JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,561 through 16,580 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

Charles,

Do you believe Melchizadek was actually Jehovah God Himself?

Mike,

AS FAR AS I KNOW WE ARE DISCUSSING:

GOD       SPIRIT

AND

THE WORD       GOD THE MEDIATOR SPIRIT

THEREFORE BOTH ARE SPIRITS!

NOW!  WHAT MELCHIZADEK HAS TO DO WITH SPIRITS!

SINCE HE WAS A HUMAN BEING! AND A PRIEST OF ALMIGHTY GOD !

SO HE WAS FOR SURE THE WORD SPIRITUALLY WITHIN HIM, THEREFORE ALMIGHTY GOD WAS ATTACHED  WITH THE WORD THEREFORE MELCHISADEK COMMUNICATED WITH GOD FOR SURE MORE THAN ANYBODY ELSE IN THE OT!

NOW READ THIS PEACE OF OLD SCRIPTURE

The Second Book of Enoch (also called “Slavonic Enoch”) is apparently a Jewish sectarian work of the 1st century AD.[69] The last section of the work, the Exaltation of Melchizedek, tells how Melchizedek was born of a virgin, Sofonim (or Sopanima), the wife of Nir, a brother of Noah.

The child came out from his mother after she had died and sat on the bed beside her corpse, already physically developed, clothed, speaking and blessing the Lord, and marked with the badge of priesthood.

Forty days later, Melchizedek was taken by the archangel Gabriel (Michael in some manuscripts) to the Garden of Eden and was thus preserved from the Deluge without having to be in Noah's Ark.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 10 2014,12:15)

Quote (jammin @ April 09 2014,07:44)
    i believe that the word God in phil 2.6 refers to the nature or essence.

Okay jammin,

That takes care of the FIRST word “God” in verse 6.  But what about the second “God”?  

Philippians 2:6 NET Bible
    who though he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped………..

Is that talking about equality with a nature or essence?  Or equality with the PERSON known as “God”?

we are not done with the form of God and yet you want to jump to another topic.

do you exist in the form of MAN or

form of your own man?(<–this is quite ridiculous)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 09 2014,19:45)

Quote (kerwin @ April 09 2014,07:40)
    Jamming,

If I am among the wise then I exist in the form of God and therefore take on the form of a servant even as am am currently made in the likeness of mankind.  It is my hope to be found among the wise on that day.

you still did not answer my question.
    do you exist in the form of MAN or do you exist in the form of your OWN MAN?

Jammin,

I did answer it as far as I am willing as I will not seek to sit in a higher chair less I am told by the master of the house to move to one lower. The most I can say is that I hope to be one of the wise of humankind on that day.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ April 09 2014,22:52)

kerwin,April wrote:

[/quote]

Your answer is confusing.  Are you claiming Jesus is the Father?

Kerwin,

DID YOU ANALYSE PROPERLY THAT PARTICULAR SCRIPTURE YOU REFERRED TO?

IF YOU DID, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE THAT JESUS REFERRED TO HIMSELF!

HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS FATHER, BUT REGARDING  HIS STATE, AND WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HIS STATE A FEW HOURS AFTER!  

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,

I have analyzed it and yet I do not see that Jesus was saying he was the Father. That is a modalism teaching and not a trinitarian one.

This is the passage I was referring to.

John 20:17
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 09 2014,05:33)
    Hi MB,
    God says all have sinned.
    Jesus came to save sinners

N

who is “all” ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 09 2014,05:33)
    Hi MB,
    God says all have sinned.
    Jesus came to save sinners

Nick,

The “for all have sinned” is a small part of the sentence. The full sentence goes:

Romans 3:23-26

23 for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Most seem to miss the “to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past” part of the sentence.

Some of the words in the sentence are misused to sooth the ears of those who love darkness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Do you think the death of Jesus saved all men?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 11 2014,02:25)

Quote (jammin @ April 09 2014,19:45)

Quote (kerwin @ April 09 2014,07:40)
    Jamming,

If I am among the wise then I exist in the form of God and therefore take on the form of a servant even as am am currently made in the likeness of mankind.  It is my hope to be found among the wise on that day.

you still did not answer my question.
    do you exist in the form of MAN or do you exist in the form of your OWN MAN?

Jammin,

I did answer it as far as I am willing as I will not seek to sit in a higher chair less I am told by the master of the house to move to one lower. The most I can say is that I hope to be one of the wise of humankind on that day.

therefore you cant answer my question. correct?

i was asking you if you exist in the form of MAN or form of your OWN MAN. what did you choose? you chose none but gave me non sense words.

it is very obvious that YOU CANT CHOOSE and face the truth about it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Romans 3:23-26

23 for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Yes forgiveness is still accessible for all through rebirth into Christ Jesus.
    Our gracious God gives men an escape route from His wrath

carmel
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 11 2014,02:39)

Quote (carmel @ April 09 2014,22:52)

Quote (kerwin @ April 09 2014,14:22)

Your answer is confusing.  Are you claiming Jesus is the Father?

Kerwin,

DID YOU ANALYSE PROPERLY THAT PARTICULAR SCRIPTURE YOU REFERRED TO?

IF YOU DID, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE THAT JESUS REFERRED TO HIMSELF!

HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS FATHER, BUT REGARDING  HIS STATE, AND WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HIS STATE A FEW HOURS AFTER!  

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,

I have analyzed it and yet I do not see that Jesus was saying he was the Father.  That is a modalism teaching and not a trinitarian one.

This is the passage I was referring to.

John 20:17

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Kerwin,

THIS IS THE PROPER SCRIPTURE:

Jesus saith to her: Do not touch me, for I am not yet

ASCENDED TO

my Father. But go to my brethren, and say to them:

I ASCEND TO

my Father and to your Father, to my God and your God.

YOU DIDN'T.

OR YOU DIDN'T DO IT PROPERLY!

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL MEANING OF:

ASCEND TO?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 10 2014,07:45)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 10 2014,12:15)

Quote (jammin @ April 09 2014,07:44)
    i believe that the word God in phil 2.6 refers to the nature or essence.

Okay jammin,

That takes care of the FIRST word “God” in verse 6.  But what about the second “God”?  

Philippians 2:6 NET Bible
    who though he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped………..

Is that talking about equality with a nature or essence?  Or equality with the PERSON known as “God”?

we are not done with the form of God and yet you want to jump to another topic.

It's not a second topic jammin. It is a question concerning the ONE verse we are discussing.

So please answer the question.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 10 2014,00:40)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 07 2014,04:04)
    Charles,

Do you believe Melchizadek was actually Jehovah God Himself?

Mike,

WHAT MELCHIZADEK HAS TO DO WITH SPIRITS!

SINCE HE WAS A HUMAN BEING! AND A PRIEST OF ALMIGHTY GOD !

I brought up Melchizadek because you were telling me that God is the mediator BETWEEN God and us.  You said God is His own mediator – which is not only unscriptural, but also nonsensical and impossible.  A mediator BETWEEN two parties cannot possibly BE one of those two parties, Charles.

And all priests of God are mediators BETWEEN God and their congregation.  

So both Jesus and Melchizadek were High Priests OF God – and since you think the Priest of God Jesus Christ IS the very God he is the Priest of, I was wondering if you thought the same illogical thing about Melchizadek.

I assume from what you posted that your answer is “NO”.  So why then, do you believe Jesus IS the very God he serves as Priest?

See?  It is all linked to our discussion.  I'm trying to show you that it is nonsensical to believe a mediator BETWEEN two different parties can BE one of those parties……….

or that any priest can BE the God he serves as priest.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2014,01:39)
    Hi KW,
    Do you think the death of Jesus saved all men?

Nick,

The death and resurrection of Jesus saves those that believe from their sins, Matthew 1:21.

kerwin
    Participant

Charles,

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL MEANING OF:

ASCEND TO?

I ascend to the top of the stairs.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi KW,
    What does believe mean in these terms?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Our gracious God gives men an escape route from His wrath

The escape route is to put on the new man that is righteous as God is righteous and so stop wearing the old one, Ephesians 4:20-24.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It means you have to believe the promises of the new covenant. That means you believe in both God, Jesus, and the gospel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,
    You mean KNOW ABOUT?

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,April wrote:

[/quote]

I ascend to the top of the stairs.

Kerwin,

A child of 6 would have been more clever than you, from the word ASCEND point of view ONLY!

NEVER MIND WITH THE PREPOSITION TO ESPECIALLY WHEN ONE ESTABLISHES THE APPROPRIATE HEBREW/OR GREEK  DEFINITION!  

SO HOW DID YOU CONCLUDED THAT JOHN USED THE TERM ASCEND TO TO MAKE US AWARE THAT JESUS  WITH HIS STATEMENT,RELATED HIS PERSONAL GLORIFIED STATE IN A WAY, AS ASCEND TO THE TOP OF THE STAIRS,

AND IN THE TRUTH HE CONSIDERED IT MORE APPROPRIATE, TO USE THAT TERM, BUT FOR SURE IN A PARTICULAR HEBREW DEFINITION, AND RELATED JESUS BOTH TO

HIS FATHER AND TO HIS GOD!

WHEN HE COULD HAVE SIMPLY AND CLEARLY STATED,I  GO TO MY FATHER!

LIKE IN OTHER CASES HEREUNDER:

John 16:7 But I tell you the truth: it is expedient to you that

I GO

: for if

I GO NOT

, the Paraclete will not come to you;but if

I GO,

I will send him to you.

16 A little while, and now you shall not see me; and again a little while, and you shall see me: because

I GO TO THE FATHER.

17Then some of the disciples said one to another: What is this that he saith to us: A little while, and you shall not see me; and again a little while, and you shall see me, and, because

I GO TO THE FATHER?

John 14:2 In my Father's house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you:

because I GO TO PREPARE  a place for you

NOW IN JOHN 16:7 HE USED:  APERCHOMAI IN THE FIRST TWO

Strong's Concordance

aperchomai: to go away, go after

Original Word:

Short Definition: I come or go away from, depart, return
    Definition: I come or go away from, depart, return, arrive, go after, follow.

AND IN THE LAST ONE HE USED: POREUOMAI

Strong's Concordance

poreuomai: to go

Original Word:

Short Definition: I travel, journey, go
    Definition: I travel, journey, go, die.

IN JOHN 16: 16:17  HE USED: HUPAGO

Strong's Concordance

hupagó: to lead or bring under, to lead on slowly, to depart

Short Definition: I go away, depart
    Definition: I go away, depart, begone, die.

IN JOHN 14:2 HE ALSO USED: POREUOMAI

SO JOHN HAD QUITE A FEW CHOICES IN ORDER TO MAKE US AWARE IN THE TRUTH THAT JESUS MEANT

HE GOES  TO HIS FATHER! NO?

BUT INSTEAD HE USED THE TERM:

ASCEND TO

I AM NOT GOING TO DISCUSS THE WORD ” ASCEND” YOU ARE CLEVER ENOUGH TO KNOW WHY!

SO HEREUNDER IS THE PREPOSITION “TO”

WHICH IS VITAL IN ORDER TO DISCERN THE TRUTH, WHEN IT IS USED ATTACHED WITH THE WORD “ASCEND”

Strong's Concordance

pros: TO

Short Definition: to, towards, with
    Definition: to, towards, with.

HELPS Word-studies

4314 prós (a preposition) – properly, motion towards to

“interface with”  DEFINITELY WITH THE FATHER!

(literally, moving toward a goal or destination).

4314 /prós (“towards, with”)

indicates “extension toward a goal, with implied interaction or reciprocity  AGAIN WITH THE FATHER

[4314 (prós) can mean “in view of,”

or “in light of, but never “against,” AGAIN IN VIEW OF THE FATHER'S HIGHEST STATE!

SO FROM THE ABOVE WE COULD CONCLUDE FOR SURE:

THAT JESUS WITH ASCEND TO MEANT THAT:

HE WOULD ASCEND AND INTERFACE WITH, RECIPROCALLY, IN VIEW OF HIS FATHER, AND OUR FATHER, HIS GOD, AND OUR GOD!

THE FACT THAT THERE IS THE WORD RECIPROCALLY SIGNIFIES THAT BOTH THE FATHER AND  JESUS OWN THE STATE OF BOTH GOD ALMIGHTY'S OWN GENUINE SPIRIT,AND JESUS' OWN FLESH, INTEGRATED IN ONE UNIQUE BODY SUPERIOR THAN THAT OF THE FATHER AS SPIRIT ONLY!

THEREFORE

THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST

SO TO DAY HE IS BOTH GOD, AND FATHER OF THE ENTIRE CREATION!

BOTH OF HEAVEN AND EARTH!

AND ALL MUST BECOME CHILDREN OF GOD, IN THE SAME WAY AS JESUS BECAME ON EARTH!

IN ORDER THAT ON THE LAST DAY, THE SAME BODY WOULD BE OWNED BY THE FATHER TO BE

ALL IN ALL

ALL CHILDREN OF GOD ALMIGHTY,

THEREFORE GODS!

Isaiah 9:6For a CHILD IS BORN to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor,

God the Mighty, the Father of the world TO COME,

the Prince of Peace.

TO CONCLUDE READ HEBREWS:

In these days hath spoken to us by his Son, whom

he GOD hath appointed HEIR OF ALL THINGS,

THEREFORE GOD AND FATHER OF ALL THINGS

by whom also he made the world.

3Who being the brightness of his GOD'S glory, and the figure of his GOD'S substance, and upholding all things by the word of his GOD'S power, making purgation of sins, sitteth on the right hand of the majesty on high.

SO JESUS CHRIST IS:

GOD'S GLORY            THE FATHER  

GOD'S SUBSTANCE    THE SON    IN THE ENTIRE CREATION, THE KINGDOM OF THE SON!

GOD'S POWER           THE HOLY SPIRIT

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

I must be less clever than a child of 6 as I have difficulty understanding your meaning. I do have a short attention span as I have an inclination to get bored easily despite my desires otherwise.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,561 through 16,580 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account