JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 19,621 through 19,640 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……Mike is right, and so are we,  you still do not understand the Greek word “en” The actual meaning is “for the sake of” another words God created all thing for his  purpose what Jesus was. That was God the Fathers goal from the very start of his physical creation of this earth and everything in it.  It is his further purpose we all become exactly like Jesus .

Eph 4:13….Tell we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a “perfect” man, unto the measure of the stature of “the fulness” of Christ.

There it is as clear as you can get it.

Berean……here is what Paul said, and what we believe.

1 Titus 2:5….“for there is “one” God, and “one” mediator between God and men, “the man” Christ Jesus”.

Peaceand love to you and yours. …………gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

JESUS CHRIST IS THE WORD OF GOD MADE FLESH

JOHN 1:14

THIS IS HIS NAME

THE WORD OF GOD

REVELATION 19:13

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Berean: “About Acts 4:24

And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

There is no problem.”

Okay, they say, “Lord, THOU art God”, right? Who are they addressing?

Berean
    Participant

Mike
    They stood up to God.

Now, as I said before, authors don’t always mention…
    the “by whom” all things were done.
    In Colossians Paul mentions it:

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

1:16 For in him were created all things in heaven and earth, visible and invisible, thrones, dominions, dominions, authorities. All things were created by him and for him.

1:17 He is before all things, and all things abide in him.

Gene saith unto me

Berean…..Mike is right, and so are we, you still do not understand the Greek word “en” The actual meaning is “for the sake of” another words God created all thing for his purpose what Jesus was.

for the sake of ….

If we use this expression in the case of Colossians, we have for the end of the verse

Everything was created for the sake of him and for him.

There is an INNUTILE repetition

FOR THE SAJE OF HIM AND FOR HIM

This is all wrong.

I don’t think that’s the right translation…

To me, you use that phrase “for the sake of” wrong…because you and Gene …and so on… Deny the divinity of Christ

You can’t believe that God created all things BY Jesus Christ…

Father’s not happy about it.
    Neither Jesus

Review the Holy Scriptures, those of God and beware of false translations or interpretations.

Berean
    Participant

1:17 He is before all things, and all things abide in him.

JESUS existed before the creation of all things…
    It’s clear…

HE WAS WITH GOD AND HE WAS GOD…

AMEN

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Berean,

I don’t agree with “for the sake of him”. Gene was just saying that he and I agree that Jesus isn’t the Most High God. We also have many disagreements concerning Jesus, such as his preexistence.

But back to the prayer in Acts 4… You say they stood up and prayed to God. Who, in particular, is that God?

Berean
    Participant

Hi Mike

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him;

and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.(1 Corinthians 8:6)

The God ALL MIGHTY IS THE FATHER and Jesus is THE ONLY

BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD

BEGOTTEN IN ETERNITY PAST

BY THE FATHER GOD.

Micah 5:2

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Berean
    Participant

According to Micah 5:2
    Jesus at his ORIGIN in the eternity spent in God

Yes in God HIMSELF

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life IN HIMSELF;”(John 5:26)

THIS IS ORIGINAL LIFE

[4] In him was life  (John 1)

[42] Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Is your answer that the God they prayed to was the Father AND the Son? I can’t read between the lines and figure out your answer. Just tell me plainly… Who is the God they prayed to? What is his name?

Berean
    Participant

John 16
    [27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
    [28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world:

again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

1)  I came forth from the Father,

2)  and am come into the world:

3)  again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Berean
    Participant

God bless

Berean
    Participant

YAHWEH IS THE ONLY ONE GOD

MY GOD (ELOHIM)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay, so we agree that the God they prayed to was Yahweh. We therefore also agree that Yahweh is the one who created the heaven, the earth, the sea, and everything in them, right?

Berean
    Participant

Mike

I actually believe that the Father and the Son both of them participated in the creation of the world.
    In Genesis 1:26 it appears
    Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and let him have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:27 And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Proverbs 8
    The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
    23] I was established from eternity, from the beginning, where the earth has been for ever.
    When there were no abysses, I was born, when there were no plentiful springs of water.
    Before the mountains grew strong, before the hills rose, I was brought into the world:
    When the earth had not yet made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest peak of dust in the world.
    When he prepared the heavens, I was there, when he placed a compass on the face of the abyss:
    When he set the clouds on high, when he fortified the fountains of the abyss:
    When he commanded the sea that the waters should not exceed his command, when he laid the foundations of the earth:
    I was with him as he was exalted, and did his pleasure every day, rejoicing always before him;

Berean
    Participant

Segond bible verse 30 say

I was at work with him, and every day I did his delights, always playing in his presence,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Berean: “I actually believe that the Father and the Son both of them participated in the creation of the world.”

Me too. The Bible doesn’t explicitly say how that went down, but it says enough for us to know that Jesus was “the firstborn of every creature” and “the beginning of the creation by God”.

Proverbs 8 NIV

22 “The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old;

23 I was formed long ages ago, at the very beginning, when the world came to be.

24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth, when there were no springs overflowing with water;

25 before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth…”

The wording “brought forth”, “formed”, and “given birth” indicates that Yahweh created Jesus as the beginning of his works. Then other scriptures clearly say that Yahweh created all things THROUGH Jesus. We’re not told the specifics, but we know that he who creates is one, and he through whom the thing is created is another, right?

Just like Hebrews 1:1-2 and Revelation 1:1… He who revealed the prophesies is one, and he through whom the prophesies were revealed to us is another.

Acts 2:22 NIV
    Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

Again, he who performed the signs and wonders is one, and he through whom the signs and wonders were performed is another. Yahweh also performed signs and wonders through Moses, Aaron, Elijah, etc, right? That very fact makes it clear that these men were not the God who performed those signs and wonders through them. Likewise, Jesus cannot BE the God who spoke, created, and performed miracles THROUGH him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BEREAN…..”unless you be born again” you can’t inter the kingdom of God,  Jesus was the first of all creation to be born again, the first to be resurected to life eternal from the grave.  He therefore is the first born of all creation.

Non of that has anything to do with him preexisting pryor to his berth on this earth.  You are still forcing scriptures to say what infact they are not actually saying.

Peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

Berean
    Participant

I don’t know what you’re talking about?

Berean
    Participant

Gene

You mean Proverbs 8, which has nothing to do with the pre-existence of Jesus?

Berean
    Participant

Gene
    You mean Proverbs 8, which has nothing to do with the pre-existence of Jesus?
    And Colossians 1
    Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    [16] For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, ….
    This shows that Christ was born directly from the Father and that He is the reflection of the Father and that He is omnipotent.

AMEN

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 19,621 through 19,640 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account