The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,321 through 4,340 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

here is some;

The Spirit Of God
    by Wayne Blank

“God,” or “The Father,” is relatively easy to understand: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1 RSV) and “Is not He your Father, Who created you, Who made you and established you?” (Deuteronomy 32:6 RSV). “The Son of God” is also relatively easy to comprehend: “the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God” (Mark 1:1 RSV) and “for God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16 RSV). But just what is the “Spirit of God”? Is It a “who” or is It an “It”?
    The “Spirit Of God” In The Old Testament

In the Old Testament, the Hebrew word translated as “Spirit” in the term “Spirit of God” is (pronounced) roo-awkh which, surprisingly to many, literally means breath, or more specifically, exhalation, a breathing out. “Breath” may not seem to make sense as a term for Spirit until one appreciates the fact that breath represents life, a living, creative force, as plainly described in these verses in which “breath” is used as an analogy for the Spirit of God:

“then The Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7 RSV)
    “for from Me proceeds the Spirit, and I have made the breath of life.” (Isaiah 57:16 RSV)

“The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life” (Job 33:4 RSV)

Examples of the “Roo-awkh of God,” the knowledge and creative ability of God, from your Bible:

“The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters, And God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.” (Genesis 1:2-3 RSV)
    “and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with ability and intelligence, with knowledge and all craftsmanship, to devise artistic designs, to work in gold, silver, and bronze, in cutting stones for setting, and in carving wood, for work in every craft” (Exodus 31:3-5 RSV)

The “Spirit Of God” In The New Testament

In the New Testament, the Greek word translated as “Spirit” in the term “Spirit of God” is (pronounced) new-mah and means the same thing as the Old Testament word discussed above, breath, but with a much more profound usage – the Old Testament word was generally used to refer to the creating of physical life, while the New Testament word is used to refer to the power that will, in due time, after serving as a “deposit,” or “guarantee” until then (i.e. “He has put His seal upon us and given us His Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee,” 2 Corinthians 1:22 RSV) will create eternal life.

“And when Jesus was baptized [see Baptism], He went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on Him; and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, with Whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16-17 RSV)
    “the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:30 RSV) (see Resurrections)

“For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God [see Children Of God].” (Romans 8:14 RSV

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2010,23:12)
    here is some;

The Spirit Of God
    by Wayne Blank

“God,” or “The Father,” is relatively easy to understand: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1 RSV) and “Is not He your Father, Who created you, Who made you and established you?” (Deuteronomy 32:6 RSV). “The Son of God” is also relatively easy to comprehend: “the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God” (Mark 1:1 RSV) and “for God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16 RSV). But just what is the “Spirit of God”? Is It a “who” or is It an “It”?

In the Old Testament, the Hebrew word translated as “Spirit” in the term “Spirit of God” is (pronounced) roo-awkh which, surprisingly to many, literally means breath, or more specifically, exhalation, a breathing out. “Breath” may not seem to make sense as a term for Spirit until one appreciates the fact that breath represents life, a living, creative force, as plainly described in these verses in which “breath” is used as an analogy for the Spirit of God:

“then The Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7 RSV)
    “for from Me proceeds the Spirit, and I have made the breath of life.” (Isaiah 57:16 RSV)

“The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life” (Job 33:4 RSV)

Examples of the “Roo-awkh of God,” the knowledge and creative ability of God, from your Bible:

“The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters, And God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.” (Genesis 1:2-3 RSV)
    “and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with ability and intelligence, with knowledge and all craftsmanship, to devise artistic designs, to work in gold, silver, and bronze, in cutting stones for setting, and in carving wood, for work in every craft” (Exodus 31:3-5 RSV)

In the New Testament, the Greek word translated as “Spirit” in the term “Spirit of God” is (pronounced) new-mah and means the same thing as the Old Testament word discussed above, breath, but with a much more profound usage – the Old Testament word was generally used to refer to the creating of physical life, while the New Testament word is used to refer to the power that will, in due time, after serving as a “deposit,” or “guarantee” until then (i.e. “He has put His seal upon us and given us His Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee,” 2 Corinthians 1:22 RSV) will create eternal life.

“And when Jesus was baptized [see Baptism], He went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on Him; and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, with Whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16-17 RSV)
    “the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:30 RSV) (see Resurrections)

“For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God [see Children Of God].” (Romans 8:14 RSV

Hi Pierre,

A good article but like he said in one part concerning the definition of spirit:

literally means breath, or more specifically, exhalation, a breathing out. Then he uses analogies for them. Only problem is: what if the Spirit of God IS spirit? Which is one of the definitions he left out.

Maybe you can look up one of the verses he quoted: Gen 1:2 and see what you come up with.

The Professor

Ed J
    Participant

To All,

Jesus' God is “Our YHVH”=117!(John 20:17)………….[יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD)]
          “YHVH Breath”=117(Gen.2:7 / 2Thess.2:8)…………..[The Spirit of God]
          “YHVH Voice”=117(Gen:3:10 / John 1:33)…………….[The Word of God]

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center Chapter],
    the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 23 2010,10:15)

here is some;

The Spirit Of God
    by Wayne Blank

Hi Pierre,

A good article but like he said in one part concerning the definition of spirit:

literally means breath, or more specifically, exhalation, a breathing out.  Then he uses analogies for them.  Only problem is: what if the Spirit of God IS spirit?  Which is one of the definitions he left out.

Maybe you can look up one of the verses he quoted:  Gen 1:2 and see what you come up with.

The Professor

Davd fun

i have a question for you ;God is spirit so no body i mean physical one,

so how could a non physical body blow air into a physical body ?

this is not possible to me,so the best answer is that it was not air but “a spirit of live” that was given to Adam.
    God give us of his spirit to live.

wen you born we usually say that it is the first breath a baby take that bring him live ,this is true but the reality is that it is the spirit to live that God give us, that is making us looking for that first breath of air.

this is my understanding

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2010,14:28)

here is some;

The Spirit Of God
    by Wayne Blank

Hi Pierre,

literally means breath, or more specifically, exhalation, a breathing out.  Then he uses analogies for them.  Only problem is: what if the Spirit of God IS spirit?  Which is one of the definitions he left out.

Maybe you can look up one of the verses he quoted:  Gen 1:2 and see what you come up with.

The Professor

Davd fun

this is not possible to me,so the best answer is that it was not air but “a spirit of live” that was given to Adam.

wen you born we usually say that it is the first breath a baby take that bring him live ,this is true but the reality is that it is the spirit to live that God give us, that is making us looking for that first breath of air.

this is my understanding

Pierre

Hi Terraricca,

“Spirit of live”=144

an 15 hundred 74 and 19 forty 84 and 19 four 60 thousand 102 = 373 (74th Prime number)
    Rev.7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed
    an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

(Lōgôs) [λογος]=373 means “Word”, and 373 is the 74th Prime Number!
    (Hō Lōgôs) [ο λογος]=443 means “The Word” and 443 is the 86th Prime Number.
    “Word of God”(86) and אלהים=86 ĔL-ō-Hêêm both equal 86 and ĔL-ō-Hêêm(63) is “YHVH”(63).

In English, the significant number (74) is attributed to JOSHUA=74, Messiah=74;
    in the following: JESUS=74, Cross=74, Gospel=74, and even English=74.
    Jesus Christ (74×32) also factors 74 in Greek Theomatically:
    [Jesus] Ιησους=74(x12), [Christ] Χριστоς=74(x20).
    [Son of Man] υιος τον ανθρωπου=74(x40).

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2010,22:28)

here is some;

The Spirit Of God
    by Wayne Blank

Hi Pierre,

The Professor

Davd fun

this is my understanding

Pierre

Actually Pierre, that is a good question…and easy to explain.

Gen 2:7 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

LORD = YHWH and He has a physical body; read Gen 3.

breath = נשמה nĕshamah (noun, feminine)

being = נפש nephesh (noun, feminine)

Holy Spirit = ruwach (noun, feminine)

In CPR when you breathe into the nostrils you only do that for an infant, so here in this verse we see that Adam was formed a “baby”.

YHWH, in a physical body, breathed into Adam…..so Pierre, you are right, LORD had a physical problem which caused some confusion of your preconceived idea that God is Spirit. Only one part of God is Spirit, the other Part YHWH has a physical body and is referred to as God, Father, King, Priest, Prophet,,,,all masculine nouns.

The Professor

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2010,14:28)

here is some;

The Spirit Of God
    by Wayne Blank

Hi Pierre,

The Professor

Davd fun

this is my understanding

Pierre

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Edit))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Hi Terraricca,

“Spirit of life”=144

an 15 hundred 74 and 19 forty 84 and 19 four 60 thousand 102 = 373 (74th Prime number)
    Rev.7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed
    an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

(Lōgôs) [λογος]=373 means “Word”, and 373 is the 74th Prime Number!
    (Hō Lōgôs) [ο λογος]=443 means “The Word” and 443 is the 86th Prime Number.
    “Word of God”(86) and אלהים=86 ĔL-ō-Hêêm both equal 86 and ĔL-ō-Hêêm(63) is “YHVH”(63).

In English, the significant number (74) is attributed to JOSHUA=74, Messiah=74;
    in the following: JESUS=74, Cross=74, Gospel=74, and even English=74.
    Jesus Christ (74×32) also factors 74 in Greek Theomatically:
    [Jesus] Ιησους=74(x12), [Christ] Χριστоς=74(x20).
    [Son of Man] υιος τον ανθρωπου=74(x40).

God bless

davidbfun
    Participant

Holy Spirit is a feminine noun.

I've noticed in two months you haven't been able to verify it, and that's the Truth = 117

If you did, the rest of the house of cards would tumble.

The Professor

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 27 2010,10:25)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2010,22:28)

here is some;

The Spirit Of God
    by Wayne Blank

Hi Pierre,

The Professor

Davd fun

this is my understanding

Pierre

Actually Pierre, that is a good question…and easy to explain.

Gen 2:7 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

LORD = YHWH and He has a physical body; read Gen 3.

breath = נשמה nĕshamah (noun, feminine)

being = נפש nephesh (noun, feminine)

Holy Spirit = ruwach (noun, feminine)

In CPR when you breathe into the nostrils you only do that for an infant, so here in this verse we see that Adam was formed a “baby”.

YHWH, in a physical body, breathed into Adam…..so Pierre, you are right, LORD had a physical problem which caused some confusion of your preconceived idea that God is Spirit.  Only one part of God is Spirit, the other Part YHWH has a physical body and is referred to as God, Father, King, Priest, Prophet,,,,all masculine nouns.

The Professor

DBF

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Jn 4:21 Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
    Jn 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.
    Jn 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks

show me in those scriptures that God has a physical body.

either you say the truth and Christ is a liar or Christ says the truth and you do not understand is it ??

those are but a few scriptures i am sure you know of others.

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 02 2010,04:43)
    Greetings,

John 6:63 (a) “It is the Spirit “who” gives life;

Hi David,

How true! (Gen.1:26)

Gen.1:21-27 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth,
    which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after
    his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply,
    and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning
    were the fifth day. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle,
    and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast
    of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth
    after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our
    likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over
    the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God
    created man
    in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 27 2010,03:33)
    I've noticed in two months you haven't been able to verify it, and that's the Truth = 117

The Professor

Hi DBF,

What does this mean?

Ed J

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2010,04:17)

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 27 2010,03:33)

The Professor

Hi DBF,

What does this mean?

Ed J

Ed,

Gen 1:2 And the “Spirit”

Please look up Spirit and tell me “the parts of speech” and the gender.

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Ed,

P.S. And the Hebrew word in Gen 1:2, ok?

Notice is says Ruwach….

davidbfun
    Participant

Eph 4:4 There is one body (YHVH) and one Spirit (Spirit), just as also you were called in one hope (JC) of your calling;

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 28 2010,12:09)
    Eph 4:4 There is one body (YHVH) and one Spirit (Spirit), just as also you were called in one hope (JC) of your calling;

Hi David,

“The One Spirit” is Jesus' Father: HolySpirit! (Click Here)
    (Matt.1:18 / Matt.1:20 / Luke 1:35 / Eph.4:6 / John 4:24)

“The One Body” is Jesus Christ

1Cor.12:13: For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews
    or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
    Rom. 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14)

davidbfun
    Participant

Ed,

Again, I've asked you to look up Spirit, Ruwach in the OT, have you done it yet?

If not, I will for the untold time repeat it for you:

Spirit = Ruwach (noun, FEMININE) Gen 1:2

Kathi finally did and cut and pasted what was there which showed the same as what I put above.

Please do the same and it will show you the truth about the Spirit of God.

Therefore you should not have any problems knowing the truth. If you don't believe it, look it up and prove me wrong. It takes less than a minute to go to blb.org enter Gen 1:2 and do a language check “c”, and then a word check.

If you continue to post false information contrary to what is known and written it is showing your character.

The Hebrew Bible (and language) came before the NT and the NT Greek cannot change the facts of the OT….so please don't go to the Greek and play games.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 28 2010,14:11)
    Ed,

If you continue to post false information contrary to what is known and written it is showing your character.

Hi DBF,

What information are 'you' accusing me of being false?

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2010,22:47)

Ed,

Hi DBF,

Ed,

Look up Genesis 1:2 and do a word search for Spirit, please.

Then come back here and post the Parts of Speech and gender listed, ok?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2010,14:47)

Ed,

Hi DBF,

Hi DDF,

You didn't answer my question?

davidbfun
    Participant

Ed,

I did answer, but you don't want to look it up….
    Spirit in Gen 1:2. Parts of Speech and gender….
    Cut and paste and we can talk further…..

Viewing 20 posts - 4,321 through 4,340 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account