Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    WJ has a point in that you seem to say from one side of your mouth that you are utterly impelled by the WILL OF GOD but somehow, from the other side, that sin lives in you and impells you in another direction and following that CHOICE OF WILL leads you and us to sin against God and put our relationship with Him at risk?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 20 2008,17:08)
    Nick….i never said we can't sin, sin is in us in our bodies and we with Gods Spirit should be trying to put them to death , it says these two are contary to one another the Flesh and the Spirit they are at war in our members. And some times the flesh wins, but when that happens we get on our knees and confess to God and ask for help in our time of need and He gives it to us, and this will go on as long as we are in these bodies, one thing i noticed as you get older you suffer more in the flesh, and what Peter said comes to mind “he who suffers in the flesh has ceased from sin”, i think that true the older you get seam's you sin less i think it because the bodies is dying. And your soreness and weakness keeps the sin down.

IMO

It's amazing truth my brother Gene, as long as we are in this mortal and sinfulbody we will be tempted of sin. But sin will have less effect on us on certain youthful sins when we grow older.
    Thanks and blessings
    Adam

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 21 2008,00:32)

Nick….i never said we can't sin, sin is in us in our bodies and we with Gods Spirit should be trying to put them to death , it says these two are contary to one another the Flesh and the Spirit they are at war in our members. And some times the flesh wins, but when that happens we get on our knees and confess to God and ask for help in our time of need and He gives it to us, and this will go on as long as we are in these bodies, one thing i noticed as you get older you suffer more in the flesh, and what Peter said comes to mind “he who suffers in the flesh has ceased from sin”, i think that true the older you get seam's you sin less i think it because the bodies is dying. And your soreness and weakness keeps the sin down.

IMO

It's amazing truth my brother Gene, as long as we are in this mortal and sinfulbody we will be tempted of sin. But sin will have less effect on us on certain youthful sins when we grow older.
    Thanks and blessings
    Adam

I believe its because of increased wisdom and faith

gollamudi
    Participant

May be that's also true brother DK.

Irene
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ July 21 2008,01:57)

Quote (gollamudi @ July 21 2008,00:32)

IMO

Thanks and blessings
    Adam

I believe its because of increased wisdom and faith

I truly believe also when we get older the world does not mean as much to us anymore. Even tho Satan still temps us daily, but we can see through Him in his temptations. Having God's Holy Spirit living in us makes it so much better for us. And we have God's promise that all we have to do confess our sins and He is quick to have mercy on us and forgive our sins. Jesus is our Mediator and now we can directly go to the throne of God and ask for that forgiveness. Thanks to our God and Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……..Amen sis, we never give up even if we are old and suffer problems we never give up on trusting in God. If we sin we know where to go and get help in time of need don't we.

peace and love to you and yours…….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2008,17:21)
    Hi GB,
    WJ has a point in that you seem to say from one side of your mouth that you are utterly impelled by the WILL OF GOD but somehow, from the other side, that sin lives in you and impells you in another direction and following that CHOICE OF WILL leads you and us to sin against God and put our relationship with Him at risk?

Nick…..you need to read what Paul said regarding what i said and you might see what i was talking about.

peace……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Indeed despite” being DRAGGED and compelled to obey the will of God”, as you say, sin living in Paul's flesh made it impossible to always obey the way of righteousness while he lived in that flesh tent. So if Paul was so frustrated and helpless why do you teach that it is so easy and impossible to fail?

1Cor10
    12Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 21 2008,06:47)
    Hi GB,
    Indeed despite” being DRAGGED and compelled to obey the will of God”, as you say, sin living in Paul's flesh made it impossible to always obey the way of righteousness while he lived in that flesh tent. So if Paul was so frustrated and helpless why do you teach that it is so easy and impossible to fail?  

1Cor10
    12Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

??? …good question

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK…..Paul said when i would do good i don”t do it, but the evil i would not do that i do, O retched man that i am who can deliver me from this BODY of Death. Then he went on to say it is no longer I who do it but Sin that dwell in this body. But i have noticed as these bodies get older sin loosed it's grip, it not as strong because the body is becoming weaker, Peter said He who suffer in his flesh ceases form sin, think that is true.

John said if we say we have no sin we are lairs and the truth is not in Him, Sin in our members is like a bad diseases. The Spirit does help us to combat it . But some times we fail, but when we do we know where to go to get help in our time of need.

peace and love to you and yours………gene

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 22 2008,02:37)
    DK…..Paul said when i would do good  i don”t do it,  but the evil i would not do that i do, O retched man that i am who can deliver me from this BODY of Death. Then he went on to say it is no longer I who do it but Sin that dwell in this body. But i have noticed as these bodies get older sin loosed it's grip, it not as strong because the body is becoming weaker, Peter said He who suffer in his flesh ceases form sin, think that is true.

John said if we say we have no sin we are lairs and the truth is not in Him, Sin in our members is like a bad diseases. The Spirit does help us to combat it . But some times we fail, but when we do we know where to go to get help in our time of need.

peace and love to you and yours………gene

Even tho I agree that when we get older we don't commit the sin of the flesh as much, but the mind is still active and IMO sins daily. Therefore I do go to God daily and ask Him for His mercy and forgiveness of my sins. Just getting frustrated with living with a man, can make you sin. :laugh: :laugh:
    Think about that! O, wretched man that I am. (or woman in my case) I have to remind myself what Paul said, otherwise it would make me feel guilty, Satan loves to do so, he used to do it to me all the time. God puts you through a test and you fail miserable and Satan comes and laughs at you. He is real to me.
    Bless you
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So sin in us is not what we do but is a force that has has a life of it's own?

Participant

Hi:

The devil is a spirit.  When Adam and Eve sinned.  Their spirit was the seed of the serpent.  Notice that there are no talking snakes running around tempting people to sin but they are crawling on their belly.  However, that spirit that entices mankind to sin dwells within men who entice others to sin.

1Jo 2:15 ¶ Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
    1Jo 2:16  For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food(Lust of the Flesh), and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes(lust of the eyes), and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise(pride of life), she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat

God Bless

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 21 2008,17:37)
    Hi:

The devil is a spirit.  When Adam and Eve sinned.  Their spirit was the seed of the serpent.  Notice that there are no talking snakes running around tempting people to sin but they are crawling on their belly.  However, that spirit that entices mankind to sin dwells within men who entice others to sin.

1Jo 2:15 ¶ Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
    1Jo 2:16  For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food(Lust of the Flesh), and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes(lust of the eyes), and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise(pride of life), she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat

God Bless

Hi Gene,
    You say that “their spirit was the seed of the serpent”. Please explain and show with scriptural support.

Thank you,
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Good point.
    How could Adam and Eve have been led by the seed of the serpent who was with them
    and deceived them from without, not from within?

Gen3
    15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Their children certainly inherited the fruit of that spiritual adultery though.

Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 22 2008,15:23)

Hi:

God Bless

Hi Gene,
    You say that “their spirit was the seed of the serpent”.  Please explain and show with scriptural support.

Thank you,
    LU

Hi LU:

I believe that you meant to address this to me rather than Gene.

In the parable of the sower, Jesus states:

Mat 13:24 ¶ Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
    Mat 13:25  But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

In the above parable the seed that is being sown is the Word of God.  In the Garden of Eden the seed that was sown in Eves's heart was the lie that the serpent told her saying:

Gen 3:4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
    Gen 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The seed that was planted in her heart was what the serpent told her which was a lie because God has said that they would die.  When she believed the lie and yielded to the temptation, the seed that the devil planted took root and did bear fruit in that Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

The scripture states in God's judgment to the serpent:

Gen 3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

And so, this is how I arrive at my interpretation.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Continuing the antagonism between Satan and Israel.

Rev12
    4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.    

And the victory of true Israel
    Rom16
    20And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 22 2008,00:08)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 22 2008,15:23)

Hi:

God Bless

Hi Gene,
    You say that “their spirit was the seed of the serpent”.  Please explain and show with scriptural support.

Thank you,
    LU

Hi LU:

I believe that you meant to address this to me rather than Gene.

In the parable of the sower, Jesus states:

Mat 13:24 ¶ Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
    Mat 13:25  But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

In the above parable the seed that is being sown is the Word of God.  In the Garden of Eden the seed that was sown in Eves's heart was the lie that the serpent told her saying:

Gen 3:4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
    Gen 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The seed that was planted in her heart was what the serpent told her which was a lie because God has said that they would die.  When she believed the lie and yielded to the temptation, the seed that the devil planted took root and did bear fruit in that Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

The scripture states in God's judgment to the serpent:

Gen 3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

And so, this is how I arrive at my interpretation.

God Bless

Thanks 94,
    Yes, I did mean to address that to you, not Gene, my bad.

Thank you for your explanation.

Their spirit was the seed of the serpent.

I am trying to understand what you are saying. Would this be your understanding: Their deception and disobedience was the bad fruit from the bad seed sown by satan. I do not find in the Bible anywhere that the seed is a spirit. I find that the good seed is the word of God, it can also refer to Christ. I also see that the good seed are the sons of the kingdom and the bad seed (producing tares) are the sons of the evil one as in the following passage in Matthew 13.

Matt:13
    36Then He left the crowds and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.” 37 And He said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38 and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. 40 “So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. 41 “The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 “Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear. NASB

Ge 3:15
    And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel.”

I think that “your seed” in Ge 3:15 are the sons of the evil one and that “her seed” refers to Christ and those in His kingdom. I believe the message is that the evil one gets the worst “bruise”.

In conclusion, I don't think that “their spirit was the seed of the serpent” as you say. I think this bad seed of the serpent was the enticing, lying words of the evil one that gave way to sin and produced bad fruit of the spirit of Adam and Eve. Maybe I'm nitpickin, sorry if it appears so. Just something about how you said it that didn't seem quite right.

God bless,
    LU

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2008,00:24)
    Hi LU,
    Continuing the antagonism between Satan and Israel.

Rev12
    4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.    

And the victory of true Israel
    Rom16
    20And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Hi Nick,
    As they say “And the beat goes on…and the beat goes on.”

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Sis Kathi,
    I agree with you on that explanation on seed of (satan)devil and seed of God. But Jesus also said “the words I spoke are the spirit and life'. Jesus is the living word of God and the words he spoke are the seed of God. I may tend to agree with 942767 when he said that the seed of Satan should be understood in a similar way as we understand Jesus' words.
    Peace and love to you
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account