Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,401 through 1,420 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jodi,
    Did I say that?
    Perhaps reread the thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    God punished the fig tree too, through Jesus, when it failed to fruit when needed.
    Scripture is full of warnings to the vessel, man, to follow the ways of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    The gospel is to be preached to all creation.
    Mark 16:15
    And He said to them, ” Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 02 2008,07:04)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 01 2008,11:47)
    Hi Jodi,
    God punished the vessel.
    God applied also the name of the vessel to the Satan within it, also known as the dragon, the devil, the accuser of the brethren etc.

Nick, the serpent was punished, the serpent was not a vessel but was the adversary, the slanderer. What I see according to the scriptures, is that the adversary was not IN the serpent, but was the serpent.

So its sounds like you take the scriptures in reference to the serpent literally, meaning that you believe that Eve was having a conversation with a snake, and according to you God punished all snakes for being the adversary's vessel, is that correct?

You know Nick, things would go a lot quicker and smoother if you would actually explain yourself more thoroughly, and stop with all the ambiguous short responses.

Jodi……..Amen to that post. Nick can be very ambiguous at times. Hope all is well with you and yours, how are the kids doing.

love and peace to you and yours…………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….So is SATAN A PERSON or BEING OF SOME KIND or is It simply and attribute or Spirit of evil coming forth from the evil within a person Himself?

peace to you……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Listen to Jesus in John.
    He came to destroy the works of Satan.
    1Jn
    1 John 3:8
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..you still have not answered my question< Is SATAN A person or a Being of some kind or what.?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    What does Jesus say?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jesus said Peter was SATAN, and one of His daciples was a devil, and the Pharisee had a Father and He was the devil. So the question remains is Satan or the Devil a person or a being of some kind or not. I want your opinion Nick.

peace ……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

UMM GB,
    Not quite.
    He did not state Peter was a satan.

Instead he spoke directly to the source of Peter's folly, the servant of satan's kingdom still influencing his intellect

meerkat
    Participant

Gene,

I have been thinking that Satan, serpent, dragon, devil is not just one being but the adversary which is present in everyone and is a testing of everyone. When it says that the lake of fire was prepared for the devil and his messengers (angels) I believe that is what it is for, not physical mortal beings being tormented forever,  it is our mind of flesh which is the adversaries messengers which is emnity against the spirit, that is destined for “the lake”, and which we are to crucify in this life, if we do overcome we will not be hurt of the second death.

What do you believe about the references to the resurrection of damnation vs age-during “eternal” life? I have wondered if the resurrection for the damned “wicked” is a resurrection to life from the damnation. Jesus says that he is the resurrection and the life, and when he was resurrected by the Spirit it was the end point – he had died to the flesh    – to me it seems that resurrection only happens after death and it is more than the physical body dying it is the death of our rebellious self.  

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome mk,
    Yes you are onto a very popular idea there and many will agree with you.
    Sadly scripture is the guide for those in Christ despite it's unpopularity.

Beware the roaring lion who seeks to devour you.
    Resist him.

meerkat
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome Nick,

I am bewaring of the roaring lion and am trusting in my saviour. He is keeping me safe and I trust his guidance.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Jesus came to set men free from the dominion of darkness and bring them into the light.

Accused of serving evil he showed them that if he was then satan's kingdom was finished as he was setting captives free.

We should continue that work to share his rewards.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 07 2008,18:53)
    Welcome mk,
    Yes you are onto a very popular idea there and many will agree with you.
    Sadly scripture is the guide for those in Christ despite it's unpopularity.

Beware the roaring lion who seeks to devour you.
    Resist him.

Greetings Nick…..With reference to your previous posts,would you agree that the adversary, slash, devil is first and formost a spirit,with power to transform,eg.a snake,or an angel of light….My question is ? what form did satan assume while argueing his case before God with respect to Job…what form did he manefest while tempting Jesus in the desert..and in conclusion what form will he manefest when debuts in the last days…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJ,
    No.
    The serpent earned rebuke as well as satan.
    The sons of God were with God and satan was among them.

But he is a spirit being with many subservient angels and demons that can enter any willing vessel and use it.

Luke 22:3
    Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

Temptation comes from within men [Jas] and Jesus overcame sin in the flesh[Rom8]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………Jesus overcame sin in the Flesh by the power of God in Him (not) of Himself. The same way we are to. Jesus was lead up in the wilderness to be tested , and for forty days and nights went without food or water, and after that he was extremely hungry. His (OWN MIND) tempted him saying He could turn these rocks into Bread, but then the Spirit of God in Him said (man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word coming from the mouth of GOD) and His mind took Him into the city, to the pinnacle of the temple, and He thought to himself, If I am the son of God , i could Jump down , for it is written, His messengers He shall charge concerning you, and on Hands they shall bear you up, that you may not dash a stone on thy foot. But the Spirit of God in Jesus said , it is also written, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy GOD, and Again He was tempted by His own human nature, It took Him to a very lofty place and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory and He thought all these i can have if falling down and bowing to me and give in to (his own) human nature, But the spirit of God in Him said, Said GO ADVERARY, for it is written, The Lord Thy GOD thou shalt bow to, and Him ONLY thou shalt serve. Then the adversarial Spirit left Him. He overcame His SELF. He Put HIMSELF TO DEATH THERE> and after the He started His Ministry. There was no Satan being that was tempting Him It was His own Human Nature the was the devil doing it, and he put it to death, Jesus said we must overcome (AS) he did and we must let go of Our lives the way he did , and they way He did was by Faith and the power of the Spirit of God. Its the same for US>

love and peace to all……………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 07 2008,18:45)
    Gene,

I have been thinking that Satan, serpent, dragon, devil is not just one being but the adversary which is present in everyone and is a testing of everyone. When it says that the lake of fire was prepared for the devil and his messengers (angels) I believe that is what it is for, not physical mortal beings being tormented forever,  it is our mind of flesh which is the adversaries messengers which is emnity against the spirit, that is destined for “the lake”, and which we are to crucify in this life, if we do overcome we will not be hurt of the second death.

What do you believe about the references to the resurrection of damnation vs age-during “eternal” life? I have wondered if the resurrection for the damned “wicked” is a resurrection to life from the damnation. Jesus says that he is the resurrection and the life, and when he was resurrected by the Spirit it was the end point – he had died to the flesh    – to me it seems that resurrection only happens after death and it is more than the physical body dying it is the death of our rebellious self.  

Meerkat……..you have it right, don't let the fear mongers who preach a God of FEAR and Hate misguide you. Remember Persfct Love (CAST OUT) Fear, these cast in fear.

These are the Roaring Lion look for someone to turn toward fear instead of FAITH in the power and Will of GOD. These are fear mongers whose end is themselves the Lake of fire they peach.

may God bless and keep you always………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 08 2008,06:08)
    To All………Jesus overcame sin in the Flesh by the power of God in Him (not) of Himself. The same way we are to. Jesus was lead up in the wilderness to be tested , and for forty days and nights went without food or water, and after that he was extremely hungry. His (OWN MIND) tempted him saying He could turn these rocks into Bread, but then the Spirit of God in Him said (man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word coming from the mouth of GOD) and His mind took Him into the city, to the pinnacle of the temple, and He thought to himself, If I am  the son of God , i could Jump down , for it is written, His messengers He shall charge concerning you, and on Hands they shall bear you up, that you may not dash a stone on thy foot. But the Spirit of God in Jesus said , it is also written, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy GOD, and Again He was tempted by His own human nature, It took Him to a very lofty place and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory and He thought all these i can have if falling down and bowing to me and give in to (his own) human nature, But the spirit of God in Him said, Said GO ADVERARY, for it is written, The Lord Thy GOD thou shalt bow to, and Him ONLY thou shalt serve. Then the adversarial Spirit left Him. He overcame His SELF. He Put HIMSELF TO DEATH THERE> and after the He started His Ministry. There was no Satan being that was tempting Him It was His own Human Nature the was the devil doing it, and he put it to death, Jesus said we must overcome (AS) he did and we must let go of Our lives the way he did , and they way He did was by Faith and the power of the Spirit of God.  Its the same for US>

love and peace to all……………..gene

GB,
    Who appointed you to alter scripture?
    Satan is our mind??

Go back to your Master and learn from him.
    You are not greater than him or scripture

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Tahts is exactly where (the adversary is) He is not some seperate being running around looking for some one an adversaial spirit is in every mans Heart and must be mastered as stated in Genises. ” if thou doest well you will be accepted, if Not (SIN) Croches (or stocks) at thy Door. (of they heart). Man needs to overcome whats in Him not what outside of Him. For that which comes out of the Mouth is what defiles the man for it proceeds forth from the heart. Whatsoever a man is lead by it controls Him , A carnal minded person is a Satan Himself. as Peter was when Jesus told Him get behind me SATAN, But when He became converted that changes and He put himself to death even as Jesus did By the power of God's Spirit. Its the same for us also.

peace………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,401 through 1,420 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account