Salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 15 2007,07:51)

Sorry Is I should explain more… what I meant was… would you still accept the bible if the Trinity doctrine wasn't there?

It isn't there, and yes.  I would still accept the Bible if …

Listen, drop a crate of Bible's in the deepest darkest jungle in the language of  a tribe that's never heard of the Bible and come back 10 years later.  If one of them believes in a trinity, I will eat those Bibles and my words.

Sorry Is I should explain more… what I meant was… would you still accept the bible if the Trinity doctrine wasn't there?

It isn't there, and yes. I would still accept the Bible if …

Listen, drop a crate of Bible's in the deepest darkest jungle in the language of a tribe that's never heard of the Bible and come back 10 years later. If one of them believes in a trinity, I will eat those Bibles and my words.

I was talking Is1:18

But yeah I agree with you too David.

Hugs

Phoenix
    Participant

oops dont know how I did that

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 15 2007,07:46)

Hugs

Well yes…..I didn't get schooled up on the trinity doctrine and then went about ferverently looking for evidence of it in the Bible, if that's what you mean.

:D

What are it's key failings, as you see it?

Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 15 2007,07:53)

Yet I dont remember Paul or Jesus saying to support a church as part of baptism.

Sorry, I'm still not quite certain I know what you mean.  Perhaps a few sentences to explain this one.  Thankyuou.

Well, maybe back in their days there were only one or two different churches. Nowadays there is like more than 20. And they all bicker with each other.

I read somewhere… something like… put a dog and a cat in a cage and they will learn to live together. Put a protestant, baptist and a catholic in a cage together and all of them will be dead.

A bit extravagant maybe?

John the Baptist didnt need a church. He preferred to preach at the Jordan. He didnt make rules and told them they had to stick around or else they will be disfellowshipped.

Just a thought

Hugs

Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 15 2007,08:01)

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 15 2007,07:46)

Hugs

Well yes…..I didn't get schooled up on the trinity doctrine and then went about ferverently looking for evidence of it in the Bible, if that's what you mean.

:D

What are it's key failings, as you see it?

The KEY failings I would have to say … is the fact it creates heated arguments and debates.

Like I said…. if you take the Trinity doctrine away, ALL is accepted. There is likely to be no contradictions at all. Right?

Hugs
    Phoenix

Participant

Listen, drop a crate of Bible's in the deepest darkest jungle in the language of  a tribe that's never heard of the Bible and come back 10 years later.  If one of them believes in a trinity, I will eat those Bibles and my words.

I actually disagree. Some of them might begin to see the evidence attesting to monotheism, then the evidence for the Father and Son's deity but distinction in personality, as well as the Holy Spirit's deity and personality…and start joining some dots…as millions of others have before and after them. They might also begin to see the contradictions emerge with regard to the Creation of the Heavens and Earth, if unipersonality is assumed. And lastly, they might also understand that a Universe-creating, supernatural, SUPREME being might just be a little more complex than His trichotomous but unipersonal creation.

Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 15 2007,08:05)
    The KEY failings I would have to say … is the fact it creates heated arguments and debates.

Like I said…. if you take the Trinity doctrine away, ALL is accepted. There is likely to be no contradictions at all. Right?

Hugs
    Phoenix

So because it's contested it's therefore invalid??

That would likewise apply to every doctrine ever concieved Phoenix.

:)

david
    Participant

I read somewhere… something like… put a dog and a cat in a cage and they will learn to live together. Put a protestant, baptist and a catholic in a cage together and all of them will be dead.

A bit extravagant maybe?

Not really. Put a Catholic and another Catholic in a cage and they may also be dead, literally, from one stabbing the other, or shooting the other, or….
    Anyway,

John the Baptist didnt need a church. He preferred to preach at the Jordan. He didnt make rules and told them they had to stick around or else they will be disfellowshipped.

No one is ever disfellowshiped for not sticking around. People are disfellowshiped when they unrepentantly sin, an action that protects the congregation and helps the sinner to see the seriousness of their actions. This was practiced by the earliest Christians.

No he didn't. NOr did Noah, or….

But then came the Christian congregation. John, seemed to have a special commision, he seemed to be an arrow pointing to Christ. christ, in turn, is our exemplar. He is the “head of the congregation.”

Participant

The trinity is the hottest of topics here but not so in other forums….

david
    Participant

I actually disagree.

Let's test it. I just happen to have a crate of Bibles. But we can use your Bibles if you like. Now, we just need a helicoptor.

considering it took a few hundred years for the 'Christians' to “figure out/create” the trinty, i find it unlikely that this tribe will do it in 10 years.

His trichotomous

One thing is for certain. They won't be using big philisophical Greek sounding words. And without those words, how can you have a trinity?

Participant

“philisophical” is a big word (albeit misspelled).

Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 15 2007,08:19)

I actually disagree.

Let's test it.  I just happen to have a crate of Bibles.  But we can use your Bibles if you like.  Now, we just need a helicoptor.

considering it took a few hundred years for the 'Christians' to “figure out/create” the trinty, i find it unlikely that this tribe will do it in 10 years.  

His trichotomous

One thing is for certain.  They won't be using big philisophical Greek sounding words.  And without those words, how can you have a trinity?

David I don't think sophisticated language is unique to the trinitarian scholars, they all use it in defense of their doctrines….have you read any of Greg Stafford's writings lately? I'm sure you have.

Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 15 2007,08:15)

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 15 2007,08:05)

Hugs
    Phoenix

So because it's contested it's therefore invalid??

That would likewise apply to every doctrine ever concieved Phoenix.

Well… yes.

I will answer your question in the Trinity thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    True Doctrines are not conceived.
    They are written.
    False doctrines are conceived.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi David

No one is ever disfellowshiped for not sticking around. People are disfellowshiped when they unrepentantly sin, an action that protects the congregation and helps the sinner to see the seriousness of their actions. This was practiced by the earliest Christians.

So, are you saying that I can go to a Jehovah Witness and get baptized and not have to attend church or go out door knocking? Yet, do good works my own way according to the bible. Also, not sin either?

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    You say
    “I actually disagree. Some of them might begin to see the evidence attesting to monotheism, then the evidence for the Father and Son's deity but distinction in personality, as well as the Holy Spirit's deity and personality…and start joining some dots…as millions of others have before and after them. They might also begin to see the contradictions emerge with regard to the Creation of the Heavens and Earth, if unipersonality is assumed. And lastly, they might also understand that a Universe-creating, supernatural, SUPREME being might just be a little more complex than His trichotomous but unipersonal creation.”

Should we expound on doctrines found by some folk joining DOTS?
    Should we worship the Spirit of God rather than God?

david
    Participant

David I don't think sophisticated language is unique to the trinitarian scholars, they all use it in defense of their doctrines….have you read any of Greg Stafford's writings lately? I'm sure you have.

Hi Is 1:18. unfortunately, you are wrong again. I have no idea who that is. And while it is perhaps because you mainly hand around the trinty threads and it is you only who uses such words, it is definitely true that on this forum, it is those threads only that have these words.

david
    Participant

Phoenix,

Hi David

So, are you saying that I can go to a Jehovah Witness and get baptized and not have to attend church or go out door knocking? Yet, do good works my own way according to the bible. Also, not sin either?

Hugs
    Phoenix

What I was saying is that people don't get disfellowshipped for not going from door to door.

If you don't think it's important to share the good news with everyone, as the Bible encourages, or meet together as the Bible encourages (Heb 10:24) then perhaps you shouldn't be one of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses. JW's as a whole enjoy these things and realize that God requires certain things from them. (Mat 28:19,20; Mat 24:14)

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2007,23:25)
    Should we expound on doctrines found by some folk joining DOTS?

You join dots NH, we all do it.

Show me where it's explicitly written that:

– God beget the Logos before His natural birth.

– God is one person.

– Satan is a malevolent fallen angel.

– Water baptism is essential for salvation.

– There is a pre-tribulation rapture (or mid trib or post trib).

ETC ETC…..

Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 17 2007,09:10)

Hi Is 1:18.  unfortunately, you are wrong again.  I have no idea who that is.  And while it is perhaps because you mainly hand around the trinty threads and it is you only who uses such words, it is definitely true that on this forum, it is those threads only that have these words.

Greg Stafford is the foremost WT scholar, and I would be very surprised if you didn't know that.

David, I gave you a link to an online dictionany. Instead of just whinging about my vocalbulary, use it, find out what words mean, improve yours.

Honestly David……

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account