JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 17,081 through 17,100 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

MIKE,

NOW REFLECT ON THESE  DIFFERENT NARRATIONS:

Matthew 28:1 AND in the end of the sabbath, when it began to dawn towards the first day of the week,

came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary,

to see the sepulchre.

8 And they went out quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy, running to tell his disciples. 9And behold Jesus met them, saying: All hail. But they came up and

TOOK HOLD OF HIS FEET, AND ADORED HIM

MIKE IN THE ABOVE, MARY MAGDALENE AND THE OTHER MARY, LATE ON THE SABATH DAY, JUST BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK,

HELD JESUS' FEET, AND JESUS NEVER PREVENTED THIS, IN ANY WAY

AND THE WOMAN NEVER WENT TO ANOINT JESUS, THEY SIMPLY WENT TO SEE THE TOMB! OBVIOUS! SINCE THE TOMB WAS SEALED AND GUARDED!

UP TO THAT MOMENT IN TIME!

NOW WHEN WE READ JOHN'S VERSION, MARY MAGDALENE WENT ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, SO AT LEAST AN HOUR AFTER THE EVENT IN MATTHEW!

SINCE SHE WENT BACK AND FORTH TWICE,

AND JESUS PREVENTED MARY FROM TOUCHING HIM!

SO WHAT WAS THE REASON THAT ACCORDING TO MATTHEW, LATE ON THE SABATH JESUS ALLOWED MAGDALENE TO HOLD HIS FEET,

AND AT LEAST AN HOUR LATER, OBVIOUS SINCE SHE WAS ALREADY HAD TOUCHED HIM,

HE DID NOT ALLOW HER TO DO SO?

ALSO ACCORDING TO MARK MAGDALENE, AND THREE OTHER WOMEN WENT

ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK WHEN THE SUN WAS RISEN,

SO AT LEAST TWO HOURS AFTER JESUS RESURRECTED,

AND  CARRIED  SPICES AND SO ON, TO ANOINT JESUS, WHICH IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT  AT LEAST MAGDALENE AND THE OTHER MARY,MET HIM TWICE ALREADY

SO THEY WENT TO DO SO ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE  AWARE OF WHAT HAPPENED!

NOW MIKE WHAT WOULD BE YOUR UNDERSTANDING SINCE IT SEEMED THAT THERE WAS NO CONSISTENCY?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 11 2014,04:21)

Quote (Wakeup @ May 09 2014,01:35)
    WE SHALL SEE HIM AS HE IS.

The apostles did not see him as he really is.

So his appearing to the apostle can not be used as proof that he is flesh; because that is not what he is.

That is correct, Wakeup.

But I would change your last line to:

So his appearing to the apostles can not be used as proof that he is STILL flesh; because that is not what he is ANYMORE.

That makes it more accurate.

Mike B.

Thank you.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2014,05:32)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 10 2014,23:13)

Quote (kerwin @ May 08 2014,21:08)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 09 2014,07:41)

Quote (kerwin @ May 08 2014,15:13)
    Mike has a doctrine that can be taught by reason even though I have pointed out to him it is not based on the word of God.

What? ! ? !   ???

Every single thing I preach on this site is based on the teachings found in the Bible.

Mike,

I realize that is what you think.

I challenge you to PROVE your accusation, Kerwin.  If you cannot or will not, then it is a groundless and false accusation.

Show me all the things I preach that are NOT “based on the word of God”……. one at a time so I can respond to them.

Mike,

I continuously try to show you but you are not yet ready to see.  I do not have the power to open the eyes of those who are blind.  I can only give warning.  

You seem to have certain mental blocks to changing established ideas, perhaps because your feeling of peace and security have become based on those ideas.

Kerwin.

Can you please explain this scripture?

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear,
    **we shall be like him;
    ** for we shall see him as he is**.

Is that saying that they(apostles) have seen Him as HE is?

Y/N?

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2014,00:32)

Mike has a doctrine that can be taught by reason even though I have pointed out to him it is not based on the word of God.

What? ! ? !   ???

Every single thing I preach on this site is based on the teachings found in the Bible.

Mike,

I challenge you to PROVE your accusation, Kerwin.  If you cannot or will not, then it is a groundless and false accusation.

Show me all the things I preach that are NOT “based on the word of God”……. one at a time so I can respond to them.

Mike,

I continuously try to show you but you are not yet ready to see.  I do not have the power to open the eyes of those who are blind.  I can only give warning.  

You seem to have certain mental blocks to changing established ideas, perhaps because your feeling of peace and security have become based on those ideas.

Kerwin

Mike,

I continuously try to show you but you are not yet ready to see. I do not have the power to open the eyes of those who are blind. I can only give warning.

that is a cheap way to pull you out of absolutely nothing ,

Mike is right ,what ever he preach can be supported in scriptures so is what t8 and myself, and i am sure we all look over each other to make sure it stay that way ,because if it would change our preaching would be a vain preaching that does not save life nor our own .

Kerwin

challenge what you think is untrue to you ,but do it with scriptures not opinions ;told you before God does not care for our opinions but his true words he does it is his glory

so if you cannot use the truth of God do not say anything ,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ May 11 2014,03:15)

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2014,05:32)

What? ! ? !   ???

Mike,

Mike,

Kerwin.

Can you please explain this scripture?

1 John 3:2   Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear,
                     **we shall be like him;
             ** for we shall see him as he is**.

Is that saying that they(apostles) have seen Him as HE is?

Y/N?

wakeup.

Wakeup,

John is saying that believers should have confidence they will be like Jesus because the will see him as he is at that time. It sounds like the very sight of Jesus will transform them.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

In this case I am stating my opinion. I assume Mike has a similar opinion about what I believe.

God knows the truth and we seek to learn it.

It is our job to watch our own doctrine and life to see that it is indeed truth and our beliefs are not influenced by the sinful nature.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,May wrote:

[/quote]

an “assimilation from Son to Father”……. and a whole bunch of other unscriptural garbage.

Mike,

ASSIMILATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INTEGRATION

JESUS AS ONE HUMAN BEING, HAD TWO NATURES

ONE FULLY GOD AND FULLY MAN !

THESE TWO NATURES WERE SEPARATED ON HIS DEATH!

HIS FLESH BODY WAS IN THE TOMB, AND THE HIS SOUL, FORMERLY THE HOLY SPIRIT, WAS IN HELL!

AFTER HE RESURRECTED AS MAN, AT A LATER STAGE, HE INTEGRATED WITH HIS SOUL FORMERLY THE HOLY SPIRIT!

NOW ANSWER:

SINCE JESUS REQUIRED THE ANGELS, TO OPEN THE TOMB FOR HIM, THEREFORE IT IS ENOUGH PROOF,AND YOU ALSO AGREED THAT HE WAS A MAN WHEN HE RESURRECTED!

OTHERWISE HE WOULD HAVE CAME OUT THROUGH WALLS! NO?

WAS JESUS IN THE SAME STATE OF A MAN, WHEN HE ENTERED THROUGH WALLS AND SAT IN THE MIDST OF HIS APOSTLES?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ May 11 2014,18:01)

mikeboll64,May wrote:

[/quote]

an “assimilation from Son to Father”……. and a whole bunch of other unscriptural garbage.

Mike,

ASSIMILATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INTEGRATION

JESUS AS ONE HUMAN BEING, HAD TWO NATURES

ONE FULLY GOD AND FULLY MAN !

THESE TWO NATURES WERE SEPARATED ON HIS DEATH!

HIS FLESH BODY WAS IN THE TOMB, AND THE HIS SOUL, FORMERLY THE HOLY SPIRIT, WAS IN HELL!

AFTER HE RESURRECTED AS MAN, AT A LATER STAGE, HE INTEGRATED WITH HIS SOUL FORMERLY THE HOLY SPIRIT!

NOW ANSWER:

SINCE JESUS REQUIRED THE ANGELS, TO OPEN THE TOMB FOR HIM, THEREFORE IT IS ENOUGH PROOF,AND YOU ALSO AGREED THAT HE WAS A MAN WHEN HE RESURRECTED!

OTHERWISE HE WOULD HAVE CAME OUT THROUGH WALLS! NO?

WAS JESUS IN THE SAME STATE OF A MAN, WHEN HE ENTERED THROUGH WALLS AND SAT IN THE MIDST OF HIS APOSTLES?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel.

You are teaching what you imagin it to be. Good try but,
    it does not fit with scriptures,and I like you to explain why.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

ANOTHER COMFORTER WHICH IS THE HOLY SPIRIT.
    QIESTION: WHY WAS JESUS ON EARTH, AND HIS SOUL (AS YOU SAY) IS WITH THE FATHER

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

wakeup.

carmel
    Participant

Wakeup,May wrote:

[/quote]

QIESTION: WHY WAS JESUS ON EARTH, AND HIS SOUL (AS YOU SAY)  IS WITH THE FATHER

Wakeup,

WHERE I STATED THE ABOVE STATEMENT?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

and I am natural just as a beast is and God created me natural when he created me a living soul.

Kerwin,

NOT QUITE CORRECT!

ADAM WAS MADE OUT OF SLIME, MUD TWO ELEMENTS,

DUST MATTERAND WATER SPIRIT

FROM THE PLANET EARTH WHICH WAS CREATED VERY GOOD!

AFTERWARDS GOD GAVE HIM HIS SPIRIT, AND BECAME

THE FIRST LIVING SOUL  

THE SOUL IS A SPRIIT ENTITY! EVEN IF IT HAD A KIND OF FLESH! OF WHICH I AM SURE OF! SINCE ADAM WAS NOT CREATED MORTAL!

SO NOT OF FLESH AND BLOOD YET! FROMWHERE HE WAS CREATED!

THE FACT THAT GOD TOOK HIM INTO THE GARDEN IS ENOUGH PROOF THAT HE WAS IN A HIGHER STATE THAN THE ENVIROMENT HE  WAS CREATED WITH! AND IN! GOD’S WORK IS ALWAYS FOR ENRICHMENT!

THE FACT ALSO THAT AFTER HE SINNED, HE WAS THROWN OUT FROM GOD'S ETERNAL HOLY LIFE IN THE GARDEN,AND WAS CURSED, AND THROUGH HIS WORK HE ALSO CURSED THE WORLD, IT IS ALSO A PROOF THAT NATURE WAS IN A HIGHER STATE THEN ADAM WAS AFTER HE SINNED!

SO NATURE WAS ALWAYS VERY GOOD! BOTH WHEN ADAM WAS CREATED, AND WHEN ADAM WAS THROWN BACK INTO IT!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Wakeup,May wrote:

ANOTHER COMFORTER WHICH IS THE HOLY SPIRIT.    

Wakeup,

ANSWER!

WHY DID JESUS CALL HIM COMFORTER NOT JUST THE HOLY SPIRIT?

WHY DID JESUS FELT THAT HE SHOULD GIVE HIM A TITLE, APART THAT HE WAS THE HOLY GHOST?

WHAT DOES THE TITLE CORRESPONDS TO ?

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

NOW ALSO:

WHY DID JESUS SPECIFICALLY SAID:

WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME

AND ALSO SPECIFY HIS ROLE?

AS YOU CAN SEE, THE HOLY GHOST IS NOT RELATED TO THE FATHER! BUT RELATED TO JESUS CHRIST!

HE IS NOT TO SUPPLY THINGS WHICH BELONG TO THE FATHER, BUT THINGS WHICH BELONG TO JESUS CHRIST!

NEVERTHELESS THE FATHER WOULD SEND HIM! NOT JESUS CHRIST

ALSO REFLECT THAT JESUS NEVER IN THIS CASE STATED MY FATHER BUT THE FATHER, SO IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT JESUS COULD HAVE ALSO REFERRED TO HIMSELF SINCE HE  ALSO EVENTUALLY WOULD BE IN THE GLORY OF THE FATHER,

WHICH MEANS THAT HE ALSO IS OUR FATHER FROM THE HUMAN SIDE POINT OF VIEW! ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THAT HE WAS SENT!

JESUS CHRIST IS OUR EVERLASTING FATHER OF THE NEW TESTAMENT!

HE ACCOMPLISHED IT, AND PERFECTED IT

IT IS THROUGH HIM THAT WE ACQUIRED THE ETERNAL LIFE!

THROUGHOUT JOHN 14, JESUS WAS ALL THE TIME IMPLYING THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN THE APPLICATION OF THE TITLES, MY FATHER AND THE FATHER

OBVIOUS, ONLY HE WAS IN HIS FATHER'S BOSOM, SO HIS RELATION TO ALMIGHTY GOD IS UNIQUE!

WHILE IN THE SAME WAY, OUR RELATION TO JESUS IS ALSO UNIQUE, SINCE ONLY THROUGH HIM WE WOULD ACQUIRE A KIND OF RELATION TO GOD ALMIGHTY! BUT NEVER DIRECTLY!

THAT BELONGS  ONLY TO JESUS  

SO THE TITLE MY FATHER IS FOR SURE  A REFERENCE TO GOD ALMIGHTY!

FROM THE OTHER HAND,  THE TITLE THE FATHER IS MORE A REFERENCE TO JESUS CHRIST!

HE HAD FLESH AND BLOOD LIKE ALL HUMANS!

HE DIED IN HIS FLESH AND BLOOD FOR ALL HUMANS!

HE BEFORE HIS DEATH DECLARED THAT HE WAS NO LONGER A BROTHER TO US!

OBVIOUS, HE DIED AS A BROTHER TO US, BUT HE GLORIFIED AS A FATHER AND GOD TO US!

John 19:26 When Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing whom he loved, he saith to his mother:

WOMAN,

NOT MOTHER SO HE IS NOT HER SON!

BEHOLD YOUR SON

JOHN IS HER SON,

SO IF HE IS NOT HER SON ,HE IS ALSO NOT A BROTHER TO JOHN! THE CHURCH!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 10 2014,12:32)

What? ! ? !   ???

Mike,

Mike,

So then you CAN'T point to one single thing I preach that ISN'T “based on the word of God”?

That makes your accusation against me false, and baseless.

Repent.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ May 10 2014,14:57)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 11 2014,04:26)
    He only had that body for the first 40 days after he was raised.

Mike,

WRONG!

JESUS WAS IN  HIS RESURRECTED BODY ONLY FOR A FEW HOURS!

I disagree Charles,

I believe the flesh body of Jesus, in which he died and was raised, was transformed into his new spiritual body upon his ascension to heaven………. 40 days after he was raised from the dead.

You have a right to your own understanding as well.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ May 10 2014,19:01)

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2014,00:32)

Mike,

Kerwin

that is a cheap way to pull you out of absolutely nothing ,

Mike is right ,what ever he preach can be supported in scriptures so is what t8 and myself, and i am sure we all look over each other to make sure it stay that way ,because if it would change our preaching would be a vain preaching that does not save life nor our own .

Kerwin

challenge what you think is untrue to you ,but do it with scriptures not opinions ;told you before God does not care for our opinions but his true words he does it is his glory

so if you cannot use the truth of God do not say anything ,

Well said, Pierre.  :)

Kerwin definitely INTERPRETS certain scriptural teachings differently than I (and most people) do.  But that doesn't mean MY interpretations are not “based on the word of God” – as I (and most people) understand it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 10 2014,22:31)
    Wakeup,

John is saying that believers should have confidence they will be like Jesus because the will see him as he is at that time. It sounds like the very sight of Jesus will transform them.

Many commentators also understand it that way, Kerwin. They think that the action of seeing Jesus as he is is what will transform them into being as he is.

I don't hold that opinion myself.

But since you do, the fact that those people WEREN'T transformed at all, when Jesus was on earth for that 40 days, should be enough to tell you that those people HADN'T YET “seen him as he is”.

Agreed?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ May 11 2014,01:01)

Yes.

Just like he and Peter were both in the state of a man when they walked on water.

The fact that God can cause Jesus to enter a locked room doesn't prove he wasn't a man at that time, Charles. God has caused many men in scripture to do things men can't normally do.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,May wrote:

[/quote]

Mike,

WAS JESUS IN THE SAME STATE OF A MAN, WHEN HE ENTERED THROUGH WALLS AND SAT IN THE MIDST OF HIS APOSTLES?[/b]

Yes.

Just like he and Peter were both in the state of a man when they walked on water.

The fact that God can cause Jesus to enter a locked room doesn't prove he wasn't a man at that time, Charles.  God has caused many men in scripture to do things men can't normally do.

Mike,

WHY GOD DIDN'T DO IT ALSO WHEN JESUS RESURRECTED, BUT INSTEAD HE SEND AN ANGEL TO SHIFT THE STONE?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I haven't been given that information, Charles. So I don't know the answer.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ May 12 2014,03:19)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 12 2014,06:16)

Mike,

WAS JESUS IN THE SAME STATE OF A MAN, WHEN HE ENTERED THROUGH WALLS AND SAT IN THE MIDST OF HIS APOSTLES?[/b]

Yes.

The fact that God can cause Jesus to enter a locked room doesn't prove he wasn't a man at that time, Charles.  God has caused many men in scripture to do things men can't normally do.

Mike,

WHY GOD DIDN'T DO IT ALSO WHEN JESUS RESURRECTED, BUT INSTEAD HE SEND AN ANGEL TO SHIFT THE STONE?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles

what do the scriptures says about the son ???
    that the son will be resurrected and bring back to life through the powers of his God not through his own power ,

that is exactly what happen God as send his angels to bring about the fulfillment of what he promised his son ,because Christ really died ,but he put all his trust in his father for his resurrection ,

he showed the way just as anyone of us that says he follow Christ should do and hope fore it

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ May 12 2014,08:19)

mikeboll64,May wrote:

[/quote]

Mike,

Yes.

Mike,

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel.

Good question.

The answer is because all that has to be written down for us.
    If the stones stayed closed and locked; then Mary and others would not have experienced what they saw.
    Therefore not written down.
    The broken chain lock is evidence.
    The stone door open,is evidence.
    The cloth left inside is evidence.
    The body missing is evidence,for us also.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 17,081 through 17,100 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account