JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,881 through 15,900 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 13 2014,07:50)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 13 2014,10:15)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 12 2014,07:52)
    wallace said Christ is God and you dont agree with that.

Wallace sensibly taught us that the construction of John 1:1 keeps us from identifying the Word with God.  His teaching is also supported by the 25 Trinitarian scholars from NETNotes.

1. There exists only one Most High God, jammin.  Do you agree with that?  YES or NO?

2. In the beginning, the Word was with that one Most High God.  Do you agree with that?  YES or NO?

but before i discuss that further, i do agree with all the statements of wallace. how about you?

wallace said Christ is God. do you agree?

In the very first post I made after you quoted Wallace, I told you very plainly that I agree 100% with him that John wrote 1:1 in such a way as to keep anyone from identifying the Word with God.

And in that same post, I also told you that it was beyond me how the same guy who so brilliantly laid out that first part could then conclude that the Word WAS God.

I told you that his final conclusion went AGAINST the very words he himself had just written.

Do you remember any of this? Apparently not, so I will say once again: NO jammin, I do NOT agree with Wallace's conclusion that Christ is God.

Now, there are two very simple questions I asked you in my last post. I have supersized those questions in the quote box above. Please answer them honestly and directly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,

Psalm 2:7 (KJV)
    7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Heb 5.5
    So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Mt3
    17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2014,14:59)
    Hi MB,

Father God is not with God.

And is there another “God” besides “Father God”?

If so, who is this other God?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2014,15:01)
    Hi MB,
    Everything you cannot grasp is nonsense?

I am able to grasp all of it, Nick. Nothing in the scriptures is nonsense for me. Not only are the words inspired by God, but they are also written for the sole purpose of making sense to human beings.

In other words, God made sure His written word was understandable, and made sense to us.

It does all make sense to me, Nick. I don't have to fall back on that tired old excuse, “The things of God don't have to make sense to us humans”.

That is the excuse used only by people who have come up with NONSENSICAL doctrines. If your doctrine truly makes sense, you'll never have to use that tired and weak excuse. Which is why you'll never see me using it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Another God?
    You must be joking.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Making sense to you is the prime requisite of the spiritual teachings of God?
    You are not an oracle.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The WORD was God
    No other gods

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

No it's not, Charles.  But I'm asking if God's other spirit sons, the ones who aren't Jesus, also existed from eternity.

Because you claimed that fathers existing before their sons exist was only a flesh thing, and it is the opposite in heaven.

If your claim is true, then not only Jesus, but also his spirit brothers in heaven, have all existed from eternity.

Is this the case?  Or was your claim wrong?

Mike,

EXPLAIN THIS:

the ones who aren't Jesus,

CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT ALL WAS CREATED BY, IN , AND FOR JESUS!

MIKE! HE IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH, GOD'S KINGDOM!

ALSO , JESUS NEVER HAD   BROTHERS IN HEAVEN, SINCE JESUS WAS

THE ONE AND ONLY ONE IN THE BOSOM OF THE FATHER,.

HE WAS NOT A CREATURE, AND ALSO CAME ONLY ONCE AS A BEING ON HIS OWN, IN A UNIQUE STATE, AND THAT WHEN HE WAS BORN OF A WOMAN AND TO BECOME SO HE CAME FROM HEAVEN DIRECTLY FROM THE FATHER!

Hebrews 1:2………… whom he hath appointed heir of all things, INCLUDING THE TITLE OF GOD by whom also he made the world. 3Who being the brightness of his GOD’S glory, and the figure of his GOD’S substance, and upholding all things by the word of his GOD’S power, making purgation of sins, sitteth on the right hand of the majesty on high. 4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath inherited a more excellent name than they. DEFINITELY GOD’S

5For to which of the angels hath he said at any time, THOUGH ART MY SON, to day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

SCRIPTURE IS CLEAR ONLY JESUS IS THE SON, SO JESUS HAS NO SPIRIT BROTHERS, AND THE ANGELS ARE NOT GOD’S SONS!

6And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith: And let all the angels of God adore him. SO JESUS IS UNIQUE, SINCE THE ANGELS OF GOD  ADORE HIM! NO COMPARISON, NEVER MIND BROTHERS!

8But to the Son: Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of justice is the sceptre of thy kingdom. SO AGAIN JESUS HAD NO BROTHERS IN HEAVEN, AND HOW!

HE IS GOD!

9Thou hast loved justice, and hated iniquity: therefore GOD, OBVIOUS IN FLESH thy God, OBVIOUS SPIRIT hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10And: Thou in the beginning, O Lord, OBVIOUS THE WORD, THE SON, JESUS didst found the earth: and the works of thy hands are the heavens.

11They shall perish, OBVIOUS ALL THE ENTIRE CREATURES, BOTH SPIRIT, AND CARNAL but thou shalt continue: and THEY SHALL ALL grow old as a garment.OBVIOUS DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY ALL BECOME HUMANS!

12And as a vesture SHALL YOU CHANGE THEM, and they shall be changed: BUT YOU ARE THE SELF SAME , and thy years shall not fail.

13But to which of the angels said he at any time: Sit on my right hand, THERE'S NO DOUBT ,MIKE, ANGELS ARE NOT SONS OF GOD, AND NOT BROTHERS TO JESUS until I make thy enemies thy footstool?

14Are they not ALL MINISTERING SPIRITS, SENT TO MINISTER FOR THEM, OK? SENT ,OBVIOUS ALL ANGELS, BOTH GOOD FROM HEAVEN AND EVIL FROM HELL AS HUMANS,  who shall receive the inheritance of salvation?

now Mike answer this:

1 Corinthians 6:3 Know you not that we shall judge angels ………….

HOW, AND WHEN DOES HUMANS JUDGE ANGELS?

this question on its own confirms that ANGELS ARE NOT PRIVILEGED AS HUMANS, NEVER MIND SONS, OR CHILDREN OF GOD LIKE HUMANS ARE!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Do you believe for us there is ONE GOD?
    1cor8.6

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    Jb 38.7
    ps 82.6
    Ps 89.6

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2014,15:22)
    Hi MB,
    Making sense to you is the prime requisite of the spiritual teachings of God?
    You are not an oracle.

Who is the Bible for, Nick? Angels? Demons? Is it for Satan's instruction? Perhaps it was written solely for Jesus?

No Nick. The only reason the written word of God exists is so that HUMAN BEINGS like me can learn from it, and be instructed by it.

So knowing that, do you suppose that God purposely made His written word NONSENSICAL to human brains? Is it a puzzle that can't POSSIBLY be understood by humans?

Of course not. So YES, making sense to me AND to the other human beings WAS the prime requisite of the spiritual teachings of God. Because if they DIDN'T make sense to any of us, then what good would they be? They might just as well have been written in the language of the angels – if that was the case.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 13 2014,15:13)

Hi MB,

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2014,15:21)
    Hi MB,
    Another God?
    You must be joking.

So what's the answer then, Nick?  I sense that you are running away from the questions, as you so often do.

….. and the Word was with God……

Who is the underlined “God” in part b, Nick?  Isn't it “Father God”?

…….. and the Word was God.

Who is the underlined “God” in part c?  If the “God” in part c isn't “Father God”, then which God is it?

If, on the other hand, you say the “God” in part c IS “Father God”, then we end up with a teaching that “Father God” was WITH “Father God” in the beginning.

Please explain this conundrum to me.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 13 2014,15:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 12 2014,09:53)
    No it's not, Charles.  But I'm asking if God's other spirit sons, the ones who aren't Jesus, also existed from eternity.

Because you claimed that fathers existing before their sons exist was only a flesh thing, and it is the opposite in heaven.

Mike,

EXPLAIN THIS:

the ones who aren't Jesus,

CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT ALL WAS CREATED BY, IN , AND FOR JESUS!

MIKE! HE IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH, GOD'S KINGDOM!

ALSO , JESUS NEVER HAD   BROTHERS IN HEAVEN, SINCE JESUS WAS

THE ONE AND ONLY ONE IN THE BOSOM OF THE FATHER,.

Charles,

You said that ON EARTH, fathers exist before their sons exist. You said that IN HEAVEN, it is the opposite.

Well, the angels are also spirit sons of God whose Father never existed on earth. So is it the opposite also for these spirit sons of God? Or do you go against common sense and logic ONLY for the case of the FIRSTBORN Son of God, Jesus Christ?

Get it? If Jesus, the SON OF God, existed eternally with God because things of heaven are “opposite” of things on earth, then it seems the same “opposite” would also apply to the many OTHER sons of God in heaven.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2014,16:25)
    Hi MB,
    Do you believe for us there is ONE GOD?
    1cor8.6

Yep.  And by “God” – with a capital “G” – I assume you refer to the MOST HIGH God, Jehovah.  Yes, there is only one MOST HIGH God.  There do indeed exist many other gods though.  Jesus is one.  Satan is one.  Angels are gods.

It's like you asked if I believe in only one “President”.  I would also take the capital “P” to mean you are referring Barack Obama, THE only President of the United States.

So I would say “YES Nick, there is only one President.”

But even as I was saying those words, I would also know that there are many presidents in many other countries.  And I would know that there are many “lesser” presidents even in the U.S. – presidents of companies, universities, clubs, etc.

So while I can truly say that for me, a United States citizen, there is only one President, I am aware of the other presidents with a lower case “p”.

Are you able to understand that?  If so, then you'll be able to understand how many scriptures speak of our “one God” – while many MORE scriptures speak volumes about the other gods in existence.

“As indeed there ARE many gods, in heaven and on earth, yet for us there is but one God, the Father.”

There is only ONE, but there are also MANY. It must be taken in context.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes there are many angelic and other gods.
    Jesus is a god?

Since when?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The Son was proclaimed a son only after his anointing at the Jordan.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB
    You ask

“And is there another “God” besides “Father God”?

If so, who is this other God?”

You say Jesus is a god. Is Jesus for you another god with God?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Please DIRECTLY answer the first post on this page. Then we can go from there with your questions and claims.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 14 2014,10:44)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 13 2014,15:13)

Hi MB,

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2014,15:21)
    Hi MB,
    Another God?
    You must be joking.

So what's the answer then, Nick?  I sense that you are running away from the questions, as you so often do.

….. and the Word was with God……

Who is the underlined “God” in part b, Nick?  Isn't it “Father God”?

…….. and the Word was God.

Who is the underlined “God” in part c?  If the “God” in part c isn't “Father God”, then which God is it?

If, on the other hand, you say the “God” in part c IS “Father God”, then we end up with a teaching that “Father God” was WITH “Father God” in the beginning.

Please explain this conundrum to me.

Hi MB,
    God makes it very plain by saying the WORD WAS GOD that there were not two Gods together despite your urgings from logic to say so.

chew on it for another few years

Viewing 20 posts - 15,881 through 15,900 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account