JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 19,121 through 19,140 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Yes they drank of the Spirit.

The Spirit of Christ.

Your focus is always on the man.

dig deeper

Ed J
    Participant

if we deny that .[b]Jesus is THE LOGOS[/b]. then we have fail in our faith and not come to know the one God our father send down to fulfill the law and redeem us of our sins

Hi Pierre,

…………………………………..Ho Logos = Spirit

NOT SO! – I see that you are still trying to tie the salvation of others to your personal doctrinal beliefs

terraricca
    Participant

hi Ed

to bad you cannot present scriptures to that claim of yours

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

Go back to page 1 – where I present much scripture proving your preconceived idea to be false.

terraricca
    Participant

hi Ed

I don’t want your opinions but just one or two scriptures will do it ,providing that they do not break other scriptures if we take your opinion for a truth ,

simple

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

If you don’t want to go back to the beginning of the thread to see the proof that is your choice.

Ed J
    Participant

hi Ed

I don’t want your opinions but just one or two scriptures will do it ,providing that they do not break other scriptures if we take your opinion for a truth ,

simple

…………………………………….Ho Logos = Spirit

“The sower soweth “The Word”. And these are they by the way side, where “The Word” is sown; but when
    they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away “The Word” that was sown in their hearts.” (Mark 4:14-15)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Do you doubt that the Spirit abides in the written Word?

Yet you tell us it is spiritual?

terraricca
    Participant

hi ED

this scripture is quite well descriptive of what it says but the word ,in that scripture mean written words heard or read,

but in revelation it calls it a name and it called it THE WORD OF GOD , you this scripture break yours and also breaks your opinion

I use to know a man called SPRINGWATER John, do you think he was springwater ? of cause not ,so read the context and open your eyes ,

so far you haven proving me wrong yet, with scriptures .

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I quoted Scripture that stated that the Law is Spiritual.

I did not tell you anything except that the spiritual food and drink of the children of Israel was the Law of Moses.

Technically I only pointed that out to @t8

I could have said more such as to venture that Moses wrote the Law as he was carried along by the Spirit of Christ.

I also could have pointed out the words of the Law are Spirit but natural humans do not understand them that way.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@kerwin

Then Christ must be the Law of Moses for that is the Spiritual food and drink they ate according to Scripture.

Of course we should read the whole sentence and even that might be best to read in context.

Great idea Kerwin. Now read my whole post and in context (i.e., the reply to Nick).

You will see some interesting things such as I never claimed or implied anything that you said in your post/quote.

I was simply pointing out the irony of Nick’s post. He claims that Christ is a man in that post, so I gave him that scripture about Christ in the OT which would then contradict his own doctrine.

How can a man be led by the Spirit if he keeps getting the wrong end of the stick Kerwin. It happens a lot my friend. The Spirit would not lead you to misinterpret and always come to the wrong conclusion right? What do you think? Is it fair what I just said to you? After all, God is aware of what I posted. So where is your reply coming from if you derive an incorrect meaning. Regardless of where, it cannot be God.

BTW, you are not the only one who consistently arrives at a wrong conclusion in these forums. Some others whether intentional or not misconstrue or misrepresent what I say. This is not good. It doesn’t show a good spirit that is for sure. But if you or others are innocent and just made lots of honest mistakes, then perhaps some people are out of their depth. We should know what God has given us to do.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8….WHAT NICK HAS SAID IN RESPONSE TO YOU IS CORRECT, JESUS HIMSELF IS NOT THE CHRISTO’S, writen about as following the childern of ISREAL IN THE WILDERNESS, HE IS A MAN THAT HAD THE “ANOINTED” SPIRIT OF GOD ON HIM, as a result a HUMAN “MESSIAH”. The Spirit iself OF GOD AND CAME TO ABIDE IN THE HUMAN BEING JESUS, JESUS did not preexist his berth on this earth.

While the word CHRIST CAN IMPLY the man JESUS, it only does it in the context of him, as the human being who is the “anointed one of God”.

YOUR question of how can a man be led by the SPIRIT and keep getting the wrong end of the stick, best fits you in my opinion. If you can’t see that the SPIRIT is the CHRISTO’S and not the man JESUS, AS YOU AND MOST ALL CHRISTENDOM ASSUME.

peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

kerwin
    Participant

@t8,

FYI

I was responding to the misuse of that passage as it is often used as evidence of the preexistence of Christ.

The bottom line is they did not have Christ or he would not have had to die on the cross. They had the Law of Moses to instruct them on what sin was. It lacked power even though is was of the Spirit of Christ.

Instead, in 1 Corinthians 10:1-4 Paul was using the time in the wilderness with its promised land yet to come to illustrate the something about the current age where we are also in the wilderness immersed in Christ but not yet obtaining the world to come. Its symbolic use is not good for teaching us about the actual time in the wilderness as its Spiritual purpose is to teach of the current age.

Another example of this is to consider Jesus uses cleaning the outside or inside of a cup and a dish as a symbol of cleaning the visible action or invisible motivation. The teaching is true for washing away impure motivation leading to pure actions but was the inside of an actual dish does not clean the outside. A Spiritual individual knows the teaching is not about the physical and so does not get lost in the letter of Scripture. Even some natural individuals have good enough vision to see that.

End FYI

But as to what you were addressing by citing the verse. It was part of your answer to Nick’s claim that the Spirit of God = the Spirit of Christ = the Holy Spirit. I agree with his claim. I once of the mind that the spirit of Christ was Jesus’ human spirit and the Spirit of God was God’s own Spirit but that does not sit right with claim that there is only one Spirit in the Unity of the Spirit. It does sit with some words of Jesus I found harder to understand but over time their meaning has been revealed to different than that false hypothesis. Had I gotten bogged down in the letter and blinded myself to contradictions with the words of Ephesians about the unity of the Spirit then I might still be blind to those later revelations.

Sorry for the many words.

kerwin
    Participant

@t8,

I do think Paul was using the correlation between the Law and Christ in his teaching but even then it is a loose correlation much like claiming the people of that age were immersed in Moses.

I was not implying you thought anything of the type though I was being sarcastic by interpreting it literally.

I also voiced my thoughts on the issue as I later did with some additional thoughts to Nick.

kerwin
    Participant

@t8,

I am a student and seeming not very skilled at being one. Any errors in my words are 100% mine though Satan and his minions certainly do not make it easy. Only the truth comes from God.

Ed J
    Participant

I am a student and seeming not very skilled at being one.

Hi Kerwin,

That’s right – when you keep trying to present yourself as a teacher, you fail at being a good student.

terraricca
    Participant

hi,Ed

1SA 9:27 As they were going down to the edge of the city, Samuel said to Saul, “Say to the servant that he might go ahead of us and pass on, but you remain standing now, that I may proclaim the word of God to you.”

2SA 16:23 The advice of Ahithophel, which he gave in those days, was as if one inquired of the word of God; so was all the advice of Ahithophel regarded by both David and Absalom.

you can see that the above scriptures shows clearly that they where talking about the scrolls of the law given by Moses ;

but the next one is not so;

1CH 17:3 It came about the same night that the word of God came to Nathan, saying,

now we can see that it is someone to came to the prophet and spoke to him and his name was “THE WORD OF GOD”

1KI 12:22 But the word of God came to Shemaiah the man of God, saying,

THIS ONE IS THE SAME those two scriptures shows that “THE WORD ” of God his a person and not a scroll or scrolls

REV 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

the above scripture show very clearly that it is of Jesus that John talks about and no one else ,

and so yes when Jesus said he came from above it was true and very real ,for no man born from adam could save anyone of us for he would be a sinner,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jesus made it very plain he was a son of Adam[man]

So do the holy scriptures in acts 2.22 and 1 tim 2.5

But those who follow tradition have other ideas.

Ed J
    Participant

hi,Ed

1SA 9:27 As they were going down to the edge of the city, Samuel said to Saul, “Say to the servant that he might go ahead of us and pass on, but you remain standing now, that I may proclaim the word of God to you.”

2SA 16:23 The advice of Ahithophel, which he gave in those days, was as if one inquired of the word of God; so was all the advice of Ahithophel regarded by both David and Absalom.

you can see that the above scriptures shows clearly that they where talking about the scrolls of the law given by Moses ;

but the next one is not so;

1CH 17:3 It came about the same night that the word of God came to Nathan, saying,

now we can see that it is someone to came to the prophet and spoke to him and his name was “THE WORD OF GOD”

1KI 12:22 But the word of God came to Shemaiah the man of God, saying,

THIS ONE IS THE SAME those two scriptures shows that “THE WORD ” of God his a person and not a scroll or scrolls

REV 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Hi Pierre,

…………………………..Ho Logos = Spirit

“the word of the Lord of hosts came to me, saying” (Zech 8:1)
    “The Word” is the Spirit of the LORD; not Jesus.

“Then Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah came near, and smote Micaiah upon the cheek, and said,
    Which way went the Spirit of the LORD from me to speak unto thee?” (2 Chron 18:23)

…………………………..Ho Logos = Spirit

“Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?
    I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread
    them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled
    upon my garments
    , and I will stain all my raiment.” (Isaiah 63:2-3)

”But they rebelled, and vexed his HolySpirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy,
    and he fought against them.”
    (Isaiah 63:10)

“And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.” (Rev 19:13)

the above scriptures show very clearly that it’s the Spirit of God
    that 2 Chron, Isaiah, and REV 19:13 are all talksing about and no one else!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

Viewing 20 posts - 19,121 through 19,140 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account