JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,381 through 16,400 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2014,18:46)
    Hi MB,
    As Heb 1 says it is spoken to the SON of God.

What's his name, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The Son of God is Jesus Christ, reborn as God alone's son at the Jordan

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 31 2014,18:44)
    Mike b.

Your word is yours alone Mike.

Blah, blah, blah, diversion, Wakeup.

YOU told me that God called the being next to him “O God”.

Now, if that “being next to him” isn't HIMSELF, then God was calling a DIFFERENT BEING “O God”, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2014,18:50)
    Hi MB,
    The Son of God is Jesus Christ, reborn as God alone's son at the Jordan

So the “Son” in verse 8 is JESUS CHRIST, right? And his own God, Jehovah, called him “O God”, right?

Yet you insist there literally exists only ONE God, Nick. So if Jesus isn't that ONE God, how do you explain that he is called “O God” by Jehovah?

And how do you explain Isaiah 9:6, where Jehovah foretold that Jesus would be called “mighty god”?

Is this starting to get through to you yet? If Jesus ISN'T actually Jehovah, yet Jehovah Himself has called him a god in at least TWO DIFFERNT scriptures, what does that tell you?

Does it tell you that you should hide your head in the sand, and keep pretending and preaching that Jesus isn't a god? Or will you finally start speaking ACCORDING TO the very plain scriptures?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You really should not misquote scripture or me
    Scripture says FOR US there is one God

Are you one of US?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2014,11:51)

Mike b.

Now, if that “being next to him” isn't HIMSELF, then God was calling a DIFFERENT BEING “O God”, right?

MikeB

Oh Lord have mercy.

That being as I have said is GOD'S OWN WORD.
    HIS OWN,HIS OWN,HIS OWN.
    The holy spirit is also not another,but God's own spirit.
    God's own Word,and God's own holy spirit.
    They are in God, and of God.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:D :laugh: :D

You guys are funny when you're cornered by the scriptures themselves!

Nick, Am I misquoting scripture to say that Jehovah called Jesus “O God” in Hebrews 1:8?

Am I misquoting scripture to say that Jehovah foretold that Jesus would be called “mighty god” in Isaiah 9:6?

I would like YES or NO answers to both of these questions. You have basically called me a liar, and now you'll have to own those words. If I have misquoted either of those two above, then show me how I did so. If I haven't, then make a very CLEAR apology to me, and answer that last post I made to you.

Wakeup, is the Holy Spirit of God a completely different living, breathing BEING – like you've said the Word is?

If not, then please don't compare the two to get out of this corner you're in.

Now, we agree that God's Word is NEXT TO God Himself. That means God's Word ISN'T actually God Himself – as you've said MANY times, right?

So, what does it mean that God Himself called this OTHER living, breathing BEING who is NOT God Himself “O God”?

In other words, how does Jehovah call a DIFFERENT being “god” if there is literally only ONE god?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB
    You claim
    “Yet you insist there literally exists only ONE God, Nick. “

Where?
    Read the scripture again

FOR US

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

So then “The Word” isn't actually “God Himself”, right Charles?

Mike,

YOU SAID THAT GOD NEEDS NO ONE! WHICH I AGREE, BUT

NOW READ WHAT I POSTED FEW PAGES BACK:

GOD NEEDED A MEDIATOR! THE WORD

NOT CHOOSES TO HAVE A MEDIATOR!

GOD WAS IN NEED OF A SPIRIT WHICH COULD BE BETWEEN ALL CREATURES NEVER MIND EVIL CREATURES

,AND HIM,

IN ORDER FOR GOD TO MAINTAIN ETERNAL LIFE! IN THEM TILL THEY ARE BACK TO THE FATHER!

SO YES

SINCE GOD WAS IN NEED OF A MEDIATOR, AND GOD DOESN'T NEED ANY BODY, APART FROM HIMSELF, AND CREATION WAS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT A MEDIATOR,

BOTH AS A SPIRIT USED IN CREATION

AND AS MAN TO REDEEM CREATION

THEREFORE THAT MEDIATOR IS HIMSELF AS THE WORD!

BUT AS SCRIPTURE SAYS: MEDIATOR IS NOT OF ONE,

GALATIANS 3:20 Now a mediator is not of one: but God is one.

BUT GOD IS ONE

THEREFORE SINCE GOD NEEDED A MEDIATOR , AND GOD IS ONE, GOD IS THAT SAME MEDIATOR

,BUT AS THE WORD

AND I GAVE DETAILS REGARDING HOW IS THE FUNCTION OF THE WORD ACHIEVED BY GOD HIMSELF!  

THIS IS SCRIPTURE MIKE, WHICH DECLARES THAT GOD IS THAT SAME MEDIATOR,

HIS SON'S SPIRIT, THE WORD, FIRST CREATED ALL  CREATION,

AND THAN AS THE WORD MADE FLESH,JESUS CHRIST,  REDEEMED CREATION!

SO THAT'S THE ONLY REASON THAT GOD NEVER NEEDED ANY BODY! BECAUSE HE IS

OMNIPOTENCE, OMNIPRESENCE, OMNISCIENCE, AND OMNIBENEVOLENCE!

SO HE CAN BE IN HIMSELF! IN A SPIRIT OF HIS OWN SELF!

THE WORD   AND  JESUS CHRIST!

SO ON HIS RIGHT HAND! HE IS NEXT TO HIMSELF AS

THE ONLY MEDIATOR UP TO NOW!

ON THE LAST DAY GOD WOULD OWN  THAT SAME BEING FOR ETERNITY!

AND THAT SAME BEING WOULD BE THE ENTIRE CREATION, GOD'S KINGDOM!

THEREFORE:

THE HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD!

NOW WHAT IS A BEING WITHOUT A HEAD CALLED?

AND WHAT IS A HEAD WITHOUT A BODY CALLED ?

Peace and love in Jesus

Wakeup
    Participant

Carmel.

That's about it.Good one.
    The Word of God is a mediator between God and man.
    On earth He was named Jesus,and in heaven He is named The word of God.

We still have a mediator now: its called the Word of God
    in print,but the spirit is there. Without the Holy bible we can not come to God.

Take away the Holy bible and we are lost.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2014,11:51)

Mike b.

Mike B.

Yes for it is written.
    Let all worship Him,all the creatures in heaven,in the sea and on the earth.
    He is worshipped;also by the angels.Therefore He is God. God's own word; God's own Word;God's own Word.
    You have the Word: You also have God.
    You can not worship God, and not worship His Word.
    Or worship His Word and not worship God.

Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power,
    ***be unto him that sitteth upon the throne,***
    ***AND UNTO THE LAMB for ever and ever***.

I know you will not worship the lamb,because he is just a spokesman;just a servant crucified for us.
    Another God. A man; glorified into a god.
    He has done his job; now ready to be put in a corner, or put in the waste basket.

This is so sad.There are many like you.Lord have mercy.

wakeup.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 31 2014,18:24)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 29 2014,03:00)

Jammin,

It is broken because it is full of contradictions.  No matter how trinitarians try to explain it the cannot justify God being tempted like us under any circumstances.

Their attempt to justify it by claiming Jesus is 100% man at the same time he is 100% God is a malicious joke.  That claim is broken because anyone knows a creature cannot be 100% human and 100% canine at the same time.  In other words it must be excepted on blind faith sin “human” wisdom declares it a broken doctrine.

The claim that “human” wisdom could not comprehend the Sadducee doctrine there is no resurrection of the dead when Jesus use implications of a Scriptural passage to prove otherwise.  David Koresh could have used it to answer those that declared his doctrine that he could have sex with the wives of other men was not Scriptural.  It is a fallback position of a flawed teaching.

there was no contradictions to the doctrine that i have posted here. you only create confusions.

Christ is the Word of God john 1.1

rev 19.13

do you see contradictions there? i dont think so. but because you have the doctrine of men, you will think that they do have contradictions.

you do not know how to understand the context of the bible.

this topic should be closed. it is more than 1000 pages and it is very clear that Christ is the Word of God in john 1.1

it is a title of Christ. he is the Word of God and he has the same nature just like his father. he is God.

Jammin.

I see the reasoning is flawed as the conclusion does not follow from the premises.  

In math it is like saying x=1 at an earlier period of time based on the fact x=1 at a later period of time. There is always the chance the value of x was changed to 1 at some between the two periods of time.

It is not a contradiction though you do not have enough evidence to support your conclusion.

You error a second time by trying to use your poorly reasoned conclusion to unintentionally imply Scripture is broken and so it is useless to try to test it by reason.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2014,10:08)
    Hi KW,
    Only grace can make us sons of God in and alike to Jesus.

Nick,

Yes, that is true though you can also say it other ways.

God's grace, God's grace, pretty much the same thing.

carmel
    Participant

Wakeup,April wrote:

[/quote]

We still have a mediator now: its called the Word of God
    in print,but the spirit is there. Without the Holy bible we can not come to God.

Wakeup,

Take away the Holy bible and we are lost.  100% RIGHT!

BUT

NO! it is not CALLED the word of God! in print only, BUT ALSO

THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST!

THE WORD AS A MEDIATOR LEFT THE FATHER

THE WORD  AS A MEDIATOR CREATED ALL

THE WORD  CREATED MARY  BY BEING  HER SOUL

THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH! JESUS' BODY, BY THE HOLY SPIRIT THROUGH MARY,AS JESUS' SOUL

THE WORD MADE FLESH, JESUS' SOUL, EX HOLY SPIRIT, GLORIFIED FIRST AND ACQUIRED JESUS' BODY IN THE SAME INSTANT JESUS DIED HIS DEATH, WENT TO HELL AND PREACHED THE GOSPEL!

THE WORD MADE FLESH, JESUS' BODY, AFTER THREE DAYS GLORIFIED AND RESTORED HIS OWN BODY AND RESURRECTED!

THEN THE WORD MADE FLESH  JESUS' SOUL

AND

THE WORD MADE FLESH JESUS' BODY

INTEGRATED AND BECAME ONE SPIRITUAL FLESH BODY BOTH GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST!

CAN YOU GET THIS INTO YOUR MINDS ALL OF YOU ON HEAVEN NET?

THEREFORE THE STORY OF THE WORD IS FINISHED, IT HAS ACCOMPLISHED ITS WORK FOR ETERNITY!

AND BECAME:

THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST, OUR MEDIATOR, AND HE IS IN FULL COMMAND OF THE UNIVERSES,ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD!

IT IS STILL PROSPERING TILL ALL CREATURES NO MATTER WHO RETURN TO THE FATHER!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Wakeup
    Participant

Carmel.

THE WORD MADE FLESH, JESUS' SOUL, EX HOLY SPIRIT, GLORIFIED FIRST AND ACQUIRED JESUS' BODY IN THE SAME INSTANT JESUS DIED HIS DEATH, WENT TO HELL AND PREACHED THE GOSPEL!

If jesus went to hell and preached the gospel;in that instant,
    then he is not really dead, is He?
    Scripture says that He was resurrected the third day,
    not before. After His resurrection; He went and preached
    to the angels in prison.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    1peter 3

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2014,20:18)
    Hi MB
    You claim
    “Yet you insist there literally exists only ONE God, Nick. “

Where?
    Read the scripture again

FOR US

Oh, I see. So then you agree that, LITERALLY SPEAKING, there are indeed other gods besides Jehovah, right?

A “YES” or “NO” will suffice.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    1cor 8
    As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 01 2014,00:50)
    GOD NEEDED A MEDIATOR! THE WORD

NOT CHOOSES TO HAVE A MEDIATOR!

Charles,

Your claim is that because God NEEDED to talk to His creations, He NEEDED a mediator to do so.

But God has no NEED to talk to any of us. He might CHOOSE to do so, but He surely doesn't NEED to. It's not like God will die if He doesn't talk to a human being, right?

So once again, God doesn't NEED anyone or anything. Are we clear on that?

Secondly, if God wanted to talk to any of us directly, He can. So once again, God doesn't NEED a mediator to go between us and Him. Instead, God CHOSE to place a mediator between us and Him.

Don't confuse CHOICE with NEED, Charles.

And thirdly – back to the point of my last post to you:

Since God CHOSE not to talk to us directly, and CHOSE to use a mediator to go between Him and us, it is clear that the mediator that goes BETWEEN God and human beings is not the very God he mediates between.

So you are correct that the mediator is the Word. But you are incorrect that this mediator actually IS the very God he makes intercession on our behalf to.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ April 01 2014,01:40)
    Let all worship Him,all the creatures in heaven,in the sea and on the earth.

He is worshipped;also by the angels.

Wakeup,

There are no Greek or Hebrew scriptures that speak about worshipping the servant of God, Jesus Christ.  There are bad, Trinitarian-biased TRANSLATIONS of those scriptures that say that – but no actual scripture says it.

Jesus himself told us who to worship, Wakeup.  And Jesus told us that he himself also worships that same One.

Quote (Wakeup @ April 01 2014,01:40)
    Therefore He is God. God's own word; God's own Word;God's own Word.

Eddy, are you paying attention?  :)  

Here you go again, Wakeup.  You continue to claim that the Word IS God, but then throw a hissy fit if I ever bring up your belief that the Word IS God.  You tell me that you NEVER said the Word IS God, but have always maintained that the Word is OF God, and NOT God Himself.

But look at your own words above……. the ones I supersized.  What do they say, Wakeup?

Like I told Ed, you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

So I want a CLEAR and CONCISE answer – one that you are going to STICK WITH from here on out……….. Is the Word of God OF God – or is the Word of God God Himself?

He cannot be both “God” and “OF God”, Wakeup.  So which one of those two things is he?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,381 through 16,400 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account