Proclaimer on the Hot-Seat     …exposing his

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 24 2014,06:35)
    Ha ha ha, thanks David!

Glad that you too want me around!

It's more so that I don't care about tiles. And they seem to bother you. If I get one tile every ten years it will take 50 years for me to be kicked off this thing.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 24 2014,06:42)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 24 2014,06:36)
    Edj

It was based on your assertion that the kjv was the only true version of the scripture,
    and we have prove that it is not ,so all what remains to do from your side is to recognize it ,I think

Hi Pierre,

As I said: we can discuss my view about the “AKJV Bible” on the appropriate thread…  (Link)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Hi Pierre,

Certainly you are not suggesting that I must first agree to T8's view of
    the “AKJV Bible” to have the tile removed; is that what you are suggesting?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 24 2014,01:42)

Edj

It was based on your assertion that the kjv was the only true version of the scripture,
    and we have prove that it is not ,so all what remains to do from your side is to recognize it ,I think

Hi Pierre,

As I said: we can discuss my view about the “AKJV Bible” on the appropriate thread…  (Link)

God bless

edj

what was the reason for you being transfer to the hot seat ???

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 24 2014,07:49)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 24 2014,06:35)
    Ha ha ha, thanks David!

Glad that you too want me around!

It's more so that I don't care about tiles.  And they seem to bother you. If I get one tile every ten years it will take 50 years for me to be kicked off this thing.

david, tiles can be purchased for $50.00 each and they are not transferable. Let me know and I can send you a link to purchase one.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 24 2014,08:03)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 24 2014,06:42)

Edj

Hi Pierre,

God bless

Hi Pierre,

Certainly you are not suggesting that I must first agree to T8's view of
    the “AKJV Bible” to have the tile removed; is that what you are suggesting?

Correct Pierre.

He needs to address the fact that the AKJV is an imperfect translation like all the others. If he cannot admit it, (even though he admits that there shouldn't be an indefinite article), then the inquiry is still outstanding.

If the AKJV as an indefinite article in a verse that you say shouldn't have one, then if you are right, the AKJV is imperfect. Further, if the indefinite article is not italised, then that too shows a mistake according to that Bible's own practice, thus proving that it is not perfect.

Please address this Ed J, and you will see that I am not asking anything extra to what the original question was.

If the AKJV is perfect, then how come it has mistakes? Please explain this to remove the contradiction, or admit that this translation is imperfect.

Nice try however, but I won't let you weasel out of this. Front up or suffer the wrath of the great tile.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 21 2014,06:00)

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 26 2013,09:18)

Your (Ed J's) quote is below:

No it you who doesn't understand, In John 6:70 Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil'
    nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

(1) Edited James Version (EDJV interpretation):
    Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil' nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

(2) Authorised King James Version (AKJV):
    Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Obviously both your interpretation and the AKJV cannot be correct.
    My question: Which is correct?

1) Your interpretation of John 6:70;
    2) The AKJV translation of this verse.

Hi T8,

I have illustrated to you that my view is correct.

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 23 2014,21:02)
    I agree with the article argument you make.

And this is your response agreeing with me.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 10 2014,14:55)

Just give me a truthful answer to wrap it up. I am a reasonable man. I will remove the tile if you are honest and clear it up.

Hi T8,

Now please be a man of your word and remove the tile.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 24 2014,06:17)
    Hi T8,

Need I remind you that your alternate of choice question was based on
    YOU saying that Jesus was calling Judas 'A DEVIL'
    which I have proven isn't the case.

So to try to use that as evidence to springboard that into saying
    that Jesus is 'a god' is SHOT RIGHT OUT OF THE WATER (see also Isaiah 44:8).

God bless

Don't be sore that the truth has now won out T8.

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 12 2014,12:03)

The idea is to not win at all costs. Let the truth win Ed J.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

If the KJV has “a devil”, but you know in your heart that Jesus never said “a devil”, then is that translation by the KJV correct?  Or flawed?

Which one?

Also, think of the numerology implications this will cause.  I don't know what the numerological value of “a” is, but if the KJV adds that indefinite article about 7000 times (a typical number for English translations), the numbers will surely be skewed.

I'm trying to remember if you ever used the indefinite article in one of your equations, like: a devil = 94, Satan = 94……….. or whatever.

If you eliminate that “a” – because it's not actually scripture, then your numbers will become messed up.

But if you retain the “a” – because the KJV is “PERFECT” just how it is, and the sole reason your numbers work, then you'll have a hard time telling us that Jesus DIDN'T called Judas “a devil”.

Seems you have some decisions to make before this is all over.

That being said, I hope you clear this up soon so you can return to causing me to bang my head against a wall due to some of the things you post here.  :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for making it clearer Mike. Ed J, we are not here to lord our authority as mods. I am simply wanting people to be transparent, honest, and forthcoming with answers they claim to have. As a mod, I want this forum to have quality answers and am not interested in people who preach doctrines, but cannot give an answer as to what it is they believe when you ask them.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 26 2014,12:47)
    That being said, I hope you clear this up soon so you can return to causing me to bang my head against a wall due to some of the things you post here.

I feel like I am doing that in this conversation. I hope your not jealous Mike.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,  Do you mean:

1. You hope the tile gets cleared soon as well?
                            – or –
    2. I'm causing you to bang your head against a wall due to some of the things I'm posting here?

Ha ha ha ha ha, which is it?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 27 2014,14:19)
    Hi T8,  Do you mean:

1. You hope the tile gets cleared soon as well?
                            – or –
    2. I'm causing you to bang your head against a wall due to some of the things I'm posting here?

Ha ha ha ha ha, which is it?

edj

do you really think your tile bothers T8 ???

i don't think so :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Eddy,

You've already come close to saying what you need to say.  You told us that the KJV scholars SHOULD HAVE italicized the “a” when they wrote “one of you is a devil”.

Well, if they SHOULD HAVE done that, but didn't, doesn't that display a FLAW in the KJV?

And if the KJV has even ONE flaw, then it is not “perfect”, right?

And all t8 wants is to see you SAY what you've already hinted at.

Here, I'll write the statement, and you just sign your name to it, okay?  :)

“I, Ed J,  believe the KJV has translated John 6:70 poorly, because the phrase “a devil” is not what Jesus said, nor what he meant.  I have therefore come to terms with the FACT that the KJV translation of the Holy Scriptures is NOT perfect after all.”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 26 2014,01:48)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 26 2014,12:47)
    That being said, I hope you clear this up soon so you can return to causing me to bang my head against a wall due to some of the things you post here.

I feel like I am doing that in this conversation. I hope your not jealous Mike.

Yeah, I guess we could call Eddy a “head-banger”, and not be referring to his taste in music. :)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 26 2014,08:36)

I am not asking anything extra to what the original question was.

Hi T8,

YOU MOST CERTAINLY ARE, I have re-posted your original question (see next post)
    to show YOU what you have asked, and how that I have FULLY explained
    why my statement was true, and I further explained to you why you
    were finding the wording in the “AKJV Bible” to be confusing.

now please be a man  of your word  and remove the tile.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Here is a re-post of your original question you posed to me in “The Hot Seat “…

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 26 2013,09:18)

Your (Ed J's) quote is below:

No it you who doesn't understand, In John 6:70 Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil'
    nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

(1) Edited James Version (EDJV interpretation):
    Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil' nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

(2) Authorised King James Version (AKJV):
    Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Obviously both your interpretation and the AKJV cannot be correct.

My question: Which is correct?

1) Your interpretation of John 6:70;
    2) The AKJV translation of this verse.

I have FULLY explained to you “why” my statement (labeled #1) was indeed correct (see inner quote box). Next is a quote form you
    where you have promised that you would remove the tile when I have given you a good answer (which I have already done).

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 12 2014,12:03)

I am only interested in a good answer. It doesn't have to stick to exact rulings.
    It just needs to be a fair answer that clears up misconceptions.
    I would appreciate you answer in the best way you can.

Since I have cleared up the misconception,
    please be a man  of your word  and remove the tile.

I draw attention to YOUR quote:

An honest but mistaken man, once shown the truth, either ceases to be mistaken or ceases to be honest.

Your brother
    in Christ,
    Ed J

david
    Participant

Mike. Pssst. Over here. Ok. Me whispering. Just remove his tile. Don't tell t8. We will keep it on the down low. T8 seems to have not posted for a couple weeks. He won't notice. I find this tile discussion boring. And slightly sad. There are much more interesting things floating around in eds mind than tiles. We must let those things out. Ok. This conversation never happened. Wink wink. nudge nudge.

Ed J
    Participant

Love ya brother!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 07 2014,21:48)
    you just need to clear that contradiction up.

Look forward to you clearing that up. Once cleared, the tile will disappear.

Waiting

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account