JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,441 through 16,460 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,19:32)
    Hi MB,
    So logic again forms a false foundation for you and you struggle to grasp what is spiritual?

That isn't an answer to my questions, Nick. It is mindless tripe.

I will take that mindless tripe to mean, “Yes Mike, David was called a king because he WAS a king, and Abraham was called a lord because he WAS a lord, and Moses was called a man of God because he WAS a man of God.”

Because THAT is the only honest answer to those questions, Nick.

So you're welcome for me helping you to be more honest.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You have your answer directly from scripture.
    But you are obsessed with making your dogma hold together.

Are you your own god?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You have never answered the question as to whether or not you are one of US who recognise one God.
    Could this be why?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,19:56)
    Hi MB,
    You have your answer directly from scripture.

Which “scripture” have you shown me that teaches us that Jehovah called Jesus a god twice to show that Jesus was a “false, so-called god”?

I prefer an answer to ALL of my questions, but at least answer this one:

Do you believe Jehovah called Jesus a god in a derogatory sense, meaning that Jesus was just another of the many “so-called fake gods”?  YES or NO?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You have no interest in any scriptures that do not offer a level of support to your daft mission.
    Why is this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    God also wrote 1 cor 8.
    You need to try to align it with the other verses you choose to exalt

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    It seems you really are not one of US.
    Polytheism is not OUR way

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,20:04)
    Hi MB,
    You have never answered the question as to whether or not you are one of US who recognise one God.

Yes Nick,

For me, there is but one God, the Father, and one Lord, Jesus Christ.

This does not mean that Jesus Christ is literally the ONLY lord in existence – nor does it mean that the Father is literally the ONLY god in existence.

Is Jesus LITERALLY your ONLY Lord, Nick? Is not Jehovah also your Lord?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You can add all you like to scripture but do not expect US to join in too.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,20:22)
    Hi MB,
    God also wrote 1 cor 8.
    You need to try to align it with the other verses you choose to exalt

It aligns perfectly, Nick.

Here, let me repost that part of verse 5 for you again: as indeed there ARE many gods and many lords.

What do you make of that, Nick? Is Paul talking only about false gods and idols? If so, which one of the two is Jesus, who is called a god by Jehovah Himself?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,20:26)
    Hi MB,
    You can add all you like to scripture but do not expect US to join in too.

Is Jesus LITERALLY your ONLY Lord, Nick? Or is Jehovah also your Lord?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,20:18)
    Hi MB,
    You have no interest in any scriptures that do not offer a level of support to your daft mission.
    Why is this?

Well, first you must SHOW me a scripture that teaches me that Jehovah called Jesus a god in a DEROGATORY, FALSE GOD sense.

How can I “pick and choose” between the scriptures when you have yet to show me the FIRST one that says such a thing? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    I do not play your silly word games all aimed at glorifying your view.
    Find the truth in scripture rather than philosophical folly

mikeboll64
    Blocked

What? Because you can't find a scripture that tells us Jehovah called Jesus a god in a derogatory, false god sense, I'm playing “silly games”? :)

Because you can't answer ANY of the 20 questions I've asked you, I'm playing “silly games”? :)

Nick, if you can't find the scriptures to support your belief, or answer even the simplest of questions from me, perhaps your view is flawed and unscriptural.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Should we care about your view if you are not really one of US?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You USE scripture to try and bolster your weak dogmas
    Really you ought to let it teach you

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

The Greek says, “the name of him is called the Word of God”.

It does not say he “is called by the name OF the Word of God” – like you've mistakenly written.

You are correct and perhaps there is a difference in the meaning I am not seeing right now.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

If “God” was the one who was going to become the mediator anyway, then what need did He have FOR a mediator in the first place?

Did God say, “I cannot talk to these people directly, so I will become a mediator so I CAN talk to them directly!” ?

Mike,

IT SEEMS TO ME, THAT YOUR WORLDLY WISDOM MAKES YOU UNDERSTAND THAT A MEDIATOR WAS NEEDED JUST FOR TALKING

WHICH IS AN ABSOLUTE CHIMPANZEE REASONING!

I SAID:

SINCE IT IS A MATERIAL CREATION WHICH OBVIOUS WAS OF THE ENEMIES OF GOD!

THEREFORE ONLY THROUGH A MEDIATOR, GOD HIMSELF IN THE FUNCTION OF

THE WORD COULD DO IT!

OK?

THE FACT THAT OUR CREATION WAS OF SINFUL CREATURES, AFTER THE REBEL,IN ORDER TO BE REDEEMED,

ONLY THROUGH A MEDIATOR SPIRIT, THE WORD

GOD HIMSELF AS THE MEDIATOR!

SINCE GOD IS ONE,

THEREFORE NO ONE WAS POSSIBLE TO ACT AS A MEDIATOR IN RELATION TO  GOD!

THEREFORE, THERE WAS ONLY ONE WAY OUT, THAT GOD, HUMBLY, PATIENTLY, AND LOVINGLY, HIDDEN MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM AND DID IT ALL:

FIRST

WITH, AND THROUGH THE WORD HE  CREATED ALL!

AND THEN

IN AND BY THE WORD MADE FLESH HE REDEEMED ALL!

AND IN THE SAME PROCESS, HE CONFIRMED THAT THE WORD

ALL THE TIME, FROM THE VERY FIRST DAY OF CRATION,

WAS AND IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 04 2014,11:52)

Quote (jammin @ April 03 2014,07:50)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 03 2014,09:29)

I guess I'm not seeing your point, jammin.

If Jesus had human nature while he was on earth, then Jesus had limitations while he was on earth, right?  

And what did YOU tell me about limitations?  Didn't YOU tell me that if one has limitations, that one is not God?

You can't say that Jesus was God on earth AND ALSO had limitations because of his flesh nature, right?

Because if he truly was God on earth, then there would be no limitations, right?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.  Please try again.

ok let me make this very simple for you to understand.

jesus has the nature of MAN and nature of God while he was on earth.

so if your question is about LIMITATIONS of christ, it refers to the human nature. because christ became like us and that is why HE HAD LIMITATIONS.

HUMAN has limitations.

BUT if your question is about the nature of God, Christ is all knowing, all powerful, unique, etc

Nope.  Still not any nearer to clearer.

It seems like you're trying to tell me that someone was both “limited” AND “unlimited” at the same time.

But surely that must be a misunderstanding on my part, because no sensible person would ever make such a claim, right?

do you believe christ became human? yes or no?

do you believe that HUMAN nature has limitations? yes or no?

do you believe before Christ became human, he was in the form of God (not a god)? yes or no?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 04 2014,02:25)
    Jammin……..if you did and intent study on those scriptures in Phi 2:6, you would find it should read this way, Jesus who existed with the Nature of God thought not to rob God to makes himself equal with him. Jesus could have very easily did that, How by taking credit for the Miracles the were done through him as if they were coming from Him.

Here is a good example of this , remember when Jesus told Martha Lazarus's  sister, Joh 11:40..Said i not unto you, if you would believe, you should see the glory of God Now Jammin notice the last part of  verse 42 , ……> I said it, that they may believe you have sent me.

Question, why did Jesus say that?, answer, because it could easily have appeared that Jesus was taking the place of God to Martha and the others around when he said the would see the GLORY OF GOD,  that is why he clarified it to God the Father, Had he not it would appear as if he were trying to be “EQUAL” with God and himself doing the Miracle of raising Lazarus back to life, as you falsely Preach.  

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

you did not answer my question.

jesus has the form of God BEFORE he became HUMAN. that means he has pre existence.

what was your form before you became human?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,441 through 16,460 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account