JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 19,301 through 19,320 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

Apart from the angels

ordinary people.

terraricca
    Participant

ED
    so were they sons of God ? or became Sons of God through a process ? given by Jesus the Christ

and not by the will of man but by the will of God through his son ,

and yet did they needed to be in possession of something prior to becoming a son of God ?

answer to questions and let see how they became sons of the most high

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK…YOU AND KERWIN ARE RIGHT? JESUS is a son of GOD JUST AS WE ARE, THROUGH RECIEVING THE SPIRIT OF GOD INTO US, WHICH GIVES US THE RIGHT TO pray “OUR FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN”. JUST THE SAME AS JESUS DID, We have become brother of JESUS, through that SAME ABIDING SPURIT OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. WE do not seperate Jesus’ idenity from our own, with the FATHER, we are now the childern of GOD, BY THAT SAME ABIDING SPIRIT. NOT SOMUCH AS AN OUNCE OF DIFFERENCE.

BLESSEDARE ALL YOU WHO UNDERSTAND THIS.

peace and love to you and yours. ….gene.

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

look how you agree with those people and deny the scriptures ;

MT 27:43 “HE TRUSTS IN GOD; LET GOD RESCUE Him now, IF HE DELIGHTS IN HIM; for He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’ ”

MT 27:54 Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!

LK 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, “ The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

JN 3:18 “ He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

JN 5:25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

JN 11:27 She *said to Him, “Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world.”

JN 11:4 But when Jesus heard this, He said, “This sickness is not to end in death, but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it.”

JN 1:34 “I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God.”

LK 22:70 And they all said, “Are You the Son of God, then?” And He said to them, “ Yes, I am.”

and you claim yourself a believer in the scriptures ? yeah like most in here as long that they can change it to what they want ,sick

and Gene the scriptures don’t say that he is “ONE OF GOD’S SONS ” IT SAYS ” HE IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD ” THIS MAKE HIM UNIQUE

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca. ….HE IS THE “ONLY BEGOTTEN” AT THIS TIME AND AND AT THE TIME THAT WAS SAID. AND WHEN DID I EVER SAY JESUS WAS NOT THE SON OF GOD, HE WAS a son of God just as Adam was physically, and he was a son of GOD SPERITUALLY, JUST AS WE WHO HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD ARE. DI YOU WANT ME TO LIST OVER EIGHTY SCRIPTURES THAT SHOW HIM AS A SON OF MAN TO.

HE CERTANILY IS ONE OF THE SON OF GOD,SCRIPTURE SAY, “JESUS IS THE “FIRST BORN” OF “MANY BROTHERN”, NEED SCRIPTURE I SURE CAN GET IT FOR YOU IF SOME HOW YOU DON’T RECALL IT.

YOU ARE RIGHT WE DO DENY WHAT YOU SAY BECAUSE YOU ARE PREACHING THE SAME THINGS THAT ALL CHRISTENDOM PREACH, SO YOU DEFINETENLY ARE IN THE MAJORITIES OF DECIEVED CHRISTANITY, that is for sure. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

you are not worthy for me to answer you when you can stand behind your own words than we talk

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,

Are other people not to WORTHY to talk with you?

Yet you do not have a spiritual understanding of scripture.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

if you going not to stand with your own words then like Jesus I will send you to your father the devil

if you do not believe the scriptures what are you doing here ?

terraricca
    Participant

Nick
    Yet you do not have a spiritual understanding of scripture.
    =============================================================

John 1:1-3
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

1 John 1:1-3
    That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

However, it is also written that God made all things through his son.

Hebrews 1:2
    but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Colossians 1:15-17
    He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities– all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

1 Corinthians 8:6
    yet there is for us only one God, the Father, who is the Creator of all things and for whom we live; and there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created and through whom we live.

There seems to be a direct link with the Word and the Son in the above verses as both are said to be the agent by which God created all things. Or did God make all things through his Word as well as the Son? If there was a time when there was only God and his Word as we read in John 1:1-3, then know that Jesus is not only described in similar terms as that Word but that he is actually called the Word of God too.

Revelation 19:13
    He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

It seems that with God making all things through his Word, through his Son, and even through Wisdom, this either means that these are all different agents, thus God invoked a number of things to create the Universe, or they are one and the same, i.e., the Word is Jesus Christ before he was called Jesus. Christ.

We are told that the Word became flesh and that is an obvious reference in a book devoted to Jesus Christ in a passage of scripture about the origins of Jesus Christ. So this either means that Jesus was newly created from the Word as some teach or that he is the Word but took on another form, that of flesh when he came to earth. The latter seems the more likely explanation given that God created all things through the Son and the Word and that Jesus Christ is even called the ‘Word of God’.

Even if there were no direct references for Jesus being the Word of God, there would still be a whole raft of other verses to contend with. These verses speak of Jesus existence before he came as a man (outside of mentioning the Word).

“Before Abraham, I am”, – John 8:58“to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.” – Jude 1:25,He is before all things, and in him all things hold together – Colossians 1:17.etc.
    Finally, we are told to not trust in the flesh, so if Jesus is only flesh, then should we trust him? After all we are explicitly taught that we are cursed if we trust in man. When we trust Jesus, are we trusting in man or the Word of God?

Jeremiah 17:5
    This is what the LORD says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD.

For more on this subject try this writing:
    Did Jesus pre-exist before his birth on earth

the day you would accept those scriptures you will be considered alive but for now you are just dead spiritually dead

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

Your confusion would vanish if you really could hear the Spirit in Jesus Christ.

John said he spoke the words of God but you call him a liar too?

terraricca
    Participant

hi N

Hi t,

Your confusion would vanish if you really could hear the Spirit in Jesus Christ.

John said he spoke the words of God but you call him a liar too?
    ============================================================================

did you now believe the scriptures i have shown you ,or are you still not accept them ? and keep your opinions as truth and call others liars when they follow the scriptures ? unbelievable,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

So you are the owner of truth and all others just have opinions.

I see where your idea of your superior WORTHINESS comes from.

Ed J
    Participant

ED
    so were they sons of God ? or became Sons of God through a process ? given by Jesus the Christ

and not by the will of man but by the will of God through his son ,

and yet did they needed to be in possession of something prior to becoming a son of God ?

answer to questions and let see how they became sons of the most high

Pierre,

Your questions are so convoluted that I don’t know what you are asking;
    ask clear and concise questions and I will certainly answer. 🙂

terraricca
    Participant

ED

tell me do you believe in the scriptures I showed Nick
    or you have also a seeing problem and a ear problem ;

amazing how people become deaf to the words they don’t like to ear ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

Sadly the problem is with you.

Not everyone else.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Do not get on me for what Paul said to Timothy.

Paul stated is was the human Jesus Christ, who gave his life for everyone.

I am just the messenger.

Here is another passage that states much the same thing.

Hebrews 2:14-15Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

“I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me” (John 6:38)

There are two origins for Jesus written in Scripture. On has him as the son of David-Solomon and the other has him as the Son of David-Nathan. I am not sure which one is through Mary since both lines are credited to Joseph on his father’s side. One of those is is genetic origins and the other is his presumed paternal line. His body is of the earth and the son of God-Adam. It came from God in the sense God made it.

God also gave Jesus his Spirit and God’s Spirit come down from heaven.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me,
    he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and
    we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John 14:23)

It is the unity of the Spirit. “One” means united.

John 17:20-23Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

The words ” And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them” is speaking of the Spirit of God.

There is only one Spirit in the unity of the Spirit that is enumerated.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

• The angels were made already possessing the Spirit of God.
    • Adam and Eve may have been made possessing it as well since they were made upright.
    • Jesus was made with it as well.
    • Believers from fallen humanity were sinners before receiving it.
    • God has eternally had it but as the source he is the Parent and not one of the children.
    Ed J
    Participant

ED

tell me do you believe in the scriptures I showed Nick
    or you have also a seeing problem and a ear problem ;

amazing how people become deaf to the words they don’t like to ear ,

Pierre,

I believe in Scripture: “AKJV Bible”
    The NIV is not scripture but a corrupt book

Viewing 20 posts - 19,301 through 19,320 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account