Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,521 through 1,540 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 19 2008,08:09)
    Gene

A lot hes been said since I read your post, and readied to post back.
    Satan's angels fought, and Michal's angels fought. Angels are created spirit beings, I can't believe you have a problem understanding that.
    When Jesus said, my words are spirit, he also said, the body prophets nothing; in other words, his words are food for the mind, the spirit. He also said, I'm the bread of life, he told the woman by the well, I'm the living water. How are you going to define water and bread?
    That's all I need to say, Wj has filled in nicely.

Georg

Georg,

When he says my words are spirit – is that also that we are to look beyond the physical word and understand the spiritual message?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 19 2008,06:26)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 19 2008,04:00)

Goerg…….. I am not sure i am following you are we talking about the word Angles?…>Angles are (ministering) Spirits as scripture say, the question is what is a Spirit, as i have ask here several times, The only place i can find that defines Spirit is when Jesus said ” the (WORDS) i am telling you (ARE) SPIRIT. So what is SPIRIT (WORDS) these are not beings, when we are told to try the (Spirits) we are being told to try the words . Now what is a (WORD) is it not the expression of our intellect or what we think. So we are ministered to by Words and these are ministering Spirits, GOD word is a ministering SPIRIT. God and his word are the same, God is a Spirit and ministers to us through His words. God's word is the mind of GOD and if we have his words abiding in us we have the mind of the anointing (Christ) .  Also remember it says ” in the beginning was (the word) and the word was with God and the WORD (was) GOD. Also Jesus said GOD was Spirit and they who worship HIM must worship in SPIRIT and TRUTH, He could have Just as easily said God is the WORD and those who worship Him must worship in WORDS of TRUTH> Until i see a better explanation of the Word Spirit, this is the way i see it.

love to you and yours Georg…………gene

Hi GB

'BUT TO WHICH OF THE ANGELS SAID HE AT ANY TIME, SIT ON MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE THINE ENEMIES THY FOOTSTOOL?” Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?  Heb 1:13, 14

You say…

Angles are (ministering) Spirits as scripture say, the question is what is a Spirit, as i have ask here several times,

Then you say…

So what is SPIRIT (WORDS) these are not beings, when we are told to try the (Spirits) we are being told to try the words . Now what is a (WORD) is it not the expression of our intellect or what we think. So we are ministered to by Words and these are ministering Spirits, GOD word is a ministering SPIRIT.

You say these Angels are “words”, so according to Heb 1:13 God spoke to “words” which you say are ministering spirits.

Yet you have the nerve to say to NH…

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 18 2008,15:05)

Nick if you don't know good and evil are opposites , that would make you dumber then a bag of Hammers.  “O” thats right LOGIC you don't except. So unless it is written you don't believe it .

Sound like stupid to me, I believe i would rather sound like yin yan  Brother

You would have to erase a whole lot of scripture that shows that spirits are sentient beings, to believe that spirits are simply intellects or words as you say.

Is God who is Spirit a “word” or “intellect”, or maybe he is a bunch of words or intellects which would mean that we have recieved many spirits of God.

If we have recieved “one Spirit” and words are spirits, then that would mean that we have recieved “one word”.

And you think that NH sounds stupid? ??? Your constant name calling and patronizing attitude against others (especially NH) who do not agree with you is troubling.

WJ

WJ…..You or Nick or Georg……….Have not answered the posted reason for what i said. I will restate it……Jesus SAID THE (WORDS) I AM TELLING YOU (ARE) SPIRIT. And yet you all say words are not spirit, spirits are beings. ARE you all saying Jesus is a lire and (WORD) are NOT SPIRIT then?

Lets answer this before we move on first. IS JESUS A LIER BY SAYING WORD (ARE) SPIRIT, AND WHILE YOUR AT IT PLEASE EXPLAIN WHERE JESUS SAID GOD WAS SPIRIT AND ALSO WHERE IT SAYS THE WORD (WAS) GOD. IS SCRIPTURE AND JESUS LYING OR HE REALLY DIDN'T MEAN WHAT HE SAID

Wj, i also noticed you minimized the size of the word saying , ARE THEY NOT (ALL) MINISTERING SPIRITS .

and WJ…if you will notice i said this is the way i see it , i am not pushing it off on anyone. And i gave my reasons for that belief if you chose to ignore it thats fine with me. I was simply asking the question as i have several times here (WHAT IS SPIRIT) IS IT A BEING OR INTELLECT EXPRESSED IN WORDS.

love and peace to you and yours WJ…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jn 6
    63″It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Which words?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….come on just answer the questions, Jesus said the WORDS (ARE) SPIRIT AND LIFE. Do you see any beings mentioned there, So if the WORDS ARE SPIRIT, THEN SPIRIT IS WORDS , are words beings or expressions of thoughts. We are told to try the (SPIRITS) so what are we trying then, some invisible being or (WORDS BEING SPOKEN)? Nick I am only asking a question not looking for any criticism.

love and peace brother………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Which words?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…..Hebrews does not say GOD spoke to any angles, but ask a question and then defined them saying, are they not ministering Spirits sent out to minister. How do these (BEINGS) minster then?, is it they some how appear some where and minister or are these thoughts God Puts into our minds That He sends out to us to minister to us . Look i am just asking questions here and trying to tie scripture to them. I am not saying i fully understand all this. If i am coming across that way i am sorry , thats why a ask it as a question. I do not profess to understand it all.

love and peace to you……………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….the (WORDS) Jesus Spoke YES OR NO WILL SUFFICE. The subject here is to define what SPIRIT (IS)>

peace…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So the words spoken by Jesus are Spirit and life.
    Yes we should feed daily on the bread of life.
    The living Spirit of Christ is born into us.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 19 2008,08:09)
    Gene

A lot hes been said since I read your post, and readied to post back.
    Satan's angels fought, and Michal's angels fought. Angels are created spirit beings, I can't believe you have a problem understanding that.
    When Jesus said, my words are spirit, he also said, the body prophets nothing; in other words, his words are food for the mind, the spirit. He also said, I'm the bread of life, he told the woman by the well, I'm the living water. How are you going to define water and bread?
    That's all I need to say, Wj has filled in nicely.

Georg

Georg……How are we different I agree that the spirit is of the mind and is expressed through words, in fact Jesus said the words He was speaking was Spirit. When we try the Spirits as we are told to what are we trying is it not the mind or thoughts expressed through (WORDS) that exactly what Jesus was saying also. ” The word was with GOD the WORD (WAS) GOD> My question here really didn't have to do so much with angles, but Spirit it self.

love and peace to you and yours Georg…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The spirit gives life.
    26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Not intellectual thoughts.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Life is thoughts and is intellect,…Lets say God removed all thought and intellect from you. do you really think you would be alive? You would be dead not alive. While a persons body can be keep alive for a time and often is without consciousness, Their aware of nothing and are not in a conscious state. So in effect they are dead.

As you said the Body without (Spirit) is DEAD why, because it can not be animated with intellect or thoughts (Spirit). Man did not become a living sole until Spirit was given Him as scripture said. That Spirit was intellect From God and when a man dies it returns to God who Gave it . ANY WORD IS THE EXPRESSION OF INTELLECT OR THOUGHT, AND IS AN EXPRESSION OF SPIRIT AS JESUS SAID.

Nick …..Spirit (IS) intellect expressed through (WORDS)> So me where Scripturally that is not correct.

love and peace…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Life is thought and intellect?

If you are unaware you would be dead?

I have been unaware for the last 8 hours and still seem to be OK.

My you do have a special thought pattern of your own.
    Better to stay within what is actually written.

We do not need to disprove your theories.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jesus taught about Satan, devils and unclean spirits.
    These are not intellects.

Mt12
    26And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

27And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

43When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 19 2008,17:05)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 19 2008,06:26)

Gene wrote:

Goerg…….. I am not sure i am following you are we talking about the word Angles?…>Angles are (ministering) Spirits as scripture say, the question is what is a Spirit, as i have ask here several times, The only place i can find that defines Spirit is when Jesus said ” the (WORDS) i am telling you (ARE) SPIRIT. So what is SPIRIT (WORDS) these are not beings, when we are told to try the (Spirits) we are being told to try the words . Now what is a (WORD) is it not the expression of our intellect or what we think. So we are ministered to by Words and these are ministering Spirits, GOD word is a ministering SPIRIT. God and his word are the same, God is a Spirit and ministers to us through His words. God's word is the mind of GOD and if we have his words abiding in us we have the mind of the anointing (Christ) .  Also remember it says ” in the beginning was (the word) and the word was with God and the WORD (was) GOD. Also Jesus said GOD was Spirit and they who worship HIM must worship in SPIRIT and TRUTH, He could have Just as easily said God is the WORD and those who worship Him must worship in WORDS of TRUTH> Until i see a better explanation of the Word Spirit, this is the way i see it.

love to you and yours Georg…………gene

Hi GB

'BUT TO WHICH OF THE ANGELS SAID HE AT ANY TIME, SIT ON MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE THINE ENEMIES THY FOOTSTOOL?” Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?  Heb 1:13, 14

You say…

Angles are (ministering) Spirits as scripture say, the question is what is a Spirit, as i have ask here several times,

Then you say…

So what is SPIRIT (WORDS) these are not beings, when we are told to try the (Spirits) we are being told to try the words . Now what is a (WORD) is it not the expression of our intellect or what we think. So we are ministered to by Words and these are ministering Spirits, GOD word is a ministering SPIRIT.

You say these Angels are “words”, so according to Heb 1:13 God spoke to “words” which you say are ministering spirits.

Yet you have the nerve to say to NH…

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 18 2008,15:05)

Nick if you don't know good and evil are opposites , that would make you dumber then a bag of Hammers.  “O” thats right LOGIC you don't except. So unless it is written you don't believe it .

Sound like stupid to me, I believe i would rather sound like yin yan  Brother

You would have to erase a whole lot of scripture that shows that spirits are sentient beings, to believe that spirits are simply intellects or words as you say.

Is God who is Spirit a “word” or “intellect”, or maybe he is a bunch of words or intellects which would mean that we have received many spirits of God.

If we have received “one Spirit” and words are spirits, then that would mean that we have received “one word”.

And you think that NH sounds stupid? ??? Your constant name calling and patronizing attitude against others (especially NH) who do not agree with you is troubling.

WJ

Hi GB

WJ…..You or Nick or Georg……….Have not answered the posted reason for what i said. I will restate it……Jesus SAID THE (WORDS) I AM TELLING YOU (ARE) SPIRIT.

No one is saying that the nature of words is not spirit.

Notice Jesus said the “Words” (plural) are “spirit” (singular). He didn't say the “words” I speak unto you are “spirits” and life.

Words are spirit because they proceed from a spirit being. What you are trying to do is say that every time you see the word spirit in the Bible that means it is an “intellect” or “word”. That is false for we know that God and Angels are spirit beings and are referred to as such.

And yet you all say words are not spirit, spirits are beings. ARE you all saying Jesus is a lire and (WORD) are NOT SPIRIT then?

No Jesus is not lying, but says that words are spirit, not “spirits”. Words are “Spirit”, but “Spirit beings” are not intellects or words!

Lets answer this before we move on first. IS JESUS A LIER BY SAYING WORD (ARE) SPIRIT, AND WHILE YOUR AT IT PLEASE EXPLAIN WHERE JESUS SAID GOD WAS SPIRIT AND ALSO WHERE IT SAYS THE WORD (WAS) GOD.  IS SCRIPTURE AND JESUS LYING OR HE REALLY DIDN'T MEAN WHAT HE SAID

Again, the words Jesus speaks are spirit because Jesus is a Spirit being who lived in a flesh temple.

It is his Spirit that brings life to the words. And you already know what I believe about John 1:1 “the Word was God”, for Jesus has the “name” “The Word of God“…

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and “HIS NAME IS CALLED THE WORD OF GOD”. Rev 19:13

Wj, i also noticed you minimized  the size of the word saying , ARE THEY NOT (ALL) MINISTERING SPIRITS .

No I didn’t minimize anything, I simply capitalized the part of the scripture that says God had communication with the “Angels” and not with a word or intellect.

and WJ…if you will notice i said this is the way i see it , i am not pushing it off on
    anyone. And i gave my reasons for that belief if you chose to ignore it thats fine with me.

I haven’t ignored anything, I am just pointing out that “words” are spirit, but spirit beings like God and Angels are not words or intellect for example….

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.”  For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, “And let all the angels of God worship him“. Heb 1:4-6

There is no way you can say that the Angels here who are later said to be ministering spirits are “words” or “intellects”, for they have names and are commanded to worship Jesus.

I was simply asking the question as i have several times here (WHAT IS SPIRIT) IS IT A BEING OR INTELLECT EXPRESSED IN WORDS.

love and peace to you and yours WJ…………gene

It is both. Spirits can and are beings, while words are “spirit” in nature because they come from Spirit beings.

God is greater than his words because his words are “of him” or “from him” and are not him.

WJ

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

Jesus was teaching about evil spirits and devils – however he also said that the pharisees were of their father the devil and told his disciples to beware of their doctrines – their doctrines and teachings were “devilish”.

A thought – when Jesus was saying to them about devils being cast out of “men” is this symbolic of when the “house” is swept clean of “devils”, is this in relationship to 70AD judgement against the Jews and their “house” being left to them desolate. The devils then look for a new “house” but find a swept clean house (early christianity) and get more “spirits” and the condition is worse than ever. Apostate christianlity with all of the babylonian traditions/doctrines through the RCC church.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 20 2008,09:25)
    It is both. Spirits can and are beings, while words are “spirit” in nature because they come from Spirit beings.

God is greater than his words because his words are “of him” or “from him” and are not him.

WJ

Agree, Jesus words are spiritual and pertain to life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 20 2008,09:46)
    Nick,

Jesus was teaching about evil spirits and devils – however he also said that the pharisees were of their father the devil and told his disciples to beware of their doctrines  – their doctrines and teachings were “devilish”.  

A thought –  when Jesus was saying to them about devils being cast out of “men” is this symbolic of when the “house” is swept clean of “devils”,  is this in relationship to 70AD judgement against the Jews and their “house” being left to them desolate. The devils then look for a new “house”  but find a swept clean house (early christianity) and  get more “spirits” and the condition is  worse than ever.  Apostate christianlity with all of the babylonian traditions/doctrines through the RCC church.

Hi Mk,
    A quick trip through Mark shows that Jesus was casting out evil spirits from the inside of men's vessels all day long. The same pharisees that he rebuked he also advised that they wash the inside of their cups and not be whited sepulchres.

We should not sanitise scripture from the evidence of the dominion of darkness for the sake of our sensitivities and doctrines.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

meerkat………..you are right saying the pharisees were devils and Jesus even Said, Have I not chosen all to his disciples and yet one of you (IS) a Devil. He said that because the were Evil in there Hearts it was not because they have Evil spirit (beings) jumping in and out of them, Spirit is simple intellect or thoughts, working in our minds they are either good thoughts or evil one and we express them by WORDS. For not that which a man eats defiles him but what comes our of the mouth (his words) thats what defiles the man for they (words) proceed out from the Heart and that what defiles the man., Notice not one mention of any Spirit (BEING) defiling the man. Our minds have the capability of taking in thoughts or words, they can take in evil thoughts or good thoughts, We are much like vessels that can take in what they are exposed to good or evil, and once these throughts inter us they become part of us , God can purge these from us or cast them out. As He did through Jesus many times. AS your body takes in food and it either harms it or nourishes it , so does Evil or Good thoughts do in our minds, “therefore brethren (think) on these things whatsoever is of a good report and etc.

When we try the Spirits we are trying what a man says and these word proceed forth from the heart (MIND) and are expressed through words. Jesus said the “WORDS i am telling you (ARE) SPIRIT and are Life. Spirit is simply Intellect or throught expressed through words.
    IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,.
    Jesus called Judas a devil

John 6:70
    Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

yet Satan entered him

Luke 22:3
    Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

We are named after whom we serve.

Hi GB

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 20 2008,10:42)
    Spirit is simply Intellect or throught expressed through words.

But you said that “words are spirit”.

But now you are saying that Spirit (intellect or thought) is expressed “through” words.

Is spirit words, or are words an expression of spirit? ???

Which is it? A word can't be an expression of spirit and be “the spirit” at the same time.

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 1,521 through 1,540 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account