Proclaimer on the Hot-Seat     …exposing his

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 05 2014,21:20)
    Hi T8,

Your information is all garbled.

It seems clear and straightforward to me, Ed.

1. DO you believe the KJV is “perfect”, or “inspired by God to be THE English translation” or whatever?

2. DO you believe that Jesus called Judas “a devil”?

If the answer to #1 is “YES”, then the answer to #2 can't possibly be “NO” – or else your two beliefs are at odds with each other.

And it seems like that is exactly what has happened. You have answered “YES” to #1, and “NO” to #2.

Is that correct?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 07 2014,11:14)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 05 2014,21:20)
    Hi T8,

Your information is all garbled.

It seems clear and straightforward to me, Ed.

1.  DO you believe the KJV is “perfect”, or “inspired by God to be THE English translation” or whatever?

2.  DO you believe that Jesus called Judas “a devil”?

If the answer to #1 is “YES”, then the answer to #2 can't possibly be “NO” – or else your two beliefs are at odds with each other.

And it seems like that is exactly what has happened.  You have answered “YES” to #1, and “NO” to #2.

Is that correct?

Hi Mike,

T8 said he would remove the tile only if my answer corresponded to his preset list of acceptable answers – THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    My question to T8 is: “will you remove the unwarranted tile if I answer Mikes investigative questioning?”   Well T8, do we have a deal?

T8's question is designed to be a weapon formed (see Isaiah 54:17) to be used against me. But since I refuse the weapon he is trying to form,
    he has resorted to try to beat me into submission with the tile stick.
    That's what this thread's about, in case you have forgotten.

T8 has decided to practice leveling useless unwarranted accusations based on his “folly” (ref. Proverbs 18:13).
    This is evidenced by his garbled understanding of what he thinks I believe, rather than accepting information.       …after all “the terms” MUST be defined.

You(mikeboll64), at least, appear to be interested in why I believe as I do, rather than
    trying to prove me wrong without actually knowing what I believe (as T8 has clearly done).
    Conforming my answers to “Yes” – “No” – “I don't know” presented questions IS ACCEPTABLE.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Proclaimer
    Participant

I am not trying to trick anyone with the finer details Ed J. I am a reasonable man. As Mike said, you just need to clear that contradiction up.

Admit you were or are wrong, or show us that you never believed the AKJV to be perfect, or that you never said that “One of you is a devil” is actually not correct and you never believed otherwise.

Look forward to you clearing that up. Once cleared, the tile will disappear.

The reason I am being staunch here is because I believe that a disciple of Christ should be humble and be open to learning and be open to admit when they are wrong. I do not believe that a disciple should put his own reputation ahead of truth or be proud and think that he is infallible or mighty in his own eyes. I cannot stand this kind of pretense. I respect the truth, you should know that by now. Further, such people shame the gospel of Christ, thus I am never in the mood to overlook such things.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 06 2014,15:25)
    garble: 1. reproduce (a message, sound, or transmission) in a confused and distorted way.

Yes please, no garble. Just clarity.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 07 2014,21:48)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 07 2014,16:15)

My question to T8 is: “will you remove the unwarranted tile if I answer Mikes investigative questioning?”   Well T8, do we have a deal?

I am not trying to trick anyone with the finer details Ed J. I am a reasonable man. As Mike said, you just need to clear that contradiction up.

Admit you were or are wrong, or show us that you never believed the AKJV to be perfect, or that you never said that “One of you is a devil” is actually not correct and you never believed otherwise.

Look forward to you clearing that up. Once cleared, the tile will disappear.

The reason I am being staunch here is because I believe that a disciple of Christ should be humble and be open to learning and be open to admit when they are wrong. I do not believe that a disciple should put his own reputation ahead of truth or be proud and think that he is infallible or mighty in his own eyes. I cannot stand this kind of pretense. I respect the truth, you should know that by now. Further, such people shame the gospel of Christ, thus I am never in the mood to overlook such things.

Hi T8,

So is your answer is “Yes” then,
    we do have a deal that if I answer Mike's
    questions in lieu of yours – you will remove the tile?

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

I can't be bothered reading the detail of your answer Ed J, I am not sure if the devil is in the detail and can't be bothered to get a lawyer to look it over. :D

It is simple, if you give me a truthful answer as to this apparent contradiction, then yes I will remove the tile.

An acceptable answer would be admitting you were wrong, or explaining how the AKJV can be perfect and yet contain error. I can't even wish you good luck with that.

Just give me a truthful answer to wrap it up. I am a reasonable man. I will remove the tile if you are honest and clear it up.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 10 2014,14:55)
    I can't be bothered reading the detail of your answer Ed J, I am not sure if the devil is in the detail and can't be bothered to get a lawyer to look it over. :D

It is simple, if you give me a truthful answer as to this apparent contradiction, then yes I will remove the tile.

An acceptable answer would be admitting you were wrong, or explaining how the AKJV can be perfect and yet contain error. I can't even wish you good luck with that.

Just give me a truthful answer to wrap it up. I am a reasonable man. I will remove the tile if you are honest and clear it up.

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 26 2013,09:18)

Your (Ed J's) quote is below:

No it you who doesn't understand, In John 6:70 Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil'
    nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

(1) Edited James Version (EDJV interpretation):
    Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil' nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

(2) Authorised King James Version (AKJV):
    Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Obviously both your interpretation and the AKJV cannot be correct.
    My question: Which is correct?

1) Your interpretation of John 6:70;
    2) The AKJV translation of this verse.

Hi T8,

I’m not a lawyer, but thanks for the compliment!
    And since you say you are a reasonable man, I will
    give you the opportunity to prove that you indeed are.
    I will attempt to clear up your perceived contradiction for you.

Regarding #1.
    A. Neither the Greek, nor the Hebrew has “indefinite articles”
        So Jesus could not have said ‘one of you is A devil’
    B. And likewise none of the 12 Greek definite articles were used,
        So Jesus equally could not have said ‘one of you is THE devil’
    C. Therefore:  “Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil' nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'”
        is a true statement, even though you may yet consider it wrong.

Regarding #2.
    A. Should the indefinite article a have been italicized, YOU bet!
    B. Would I say the editors were ‘wrong’ for NOT italicizing it?
        Wrong is not the word I would use, neglectful perhaps.
        Can you really call someone wrong for overlooking something?

Thank you in advance for removing the tile
    since I have now cleared this up for you!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

edj

how do you know it WAS THE EDITORS ???

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

You are forgetting that T8 wants me to blame somebody.

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 21 2014,07:00)
    Hi T8,

I’m not a lawyer, but thanks for the compliment!
    And since you say you are a reasonable man, I will
    give you the opportunity to prove that you indeed are.
    I will attempt to clear up your perceived contradiction for you.

Regarding #1.
    A. Neither the Greek, nor the Hebrew has “indefinite articles”
    So Jesus could not have said ‘one of you is A devil’
    B. And likewise none of the 12 Greek definite articles were used,
    So Jesus equally could not have said ‘one of you is THE devil’
    C. Therefore: “Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil' nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'”
    is a true statement, even though you may yet consider it wrong.

Regarding #2.
    A. Should the indefinite article “a” have been italicized, YOU bet!

Thank you in advance for removing the tile
    since I have now cleared this up for you!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Finally we have some progress. And BTW, I agree with the article argument you make. Perhaps you gleaned this from the Trinity writings on this site as it says something very similar.

Regardless, you say it is not there but is added in the AKJV and other versions. So if it is not there, and a version puts it there, and you disagree in using an article, then by all rights, you have to disagree with all translations that use it, including the so-called perfect translation, the AKJV.

So the point stands, the AKJV is not perfect and even you disagree with at least one verse in that translation. Even if it fails in one aspect, then it cannot be perfect right?

PS: Tile will be removed when the whole thing is sorted. You have sorted out the article issue by saying it is wrong. So that means the AKJV is wrong for using it according to you. Please clarify, and then it is complete.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 23 2014,21:02)

Finally we have some progress. And BTW, I agree with the article argument you make.
    Perhaps you gleaned this from the Trinity writings on this site as it says something very similar.

Hi T8,

Glad I was able “to clear the contradiction” you were seeing.
    Nice of you to take credit for my understanding, but I have had my
    understanding before my coming to this site and conversing with you.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 21 2014,07:00)

A. Should the indefinite article “a” have been italicized, YOU bet!

PS: Tile will be removed when the whole thing is sorted. You have sorted out the article issue by saying it is wrong. So that means the AKJV is wrong for using it according to you. Please clarify, and then it is complete.

Hi T8,

What other English versions do is irrelevant to our current conversation.
    The “AKJV Bible” is noted for italicizing words that are added to the text.
    Since “a” is NOT part of the original text IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ITALICIZED      …end of story.

Speculation as to say someone is 'wrong' and then who to place blame on is the kind of unsavory conversation
    that I choose not to participate in. You and others can discuss matters of conjecture without me, OK?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

So the point stands, the AKJV is not perfect and even you disagree with at least one verse in that translation. Even if it fails in one aspect, then it cannot be perfect right?

Hi T8,

Whether the AKJV Bible is a perfect translation or not is irrelevant
    to me clearing up the contradiction that you were seeing,
    that you asked me to clear up for you to remove the tile.

Need I remind you that your alternate of choice question was based on YOU saying that Jesus was calling Judas 'A DEVIL',
    which I have proven isn't the case. So to try to use that as evidence to springboard that into saying
    that Jesus is 'a god' is SHOT RIGHT OUT OF THE WATER (see also Isaiah 44:8).

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 12 2014,12:03)

I am only interested in a good answer. It doesn't have to stick to exact rulings.
    It just needs to be a fair answer that clears up misconceptions.
    I would appreciate you answer in the best way you can.

Do not try to hide things. Be open, even if it proves you are wrong. The idea is to not win at all costs. Let the truth win Ed J.

Hi T8,

Yes, T8 thanks! Glad I was able  to clear up that contradiction  you were seeing.  
    And thanks again in advance for you finally removing the tile you gave me
    based on your lack of understanding the continuity of my overall view.

Yes, the truth has now won, now please be
    a man of your word and remove the tile.

We can discuss my view about the “AKJV Bible” on the appropriate thread…  (Link)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 10 2014,14:55)

Done

david
    Participant

If these tiles are transferable, and Ed wants his gone, I will accept it. I don't care if I have a tile.

Ed J
    Participant

Ha ha ha, thanks David!

Glad that you too want me around!

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

It was based on your assertion that the kjv was the only true version of the scripture, and we have prove that it is not ,so all what remains to do from your side is to recognize it ,I think

Ed J
    Participant

Yes, the brotherhood of Christ extends
    beyond the bounds of the JW organization.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 24 2014,06:36)
    Edj

It was based on your assertion that the kjv was the only true version of the scripture,
    and we have prove that it is not ,so all what remains to do from your side is to recognize it ,I think

Hi Pierre,

As I said: we can discuss my view about the “AKJV Bible” on the appropriate thread…  (Link)

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account