The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,201 through 3,220 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 24 2010,05:25)
    ED J………..Sorry i did not realize it was a question you were after, So I will ask you one , what is you understanding of the SEVEN SPIRITS of GOD then?

Hi Gene,

All Seven are represented by names. Five are on inside of the “HolyCity” and two are on the outside.
    The “two names” that are represented outside the city and are at the signature part at the bottom.
    One in Hebrew and the other in English. Both help to remove the dichotomy trap(previously discussed).
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….4;st=20 (Forth Post from top)

Here's the Bible verse that corresponds to this Idea…

Isaiah 52:12 For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight:
    for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

No form: before God's “HolyCity”.

Deut.4:12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire:
    ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude(Shape); only ye heard a voice.
    Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen:
    that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I he: before me there was no God formed,
    neither shall there be after me. God's “HolyCity” forms a picture (Shape) of GOD!

YHVH is One GOD: The Five Represented inside the “HolyCity (with unity) are…    

GOD: יהוה (God's Name) pronounced YÄ-hä-vā.

God The Father: יהוה האלהים (Representing God's Name and title GOD).
    Jesus: (God's Son's Name in English is more properly “Joshua”).
    HolySpirit: (“The word” structure of “GOD” indwelling in us believers!)
    YHVH: (God's Name transliterated into English)

These Seven Names: make up the seven Spirits of GOD.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

JustAskin
    Participant

To all,
    EDJ has invented his own religion.

EDJ, what is a Spirit and what is the Spirit of being?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 24 2010,08:05)
    To all,
    EDJ has invented his own religion.

EDJ, what is a Spirit and what is the Spirit of being?

To JustAskin,
    There's no need for you to accuse.

Please explain your post, your being very vague?

Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

EDj

those are strait forward question.;;EDJ, what is a Spirit and what is the Spirit of being?

this is not vague at all.

JustAskin
    Participant

Always the same.
    They become dumb when asked to speak the truth because there is no truth in them.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 24 2010,13:14)
    Always the same.
    They become dumb when asked to speak the truth because there is no truth in them.

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 24 2010,11:07)
    EDj

those are strait forward question.;;EDJ, what is a Spirit and what is the Spirit of being?

this is not vague at all.

Hi JustAskin,

You illustrate a common problem, judging others according to your standard.
    That is why you keep telling others they are wrong; you just can't seem to get past judging others.
    You see everything according to your bias filters, your version of “truth” is perfectly clear to you.
    But you seem to have trouble getting others to agree with your brand of “Truth”.
    It also appears you have two questions here, I asked there to be only one question Per Post.

I want to answer your question, but I don't understand it.
    You need to explain what it is you mean by this if you want me to answer…
        'what is a Spirit and what is the Spirit of being'?

If Terraricca understands your question so well, than why doesn't he answer it for you.

Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

edJ
    it was ask to you, you know you are on the hot stove because it may bring down you theory of trinity so you look some were to get out ,and see if someone else can do it for you,

so you will not be used to destroy your own believes

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 24 2010,15:22)
    edJ
    it was ask to you, you know you are on the hot stove because it may bring down you theory of trinity so you look some were to get out ,and see if someone else can do it for you,

Hi Terraricca,

Your words are even more incoherent than JustAskin's two questions were?
    Irene may be right, you may need an interpreter to communicate with others here.

Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

EDJ

i almost could say in advance your respond ,but if you read with a willing heart what i said thats what you did

JustAskin
    Participant

EDJ,
    The 'two' questions are one… I'm sure there are many who can understand this!

But, for you, ok. What is Spirit?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 24 2010,10:41)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 24 2010,15:22)
    edJ

Hi Terraricca,

Your words are even more incoherent than JustAskin's two questions were?
    Irene may be right, you may need an interpreter to communicate with others here.

Ed J

I understand her fine. I believe her English has improved since she has been here. It is some of the native born English speakers I have trouble understanding. I suggest people consult dictionaries a little more than they seem to. I know I have to.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 25 2010,02:14)
    EDJ,
    The 'two' questions are one… I'm sure there are many who can understand this!

But, for you, ok. What is Spirit?

Hi JustAskin,

The mental disposition as in the mind which can also include the breath as in life. What is your purpose for asking?

Ed J

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi Edj,
    On page 8 you said that the Holy Spirit is Word made Flesh in Jesus and that the Holy Spirit is Jesus' Father.

You then say that tne Holy Spirit lead Jesus into the desert and some other stuff.

Up till now I cannot fathom out what exactly you are saying because I have never heard anyone speak such garbled nonesense.

I ask 'what is Spirit?' to see how you can explain what, to me, is a simple thing: Spirit is the envigorating force within an entity; the enacter; the animater; the doer of the will of the owning entity.

The Holy Spirit is the Holy Enacter of God the Father, it does his will.

God willed that Jesus be born as a human and God's Holy Spirit carried out the enactment of that will through the woman Mary.

The Spirit is a catalyst in this respect, it does the act then departs unchanged, it does not become attached and therefore cannot be said to be 'Jesus's Father' of itself. It is the owner of that Spirit that claims the attachment, God the Father – hence, Jesus is called the Son of God (not the son of the Holy Spirit).

I felt you idea of what the Holy Spirit is was very confused and so I asked the question(s).

I hope you can see that the 'two' questions are, indeed, not two but one.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 25 2010,09:28)
    Hi Edj,
    On page 8 you said that the Holy Spirit is Word made Flesh in Jesus and that the Holy Spirit is Jesus' Father.

You then say that tne Holy Spirit lead Jesus into the desert and some other stuff.

Up till now I cannot fathom out what exactly you are saying because I have never heard anyone speak such garbled nonesense.

I ask 'what is Spirit?' to see how you can explain what, to me, is a simple thing: Spirit is the envigorating force within an entity; the enacter; the animater; the doer of the will of the owning entity.

The Holy Spirit is the Holy Enacter of God the Father, it does his will.

God willed that Jesus be born as a human and God's Holy Spirit carried out the enactment of that will through the woman Mary.

The Spirit is a catalyst in this respect, it does the act then departs unchanged, it does not become attached and therefore cannot be said to be 'Jesus's Father'  of itself. It is the owner of that Spirit that claims the attachment, God the Father – hence, Jesus is called the Son of God (not the son of the Holy Spirit).

I felt you idea of what the Holy Spirit is was very confused and so I asked the question(s).

I hope you can see that the 'two' questions are, indeed, not two but one.

Hi Just Askin,

HolySpirit and God The Father are one in the same!

You offer NO proof for your assertions, 'only' circular logic.
    According to 'like logic' you present in your post…
    Your own logic could dictate: 'you are not you'.
    Can you not see the utter absurdity of this type of thinking?

Ed J

JustAskin
    Participant

edj,
    The reason I said that you have created your own religion or cult, is because you present some things that are not scriptural, that you have created in your own mind.

You seem to like presenting God as formulae, numbers and equations and, while no doubt there are elements of truth in what you have gleened from your formulae, it is a dangerous thing to then start using that as the basis for your belief.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 25 2010,10:01)
    edj,
    The reason I said that you have created your own religion or cult, is because you present some things that are not scriptural, that you have created in your own mind.

You seem to like presenting God as formulae, numbers and equations and, while no doubt there are elements of truth in what you have gleened from your formulae, it is a dangerous thing to then start using that as the basis for your belief.

Hi JustAskin,

Thank you for softening your tone against me!

I only use “Numbers” to corroborate “Bible Truth”.
    Numbers cannot teach you anything!
    It is the “HolySpirit”(The Word) that does the teaching.

Rom:10:17: So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
    “HolySpitit”(God The Father) on the outside of a Person and “God The Father”(HolySpitit) on the inside of a Person.

What have I said that was UN-Scriptural?

Ed J

JustAskin
    Participant

Edj,
    I think you are alone in your presentation of this eternally important issue of God and Life in God.

Accurate knowledge of God does not come from formulae and statistics and equations.

It is understandable that you have a gift for mathematics in this regard and many things that you have 'discovered' truly fit into elements of God's plan and there is no doubt that numbers are important.

However, to take that and make it the basis for your belief is not what God wants. And further, to be attempting to 'pursuade' others is even worse.

Most people here are trying to prove God to themselves using Scriptural material that is open and reachable (even if misguided) but who is understanding your equations? This makes your system closed, esoteric, for the 'intelligent'.

God wants All people, especially the uneducated, to come to know him and love him of their own free will, of their own correct understanding of him and if not that, then by works in his name and finally, if nothing else then by faith alone.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 25 2010,11:04)
    Edj,
    I think you are alone in your presentation of this eternally important issue of God and Life in God.

Accurate knowledge of God does not come from formulae and statistics and equations.

It is understandable that you have a gift for mathematics in this regard and many things that you have 'discovered' truly fit into elements of God's plan and there is no doubt that numbers are important.

However, to take that and make it the basis for your belief is not what God wants. And further, to be attempting to 'pursuade' others is even worse.

Most people here are trying to prove God to themselves using Scriptural material that is open and reachable (even if misguided) but who is understanding your equations? This makes your system closed, esoteric, for the 'intelligent'.

God wants All people, especially the uneducated, to come to know him and love him of their own free will, of their own correct understanding of him and if not that, then by works in his name and finally, if nothing else then by faith alone.

Hi JustAskin,

What makes you think you know what God wants and at the same time think others don't know what God wants?
    Don't you think that's being a bit 'hypocritical' on your part? Think about it!

Ed J

selah
    Participant

Hello Kerwin,

As noted earlier, I am not going to post any further evidence in defense of the unity of God as my knowledge in that subject is quite limited.

My interest and study is in things of the last days … Bible prophecy.

Having said that, I would still appreciate hearing your response to my post about God inspiring Moses to use echad in Deut 6:4.

In your post of Jan 20 you stated in part:

“…….. The Trinitarians attempt to prove that you can have 1 apple at the same time you have 3 apples and when you point out that is illogical they attribute that as a mystery of God.”

In that Moses was inspired to use echad describing the one God, would you now (like the Trinitarian) attribute that to another mystery of God?

Or, do you conclude that Moses made a mistake?

Please do not consider this as sarcasm, it is not.
    I am truly interested in your honest response to the question … or, from any one else.

Selah

The word “selah” is appropriate here, as some believe it means to pause to consider or weigh out what has just been said.

kerwin
    Participant

Selah wrote:

Having said that, I would still appreciate hearing your response to my post about God inspiring Moses to use echad in Deut 6:4.

I had not looked into that mystery but because you asked I did a preliminary investigation.

Selah wrote:

In that Moses was inspired to use echad describing the one God, would you now (like the Trinitarian) attribute that to another mystery of God?

“Echad” is literally the number one in the Hebrew alphanumeric system.  It is like our number one in that it can mean unity and well as a single one.   The appropriate definition is to be gleaned from the context that “echad” is used in.  

I must admit that since there is little written context in the surround passage that clarifies what Mosses meant by the words he wrote in Deuteronomy 6:4 that God could be a union of Gods or just a single God.   The context I speak of is Deuteronomy 6:3 which tells us that is the God Moses is speaking of the God of the fathers of Israel and thus his listeners at that time as well as himself knew what he meant.

Selah wrote:

Or, do you conclude that Moses made a mistake?

He knew what he meant as did those who heard him at that time.  It is us that are unsure.

Selah wrote:

The word “selah” is appropriate here, as some believe it means to pause to consider or weigh out what has just been said.

Interesting.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,201 through 3,220 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account