Salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is from the restoration light site about salvation.
    They seem to teach that all have another chance to accept the salvation of Christ after the resurrection.
    Any takers?

“God's holy spirit reveals through the scriptures that Jesus is the satisfaction for the sins of the Church and the world; that the world's new judgment day through Jesus will be “in righteousness”, with Satan abyssed so that he will be able to deceive the nations [heathen]; that mankind lost his first chance of life because of Adam's sin, and thus “the ransom for all” will give each of them will have one full, free, fair opportunity to gain eternal life through Christ, either in this life or after being awakened from the dead in the new day of judgment; that in this new judgment day there will be no blinding influences of Satan, and all the nations [the unbelieving heathen of this age, as well as the unbelieving Jew of this age] will learn the ways of Yahweh, for then the whole earth will be filled with the knowledge of the only true God, Yahweh. — Psalm 9:8; 96:13; 98:9; Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:4,5,9; 25:7-9; 29:18,24; Jeremiah 31:34; John 5:28,29; 1 John 2:2; Acts 17:31; 24:15; Revelation 20:1-3,7,12,13; Acts 24:15. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    This from Oxy's site.
    He says the Lutheran movement was of the plan of God[?]
    This his view of salvation which does not require one to be reborn of water but rather the more popular but false “intellectual assent”.

“Life in the Promised Land is a whole new walk with God. The Land of Milk and Honey is abundant in good fruit and new understanding. In the same way as being Born Again and Baptised in the Holy Spirit are very real spiritual experiences, so too is Tabernacles! In the same way that there are different levels of commitment to our Lord Jesus Christ, so too are there different 'death' or 'dying to self' experiences.
    The Tabernacle experience, which involves spiritually crossing the Jordan and entering the Promised Land is what God is calling the Church to now and we need to have an understanding of what He requires of us.
    Being Born Again (Passover) is a result of having faith in Jesus and surrendering one's life to His will. In return for apologising to Him for our sin and being prepared to turn away from our sin in order to follow Him, God's free gift to us is a brand new life for as many as will receive it.
    Baptism in the Holy Spirit (Pentecost) is an infilling of the Holy Spirit, a free gift from God, available to those who ask. Usually imparted through the laying on of hands. The Holy Spirit was sent to us to comfort us and teach us of God, and to build us up together as one in Christ.
    Crossing the Jordan (Tabernacles) is a result of first receiving understanding through teaching and understanding relevant Scripture. This is 'The Blowing of Trumpets' or the announcement. Having received understanding through the teaching of the Scriptures comes the preparation based on that teaching. This is the 'Atonement', making oneself 'right with God' through a further repentance and the laying down of ones life AS THE HOLY SPIRIT LEADS, and then dying (crossing the Jordan). This death is not a physical death, but a death of the soul, which is a person’s very identity. To lay down one’s life in this manner is by far the deepest (and scariest) experience in God, but also the most rewarding.”

But then in another place he says
    “I believe in the believer's baptism (believe, and then be baptised)
    Act 22:16 And now what do you intend? Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”

I am confused.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi qa,
    try here.

NickHassan
    Participant

For P.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

I read these now but no one has stated that it matters where you get baptised. I also understand why we need to be baptised.

Hi P,
    YES
    I will bring up some relevant threads.
    Tell God you want to and ask Him to smooth the path to that obedience.

Well, I can only wait till I do find that person who can baptise me.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Water,
    Read the story of the eunuch in Acts and Hebrews says clean water somewhere.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

I have just returned from my bible tutor and I have decided with her that we will no longer continue study together because of my different beliefs with her. Trinity and Sabbath.

Anyway, I had previously asked her during the week about baptism. She said if I can accept 1John 1:9 and Roman 10:9 then yes I can be baptised. I said yes I accept those. But today she said that she doesnt think anyone will baptise me (in my township) if I wont accept that Jesus is God.

So, now Im not sure who to ask anymore. Can you help me with this considering you are from NZ.

Thanks

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Sure.
    Never say no.
    Let me know when you come south.

Phoenix
    Participant

Edited…. Admin I deleted my post which was about where I live. Nick I will PM you.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WOL,
    From another thread.

You said
    “Thank you for your response and reply to my post. I would just like to point out, that I have not been baptized in water, but I fully believe in my heart and I just know that I have been baptized in spirit by Jesus and have received the Holy Spirit. Water baptism is another issue with me, because I have been taught that it is not necessary and not required.

I have received the Holy Spirit, so what is the water baptism for? Maybe someone can explain this to me as I am a bit confused with this one too. When I confessed Rom 10:9, I felt as if something had hit me, within a few days, I was speaking in tongues, in small amounts as it became a shock to me at first, but during the last 10 or so months more fluently and I speak in tongues on a daily basis, in my prayer time and when I just generally chat to our Father.”

We do not want to found among those who worked in the name of Jesus but were not known by him.
    We do not want to be found at the wedding feast without wedding clothes as water baptism clothes us in Christ[gal 3.27].
    We want the forgivensss of God given in response to our plea in baptism[1Peter 3]and to have fulfilled all righteousness

Phoenix
    Participant

Why are there rules to being baptized?

A mixed religion of Protestants, Lutherans etc tell me that I have to accept the Trinity in order to be baptized.

SDA says the same.

JW's you have to accept their traditions and so on…

Since when were there rules to baptisms… is there scripture for this?

I thought so long as you believed Jesus, his crucifixion, his ressurection and God and willing to repent and stay away from sin was all we needed.

david
    Participant

Why are there rules to being baptized?

Sprinkling water on a babies head is technically not being baptized according to what that word means, nor is it a scriptural practice.

“rules” as you call them are moreso scriptural examples of how the early Christians were baptized.

Oh, wait, you aren't actually talking about being baptized. Sorry.

JW's you have to accept their traditions and so on…

Let's say you like to smoke cigarettes, drink to the point of drunkeness, like to …. etc, etc. Sure, come, be baptized. Represent Christ and Jehovah and bear their names….no. It would be reproach on his name. This is the exact reason why the early Christains and JW today disfellowship ones who do not show unrepentantly show disrepect for God's standards of conduct.
    Of course, the Bible has much to say about drunkeness for example. I threw cigarettes in there, because the Bible doesn't mention cigarettes which weren't in use back then. Because the Bible doesn't condemn something, does that mean it's ok? No. There are Bible principles which make clear what is and what isn't acceptable to Jehovah.

Actually, could you expand your question?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Feb. 28 2007,22:38)
    Hi Nick

I have just returned from my bible tutor and I have decided with her that we will no longer continue study together because of my different beliefs with her. Trinity and Sabbath.

Anyway, I had previously asked her during the week about baptism. She said if I can accept 1John 1:9 and Roman 10:9 then yes I can be baptised. I said yes I accept those. But today she said that she doesnt think anyone will baptise me (in my township) if I wont accept that Jesus is God.

So, now Im not sure who to ask anymore. Can you help me with this considering you are from NZ.

Thanks

Hugs
    Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
    What are the biggest flaws in the trinity doctrine as you see it?

Maybe you could answer in the trinity thread.

david
    Participant

What are the biggest flaws in the trinity doctrine as you see it?

Would you like them alphabetically?

I guess it's complete lack of existence in the Bible is a big one.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi

Sorry, yes I meant becoming baptized not 'whilst being baptized'.

Let's say you like to smoke cigarettes, drink to the point of drunkeness, like to …. etc, etc. Sure, come, be baptized. Represent Christ and Jehovah and bear their names….no. It would be reproach on his name.

I completely understand what you say there David. And I totally agree with that.

I think I was more talking about other rules and regulations that apply to each different church or congregation. Or supporting the church. Yet I dont remember Paul or Jesus saying to support a church as part of baptism. Or is that what he meant when he said “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all the rest will come unto you”?

Is – The biggest flaw I see is that I dont believe God came down to be Jesus. He sent his Holy Spirit upon Jesus yes. When you take the Trinity doctrine away all is accepted. Bring it in and a big argument arises. Think about it.

I hope this answers both your questions

Hugs
    Phoenix

Phoenix
    Participant

Sorry Is I should explain more… what I meant was… would you still accept the bible if the Trinity doctrine wasn't there?

Hugs

david
    Participant

Or supporting the church. Yet I dont remember Paul or Jesus saying to support a church as part of baptism.

Hi phoenix.
    (Matthew 28:19-20) “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.””

david
    Participant

Sorry Is I should explain more… what I meant was… would you still accept the bible if the Trinity doctrine wasn't there?

It isn't there, and yes. I would still accept the Bible if …

Listen, drop a crate of Bible's in the deepest darkest jungle in the language of a tribe that's never heard of the Bible and come back 10 years later. If one of them believes in a trinity, I will eat those Bibles and my words.

Phoenix
    Participant

Thanks David. :D

david
    Participant

Yet I dont remember Paul or Jesus saying to support a church as part of baptism.

Sorry, I'm still not quite certain I know what you mean. Perhaps a few sentences to explain this one. Thankyuou.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account