Banner”, which illustrates  
    GOD THE FATHER”=117, because under GOD’s banner we all stand. (Psalm 60:4)

3) Judges 6:24, “Jehovah-Shalom” relates: “GOD is My Peace” to the comforter,
    the “HOLY SPIRIT”=151, because the Spirit brings us GOD’s comfort. (John 14:26)

God bless
    Trinity and non-Trinity, can both views be correct?

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,16:07)

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,16:01)

Hi David,

God bless
    Ed J

HI David,

I told you why on page 129 in the fourth post,
    perhaps it's because you did not like the answer?

God bless

You most certainly did not answer my question in the fourth post on page 129.

Maybe you misunderstand my question.

If you are trying to say there is some secret hidden message in the number of times that the KJ translated it “Jehovah” then I would ask: “Were those who were actually inspired by God, and who wrote the tetragrammaton thousands of times, wrong, in doing so?”

Also, I asked you about the spelling, which you often focus on. But for some reason, you keep ignoring that question.

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,16:09)

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,16:02)
    Also,

Hi David,

What is the secret message?

God bless

You are the one that knows the secret Bible number code. You tell me. What secret message? Or messages perhaps.

david
    Participant

Three Altars
    ……………………….YHVH Banner=117

1) Genesis 22:14, “Jehovah-Jireh” means: “GOD will see” and “GOD will provide”;
    this appertains to “JESUS”=74, which is “our provision back to GOD”. (II Cor. 5:19)

2) Exodus 17:15, “Jehovah-Nissi” means: “GOD is My Banner”, which illustrates
    “GOD THE FATHER”=117, because under GOD’s banner we all stand. (Psalm 60:4)

3) Judges 6:24, “Jehovah-Shalom” relates: “GOD is My Peace” to the comforter,
    the “HOLY SPIRIT”=151, because the Spirit brings us GOD’s comfort. (John 14:26)

Ed, which is correct?

1. YHVH
    2. Jehovah

I don't suggest either is correct, but only want to know your thoughts on the KJ, which has 'Jehovah', yet you use YHVH??

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,07:27)

Quote (david @ Feb. 24 2012,11:32)

Hi Carmel.  I am curious where you think the holy spirit is called “god” in the bible?

Hi David, Acts 5:3-4.

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

God bless

Getting back on track:

the holy spirit is not called “God” in either of these verses.

david
    Participant

I've looked through the entire Bible. Here are some phrases I found repeatedly in Scripture:

Jehovah your God–455 times
    Jehovah the God of–204 times
    Jehovah our God–105 times
    Jehovah God–50 times
    Jehovah their God–39 times
    Jehovah my God–40 times
    Jehovah his God–29 times
    Jehovah the [true] God–8 times.
    the [true] God Jehovah–4 times
    Jehovah is a God–7 times
    Jehovah a God–1 time
    Jehovah is in truth God–1 time
    Jehovah is God–2 times
    Jehovah is my God–1 time
    Jehovah is our God–1 time

1000 times Ed. 1000 times, we are clearly and unmistakably told without question that Jehovah is God.

Luke 12 certainly says no such thing. If you look up the definition of blasphemy, you will see that it can apply to sacred things (such as the holy spirit) and doesn't have to apply to God.

And Acts 5:3,4, is extremely week. Why is it made so abundantly clear that “Jehovah is God” and at the most, only vaguely hinted at that the holy spirit is? Odd, don't you think?

Given that the holy spirit is God's holy spirit, his finger, it is “of” him, it should be understandable that to lie to the holy spirit is to lie to God.

If I cut your finger off, I could equally say that I made “you” ed, bleed. Does this mean that your “finger” IS you?

No, just like God's holy spirit is called his “arm” and his “finger” in scripture, so too, we understand that is “of” him.

If we consider scriptures such as this that speak of the holy spirit as God's finger, it's very easy to understand why it isn't made clear that the holy spirit is “God.” Because it isn't!

Look at the scripture. You lied to the holy spirit. You lied to God.
    Well, couldn't I say: I made your finger bleed. I made YOU bleed?

Does this mean that your finger IS you? Or is it “of” you? As in the spirit “of” God, as it's often said to be?

I find it so bizarre that Jehovah can be so clearly called “God” 1000 times, and you think that this one scripture, which doesn't say: “the holy spirit is God” or “the holy spirit my God” or anything like that, is proof of something?

You do remember the “finger” scripture I speak of, I assume?

david

ED, I WOULD RATHER DISCUSS THE ACTUAL TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, THEN THE KJ BIBLE. BUT IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS MY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE KJ BIBLE AND THE USE AND NON USE OF “JEHOVAH” AND ALSO YHVH, AND WHICH IS CORRECT, WE COULD DO SO IN THE KJ THREAD.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,13:42)

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 25 2012,13:17)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,11:57)

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 25 2012,11:21)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,10:20)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 19 2012,20:40)

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 18 2012,13:27)
    The Word carries the message

HI Georgie,

“The Word” is the message,
    the message is “The Word”.

God bless
    Ed J  

Hi Georgie,

Do you agree with this?

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Hi Ed

I think about it this way.

The Word is everything that proceeds out of God's mouth.
    The Word became flesh, so this Word now is Christ.
    but the Word still came from God's mouth.

Christ carried that message.  There is a new kingdom coming, and forgiveness of sins if we now go through him.
    That Word given from God was inside him, as he said everything I speak is my father speaking through me.

But not everything done with God's word is a message to us.  For he commands and carries out his plans on certain matters without our knowledge. We cannot fathom God's intelligence, and how he made things etc.

But the Word he left us, in print is the message, in real life, is Christ, and revealing only a snippet of what he is capable of, and doing.

So the Word he gave us is the message, that's correct,
    but the definition you use is not entirely correct, simply because his Word is capable of so much more than just being a message.  It performs other things as well.  It's more than that, and not only that.

I hope this makes sense

Hi Georgie,

Is it not the “HolySpirit” which carries Gods message? (see Hebrews 1:1-2)

God bless

Ed

The holy spirit is in the Word.  It is not the Word.  The holy spirit helps us to understand the Word.  The holy spirit is a guide for us.  It guides us to truth and helps us understand.  There are also manifestations of the holy spirit, and it's demonstration of power, like the miracles Jesus and the apostles performed.

Jesus had the holy spirit in him.  He was not that holy spirit.  The holy spirit is a force, comforter, spirit of truth, and it comes from God.  Now God has given  Jesus the power to grant this holy spirit to whomever wishes to feed on the truth.
    The holy spirit has no body, but dwells and performs where ever it is sent.  It is a force, power.

HI Georgie, thank you for attempt to answer my question, but your answer now leads to yet another question…

What “Spirit” are you suggesting that Jesus was referring to in John 6:63?…   <– Please answer

the words that I(Jesus) speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63)

Will you PLEASE answer the questions that I ask?   Along with whatever else you wish to say?
    Your uncle gives L O N G responsive posts, BUT IGNORES THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASK HIM TO ANSWER?

God bless

Hi Ed

Yes I can answer your question directly.

Those words that Jesus speaks to us are not just ordinary words, like the type you find in a normal book, but these words give life. These Words come from God, and as we know, God is spirit, so his words are spiritual too.

The words that Jesus speaks could be likened to an instruction manual, if you like. They come from God, who is spirit. Stick to this manual and you will receive life, your reward at the end of it. Everlasting life.
    Follow this manual, not another manual, this is a spiritual manual. The words are spirit, because the word is alive, and this word changes lives.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi D,
    The Holy Spirit is OF God.
    The Spirit is HOLY because the Spirit is of God.
    No aspect of God is less than God and men are warned against such disrespect.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,881 through 4,900 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account