The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,521 through 4,540 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Irene Posted to Ed J…

Ed!  I don't deny any Scriptures.  but to think that the Holy Spirit is God rather then the Holy Spirit is of God, I find wrong.  

Hbr 12:9   Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?  

Are you suggesting that “God The Father” is “Father” to (according to Irene) the “HolySpirit”?

YHVH=63  

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.  

My spirit is NOT striving with you, but merely against false doctrine! (Eph.4:13-14 / 2Cor.3:18)

should I go on

Yes; by all means you should go on! Or else 'run away'
        like everyone else does when facing “The Truth”!

God bless
    Ed J
    (Job 36:2)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 04 2011,16:56)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 04 2011,16:33)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 04 2011,08:34)

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 03 2011,16:20)
    It could simple not be a person, because how could a person life inside all of us….

Hi Irene

So what you are saying is God the Father cannot live in all of us at the same time? Isn't he Omnipresent?

Hi WJ,

Do you not believe your own words?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

So Ed, quit for a change…..nothing to say about the Scriptures I gave you????

Peace Irene

Hi Irene,

You should realize (by now) I NEVER QUIT! (James 4:7)
    See my Post immediately above this one. (Isaiah 54:17)

God bless

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 04 2011,14:02)
    Ed!  I don't deny any Scriptures.  but to think that the Holy Spirit is God rather then the Holy Spirit is of God, I find wrong.  

1Jo 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false  

Notice that it says whether the Spirit is of God.

Hbr 12:9   Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?  

Father of Spirits…

Gen 1:2   And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Spirit of God…

Gen 6:3   And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.  

My Spirit

Job 33:4   The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.  

The Spirit of God…..should I go on or dio yiu get the picture

Peace Irene

So Ed!   All these Scripture say that The Holy Spirit is God?   I don't think so……..
    You are just like anyone else, yout way or no way.  The Holy Spirit is of Gog and not is God…..You have to believe this even if it is not according to Scripture..I know What I believe is the truth, cause I have Scripture to prove it,,Irene…Those are only a few, there are more…Peace Irene.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 05 2011,00:42)

1Jo 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false  

Father of Spirits…

Gen 1:2   And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Spirit of God…

Gen 6:3   And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.  

My Spirit

Job 33:4   The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.  

Peace Irene

So Ed!   All these Scripture say that The Holy Spirit is God?   I don't think so……..
    You are just like anyone else, yout way or no way.  The Holy Spirit is of Gog and not is God…..You have to believe this even if it is not according to Scripture..I know What I believe is the truth, cause I have Scripture to prove it,,Irene…Those are only a few, there are more…Peace Irene.

Hi Irene,

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against (speaketh against) the HolySpirit  it shall not be
    forgiven; neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matthew.12:31)
    These Scriptures conclusively PROVE “The Word” is the HolySpirit”!

Zech.4:6
    Zech.12:1

Matt.13:19
    Mark 4:14
    Mark13:11
    Mark 13:19
    Luke 3:2
    Luke 8:11
    John 12:49
    John 14:24
    John 17:6-8
    John 17:14
    Acts 4:31
    Acts 10:36-38
    Acts 10:44
    Acts 11:15-16
    Acts 13:4-5
    Acts 13:47-49
    Acts 17:11
    Acts 20:32
    Romans 9:5-6
    Romans 10:17
    1Cor. 12:8-9
    1Cor. 14:36
    2Cor. 5:19
    2Cor. 6:6-7
    Gal.6:6
    Eph. 1:12-13
    Eph. 5:26
    Eph. 6:17
    Phillip.2:16
    1Tm.5:17-18
    2Tm.2:11-15
    2Tm.4:2
    Hebrews 1:1-2
    Hebrews 2:2-3
    Hebrews 4:2-6
    Hebrews 4:8-12
    Hebrews 5:13-14
    Hebrews 7:28
    Hebrews 11:3
    Hebrews 12:19
    James 1:18
    1Peter 1:21-23
    1Peter 2:6-8
    1John 2:7-10
    Rev.1:2
    Rev.1:9
    Rev.19:11-16
    Rev.20:4

God bless
    Ed J

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 03 2011,17:35)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 04 2011,16:16)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 03 2011,17:04)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 04 2011,15:06)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 03 2011,15:21)
    so to whom did he really say that ??

t

To us and the Apostles, who else?

Why don't you make some sense of your post?

Just because you do not accept Jesus words the way he spoke them does not mean his words are not true.

WJ

WJ

could you show me in scripture were it says that it is given to all, i mean what Jesus says ;the spirit of truth;

and also what it is since you know it ???

Pierre

T

I never said he gives the Spirit of Truth to all, but only to those who thirst and believe…

In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, “IF ANY MAN THIRST“, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. “(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]“; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) John 7:37-39

WJ

WJ

so it is given only if you do something is it ??

Pierre

Peirre

Knock it off man. You are simply evading my point. Did I say you had to do something.

I said what Jesus said.. You must thirst and believe.

WJ

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 03 2011,20:481)
    The 'systems of religion' do “NOT” teach the “HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ”; can you name 'even one' that actually does?

Bye ED

Jesus did not send the Father. And Jesus is not the Son of the Holy Spirit!

WJ

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 04 2011,00:33)

It could simple not be a person, because how could a person life inside all of us….

Hi Irene

So what you are saying is God the Father cannot live in all of us at the same time? Isn't he Omnipresent?

Hi WJ,

God bless

Ed

I believe the Father, Jesus and the Councelor (Holy Spirit) lives in me. And they are One God, One Essence, yet scriptures teach they are distinct persons. Matt 28:19

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 05 2011,08:58)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 03 2011,17:35)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 04 2011,16:16)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 03 2011,17:04)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 04 2011,15:06)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 03 2011,15:21)
    so to whom did he really say that ??

t

To us and the Apostles, who else?

Why don't you make some sense of your post?

Just because you do not accept Jesus words the way he spoke them does not mean his words are not true.

WJ

WJ

could you show me in scripture were it says that it is given to all, i mean what Jesus says ;the spirit of truth;

and also what it is since you know it ???

Pierre

T

I never said he gives the Spirit of Truth to all, but only to those who thirst and believe…

In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, “IF ANY MAN THIRST“, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. “(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]“; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) John 7:37-39

WJ

WJ

so it is given only if you do something is it ??

Pierre

Peirre

Knock it off man. You are simply evading my point. Did I say you had to do something.

WJ

WJ

you say;Knock it off man. You are simply evading my point. Did I say you had to do something.

WJ
    =================================
    I say;so it is given only if you do something is it ??

so if you must be thirst THIS WOULD MEAN WHAT ???THAT YOU ARE EGAR FOR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GOD AND HIS PLAN,

IF YOU BELIEVE SO YOU PUT IN MOTION THE REQUIREMENT OF FAITH,NO??YES

SO HIS THIS NOT DO SOMETHING??

what you think of possessing is of little value ,but what glory do you bring to the Lord by ignoring yours ,there is value.

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 05 2011,02:08)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 04 2011,00:33)

Hi Irene

Hi WJ,

God bless

Ed

I believe the Father, Jesus and the Councelor (Holy Spirit) lives in me. And they are One God, One Essence, yet scriptures teach they are distinct persons. Matt 28:19

WJ

Hi WJ,

How did “God The Father” get in you; was He sent?

God bless

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 04 2011,12:51)
    what you think of possessing is of little value ,but what glory do you bring to the Lord by ignoring yours ,there is value.

Man you make no sense to me.

WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 05 2011,02:00)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 03 2011,20:481)
    The 'systems of religion' do “NOT” teach the “HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ”; can you name 'even one' that actually does?

Bye ED

Jesus did not send the Father. And Jesus is not the Son of the Holy Spirit!

WJ

Hi WJ,

Are you telling us all here that you don't believe these Scriptures?

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you:
    but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words:
    and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Isaiah 64:4-5 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived
    by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for
    him that waiteth for him. Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness,
    those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned:
    in those is continuance, and we shall be saved. (2Cor.5:19)

2Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God(HolySpirit) was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,
    not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

God bless

ED

Good bye. Non of those scriptures say the Father is the Holy Spirit or that Jesus is the Son of the Holy Spirit. You will have to do better than that.

You are not reading the same BIble as I am.

Later!

WJ

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 05 2011,01:19)

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 05 2011,00:42)

Father of Spirits…

Spirit of God…

My Spirit

Peace Irene

Hi Irene,

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against (speaketh against) the HolySpirit  it shall not be
    forgiven; neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matthew.12:31)
    These Scriptures conclusively PROVE “The Word” is the HolySpirit”!

Zech.4:6
    Zech.12:1

Matt.13:19
    Mark 4:14
    Mark13:11
    Mark 13:19
    Luke 3:2
    Luke 8:11
    John 12:49
    John 14:24
    John 17:6-8
    John 17:14
    Acts 4:31
    Acts 10:36-38
    Acts 10:44
    Acts 11:15-16
    Acts 13:4-5
    Acts 13:47-49
    Acts 17:11
    Acts 20:32
    Romans 9:5-6
    Romans 10:17
    1Cor. 12:8-9
    1Cor. 14:36
    2Cor. 5:19
    2Cor. 6:6-7
    Gal.6:6
    Eph. 1:12-13
    Eph. 5:26
    Eph. 6:17
    Phillip.2:16
    1Tm.5:17-18
    2Tm.2:11-15
    2Tm.4:2
    Hebrews 1:1-2
    Hebrews 2:2-3
    Hebrews 4:2-6
    Hebrews 4:8-12
    Hebrews 5:13-14
    Hebrews 7:28
    Hebrews 11:3
    Hebrews 12:19
    James 1:18
    1Peter 1:21-23
    1Peter 2:6-8
    1John 2:7-10
    Rev.1:2
    Rev.1:9
    Rev.19:11-16
    Rev.20:4

God bless
    Ed J

Ed!  And how did I speak against God's Holy Spirit…. You just don't want to acknowledge that  the Holy Spirit is of God rather then what you say is God. There are many Scriptures that prove it.  Rather you judge me, knowing that you can't say anything else…..You cant say that I am wrong, because I have Scriptures on my side, and it is YOU who is going against what God's Holy Spirit is…….the power of Almighty God……not the Word of God.  Is the Spirit in you, the word you speak????

You quote  Holy Spirit of the LORD, my spirit said the LORD, my point, not yours

Zec 4:6   Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This [is] the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Zec 12:1 ¶ The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.  

This Scripture is not even talking about God's Holy Spirit, but man,,,

Mat 13:19   When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth [it] not, then cometh the wicked [one], and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.  

This Scripture has nothing to do with Gods Holy Spirit…

Mar 13:11   But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

This is the Holy Spirit in us speaking.

Mar 13:19   For [in] those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.  

Nothing to do with Gods Holy Spirit

Mar 4:14   The sower soweth the word.  
    Again nothing to do with the Holy Spirit

Luk 3:2   Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.  

What is the Word of God???

Luk 8:11 ¶ Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.  
    Jhn 12:49   For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.  

This is Jesus speaking ……nothing about Gods Holy Spirit, but our Heavenly Father….

Jhn 14:24   He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.  
    This proves Jesus preexisting….nothing about Gods Holy Spirit…

Jhn 17:14   I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  
    same thing, talking about Jesus work here on earth, given the Word of God….NOT HIS HOLY SPIRIT, at that time the Holy Spirit of God had not given yet….

Act 4:31   And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spake the word of God with boldness.  
    This is were the Apostles received the Holy Spirit.And that is why they could speak the Word of God with boldness….

Act 10:36   The word which [God] sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)  

Act 10:37   That word, , ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;  

Act 10:38   How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.  

Ed, you confusing the word of God which Jesus taught especially His Apostles and commissioned them to go into all the nations and teach the good news…..It is Gods Holy Spirit in all of us that we can understand the Word of God…….This is enough for those who think that the Holy Spiri is God, rather then that the Holy Spirit is of Go, His power……..by the Holy Spirit we understand the Word of God….Period…And this is the last post I make to you Ed…..you interpret Gods Word wrongly and I feel sorry for you….there are more Scriptures to many to go into…
    Peace and Love to you, Irene

Irene

t8 has already mentioned that you don't have to put Eds or anyone elses entire post in the quote.

It makes it hard to keep up and it is messy and it uses more of his Hardrive Space.

Just saying. I know I do it sometimes but it is better to cut out of the quote what you don't want of course make sure what you cut is still in context of what you are responding to.

WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 05 2011,06:13)
    ED

Good bye. Non of those scriptures say the Father is the Holy Spirit or that Jesus is the Son of the Holy Spirit. You will have to do better than that.

You are not reading the same BIble as I am.

Later!

WJ

Hi WJ,

Which Bible are you reading?

God bless  
    Ed J (AKJV Bible)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 05 2011,06:20)
    Ed! 

Mar 13:11   But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Irene

Hi Irene,

Then who is the verse saying is speaking through us?

God bless  
    Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

edj

look at this scriptures;;2Pe 1:20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation.
    2Pe 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

and the spirit of truth can only speak trough you only if you are representing God by his word.

so do not think you are anything more then a mere man.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 05 2011,06:26)
    Irene

t8 has already mentioned that you don't have to put Eds or anyone elses entire post in the quote.

It makes it hard to keep up and it is messy and it uses more of his Hardrive Space.

Just saying. I know I do it sometimes but it is better to cut out of the quote what you don't want of course make sure what you cut is still in context of what you are responding to.

WJ

WJ  I just wanted the reader to see what those Scriptures really mean.  Ed has taken some Scriptures that don't even have anything to do with the Holy Spirit of God rather is God….But your right it takes a lot of room….And Iam not the only one who is still doing it, i will watch it in the future…….I am always very much upset when members quote Scriptures like Ed just did…..so deceiving……
    Peace Irene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 05 2011,06:56)

Ed! 

Irene

Hi Irene,

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed! You took the wrong Scripture, don't act so innocent, some if not all are not talking about The Holy Spirit God the way you put it. It is Gods Holy Spirit. Peace Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 05 2011,10:32)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 05 2011,06:56)

Ed! 

Irene

Hi Irene,

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed!  You took the wrong Scripture, don't act so innocent, some if not all are not talking about The Holy Spirit God the way you put it.  It is Gods Holy Spirit.  Peace Irene

Oh, sorry.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,521 through 4,540 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account