Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,621 through 1,640 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The Son of Man is appointed the judge of men.

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 23 2008,12:55)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 23 2008,14:43)

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 23 2008,12:19)
    WJ

Job 1:11  But put forth thine hand (3027) now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
    Job 1:12  And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power;(3027) only upon himself put not forth,  thine hand.(3027) So Satan went forth from,  the presence of the LORD.

Satan said to God put forth his hand, and then God said it was in Satans hand – it seems that God uses others to accomplish his will.

Hi MK

Again, God may allow satan to test or tempt his own, yet God himself tempts no man.

It was in satan's power to afflict Job with boils and disease yet he could not touch his life.

God does not afflict the righteous and he will not allow us to be tempted above what we are able to bear….

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: James 1:13

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under It. 1 Cor 10:13

Satan is also referred to as the “tempter”…

And when the “tempter” came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. Matt 4:3

For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the “tempter” have tempted you, and our labour be in vain. 1 Thess 3:5

Surely God is sovereign and can do as he pleases by judging is own, however satan in Job's case had the “power in his hand” and afflicted Job as God allowed but was not able to take his life.

WJ

So God is in control of how much and who Satan can tempt?

I agree with that, God has said that he is doing all according to his will – he is sovereign.

Hi MK

There will be a time when satan is bound and no longer able to tempt man. Until then he is out to kill, steal and destroy, and just as God uses human vessels to accomplish his will so does satan use human vessels to accomplish his. That is the “kingdom of darkness” (col 1:13) which Jesus said is not divided against itself.

God is in control, but do you believe that he is responsible for evil which is against him? ???

WJ

Participant

WJ

Job 1:11  But put forth thine hand (3027) now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
    Job 1:12  And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power;(3027) only upon himself put not forth,  thine hand.(3027) So Satan went forth from,  the presence of the LORD.

Satan said to God put forth his hand, and then God said it was in Satans hand – it seems that God uses others to accomplish his will.

Hi MK:

We, as born again Christians, could not become like Jesus if there wasn't somewhere where we could put God's Word into practice. This world is the refining fire.

For example, the Word of God states “love thine enemies, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you”. Or one could not develop patience if one did not have to wait for something. Or one could not learn to trust God in spite of negative circumstances.

And so, God does allow the evil of this world to accomplish His purpose which the salvation of His children from the destruction caused by sin.

Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,17:43)
    Hi Jodi,
    Angels do right??

Rev12
    7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Mt25
    40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Nick don't forget that the proper translation of angel is messenger, and you must read the context to figure out if the messengers are humans or angels.

The dragon represents kings/kingdoms and therefore it is obvious to me that the messengers in Revelation 12 are humans.

Participant

Hi:

I agree with Jodi on the following statement:

The dragon represents kings/kingdoms and therefore it is obvious to me that the messengers in Revelation 12 are humans.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Sure.
    The challenge of Satan to God was that Job would curse God if not continually blessed.

The accuser of the brethren is still allowed to sift the sons of God like wheat that they may become stronger, just as he was given permission to with Peter.

In the OT
    Zech3
    1And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

3Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

5And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.

All things work together for good for those that love God and live according to His purposes.

meerkat
    Participant

WJ and 94

You say God has children and Satan has children, Satan has blinded his children so that they can not see the light, Jesus says he came to release those that are bound and he says that he has overcome death and him that has control over death ie Satan, but Jesus will not actually save all because only some are Gods children and Satan will keep some that Jesus paid for with his life – Jesus died for all.

See that makes not sense to me because I am not saved by my choice – it is the free gift that God has given me, while I was still a sinner he loved me, the mercy that I receive is extended to all sinners – I trust God implicitly when he says that he is the saviour of all men, especially of believers (not only)

I do believe that believers are saved from wrath, however Gods wrath is not forever, his mercy lasts forever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    We see the expiation of God's wrath in the book of Revelation.
    Some survive by mercy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    These words still stand against the fantasies of men.
    Jn3
    14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2008,13:08)
    Hi 94,
    Sure.
    The challenge of Satan to God was that Job would curse God if not continually blessed.

The accuser of the brethren is still allowed to sift the sons of God like wheat that they may become stronger, just as he was given permission to with Peter.

In the OT
    Zech3
    1And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

4And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

5And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.

All things work together for good for those that love God and live according to His purposes.

Hi Nick:

And what did the Lord tell the Apostle Peter:

Luk 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired [to have] you, that he may sift [you] as wheat:
    Luk 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

And the Apostle Peter stated:

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

We, as born again Christians, know that the serpent is in the garden, and we should not be ignorant of his devices. God has given us His Word to deliver us from the evil one.

God Bless

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 22 2008,18:39)

Hi 94,
    Sure.

In the OT
    Zech3

Hi Nick:

Luk 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired [to have] you, that he may sift [you] as wheat:
    Luk 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

We, as born again Christians, know that the serpent is in the garden, and we should not be ignorant of his devices. God has given us His Word to deliver us from the evil one.

God Bless

And why do your suppose that the devil is referred to as a ROARING LION, because the devil is our carnal nature, just like the lion is a creature of basic instincts that serves his flesh.

Once again you folks choose to disregard the simplicity of scripture and give head to men's traditions and folklore.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Yes.
    Satan set up the circumstances whereby Peter would have to face the fear of being captured and killed.
    He gave in to fear and denied his Master.

We are urged to pray against being subjected to such hard testing.

Mt6
    13'And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 23 2008,15:03)

WJ

Job 1:11 But put forth thine hand (3027) now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
    Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power;(3027) only upon himself put not forth, thine hand.(3027) So Satan went forth from, the presence of the LORD.

Hi MK:

We, as born again Christians, could not become like Jesus if there wasn't somewhere where we could put God's Word into practice. This world is the refining fire.

For example, the Word of God states “love thine enemies, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you”. Or one could not develop patience if one did not have to wait for something. Or one could not learn to trust God in spite of negative circumstances.

And so, God does allow the evil of this world to accomplish His purpose which the salvation of His children from the destruction caused by sin.

Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Is that Luke 6:27-36 Luk 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Luk 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Luk 6:29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the [one] cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not [to take thy] coat also.

Luk 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask [them] not again.

Luk 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Luk 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

Luk 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

Luk 6:34 And if ye lend [to them] of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil.

Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

It seems we are to be merciful because God is merciful and that God is kind to the unthankful and evil

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    In the judgement it seems the mercy of God is circumscribed.

“..for I was hungry and you gave me to eat..”

Blessed are the merciful..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    1Peter 5
    7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Lions do walk about
    but human natures??

Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 23 2008,13:44)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 22 2008,18:39)

Hi 94,
    Sure.

In the OT
    Zech3

Hi Nick:

We, as born again Christians, know that the serpent is in the garden, and we should not be ignorant of his devices.  God has given us His Word to deliver us from the evil one.

God Bless

And why do your suppose that the devil is referred to as a ROARING LION, because the devil is our carnal nature, just like the lion is a creature of basic instincts that serves his flesh.

Once again you folks choose to disregard the simplicity of scripture and give head to men's traditions and folklore.

Hi Jodi:

The devil is a spirit. The following scripture identifies who he is:

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

That spirit, disobedience to God or sin, entered into the world through Adam and Eve, and we, all of humanity have been in this state and are in this state unless we have been reconciled to God through the Lord Jesus.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 22 2008,17:52)

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 23 2008,12:38)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 22 2008,16:22)
    Hi Jodi

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 23 2008,10:52)
    Fallen angels is a myth, the bible does not even contain those two words together 'fallen angel'. The adversary in Job was not an adversary to God, he was in God's presence, where only the righteous can be.

The myth is that you believe God cannot be everywhere at the same time, therefore sinners are in his presence, for he is everywhere.

Can a sinner talk to God and experience God's presence?

I say yes. But apparantly you do not believe God is that big.

WJ

Hi WJ,

The sons of God and the adversary went to present themselves to the Lord, I will admit that to 'present yourself before the Lord' does not have to specifically mean that they were in the direct presence of God in heaven. But what I do want to stress is the fact that the popular non biblical story suggest that an immortal angel sinned in heaven and lost his place. I argue that immortality is not something that is lost but is received upon being made righteous. Those in God's presence who dwell in heaven do not loose their place, if that were so what then do we make of our kingdom to come? Will it not be good enough for us? Could people living in the heaven that is to come on earth, turn from their righteousness?

Once again, did not Job believe his afflictions came from God? Does not God give His powers and authority to His angels and TRUST that they will do right by Him. Did the adversary in Job fail God, or did he do as God said?

WJ, you said, “Can a sinner talk to God and experience God's presence?

I say yes. But apparantly you do not believe God is that big.”

Let's make a comparison as to how it feels when a person prays to God and feels a certain comfort coming over them through experiencing a spiritual presence of Him in their lives, very wonderful indeed, however I do not believe that this can even begin to compare to when we feel God's presence when Jesus establishes His kingdom on earth. Lets take it even a step further shall we, when Jesus gives the kingdom over to God and He comes down to actually dwell with us in His presence, that will indeed be glorious and awesome.

You seemed to have ignored these scriptures,

Ps 118:20 –This is the gate to Jehovah, The righteous enter into it.

Ps 140:13 -Only — the righteous give thanks to Thy name, The upright do dwell with Thy presence!

Ps 89:14 – Righteousness and judgment [Are] the fixed place of Thy throne, Kindness and truth go before Thy face.

Isa 63:15 Look attentively from the heavens, And see from Thy holy and beauteous habitation, Where [is] Thy zeal and Thy might? The multitude of Thy bowels and Thy mercies Towards me have refrained themselves.

Your point was really besides mine, it was nothing but a cheap untrue jab at me and my understanding. Real nice!

Hi Jodi

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 23 2008,12:38)
    Your point was really besides mine, it was nothing but a cheap untrue jab at me and my understanding. Real nice!

Not at all. The point is that God can be approached by a sinner and in Job's case satan the adversary did just that.

You continue insisting that no evil can come in God's presence and post a couple of scriptures speaking of the saints “dwelling in his presence” yet you are denying that Jesus said he saw satan fall from heaven and other scriptures that their was war in heaven. Is it possible that you have not realized there is more than one heavenly realm?

Of course you would not see it that way because it may disolve your theory that God cannot have a sinner or fallen being in his presence.

Tell me Jodi, at the great white throne judgment will the sinners stand before him or not?

I can't wait to hear how you explain this one away.

WJ

WJ,

You need to understand that 'heaven' is sometimes used as a symbolic term representing a High position.

Revelation is speaking in symbols, the dragon represents kings/kingdoms and these kings/kingdoms and their messengers will fall from their position. Their position and their pride will fall.

Men who follow the ways of the flesh and not the ways of God, must be brought down.

Isa 2:11 The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day.

Isa 2:17 The arrogance of man will be brought low and the pride of men humbled; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day,

Jer 49:16 The terror you inspire and the pride of your heart have deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks, who occupy the heights of the hill. Though you build your nest as high as the eagle's, from there I will bring you down,” declares the Lord.

Ob 1:3 The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself, 'Who can bring me down to the ground?'

Job 20:4 “Surely you know how it has been from of old, ever since man was placed on the earth, 5 that the mirth of the wicked is brief, the joy of the godless lasts but a moment. 6 Though his pride reaches to the heavens and his head touches the clouds, 7 he will perish forever, like his own dung; those who have seen him will say, 'Where is he?'

Isaiah 14:13 For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north;

14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.'

14:15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.

14:16 “Those who see you will gaze at you, And consider you, saying: 'Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms,

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 23 2008,15:39)

Hi 94,
    Sure.

In the OT
    Zech3

Hi Nick:

God Bless

Fortunately Jesus said that he would leave the 99 righteous believers who have made the right decision and will go and search for the poor sinner who does need saving, who is blinded by Satan, and will search until he finds him ………. God is the greatest

Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 23 2008,13:45)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 23 2008,15:03)

WJ

Hi MK:

We, as born again Christians, could not become like Jesus if there wasn't somewhere where we could put God's Word into practice.  This world is the refining fire.

For example, the Word of God states “love thine enemies, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you”. Or one could not develop patience if one did not have to wait for something.  Or one could not learn to trust God in spite of negative circumstances.

Is that Luke 6:27-36   Luk 6:27  But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Luk 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Luk 6:29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the [one] cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not [to take thy] coat also.

Luk 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask [them] not again.

Luk 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Luk 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

Luk 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

Luk 6:34 And if ye lend [to them] of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil.

Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

It seems we are to be merciful because God is merciful and that God is kind to the unthankful and evil

Hi MK:

Yes, this is a true statement. All of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and since we all have forgiven much, we also should be willing to forgive those who have sinned against us. We should not want anyone to be destroyed regardless of what they may have done to us. Jesus has paid the judgment that was against all of humanity, and so rather than vengeance, we should be praying for all to come to repentance.

“He who has litte to forgive, cannot love much”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Was Jesus, the good shepherd, searching for his sheep
    or those goats?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,621 through 1,640 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account