JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,481 through 16,500 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 05 2014,23:38)

Quote (kerwin @ April 03 2014,22:23)
    Mike,

The Greek says, “the name of him is called the Word of God”.

It does not say he “is called by the name OF the Word of God” – like you've mistakenly written.

You are correct and perhaps there is a difference in the meaning I am not seeing right now.

Take off any man-made blinders you may be wearing, and look real hard, Kerwin.  If you do that, you WILL see the difference in meaning.

Mike,

There is some differences is possible interpretations but I am not sure if any of those affect are disagreement. I still tired so I am not looking at it real deep at the moment.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

Charles, a mediator is one who intervenes BETWEEN two or more parties.  The mediator cannot BE one of the parties he is intervening BETWEEN.

If the Word mediates BETWEEN Mike Boll and Jehovah, then the Word can neither BE “Mike Boll”, nor “Jehovah”.

MIke,

SCRIPTURE IS CLEAR:

A MEDIATOR IS NOT OF ONE

BUT GOD IS ONE

THEREFORE THE ONLY MEDIATOR GOD COULD HAVE IS

HE HIMSELF, THE GENUINE SPIRIT

WITHIN HIS SON'S SPIRIT,

THE WORD AS A MEDIATOR SPIRIT

HIS GENUINE SPIRIT FROM HIS BOSOM

AND FROM WITHIN THIS MEDIATOR SPIRIT,

THE FATHER HIMSELF CREATED, AND ACHIEVED ALL

THEREFORE:

THE FATHER HIMSELF FUNCTIONED AS THE MEDIATOR FROM WITHIN HIS SON'S SPIRIT,UNDER THE TITLE OF THE WORD

SO BOTH INTERNALLY FROM WITHIN HIS SON, IN HIMSELF, WITH HIS FULL POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

AND EXTERNALLY THROUGH HIS SON'S MANIFESTATIONS!

TANGIBLE!

NO ONE KNOWS  THE FATHER BUT THE SON, NO ONE KNOWS THE SON BUT THE FATHER, ONLY THE SON REVEALED HIM TO WHOM HE WANTED

OBVIOUS HE IS TANGIBLE NOT THE FATHER

AND ON THE LAST DAY, HE ALSO HIMSELF BECOME ALL IN ALL,AND THE FATHER REMAIN A MYSTERIOUS SPIRIT IN FULL AUTHORITY WITHIN HIS SON

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 05 2014,12:24)
    Hi MB,
    Acts 10
    38 [ab]You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, [ac]and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

Do you think the man Jesus did these things because he was really another god?

The verse is unrelated to the question you asked, Nick.

Suppose that I was trying to prove to you that Jesus had two feet, and you thought he only had one foot.

Then you post that scripture, and ask me if Jesus did those things because he had two feet.

See?  It is unrelated.  That verse doesn't prove whether Jesus had two feet or one foot anymore than it proves whether or not Jesus is a god.

On earth, Jehovah did the miracles and signs and wonders through His holy servant Jesus Christ.  This is scriptural.

None of that changes the fact that Jesus was a god (powerful spirit being) before he emptied himself to be made in the likeness of a human being, or the fact that Jesus is now back to his exalted god status.

Nick, your line of reasoning and questions are not really addressing the scriptural facts of the matter.  The fact is that Jehovah Himself called Jesus a god two different times, and Jehovah surely didn't mean it in the derogatory “false god” sense.

These are scriptures, man.  Who are you to say, “Well, I don't personally WANT there to be other gods, so I will continue on pretending that Jehovah's title 'God OF gods' is a completely useless and nonsensical title, since Jehovah is literally the ONLY god.” ?

Nick, “MOST HIGH god” is a SCRIPTURAL teaching.  

“god OF gods” is a SCRIPTURAL teaching.  

“He will be called a mighty god” is a SCRIPTURAL teaching.  

“Your throne, O god, is forever” is a SCRIPTURAL teaching.

You can either believe those scriptural teachings, or believe your man-made doctrine that says the Bible only speaks of one god.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ April 05 2014,13:18)
    Mike B.

You have not revealed to us who your Jesus really is.

I have many times, Wakeup…….. but here goes again:

1. Jesus was the first spirit being that Jehovah ever created.

2. He was with his and our God Jehovah in the beginning.

3. Jehovah subsequently created all other things through His firstborn Son, Jesus.

4. Then Jesus emptied himself of this spirit being form, and was made in the likeness of a human being.

5. He was killed on earth, and God brought him back to the former spirit being existence he had in the beginning.

6. He now sits at the right hand of that God, serving as a mediator between God and us, and will someday judge us.

You believe in all of these same things, but add your own twists to it. For example, you believe my #1, that the Word was the first being “brought forth” from God. But your own twist says that this first separate being used to BE God Himself before becoming a separate being next to God. And your own twist says that this new being is literally the words God speaks.

Aside from those and a few other twists you add into the story, you and I believe basically the same thing.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 05 2014,16:26)
    the word….. changed from the state of not being Jesus to being Jesus………

Again, that is scriptural. Kerwin, what has gotten into you? :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 05 2014,16:29)
    Mike,

JESUS said he had glory alongside God before the world began.

JESUS said he came down from heaven, and that some of the disciples present would see him ascend to WHERE HE WAS BEFORE.  And then that actually happened.

JESUS is the one through whom all things, visible and invisible, whether in heaven or on earth, were created.

These are other passages and the conclusion you made in them may have led to your presumption when interpreting John's words in chapter 1.

Yes Kerwin,

These other teachings undoubtedly helped me to form my understanding that Jesus is the one who was with God in the beginning – the one through whom God created all things – and therefore, the one of whom John speaks in the first chapter of his gospel.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 05 2014,16:32)
    Mike,

I had thought addressed your points well enough with what I said but since you disagree could you enlighten me about those specific points in which I failed to do so?

For starters, you could tell me why John the Baptist would say the same exact words about the one called “the Word” as he said about the one called “Jesus”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 06 2014,02:41)

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

Charles, a mediator is one who intervenes BETWEEN two or more parties.  The mediator cannot BE one of the parties he is intervening BETWEEN.

If the Word mediates BETWEEN Mike Boll and Jehovah, then the Word can neither BE “Mike Boll”, nor “Jehovah”.

MIke,

SCRIPTURE IS CLEAR:

A MEDIATOR IS NOT OF ONE

BUT GOD IS ONE

THEREFORE THE ONLY MEDIATOR GOD COULD HAVE IS

HE HIMSELF………

Charles,

Do you believe Melchizadek was actually Jehovah God Himself?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 29 2014,03:38)
    Ed,

Point #2: Gentiles hearing the good news of the Gospel were
    “Baptized” with God's HolySpirit without being water baptized.

What evidence do you have to support this claim?

Hi Kerwin,

Acts 11:1-17
    and 1Cor.1:17

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB
    You say
    'None of that changes the fact that Jesus was a god (powerful spirit being) before he emptied himself to be made in the likeness of a human being, or the fact that Jesus is now back to his exalted god status'

Scripture does not say that.
    You deduced it and think that is good enough?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 06 2014,22:54)

Quote (kerwin @ April 05 2014,16:32)
    Mike,

I had thought addressed your points well enough with what I said but since you disagree could you enlighten me about those specific points in which I failed to do so?

For starters, you could tell me why John the Baptist would say the same exact words about the one called “the Word” as he said about the one called “Jesus”.

Mike,

John 8:12
    Names of God Bible (NOG)

12 Yeshua spoke to the Pharisees again. He said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will have a life filled with light and will never live in the dark.”

John 9:5
    Names of God Bible (NOG)

5 As long as I’m in the world, I’m light for the world.”

In two places Jesus states he is the light. It is not his name it is who he is. John the Baptist stated he was not the light. Scripture declares he came to witness to the light. There is nothing that reveals the light is ever a person though it is a quality of at least Jesus at a time after the word became flesh.

I find it surprising that Jesus stated he was the light of the world only as long as he in the world. That makes it clear he was not the light before or after he was in the world. Perhaps the translators of various versions are mistaken about their translation of John 9:5.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 07 2014,03:10)

Ed,

Hi Kerwin,

God bless

Ed. J.

I can see how Acts 17:15-17 seem to imply that those that heard the word in the house of Cornelius were baptized in the Spirit but you conclusion is weakened by the fact that gift of the Holy Ghost were giver in the OT when Jesus was not immersing in the Spirit.

Acts 11:15-17
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

You seem to limit your conclusion both further and not as far as Scripture declares as the apostles also received the gifts of the Holy ghost in a like manner and of the Gentiles only Cornelius and his household are said to receive the gift like the apostles.

You also have the conundrum that the Jews and Jewish coverts at Pentecost when they asked what they should do were instructed to repent and immerse themselves in water for the forgiveness of their sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2014,10:16)
    Ed. J.

I can see how Acts 17:15-17 seem to imply that those that heard the word in the house of Cornelius were baptized in the Spirit but you conclusion is weakened by the fact that gift of the Holy Ghost were giver in the OT when Jesus was not immersing in the Spirit.

Hi Kerwin,

I don't get what you are saying here, and
    I did not reference anything from Acts 17?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2014,10:16)

Quote (Ed J @ April 07 2014,03:10)

Ed,

Hi Kerwin,

Ed. J.

1) You seem to limit your conclusion both further and not as far as Scripture declares as the apostles also received the gifts of the Holy ghost in a like manner and of the Gentiles only Cornelius and his household are said to receive the gift like the apostles.

2) You also have the conundrum that the Jews and Jewish coverts at Pentecost when they asked what they should do were instructed to repent and immerse themselves in water for the forgiveness of their sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Hi Kerwin,

1) Huh?
    2) Are you referring to Peter saying who can forbid water baptism?

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

I am referring to several items that feel you are familiar with.

One is Peter's words on Pentecost when he responded to the inquiry of the Jewish and Jewish converts to the event.

Acts 2:37-38
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

Water baptism was given to the Jews to as a confession that they
    understood the Gospel of the messiah (death, burial, & resurrection).

“if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart
     that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man
     believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”  (Rom.10:9-10)

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2014,15:14)
    Hi MB
    You say
    'None of that changes the fact that Jesus was a god (powerful spirit being) before he emptied himself to be made in the likeness of a human being, or the fact that Jesus is now back to his exalted god status'

Scripture does not say that.
    You deduced it and think that is good enough?

Scripture actually DOES say that, Nick. A combination of John 1:1 and Hebrews 1:8 is all that is needed, despite the fact that there is much more said about it in scripture.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 06 2014,17:00)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 06 2014,22:54)

Mike,

In two places Jesus states he is the light.  It is not his name it is who he is.  There is nothing that reveals the light is ever a person………..

So Jesus, a PERSON, says, I am the light of the world” – but there is nothing to reveal to you that the light is a person?   ???

Quote (kerwin @ April 06 2014,17:00)
    I find it surprising that Jesus stated he was the light of the world only as long as he in the world.  That makes it clear he was not the light before or after he was in the world.

Rather, it makes it clear that whoever the light was, he just wasn't yet in the world.  Read John 1:9, Kerwin.  The true light was coming into the world.  Then, 33 years later, that true light left the world again – just as Jesus foretold in John 9:5.

On the other hand, you can't say those things about “the literal utterance of God” – which had already been in the world for 4000 years by that time……. and remains in the world to this very day.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ April 06 2014,17:20)
    Hi Kerwin,

I don't get what you are saying here……….

I was thinking the same thing when I read Kerwin's response, Ed. :)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 07 2014,12:02)

Quote (Ed J @ April 06 2014,17:20)
    Hi Kerwin,

I don't get what you are saying here……….

I was thinking the same thing when I read Kerwin's response, Ed.  :)

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear it's not just me. :)

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 16,481 through 16,500 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account