The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,181 through 2,200 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Rom8
    11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Irene
    Participant

Adam It is God's Spirit that combines with our Spirit and makes us one. We are still going to be a individual being, but God will be all in all. So is Christ. It is the Spirit of God that makes us one in all truths. Of course that is future tense. Now we have confusion. Then only truth will be taught by Jesus and the elect.
    Peace and Love Irene

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen, more to come in this understanding I feel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Rom 8.16 shows that our spirit is now with the Spirit of God
    16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

But the spirit of man returns to God.

Ecc12
    7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Irene
    Participant

So Nick when we get resurrected if we should be so fortunate and become a Spirit being, what kind of Spirit is that, is that not the same Spirit we had as a Human just like Christ did. He knew who He was before. Don't we too? I believe that we do remember who we were before as a Human. Is it not the same Spirit that we have now? IMO. yes. Glorified like Jesus. Question what are the Angels? Are they not all Spirits? Not the same then the Spirit of God! I believe that the Spirit of God combines us all to God, to make us one with the Father. How else are we to understand the things of God? Now and then.
    We are not puppets.
    Peace and Love Irene

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2008,20:19)
    Hi Nick,
    1. My honest question to you, if Jesus was not given his own spirit back at his resurrection how can he have his identity as a person other than God?

2.  Do you think we all will not receive our spirits back from God at our resurrection but only receive the Spirit of God or Jesus?
    thanks for your concern.
    Adam

Hi Nick,
    You have not answered this post of mine properly. Say in simple words. Verses can be infered differently by different reader.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM and Irene,
    The spirit of man is just the spark of life from the breath of God.
    God knows us inwardly by the spirit loaned to us.

Proverbs 20:27
    The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

The human spirit also gives us insight and forbearance.

1 Corinthians 2:11
    For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Proverbs 18:14
    The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?

God gives His sons of His Spirit.

Proverbs 1:23
    Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Isaiah 44:3
    For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

But the sons of God become one with the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 6:17
    But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

It is recorded that a person can be given back their own spirit.

Luke 8:55
    And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat.

But I do not think that is the case with those made one with the Spirit of the Lord.

gollamudi
    Participant

I want straight answers not the round abouts. You are assuming many things when you told that we will not be given our own spirits at our resurrection as Jesus was not given his own spirit at his resurrection. Is it what you believe?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Can you show us where we are given them?
    Or are you presuming so?

gollamudi
    Participant

Can you show where is it written on your assumption?

Irene
    Participant

Nick You have not answered here. Why? Is it because you can't give the prove of what you are saying is true? On the other hand we know that there is a Spirit in man. Is it not the mind. Does God not preserve that Spirit and when we are resurrected we will have the same Spirit and will remember all. And if we should be so lucky to be Spirit only it is a glorified Spirit like Jesus. It simply does not make sense any other way. IMO
    Peace and LOve Irene

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen Irene, that's the nice point you made.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    So you have no proof?
    Neither have I.

Soul+ spirit=spirit being.

Scripture even says God has a soul.[Ps11]

Jesus was made alive in the Spirit in 1 Peter3 after his own spirit had left him.
    We follow him.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Jesus was a human like us when he was born on this earth and his spirit left him when he died. The same thing will happen to us when we die. You say that Jesus rose again with the Spirit of God, unless a person have his own spirit how can he be an independent person? If Jesus is sharing God's Spirit and not having his own spirit how can Jesus is a separate person from God?
    This is what I was question you. You seems get offended by my words.
    Please answer them.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Our spirit gines us life. The shared Spirit of God gives so much more

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks Nick for sharing information, do you mean we will have both spirits as we have now?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    I know we will be raised by the Spirit of God.
    Scripture does not state we will have our own spirit returned.

gollamudi
    Participant

You mean God will be all in all?
    What is the meaning of this verse in 1 Thess 4?

14 “For if we believe that Jesus died and rose, so too will God, through Jesus, bring with him those who have fallen asleep”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The souls of those who die in Christ are not bound for Hades as Jesus has that Key.
    They are even said rather to be asleep, alive like Abraham and David.
    They are alive with Christ in the heavenly mansions
    One with him in God's Spirit.

gollamudi
    Participant

Sorry to question here, whether the souls of mortals live after birth?
    But in many places in the Bible it is mentioned that the mortals don't have conscience or aware of things happenning after death. How to believe this idea of immortal souls?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,181 through 2,200 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account