JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,541 through 16,560 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 08 2014,08:30)
    Jammin,

where can you read in phil 2.6 that he was existing in the form of his OWN GOD? any version?

So who do you think Jesus called his Father and our Father, his God and our God if not God?

Jammin,

You did not answer my question?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 09 2014,02:59)

Quote (jammin @ April 08 2014,19:40)
    kerwin,

do you exist in the form of MAN? or do you exist in the form of your OWN MAN?

Jammin,

You forcing your opinion into Scripture as it clearly states Jesus was made in the likeness of mankind, Philippians 2:7 and yet you claim he was in the form of God-kind.

The fact is that Jesus being the form of God “did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped” but chose instead to “but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant”.  That is the mind of Christ that we are to follow.

im asking you a question. do you exist in the form of MAN or do you exist in the form of your OWN MAN>?

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

pls read my post. my post is according to phil 2.6

kerwin
    Participant

Jamming,

If I am among the wise then I exist in the form of God and therefore take on the form of a servant even as am am currently made in the likeness of mankind. It is my hope to be found among the wise on that day.

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

Unless there is another post I do not see your answer to my question.

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,April wrote:

[/quote]

So who do you think Jesus called his Father and our Father, his God and our God if not God?

Kerwin,

JESUS WAS REFERRING TO HIMSELF SINCE HE GLORIFIED IN THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER !

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Wakeup,April wrote:

[/quote]

THERE SHOULD BE FOUR,NOT THREE.
    YOU LEFT OUT THE MOTHER OF GOD.

Wakeup,

THAT YOUR SPAGHETTI NOT MINE

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2014,20:39)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 08 2014,08:29)

1+1=2, right?

Mike.

Trinitarian math does not work that way.

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 07 2014,20:39)
    Catholics believe it is a magic ceremony that saves babies before they can think for themselves-that is false
    It requires repentance and babies cannot do that.

Did you speak that repentance out loud?  Or in your mind to God?

Did you repent for many things separately?  Or repent from all your past bad deeds as a general umbrella statement?

I don't know anything about this stuff.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2014,20:45)
    Mike,

Make sure you believe all things are possible through God and that he will give you the Spirit that bears righteous fruit when you do.

All things? Even screwing your head on straight, Kerwin? :)

Okay….. will do, thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 08 2014,15:22)

Quote (kerwin @ April 08 2014,13:30)

Kerwin,

JESUS WAS REFERRING TO HIMSELF SINCE HE GLORIFIED IN THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER !

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,

Jesus said he was going to his Father and his God…….. not to himself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    God says all have sinned.
    Jesus came to save sinners

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 08 2014,07:39)
    mike,

i am asking you a version.
    can you give me one or not?

i am existing in the form of MAN. i am NOT EXISTING IN THE FORM OF MY OWN MAN. that is not the correct way to say it.

No jammin,

I can't give you a version.  And I forgot that you don't think the “God” in Phil 2:6 is a person.  I forgot that you think the word “God” in that verse refers to the “species of God-kind”.

And if you are talking about the “God” in Phil 2:6 being a species, like “mankind”, then you are right…… “my own mankind”, or “my own God-kind”, would not be the way to say it.

I disagree with you that the word “God” in verse 6 refers to a species called “God-kind”.  I believe the word refers to our one and only Most High God, the Father.

But your point is taken.  

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ April 09 2014,03:22)

kerwin,April wrote:

[/quote]

Kerwin,

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,

Your answer is confusing. Are you claiming Jesus is the Father?

carmel
    Participant

Ed wrote:

[/quote]

Water baptism was given to the Jews to as a confession that they
    understood the Gospel of the messiah (death, burial, & resurrection).

“if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart
     that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man
     believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”  (Rom.10:9-10)

Edj,

I agree 100% that the water baptism was over and done with on
    JESUS DEATH

Now reflect on these scriptures hereunder:
    He himself confirmed this in:

]Psalm 102:18 Let these things be written unto another generation:  

A REFERENCE TO US SINCE WE ARE REDEEMED

and the people that shall be created shall praise the Lord:

NOTICE, IT SAYS THE PEOPLE THAT SHALL BE CREATED!

WHY NOT BORN, BUT CREATED?  OBVIOUS BECAUSE PEOPLE BEFORE THEY ARE BORN THEY ARE CREATED IN THE PROCESS OF NATURE! NO?  

SO THIS PSALM IS SAYING THAT PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE STILL , IN THE PROCESS OF CREATION, THEREFORE SPIRITS,/SOULS SHALL PRAISE THE LORD DUE TO THE FACT THAT SINCE JESUS, THROUGH HIS DEATH , RECREATED ALL CREATION  ANEW, SINLESS, THE PROCESS OF NATURE IS OBVIOUS WITHOUT SATAN'S SPIRIT WITHIN IT, THEREFORE ALL CREATURES WHO EVENTUALLY ARE BORN, THEY ARE BORN ANEW PERFECTLY CLEAN THROUGHOUT!

THEREFORE THERE'S NO NEED TO BE WATER BAPTISED LIKE THOSE PEOPLE WHICH BEFORE REDEMPTION PURPOSELY HAD TO, DUE TO THE FACT THAT A PERFECT PEOPLE SPECIFICALLY HAD TO BE PREPARED FOR JESUS, IN ORDER TO HEAR, ACCEPT, AND BELIEVE JESUS TEACHINGS, !

SO THE WATER BAPTISM IS WELL OVER AND DONE WITH!

IT WAS INTRODUCED IN THE BEGINNING OF THE CHURCH IN ORDER TO INCLUDE THOSE JEWS WHO REFUSED TO ABANDON JOHN'S WATER BAPTISM!

Acts:19:2And he said to them: Have you received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? But they said to him: We have not so much as heard whether there be a Holy Ghost. 3And he said: In what then were you baptized? Who said: In John's baptism.

4Then Paul said: John baptized the people with the baptism of penance, saying: That they should believe in him who was to come after him, that is to say, in Jesus.

5Having heard these things, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 AND WHEN PAUL HAD IMPOSED HIS HANDS ON THEM

THEREFORE NO WATER WAS USED

, the Holy Ghost came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. 7And all the men were about twelve.

Also, reading John 1:9 :

That was the true light, which enlighteneth EVERY MAN that COMETH INTO THE WORLD.

NOT EVERY MAN THAT IS BAPTISED!

ALSO NOT EVERY MAN AND WOMAN! BUT EVERY MAN ONLY, DUE TO THE FACT THAT:

THE SOUL ENTERS ONLY THROUGH THE SPERM ON CONCEPTION!

SO NOT JUST CHRISTIANS, BUT EVERY MAN THAT COMES INTO THE WORD!

John 8:35 Now the servant abideth not in the house for ever; but the son abideth for ever. 36If therefore the son shall make you free, YOU SHALL BE FREE INDEED .

OBVIOUS ! THROUGH “THE WORD” SINCE ALL BY HIM, AND ALL IN HIM, THE FATHER SEALED IN CREATION, FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD!  John 6:27, REV. 13:8

SO A PERSON NEEDS ONLY TO BELIEVE IN JESUS, AND DECLARE HIM OPENLY,

THEN FOR SURE HE WOULD NOT BE ETERNALLY CONDEMNED!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 09 2014,10:38)

Quote (jammin @ April 08 2014,07:39)
    mike,

i am asking you a version.
    can you give me one or not?

i am existing in the form of MAN. i am NOT EXISTING IN THE FORM OF MY OWN MAN. that is not the correct way to say it.

No jammin,

I can't give you a version.  And I forgot that you don't think the “God” in Phil 2:6 is a person.  I forgot that you think the word “God” in that verse refers to the “species of God-kind”.

And if you are talking about the “God” in Phil 2:6 being a species, like “mankind”, then you are right…… “my own mankind”, or “my own God-kind”, would not be the way to say it.

I disagree with you that the word “God” in verse 6 refers to a species called “God-kind”.  I believe the word refers to our one and only Most High God, the Father.

But your point is taken.  

thank you for saying that you CANT find any versions about your OWN DOCTRINE for phil 2.6 and that is ONLY your imagination.

do you understand what nature means?

jammin
    Participant

mike,

your belief is not sufficient if you CANT give me a version.

i believe that the word God in phil 2.6 refers to the nature or essence.

Philippians 2:6
    New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature God,
       did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

but ill give you a chance to prove your man-made doctrine. i will give 1000000 yrs for you to find any  versions that say that Christ was existing in the form of HIS OWN GOD. oh, i forgot, you said you CANT find one. hahaha

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 09 2014,07:40)
    Jamming,

If I am among the wise then I exist in the form of God and therefore take on the form of a servant even as am am currently made in the likeness of mankind.  It is my hope to be found among the wise on that day.

you still did not answer my question.
    do you exist in the form of MAN or do you exist in the form of your OWN MAN?

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,April wrote:

[/quote]

Your answer is confusing.  Are you claiming Jesus is the Father?

Kerwin,

DID YOU ANALYSE PROPERLY THAT PARTICULAR SCRIPTURE YOU REFERRED TO?

IF YOU DID, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE THAT JESUS REFERRED TO HIMSELF!

HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS FATHER, BUT REGARDING  HIS STATE, AND WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HIS STATE A FEW HOURS AFTER!  

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 09 2014,07:44)
    i believe that the word God in phil 2.6 refers to the nature or essence.

Okay jammin,

That takes care of the FIRST word “God” in verse 6. But what about the second “God”?

Philippians 2:6 NET Bible
    who though he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped………..

Is that talking about equality with a nature or essence? Or equality with the PERSON known as “God”?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,541 through 16,560 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account