JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,941 through 18,960 (of 25,930 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus said his words were given to him by the Father.

But you think he was free to talk about himself?

You are a mouthpiece for tradition it seems.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..I ask you on the preexistence thread to tell us who was speaking inReveations to the Seven Chureches , was it THE MAN JESUS or was it the SPIRIT OF GOD SPEAKING THROUGH HIM, or was it both speaking, esus told usthat it wasthe Spirit speaking and sais to him that has the ears to hear let him hear what the spirit is saying. So tell us was it the spirit or the MAN Jesus?

Now if it were JESUS SPEAKING, THEN why not JUST say, hear what I am saying, instead of what the SPIRIT WAS SAYING? NOW IF Jesus now existes as a Spirit then no point saying, “what the “SPIRIT WAS SAYING” NOW WOULD THERE BE?

T8…..JESUS is not the CHRISTO’S that is THE SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD and he rwcieved it into him at his baptizm, NICK AND I HAVE BOTH TOLS YOU THE TRUTH ON THIS, KERWIN ALSO I BELIEVE UNDERSTANDS THE CRHISTO’S IS NOT the man Jesus but was what came to abide “IN” HIM. THIS IS ALSO EVIDENT IN WHAT HE SAID TO THE SEVEN CHURCHES IN ASIA.

peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

Did the other prophets talk about themselves in this way?

Not to the some degree of course because they were servants, and Jesus the son.

However, off the top of my head, John said he was a voice shouting in the wilderness and perhaps other prophets claimed things that were right to claim.

When Jesus said, “Before Abraham, I am”, he spoke the truth.

Proclaimer
    Participant

T8…..I ask you on the preexistence thread to tell us who was speaking inReveations to the Seven Chureches , was it THE MAN JESUS or was it the SPIRIT OF GOD SPEAKING THROUGH HIM, or was it both speaking, esus told usthat it wasthe Spirit speaking and sais to him that has the ears to hear let him hear what the spirit is saying. So tell us was it the spirit or the MAN Jesus?

The answer Gene is in Revelation 1, the first chapter.

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show his servants what must happen soon. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who gives witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ by reporting what he saw.

Notice that God gave it to Jesus Christ, but also note that the Revelation is about Jesus Christ.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why would his own history be relevant if his role was as a spokesperson for God?

His history is relevant because God made all things for him and through him. The last book in the Bible is dedicated to him and much of the Old Testament is prophecy pertaining to him. Even the gospels are about him and in the letters of Paul, Jesus plays a central role. The reason as to his importance is simple. He is our head as while he has a head who is God and our God, knowing the son’s credentials are important, because his name is the only one under heaven whereby we can be saved. Further, we see the invisible God through his son who is the exact representation of his being. This is the one who laid his life down for you so that you can live. He is the one who takes us to God. There is no one more important than him besides God himself.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

1) I hear you saying that you want to agree with Isaiah 44:24, but that you really don’t.
    That God created the heavens alone, and God created the earth by himself,
    except wink wink God really had his son helping him.

2) And in Genesis it’s said over and over “God said”
    …Let there be light …Let the earth bring forth grass
    …Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind
    …Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

So here it is clear to me that “The Word” is something that “God said”.
    You are of course free to believe that “The Word” is someone other that God,
    but I must point out that goes against John 1:1 which says: “and the word was God”.
    And what I hear you saying in this regard is: “the word was God”, but wink wink, not really.

…and mind you, that’s what I hear AFTER your explanations.

But no sweat, after all we are not saved based on our doctrinal beliefs, but
    instead on believing in God’s son’s sacrifice for our sins, AND how we treat others.
    Glad to see our relationship is back to what it was before our heated “HotSeat” encounters!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Ed j.

Did God create all things alone? Yes / No

Did God create you alone? Yes / No

Were you created through your parents? Yes / No

Proclaimer
    Participant

instead on believing in God’s son’s sacrifice for our sins, AND how we treat others.

Good 🙂

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes God has the logos within him. No one is doubting that. I thought we were talking about the Logos that was with God, the one that became flesh, the one that is Jesus Christ who is called by that name.

Likewise truth is in God and so is life. Jesus is called these too and he is not God.

I know a girl called Grace. Grace is an attribute of God too.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Some of what you say sounds correct but your statement:

is flawed as it is in itself a doctrinal belief.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed j.

(1)Did God create all things alone? Yes / No

(2)Did God create you alone? Yes / No

(3)Were you created through your parents? Yes / No

Hi T8,

1) Yes (ref. Isaiah 44:24)

2) No, God created Adam and Eve.
    “And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind”
    My parents created me, my Grand parents did NOT created me through my parents, and neither did God.

3) Yes, see point #2.

If you are going to try to force your belief to sound correct, you are
    going to have to ask two and three part questions like MikeBoll use to ask.
    But as I pointed out in the HotSeat rules thread, that this practice is most unfair. [b](Link)[/b]

Ed J
    Participant

Good 🙂

(:

Ed J
    Participant

Yes God has the logos within him. No one is doubting that. I thought we were talking about the Logos that was with God, the one that became flesh, the one that is Jesus Christ who is called by that name.

Likewise truth is in God and so is life. Jesus is called these too and he is not God.

I know a girl called Grace. Grace is an attribute of God too.

spin

transitive verb
    3b : to evolve, express, or fabricate by processes of mind or imagination [b](Link)[/b]

PS. I asked you a question in the HotSeat rules thread twice now, will you please respond to it?

Ed J
    Participant

If you are going to try to force your belief to sound correct, you are
    going to have to ask two and three part questions like MikeBoll use to ask.
    But as I pointed out in the HotSeat rules thread, that this practice is most unfair. [b](Link)[/b]

Hi T8,

And I also pointed out that a forced choice between two wrong statements is likewise unfair…

1. Ed J, I’m right and your wrong because you say your source material is correct
    or
    2. Ed J, I’m right and your wrong because what you said I believe is wrong

Ed J, choose 1 or 2 or receive a tile.

Clarify…

1) Agree that the bible is wrong
    or
    2) Agree that you are wrong

Ed J, choose 1 or 2 or receive a tile.

Conclusion:
    trying to force anyone to agree to two equally wrong statements is not Christian ethical behavior,
    I hope you will instead stick to asking one part y/n questions, which are geared
    to clarify another’s position, rather than trying to entrap them.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

Some of what you say sounds correct but your statement:

is flawed as it is in itself a doctrinal belief.

See T8,

You can’t please everybody.

“A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not:
    but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.” (Prov 14:6)

Ed J
    Participant

“I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.” (Prov 8:12)

Ed J
    Participant

Did God create you alone? Yes / No

No, God created Adam and Eve.
    “And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind”
    My parents created me, my Grand parents did NOT create me through my parents, and neither did God.

Hi T8,

Too bad you will likely miss the obvious here, so I will clearly spell it out for you…
    If your logic is to hold true here, you now have all parents helping God create by himself and alone.
    You may say: “yea, that’s it” – but I don’t buy it, should I use your idiom: “that would be grasping at straws”

Now instead of God creating all things by himself and alone through Jesus (death on a cross),
    you now have God creating all things by himself and alone through all parents. So how does
    Jesus fit into the formula then? At least I heard you say (in essence) “I don’t know”. [b](Link)[/b]

1. God created all things alone and by himself
    2. God created all things through Jesus

Conclusion:
    Believing that ‘THROUGH’ means ‘a silent helper’ is disharmonious with the words “alone” and “by myself”
    My theory brings harmony rather then a helper: God created all things through Jesus’ death on a cross.

Ed J
    Participant

“Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour:
    but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a
    voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” (John 12:27-28)
    “And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven,
    even the Son of man which is in heaven.” (John 3:13)
    the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world” (Rev 13:8)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..So then to you the SPIRIT “IS” JESUS, THEN WHY IS HE CALLED THE “CHRISTO’S” WHEN IN YOU VIEW he is the spirit already, no need for him to be “THE ANOINTED ONE”, now was there, seening, he already is and was the spirit already, right? .

IN FACT, why deny JESUS IS GOD, SEENING HE IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD THAT WAS “IN” HIM ANYWAY, YOU do not seem to believe God THE FATHER was “IN” him you believe he is THE SPIRIT OF GOD HIMSELF. So your view as JESUS BENING THE SPIRIT SPEAKING IN REVELAIONS TO THE SEVEN CHURCHES , PROCLUDES GOD from having to do with it. I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOU, because if we believe JESUS IS SPEking someone eleses words to us ,then that obvisely makes himnot the author of those words, even in what you said proves that, it was GOD THE FATHER WHO GAVE HIM THOSE WORDS, HOW, SEENING NO MAN HAS EVER “SEEN” GOD,WAS ITNOT BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD THAT ABIDES “IN” HIM?

YOUR DENIAL OF the spirit comming to be in the man Jesus, is a denial of the work of God in all, humanity. and works to move Jesus away from us all. JESUS WAS NOT BORN the CHRISTO’S, HE BECAME him at his baptizm whenthe christo’s decended down from heaven and came to be in the FLESH MAN JESUS. He was not the CHRISTO’S UNTILL IT ACTUALLY TOOK PLACE. NICK AND I BOTH ARE RIGHT ON THIS T8. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

kerwin
    Participant

I am removing this post because I might have misassigned it and I cannot find the post I was answering.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
Viewing 20 posts - 18,941 through 18,960 (of 25,930 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account