JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,821 through 18,840 (of 25,930 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

Hi Kerwin. I would think God’s presence and the Spirit are the same thing.

I cannot say for sure but it seems more likely they will not be if I look into the matter further. I know so little I cannot eliminate the possibility the Psalmist is using repetition as emphasis.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

You misquote Jesus and then try to use the words as a cudgel

Take care.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

(1)Your assembly of boxes has just been broken.

(2)God pours out His Spirit. Jl 2

Hi Nick,

1) Ha ha ha, you’re funny

2) Yes Nick, God will pour out his spirit on all flesh (Jl 2)

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,
    I cannot see how this is not the description of blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 10:26-31Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
    26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
    Ed J
    Participant

Ed,
    I cannot see how this is not the description of blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

Hi Kerwin,

Are you suggesting that muslims are blaspheming against the Holy Spirit? …because
    they count the blood of the covenant, wherewith you were sanctified, as an unholy thing?
    Have they (muslims) not trodden under foot the Son of God? …as they kill and behead Christians?

“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done
    it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” (Matt 25:40)

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

1) Not sure what you mean? Can you ask the same question
    but use different wording so I can ascertain your question?

Is it alright for Christians to lie using the authority of God?

It the same authority God gave to Jesus and the Holy Spirit has as an extension of God.

The rest of what I said tied into it.

I am confident it is safer to be a student that admits to not knowing all things than a teaches who neither admits nor knows less than their believe they know.

Miia
    Participant

Blaspheme against the Spirit is calling the works of God the power of demons/ Satan.

[22] Then a blind and dumb demoniac was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw.
    [23] And all the people were amazed, and said, “Can this be the Son of David?
    [24] But when the Pharisees heard it they said, “It is only by Be-el’zebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”
    [25] Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand;
    [26] and if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?
    [27] And if I cast out demons by Be-el’zebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
    [28] But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
    [29] Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house.
    [30] He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters.
    [31] Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
    [32] And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
    [33] “Either make the tree good, and its fruit good; or make the tree bad, and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit.
    [34] You brood of vipers! how can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
    [35] The good man out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil man out of his evil treasure brings forth evil.
    [36] I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter;
    [37] for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

It is only possible for those that have followed the true gospel of Christ to receive the Spirit in order that they can blaspheme against it. The vast majority of Muslims have never heard the true gospel of Christ. Mohamed’s teachings are heresy.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

(1)Is it alright for Christians to lie using the authority of God?

(2)It the same authority God gave to Jesus and the Holy Spirit has as an extension of God.

(3)The rest of what I said tied into it.

(4)I am confident it is (a)safer to be a student that admits to not knowing all things (b)than a teaches who neither admits nor knows less than their believe they know.

Hi Kerwin,

1) Do you believe there is such a thing as a ‘lie of omission’?
    2) You’re getting foggy again here
    3) The rest of what you said is tied into what?

4) Can you please reword this as well ???
    (not part “a”, only part “b”)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

The Earth is not God but is of God – do you agree?

Hi Nick,

This is a serious question and I expect you to treat it as such.

Do you agree or no?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Is anything not of God?

A serious question?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Do you worship the Holy Spirit of God

or

does the Holy Spirit help you worship God.

Please answer this serious question.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

(1)Is anything not of God?

(2)A serious question?

Hi Nick,

1) A “car” is not of God

2) Yes, now please answer…

The Earth is not God but is of God – do you agree?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Your question is two part
    or
    more to the point two separate questions.

Ed, (1)Do you worship the Holy Spirit of God?
    Ed, (2)does the Holy Spirit help you worship God?

1) Yes
    2) This question here is better suited to one who has been recently born again: initially,
    but more to the point: the HolySpirit has helped me grow into a perfect man – I worship God.

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

Blaspheme against the Spirit is calling the works of God the power of demons/ Satan.

I believe that passage is covering more than one teaching and not all of them are directed at the his accusers.

Matthew 12:20-28 is the first one and Matthew 12:29 is one by itself but related as he is exploiting the teaching moment created by the first teaching event to make a point with his student-adherents. The third teaching is also directed at his student. In it he states whoever accuses him, as the Pharisees and others did, would be forgiven but whoever blaspheme against the Spirit of God, which Jesus used to cast out demons, will not be forgiven.

So he already implied the accusers would be forgiven for their actions. It is those that misuse and abuse the Spirit that need fear. The accusers did not have the Spirit to misuse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

You need to relearn the basics.

Nothing exists without the creative powers of God expressed through His Holy Spirit. Ps 104.

God does not want us to worship His Spirit but Himself.

His Spirit was in Paul and the apostles but they did not accept worship.

True worshipers worship God in spirit and in truth.

Make sure your own situation is strongly established before wielding the sword of the Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

Those in Christ are one with him as he is with the Father.

No division.

Yes. But we are not the Holy Spirit, yet somehow the Father and the Son are? I disagree with LU’s and your view on this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

So which scriptures do you reject.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

(2)It the same authority God gave to Jesus and the Holy Spirit has as an extension of God.

Sorry, bad grammar.

The authority God gave to Jesus is the same authority that is intrinsic to the Holy Spirit since it is an extension of God.

Note: I am using extension in the sense an arm is an extension of the human body.
    Note: I am also referring to the use of name in Matthew 28.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is not the believer that is in Jesus and God but the Holy Spirit they have been given by God through faith in Jesus Christ.

A bit confused. Yes the Believer is one with God because his spirit is one with God’s Spirit. We are connected by our spirits. I suppose this is what you are tying to say. If so, then I agree.

Viewing 20 posts - 18,821 through 18,840 (of 25,930 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account