JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,281 through 16,300 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    So we need your additions to understand your point?

Paul did what he was told to do

He had wisdom[as Peter said], and his wisdom was more important to be shared than the easy role of dipping.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Rebellion has always stood in the way on the path to salvation.
    Are you greater than the apostles?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    “Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ ;
    that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead ,
    that we should bring forth fruit unto God.” (Romans 7:4)

Romans was written to the new jewish converts in Rome
    Indeed reliance on the Law by Jews who are joined to Christ is anathema.
    They are joined as in a marriage union with Christ and the schoolmaster is no longer involved in this relationship.

Wakeup
    Participant

Do not forbid baptising in water.

But the piont I am making is this:
    That one baptised in water is not one that is BORN AGAIN.
    You only will be BORN AGAIN when you come out of Mother Zion's womb.Meaning ;the resurrection.

She is spirit,and she will give birth to spirit children.
    If you are Born of the spirit; you are spirit.
    water is not spirit.

wakeup.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 28 2014,10:23)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 26 2014,06:20)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 26 2014,13:39)

I only need to accept the words YOU said, jammin.

If he has limitations, then he is not God.

Jesus has limitations.  That should clear it up once and for all, right?

that is the HUMAN nature of JESUS.

do you understand?

So Jesus exists right now with both human and God natures?

If that was the case, then I would be right in saying Jesus has limitations, right?  And you told me that if one has limitations, that one is not “God”.

But let me ask you this, jammin:  Which of Jesus' two natures will destroy his enemies – the last of which will be death?

as i have said, if you are talking about the human nature then my answer is YES. as HUMAN, we have limitations. as GOD, no limitations.

for your second question, create a thread for that one

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 28 2014,08:15)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 27 2014,18:21)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 27 2014,04:42)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 26 2014,18:20)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 24 2014,07:41)
    unless you dont want to accept that verse then you have to make your own heb 1.10 hahahah

Actually,

do you understand?

Jammin,

It is not understandable because it is another broken trinitarian tenet.  It can only be accepted on blind faith.  You have made the choice to do so.

oh really? you call it blind faith if the belief is WRITTEN in the bible. but if it is NOT WRITTEN, you call it true faith?

i am not surprised because your doctrine came from men.
    this topic is now more than 1000 pages but i did not see any proof from you that the Word in john 1.1 is not Christ.

you are one of those people who do not want to listen to the true meaning of the word of God.

2 Timothy 4:3-4
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

Jammin,

I call it blind faith because it cannot be tested against Scripture.  It is broken and Scripture cannot be broken.   You can claim what you want but that does not change what is.

it is not broken. i gave you verse, you gave me imaginations.

stop sniffing mosquito coil kerwin, it is not good for your brain.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all………..Baptism is required, but it does not guarantee receiving the Holy Spirit of God. Many have been baptized and have not the Spirit. And some received the Spirit before they were baptized. Originally baptism was a type of ceremonial cleansing , that a person had to do before he could go into the temple of God to be presented before Him. The temple had lots of bathing tubs for such a purpose.  A person would have to be dunked into the water to be considered clean enough to go into the temple, John was baptizing the people in the Jordan river.

We are baptized in water as a symbol of spiritually being made clean, in the name of Christ as a symbol of His cleansing Work, by his blood which he poured out for us, that cleanses us from our sins. But we still need the Holy Spirit to work in us to complete the process and bring us to perfection. IMO

peace and love to you all and yours…………………………..gene

Wakeup
    Participant

Gene B.

I agree; and water baptism is not being Born again.
    Born again is when Mother Zion has given birth to all her children. She is spirit; and her children also will be born spirit.

Many confuse born again and the renewing of the mind.
    The renewing of the mind is when one has adopted the thinking of Christ;but still in the flesh.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2014,09:21)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 28 2014,09:04)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2014,03:19)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 28 2014,03:09)

Quote (journey42 @ Mar. 27 2014,12:52)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 27 2014,17:00)
    Journey,

Jesus is not a half-God.  The Greek polytheistic religion had plenty of half-god's and they had no trouble making that clear to their hearers and yet not one word in Scripture about Jesus being a half-God.

Kerwin

Jesus was 100% human,
    but his Father is God.
    It's that simple.

Journey,

Jesus was 100% human as for his flesh, soul, spirit but 100% son of God as for his Spirit.

k

WRONG ,THE SOUL CAN NOT BE KILLED BY ANYONE ELSE THAN GOD ;SCRIPTURES SAY SO ,

SO THE SOUL OF JESUS WAS THE SAME IN HEAVEN THAN ON EARTH AS IT BECAME FLESH

T,

If Jesus' soul was anything other than human he would not have been a human.  If you take the soul of a rabbit and place in a human body you have a rabbit in a human body.  If God were to place his soul in a human body then he would still be God and not a human being.

K

you are mixing up ;a rabbit soul will always be a rabbit ,

but the soul of a spirit being is the same as the spirit being of a man except that men as been corrupt and so lost his shine ,

remember what scriptures says ;Ge 3:22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us,(could a rabbit ever dream to become like one of us ???)

was it not the soul ??? or was it the flesh ??? or was it ???

T,

You are dropping the word like from your interpretation as well as the words “has now”. Due to Adam and Eve's sin man is now like the angels in knowing both good and evil.

I do not know God's plans for rabbits but I know that Scripture does not say the were created in the image of God, which is to say Spiritual(supernatural). They are soulical (natural)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 28 2014,19:52)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 28 2014,08:15)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 27 2014,18:21)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 27 2014,04:42)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 26 2014,18:20)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 24 2014,07:41)
    unless you dont want to accept that verse then you have to make your own heb 1.10 hahahah

Actually,

do you understand?

Jammin,

It is not understandable because it is another broken trinitarian tenet.  It can only be accepted on blind faith.  You have made the choice to do so.

oh really? you call it blind faith if the belief is WRITTEN in the bible. but if it is NOT WRITTEN, you call it true faith?

i am not surprised because your doctrine came from men.
    this topic is now more than 1000 pages but i did not see any proof from you that the Word in john 1.1 is not Christ.

you are one of those people who do not want to listen to the true meaning of the word of God.

2 Timothy 4:3-4
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

Jammin,

I call it blind faith because it cannot be tested against Scripture.  It is broken and Scripture cannot be broken.   You can claim what you want but that does not change what is.

it is not broken. i gave you verse, you gave me imaginations.

stop sniffing mosquito coil kerwin, it is not good for your brain.

Jammin,

It is broken because it is full of contradictions.  No matter how trinitarians try to explain it the cannot justify God being tempted like us under any circumstances.

Their attempt to justify it by claiming Jesus is 100% man at the same time he is 100% God is a malicious joke.  That claim is broken because anyone knows a creature cannot be 100% human and 100% canine at the same time.  In other words it must be excepted on blind faith sin “human” wisdom declares it a broken doctrine.

The claim that “human” wisdom could not comprehend the Sadducee doctrine there is no resurrection of the dead when Jesus use implications of a Scriptural passage to prove otherwise.  David Koresh could have used it to answer those that declared his doctrine that he could have sex with the wives of other men was not Scriptural.  It is a fallback position of a flawed teaching.

kerwin
    Participant

Journey42,

The angels were created spirit. Heavenly creatures.

The claims that angels were created spirits is at best a teaching that is hinted at in Scripture. It is based on a weak circumstantial case that is spun to justify why angels are recorded as both eating and being touched. That spin is based on nothing but the need to justify the flaws in the circumstantial case that angels were created spirits.

Psalm 104:4
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

4 who maketh his angels spirits;
    his ministers a flaming fire:

Technically both his messengers and ministers are angels and the correct translation is he makes his messengers winds and his ministers flaming fire. God's angel messengers are as fast as the wind and his angel ministers are full of flaming fire and God made them that way.

Paul actually tells us that both groups are angels in Hebrews 1:7 with the words “And of the angels he saith” and yet so many translators translated it otherwise.

The World English Bible gets it correct in Psalms 104:4 but not in Hebrews 1:7 where it is even more obvious.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Point #2: Gentiles hearing the good news of the Gospel were
    “Baptized” with God's HolySpirit without being water baptized.

What evidence do you have to support this claim?

My guess is the fact that Cornelius and his household spoke in tongues before being immersed in water. Of basing your claim on that evidence ignores the fact that the 70 elders spoke in tongues before Jesus was conceived much less sacrificed himself on the cross and was resurrected to seal the new covenant.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Philip baptised in water.
    He also arranged for his brothers to come and lay hands on the new converts as that was their gift. acts 8.13-14

Both are required.

But men would prefer to pick and choose from what is of God's command[jn3]

carmel
    Participant

No Charles,

God is able to create children for Abraham out of stones of the field.  He doesn't NEED anything, or anyone.

Never has, never will.

YES MIKE I KNOW ALL ABOUT THAT,

BUT DID HE NEED HIS SON?

OR RATHER HE IS HIMSELF IN HIS SON'S BODY!

OR EVEN RATHER HE EMANATED HIS OWN SPIRIT SUBSTANCE INTO FLESH SUBSTANCE, AND ABIDED IN HIMSELF AS JESUS!

IN THAT WAY HE WAS FOR SURE IN NO NEED OF HIS SON!

WON'T HE?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2014,05:05)
    Hi,
    Philip baptised in water.
    He also arranged for his brothers to come and lay hands on the new converts as that was their gift. acts 8.13-14

Both are required.

But men would prefer to pick and choose from what is of God's command[jn3]

Nick.

You still dont get it.(concentrate).

I am trying to explain about being born again.
    Not about baptism.
    The churches have teaching the flock for centuries that baptism is; when one is born again.

This is not correct; one is not born again at baptism.
    One is born again when mother zion(spirit) gives birth to all Her children.Spirit children. When you are born of the spirit;
    YOU ARE SPIRIT.

btw:
    Let us all be baptised in water.Good.
    Complete the tradition.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes WU,
    Rebirth is from above by the Spirit.
    We are given the Spirit unto eternal life.

But God commands the vessels first be washed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn1
    12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Power to become.
    But some seeds cannot grow

kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

One is born again when mother zion(spirit) gives birth to all Her children.Spirit children. When you are born of the spirit;
    YOU ARE SPIRIT.

The only time a human being is a spirit being is when they are dead, a ghost. Don't your believe is the resurrection of the dead?

What Scripture states is that believers are immersed for the forgiveness of their sins and then they will receive the gift of the Spirit. You cannot break that passage and remove the word “and” from it.

After a believer has received the gift of the Spirit they are instructed to walk according to its ways. Those that do so are the new man created like God in true righteousness and holiness. Such believers show by their fruits that they are born again and become mature.

Your chosen teaching is denying that men receive the Spirit of God.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 29 2014,09:45)
    Wakeup,

YOU ARE SPIRIT.

The only time a human being is a spirit being is when they are dead, a ghost.  Don't your believe is the resurrection of the dead?

What Scripture states is that believers are immersed for the forgiveness of their sins and then they will receive the gift of the Spirit.  You cannot break that passage and remove the word “and” from it.  

After a believer has received the gift of the Spirit they are instructed to walk according to its ways.  Those that do so are the new man created like God in true righteousness and holiness.  Such believers show by their fruits that they are born again and become mature.

Your chosen teaching is denying that men receive the Spirit of God.

Kerwin.

Do you know how it feels to be
    baptised with the Holy spirit?
    Have you gone through that experience?
    Learn from pantecost.

The Holy spirit is not given liberally.
    Only the true seekers will get their eyes opened.
    Many learned men read, and are baptised with water,
    but not given the Holy spirit.
    Therefore in error. The heart is the key.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2014,09:27)
    Hi,
    Jn1
    12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Power to become.
    But some seeds cannot grow

Nick.

Understand.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Many received Him ,but it stops there.
    To receive Him is also to follow Him.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

This can be confusing if not well understood.
    We are all born by the will of man,and of water and blood.
    John was speaking of the born again.
    The ones born of the spirit. They are born by the will of God.
    The resurrection is of God. Not of man.

Yes power to become.
    If we really follow Christ we have power to become
    the sons of God.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,281 through 16,300 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account