JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 19,381 through 19,400 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

the context will in fact tell you what the word spirit is ,

but you cannot be carnally inclined ,meaning that your mind and heart have to in focus to the things of God and not to the things of the earth ,

it say ;that God is spirit and we must worship (communicate)him in spirit but also in truth ,

those are the key factors ,

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

“the things of the earth” the words are correct but some interpret them to be the physical, mental, or like of the earth when most times it is being stated in a spiritual context.

“the things of the earth” often means the desires of the flesh and the deeds thereof.

A natural human is a human with the mind on the satisfying the things, desires, of this world and not on satisfying the things, desires, of God.

A Spiritual human is therefore a godly minded human or simply a godly human.

In that sense Paul was a godly even why he was persecuting Christians because his mind was a slave to the Law but his humanity was a slave to sin, in short a pitiful wretch. It is that intellect of the soul(?) that finally brought and allowed God to save him through Jesus Christ. (Romans 7)

I use Paul to reveal that even a man that had not yet been conceived of the Spirit of God may in some way be a Spiritual man. One conceived of the Spirit is even more so a Spiritual human.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi all apostate

the day you can read the scriptures the way it was written we will talk ,you just don’t like the truth in scriptures you have to make your own version of it ,

I cannot do that

John 1;1 should be “a god” (Post #8212547)

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin
    It is that intellect of the soul(?) that finally brought and allowed God to save him through Jesus Christ. (Romans 7)
    ============================================================================
    all you say is true ,but you forgot one thing in which you are wrong (the above )

it was Paul love for the truth of God that saved him ,for he as been deceived by those that teached him ,the quality to love truth has to be in you for the word of truth of God to have any will for you ,

terraricca
    Participant

ED

John 1;1 should be “a god”
    ============================================
    it as to be “a god”

1) the one with God is another than the one he his with,
    2) scriptures tells that the son comes from heaven
    3)Jesus his the “WORD ” OF GOD HIS FATHER
    4) Jesus his the only image of God his father ;and the first creation of God
    5) all things have been created through him and for him

could be more ,

the reason why you try to make your denil a truth is because you rejecting the apostles teachings for your own ,

so like Nick you are an apostate

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..The spirit “of” your mind, is what makes up the thinking comming “from” your mind, they are connected and act as one. “Let this “mind” be “in” you that was “in” Christ JESUS our lord”. And again “We are being “transformed” by the “renewing” of our minds”. We are told. The spirit is what controls and makes up the mind , therefore as JESUS SAID OF THEMAN WHO RECIEVED UNCLEAN SPIRITS THAT WERE SEVEN TIMESWORSE THEWHATHE FIRST HAD, “THE LAST “STATE” OF THAT MAN WAS WORSE THEN THE FIRST STATE”. A STATE THERE IS REFERENCI G HIS MEANTAL STATE. IMO

I really don’t think you can seperate the mimd from the spirit, we also have scriptures that say if God were to withdraw his spirit everything would die. ALL physical creation that has life “in” it is MAINTAINED BY that SPIRIT “IN” IT. GOD gives all his physical creation spirit, or better yet he gives the spirit a “body” just as it pleases him. Spirit causes everthing in creation to act as it does all animals including human being. The physical matter with spirit “in” it is what a “living” soul is. IMO

I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING CAN ACTUALLY LIVE WITHOUT SPIRIT IN IT, BOTH NOW AND IN THE FUTURE. BECAUSE TO ME, SPIRIT IS WHAT LIFE, IT SELF IS. ALL THINGS ACT OUT, ACCORDING TO THE SPIRITS WORKING IN THEM.

JUST THE WAY I SEE IT NICK.

peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

all you say is true ,but you forgot one thing in which you are wrong (the above )
    it was Paul love for the truth of God that saved him ,for he as been deceived by those that teached him ,the quality to love truth has to be in you for the word of truth of God to have any will for you ,

Jesus stated God’s worshipers would worship him in spirit and truth and Paul desired to do that but did not have the Spirit to walk by.

In addition God stated that he would write the Law in the minds and on the hearts of those that entered the new covenant so Paul hungered and thirsted for that to happen and then it did when he learned to walk according to the Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I remember Mike arguing it meant a god but Philo of Alexandria, a Jew who spoke Koine Greek fluently and lived during the time of Jesus, tells his hearers that God without “the” meant the qualities of God. Mike is using a manuscript in a foreign language that was centuries later and unlike Philo has a reason to be biased. Philo’s interpretation works in English as well. The thing is “a god” actually means the same thing in English as well. So it essentially a meaningless argument over words unless you want to cheery pick a newer definition to support your own doctrine.

Ed is a fairly strict Av of the KJ adherent so unless you can convince him its wording is wrong you have no credibility as far as he is concerned. Your argument does not bear weight with me because it is vain and the Christ is foretold to be a human being.

Jesus asked how is the Christ the chief son of David and the answer is in accordance to his humanity. So why does David call him “my Lord” and the answer is that Jesus is the chief son of God according to his conception through the Spirit.

You are following a strange teaching that arose soon after the death of Christ and is addressed in the book of Hebrews. Since you do not believe it you will believe me when I say the same thing.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

I study this very carefully

just answer my five points and tell me if they are wrong for if not “a god” is the very truth ;

if you can prove my five points wrong then you are right it should be “God ”

so do tell me with scriptures prove not your opinion

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
    Ed J
    Participant

so like Nick you are an apostate

apostate:
    abandoning a religious or political belief or principle. [b](Link)[/b]

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrrarica,

1) the one with God is another than the one he his with,

Your point is speculative because Scripture does not mention any creature existing with God before he created the heavens and the earth.

Instead Scripture states the word goes forth from God’s mouth and will not return to be with him void. (Isaiah 55:11) Poetic but Scripture is often poetic but don’t let that confuse you.

Scripture does state the word was with God in the beginning because it did not come of his mouth until he created the first thing that was created and that thing was created by it. The word is God where “is” means “has the qualities”. For example God us Love.

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca,

2) scriptures tells that the son comes from heaven

It also teaches us that a human must be “born again” but that each of us must reenter our mother’s wombs to be born again as it is speaking of being born from above and not about being born from a womb.

FYI: The Koine Greek word translated again means both “anew” and “above”. As you see some of the meaning is lost in translation.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

3)Jesus his the “WORD ” OF GOD HIS FATHER

John actually states the word took on the qualities of humanity which means the word is Jesus. He is definitely emphasizing the word that comes out of God’s mouth over Jesus. That emphasis may continue in Revelations 19 or it may not. It is the same as emphasizing the Spiritual over the physical in cases such as stating “you must be born again-from-above.”

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

why are you denying the scriptures and only turning to a part of the scriptures and ignoring the others

what about ;Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”
    Jn 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
    Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
    Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

could you combine all those scriptures and tell me of whom they talking ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Your opinions do not match the veracity of scripture and muddy the water for others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Paul did not have the Spirit to walk by?

Then who did the miracles and raised the dead and spoke the words you cling to?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am speaking of Paul’ state before he received the Spirit; a time when his mind warred with his flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi  KW,

Ok

With all your mysticism it gets confusing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Do you think Rom 7 relates to this time?

If so why and if not where does he speak of it?

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

yeah that is what i was expecting ? silense …………………………………………..

Viewing 20 posts - 19,381 through 19,400 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account