Salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 14 2010,15:49)
    hi nick

we have a different view in the interpretation of “being born again” i believe Christ pointed out to is country men,that the law has come to its end and the true way would be now by the spirit,and like for the law God used a prophet like Moses,he now has send his son Jesus Christ to teach the true spirit to be saved in.or by it,rituals do not save but the true changes in the heart do,the true faith in God and the one he has send Christ.fallow his teachings and put to practice in our daily live and so become a light for others to fallow.

Pierre

Hi Pierre.
    I agree with your view of this statement. Jesus was speaking about the nation of Israel when He said… “you must be born again”. The word 'you' in this statement was the plural in the original Greek, more than one. We must remember that His (Jesus) teaching was to Israel, and to them only. Gentiles had no place in this era… (Eph.2:11-12… 11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —
    12 that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world).

Jerry.

terraricca
    Participant

CO

yes but this was true only until the door was open with Cornelius ,then Paul

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 14 2010,15:49)
    hi nick

we have a different view in the interpretation of “being born again” i believe Christ pointed out to is country men,that the law has come to its end and the true way would be now by the spirit,and like for the law God used a prophet like Moses,he now has send his son Jesus Christ to teach the true spirit to be saved in.or by it,rituals do not save but the true changes in the heart do,the true faith in God and the one he has send Christ.fallow his teachings and put to practice in our daily live and so become a light for others to fallow.

Pierre

Terricca………….Good Post, i also see it that way.

peace and love……………..gene

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Pierre.
    In part of my previous post…

Gentiles had no place in this era… (Eph.2:11-12… 11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —
    12 that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world).

You answered…

Yes, the door was opened then to the Gentiles, because Israel had rejected their promised Messiah, Jesus. See Acts 13:46… ” Being bold, both Paul and Barnabas, say, “To you first (Israel) was it necessary that the word of God be spoken. Yet, since, in fact, you are thrusting it away, and are judging yourselves not worthy of eonian life, lo! we are turning to the nations”.
    You see, God has divorced His chosen people, and turned to the “nations”.

But Pauls gospel was not the same as Jesus' gospel to the Jews. He (Jesus) taught under the 'Old Covenant' that God had made with Israel, that was “Obedience to the Law”, justification by “works”.
    While now, we are under the “Covenant of the Grace of God”, who Paul was selected by God to give the message to “the nations'. (Gentiles and believing Jews)

We must not assume that Jesus' message was to the gentiles as well, it was different in the fact that He (Jesus) taught under the “Old Covenant” that God had made with Israel, and them only.
    While Paul was directed by Jesus, who chose him, while on the road to Damascus (you know of his (Pauls) conversion then), and he was comissioned to …”complete the word of God” (Col.1:25)

So you see that the two “gospels” were not he same, as defined in Romans 15: verse 8… For I am saying that Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises.
    And in verse 16… for me (Paul) to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.
    Hope I have made this understandable, God Bless.

Jerry.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 16 2010,11:59)
    Hi Pierre.
      In part of my previous post…

Gentiles had no place in this era…  (Eph.2:11-12…  11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —

You answered…  

Yes, the door was opened then to the Gentiles, because Israel had rejected their promised Messiah, Jesus.  See Acts 13:46…  ” Being bold, both Paul and Barnabas, say, “To you first (Israel) was it necessary that the word of God be spoken. Yet, since, in fact, you are thrusting it away, and are judging yourselves not worthy of eonian life, lo! we are turning to the nations”.
      You see, God has divorced His chosen people, and turned to the “nations”.

But Pauls gospel was not the same as Jesus' gospel to the Jews.  He (Jesus) taught under the 'Old Covenant' that God had made with Israel, that was “Obedience to the Law”, justification by “works”.
      While now, we are under the “Covenant of the Grace of God”, who Paul was selected by God to give the message to “the nations'. (Gentiles and believing Jews)

We must not assume that Jesus' message was to the gentiles as well, it was different in the fact that He (Jesus) taught under the “Old Covenant” that God had made with Israel, and them only.  
      While Paul was directed by Jesus, who chose him, while on the road to Damascus (you know of his (Pauls) conversion then), and he was comissioned to  …”complete the word of God” (Col.1:25)

So you see that the two “gospels” were not he same, as defined in Romans 15: verse 8… For I am saying that Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises.
      And in verse 16… for me (Paul) to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.
    Hope I have made this understandable,  God Bless.

Jerry.

CO

you got that wrong;there are no two gospels only one;
    if you are my son and i promise you a $1000. if you cut the grass,you refuse and then i go to the kid next door and say the same proposal and he accepted is this a different $1000 dollars???

i surely do not think so.

Pierre

chosenone
    Participant

Pierre.
    You just can't seem to understand that Jesus preached the “Gospel of the kingdom”. While Paul was comissioned to preach the “Gospel of the Grace of God”. Two very different gospels. God will save ALL mankind, see 1Cor.15:28.
    Thank God I am a “sinner saved by Grace”, not trying to justify myself, but glorifying God, and Him alone for my salvation.

God Bless, Jerry.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone ……The Self WILLED are Self Driven. Their focus is on the SELF. They can not give the (complete) glory to GOD for their Salvation, their “So- Called “FREE WILLS” prevent them from doing that, they must take credit for their own salvation as long as they believe in “FREE” Will salvation. They profess GOD but truly deny his Power in salvation, you see they believe GOD must get their permission to save even them. Well did GOD speak through Jesus and say “all that every came before me liars and thieves.” IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

chosenone
    Participant

Gene… You are so right, mankind does feel they have to give God permission to save them. They will thank God at the “Consummation” when they realise that God didn't need their help. “Every knee shall bow… etc.
    “ALL THE GLORY WILL GO TO GOD”, He will be “ALL IN ALL” (1Cor.15:28)

God Bless, Jerry.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 16 2010,16:53)
    Pierre.
      You just can't seem to understand that Jesus preached the “Gospel of the kingdom”.  While Paul was comissioned to preach the “Gospel of the Grace of God”.  Two very different gospels.  God will save ALL mankind, see 1Cor.15:28.
      Thank God I am a “sinner saved by Grace”, not trying to justify myself, but glorifying God, and Him alone for my salvation.

God Bless, Jerry.

CO

not so ;Ac 10:45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.
    Ac 10:46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.
    Then Peter said,
    Ac 10:47 “Can anyone keep these people from being baptized with water? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”
    Ac 10:48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days

Ac 11:17 So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?” CAN YOU OPPOSE GOD?

there is no difference.

Pierre

chosenone
    Participant

Pierre.
    Jesus was comissioned to Israel, (Matt.15:24) He taught them under the “Old Covenant” obedience to the “Law”. Jesus Himself “Fulfilled” the “Law”. He was circumcsised, He kept all the Holy days, He did not eat 'unclean” meats, He kept the “Law” flawlessly, He was a Jew, and taught the “Old Covenant”, which was required by Israel to enter the promised land. How can you possibley say that His gospel was the same as Pauls, who was comissioned to the nations (& beleiving Jews) under the covenant of “the Grace of God”, which had no part of the “Law”, but salvation by “the Grace of God”.
    Two gospels, completely different. Do you think you should be keeping the “Law” as Israel was instucted to do, and which Jesus was comissioned to teach to Israel?

See Ro.15:8 and Ro.15:16 This plainly states the difference between these two teachers.

God Bless, Jerry.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 17 2010,15:51)
    Pierre.
      Jesus was comissioned to Israel, (Matt.15:24) He taught them under the “Old Covenant” obedience to the “Law”.  Jesus Himself “Fulfilled” the “Law”.  He was circumcsised, He kept all the Holy days, He did not eat 'unclean” meats, He kept the “Law” flawlessly, He was a Jew, and taught the “Old Covenant”, which was required by Israel to enter the promised land.  How can you possibley say that His gospel was the same as Pauls, who was comissioned to the nations (& beleiving Jews) under the covenant of “the Grace of God”, which had no part of the “Law”, but salvation by “the Grace of God”.
      Two gospels, completely different.  Do you think you should be keeping the “Law” as Israel was instucted to do, and which Jesus was comissioned to teach to Israel?

See Ro.15:8 and Ro.15:16    This plainly states the difference between these two teachers.

God Bless,  Jerry.

CO

same gospel but first to his people then to the gentiles,

the Jews were priviledged in the order “first”so they received best position to become sons of God in heaven and the others receiving reward is becoming sons of God on earth.
    rev says only 144000 will go to heaven,so the rest will be on the earth,doing Gods will.

Pierre

chosenone
    Participant

Pierre, Non-scriptual nonsense?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I was surprised that MB would post this confusion in another thread.

“Kerwin,

I know that it is popular among Christians to call themselves “born again Christians”.  I know that the general understanding is that we die to sin and are born again in spirit upon accepting Jesus as our Savior.  

But read John 3 again.  Jesus is speaking of the future, and how those born of flesh are [ALWAYS] flesh, and those of flesh cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.   The Kingdom of God is in heaven, and flesh cannot enter into it.  Those who will be chosen to enter into it will be born again from above, and not consist of flesh, but of spirit and water.

And while some of Jesus' disciples may already be with him in heaven, having been born again of spirit and water, no flesh person on earth is “born again” in the sense Jesus meant it.

The can be “born anew” in the sense that Peter meant it.  But in the sense Jesus meant it, flesh was not a part of the deal.  So like I told Nick:  If you consist of flesh, then you have not yet been born again from above. “

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Satan has blinded many, so that they miss Romans 8:9 in their understanding
    of where the “God's Kingdom” is… (see Luke 17:21 and also Romans 14:17)

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be
    that the Spirit of God dwell in you.” (Romans 8:9)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 18 2010,18:03)
    Pierre,  Non-scriptual nonsense?

Co

so Christ came to the gentiles first ???? scriptures please ,

JN 1:11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.
    JN 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

Jn 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.
    Jn 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

how many gentiles in the 12 apostles ??? how many non Israelites became disciples of Christ and were teach by him ???

we all know that the first gentiles were taking in was Cornelius and his house ,more or less 3.5 years after Christ dead

so your comment is free un inteligent respond

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2010,10:11)

Pierre.
      Jesus was comissioned to Israel, (Matt.15:24) He taught them under the “Old Covenant” obedience to the “Law”.  Jesus Himself “Fulfilled” the “Law”.  He was circumcsised, He kept all the Holy days, He did not eat 'unclean” meats, He kept the “Law” flawlessly, He was a Jew, and taught the “Old Covenant”, which was required by Israel to enter the promised land.  How can you possibley say that His gospel was the same as Pauls, who was comissioned to the nations (& beleiving Jews) under the covenant of “the Grace of God”, which had no part of the “Law”, but salvation by “the Grace of God”.
      Two gospels, completely different.  Do you think you should be keeping the “Law” as Israel was instucted to do, and which Jesus was comissioned to teach to Israel?

See Ro.15:8 and Ro.15:16    This plainly states the difference between these two teachers.

God Bless,  Jerry.

CO

the Jews were priviledged in the order “first”so they received best position to become sons of God in heaven and the others receiving reward is becoming sons of God on earth.
    rev says only 144000 will go to heaven,so the rest will be on the earth,doing Gods will.

Pierre

Hi T,
    Where does it say 144000 go to heaven??
    You tried before but failed to show this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Those of the Spirit still live in the flesh but are not led by the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It finally becomes apparent why so many are unable to understand spiritual things.
    I should have guessed.

They have no understanding of rebirth and have not submitted to the command of Jn3
    They cannot see the kingdom

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2012,22:11)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2010,10:11)

Pierre.

God Bless,  Jerry.

CO

Pierre

Hi T,
    Where does it say 144000 go to heaven??
    You tried before but failed to show this.

N

you do not believe in scriptures ;

Rev 14:3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

do you see more that are redeemed from the earth ?????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    They were standing on Mt Zion in Israel.

You will have to do better than that.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account