NZ's Darkest Day

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

My heart goes out to the victims, loved ones and all Muslims in New Zealand after 49 people were shot dead and dozens more injured as they worshipped in their mosque in a country that never knew terrorism. NZers are standing united against this evil act. Islamophobia must stop.

Miia
    Participant

Miia
    Participant

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…….What a crazy world we live in,  my heart goes out to all New Zealanders, I always thought that country was such a peaceful and beautiful country, but  thats the kind of world we live in, evil can breakout anywhere.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

New Zealand lost its innocence.

I remember when the police were unarmed and people use to leave money on the street for the milkman. You didn’t need to lock your house or car and a single murder would make the news for a year.

Despite being a huge distance from anywhere, it is still in the world though.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Christian holocaust receives little news. 150 Christians were killed in Nigeria in the last 3 weeks.

Miia
    Participant

Thanks Gene.

Miia
    Participant

T8, you don’t live in Nigeria you live in New Zealand.

Miia
    Participant

T8, Ed J,
    You have a heart of stone. If it was Christians murdered in worship in New Zealand you would have made a big show on your site, but as it was Muslims you refused to see them as brothers and sisters (and children), but you saw them as enemies, which is of great concern, especially as Ed J openly spills his hatred on this site.

You never even gave them mention. This is NOT NEW ZEALAND, and this is not Christianity. Even the POPE sent his condolences.

I will no longer be posting, or even clicking on this site, because it is dead.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Have you ever heard of Ed Dames?

Proclaimer
    Participant

T8, you don’t live in Nigeria you live in New Zealand.

Oh, thanks for correcting me. lol.

Just pointing out that Nigerians are as precious as New Zealanders, but they get little press.

Proclaimer
    Participant

You have a heart of stone. If it was Christians murdered in worship in New Zealand you would have made a big show on your site, but as it was Muslims you refused to see them as brothers and sisters (and children), but you saw them as enemies, which is of great concern, especially as Ed J openly spills his hatred on this site.

Not so. That is a false witness.

Ed J
    Participant

Not so. That is a false witness.

She is confused

Proclaimer
    Participant

Visited an obscure mosque hidden in the outer suburbs of Lower Hutt today. My wife picked some flowers from home to lay at the door. Amazing to see the support the Muslim community is getting in NZ. And there are multiple Give a Little campaigns that have raised millions of dollars to help the families of the victims.

Proclaimer
    Participant

My kids play football and they also play futsal, an indoor version of football from Brazil. Their coach represents New Zealand in this sport and the goal keeper of the New Zealand team was unfortunately one of the victims. Please pray for his family.

Miia
    Participant

T8,

If I bore false witness (to you), then I apologize.

Sorry to hear of the loss. I couldn’t imagine how to explain to children how or why this happened.

Please be careful of at least one member of your site…..

As Cynthia Miller said on the video (Al Jazeera). Quote: “Individuals can be much more radicalized in online way that it makes it harder to predict what’s happening….. When you have language that dehumanizes migrants or immigrants, that depicts migrants in really negative dangerous ways that deploys language of invasion, infection, you know all the kind of language we’ve heard about migrants and refugees.. that feeds this kind of radicalization and fear of the other that is at the root of a lot of these white supremacist movements.”

What some forget is that both Christians AND Muslims are killed in middle eastern countries. They forget the Christian crusades of the past. They forget the more recent invasion of countries like Iraq by the U.S and the killing of innocent civilians through aerial bombing (165,000 count), etc.

In each of the three Abraham religions, Christianity, Judaism and Islam there are radicals who take their books out of context.

I completely agree with the notion spoken by (some) Christian Bishops and leaders that ‘There is only God and He is the father of us all”. Each thinks THEY are right, and the other wrong.. but we are all human, and often it’s a matter of where we were born and what we were born into.

The outpouring of love in NZ is beautiful. It is what the Lord is about.

Miia
    Participant

But, things have changed in New Zealand now.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This attack wasn’t one religion attacking another. It was a racist attack. While this makes the news all over the world, it is also true that Christians are slaughtered every week in countries like Nigeria and the world turns a blind eye. And it is funny how this makes people irate when you bring it up, but it is the truth.

No murderer will enter the Kingdom of God. Why people murder or what name they murder in makes no difference to the fact that they are a murderer.

I also think one of the reasons we see attacks like this is because people are not allowed to talk about things they are worried about without being called racist, so it drives some crazy people and to take unspeakable action because there is no debate or outlet for their feelings. We should be allowed to discuss things in the open even if we do not agree. But it is not okay to attack, murder, and cause harm to others. Love does not act in such ways, that is how hate works. I see so much double standards today that it makes me wonder what the world will be like in 10 or 20 years. I am not confident that the world my kids will be adults in will be that great.

There is so much hate right now against the president of America for example, increasing hatred toward white people especially white males. Of course there is also hatred of other races no one is denying that, this has been going on for a very long time. To me none of this is okay. But for many, some of it is okay. If you hate white people you are racist. If you hate black people you are racist. Racism is not a thing that only one race propagates. But the sad thing I see today is that people call others racist when they are not. They do it to win an argument. It is wrong to do that. I believe we are allowed to disagree with things, but leave it at that. It should never stop us from loving our fellow man and helping each other.

Jesus taught us that we should obey two commandments. He made it simple. Love God and love man. He didn’t say we couldn’t disagree, He just said to love our fellow man as we love our-self. Love is not envious and it is kind and giving.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The outpouring of love in NZ is beautiful. It is what the Lord is about.

Yes I agree. New Zealand’s response has been amazing. Even those affected have said so. I saw some of them speaking about how great this country is on the news tonight.

Proclaimer
    Participant

You know Mila, some years ago, God brought Muslim friends into my life. Mostly from Iran. I spent a lot of time with one guy in particular and he invited me to meet the community on a number of occasions. This Iranian friend of mine told me straight. When he came to NZ, he could see immediately that God had blessed New Zealand more than Iran. He was perplexed. He eventually accepted that Jesus was his messiah. I have lost touch with him now and often wonder where he is.

One time he invited me for dinner at his friends place. We enjoyed a meal and they were talking about God. They seriously had their doubts about Islam. One of the guys said that Mohammed knew how to get people hooked into his religion by promising virgins in Heaven when you die. He said that it was obviously catering to the carnal nature of men. It made me realize that many are brought up Muslims in the same way many in New Zealand are Catholic. It is part of their culture, but not necessarily part of what they really believe.

I should mention that my friend wanted to become a Christian, but he just couldn’t accept that God was a Trinity. When he met me, we did bible studies on the subject. Eventually he was convinced that the bible taught that Jesus was the messiah and not God and he decided to follow Jesus Christ. It was amazing. Once he was free of forced religious dogma, he saw the message in the Bible and really gelled with it and believed it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account