JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,781 through 15,800 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2014,18:05)
    Hi MB,
    Quote it right.
    Jesus CHRIST-the ANOINTED Jesus

To which statement/post do you refer, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Jn 14.23

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The whole of jn 14-17 is spiritual wisdom showing us heavenly things that are hard for men to grasp.
    But they are about the relationships within the one Spirit of God.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2014,11:25)
    Hi,
    The whole of jn 14-17 is spiritual wisdom showing us heavenly things that are hard for men to grasp.
    But they are about the relationships within the one Spirit of God.

Nick.

Do you have any questions?
    Maybe I could help.

wakeup.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

I don't know which scriptures you're reading, but scripture has never taught me any of that stuff you posted.    

Mike,

I DON'T BLAME YOU!

YOU ARE FULL OF WORLDLY WISDOM, BUT YOU ARE COMPLETELY EMPTY FROM GOD'S WISDOM!

NOW WHAT I POSTED IT'S ALL HERE!

READ, BE HUMBLE,PRAY, REFLECT, AND DISCERN THE TRUTH!

Genesis 2:24

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be two in one flesh. 25And they were both naked: to wit, Adam and his wife: and were not ashamed.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

And I already told you, “the entirety of me”, right?

Mike,

STOP BEING PREOCCUPIED TO ANSWER THE TRUTH!

HEREUNDER IS THE MEANING OF THE WORD:

incorporate

verb
    ɪnˈkɔːpəreɪt/

take in or contain (something) as part of a whole; include.
    “he has incorporated in his proposals a number of measures”

synonyms:

absorb, include, subsume, assimilate, integrate, take in, swallow up, engulf, consolidate

NOW ANSWER:

WHAT YOUR ENTIRETY  INCORPORATES?

AND:

TO WHOM THE 'I' REFERS?

IN WHATEVER YOUR ENTIRETY INCORPORATES?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    I love the complexity of it yet the essence is simple.
    No man can fully grasp the ways of the Spirit

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2014,13:37)
    Hi WU,
    I love the complexity of it yet the essence is simple.
    No man can fully grasp the ways of the Spirit

Hi Nick

Jn 3:27 To this John replied, “A man can receive only what is given him from heaven.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 06 2014,06:10)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 04 2014,11:56)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2014,04:47)
    Why don't you believe the Word literally became Jesus Christ?  Doesn't John 1:14 say the Word BECAME the one who dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son?  And wasn't that only begotten Son Jesus Christ?

Mike,

Hebrews 11:3
    New King James Version (NKJV)

3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

The word that framed the worlds figuratively became Jesus just as the God is figuratively love.

You are switching them again, Kerwin.  Unless you can say that “love is figuratively the God”, your point misses the mark.

In your comparison, you must either say:

The word that framed the worlds figuratively became Jesus just as love is figuratively the God……..

Or………..

Jesus figuratively became the word that framed the worlds just as the God is figuratively love.

You can't mix and match, Kerwin.  Switch out the words “the word” with “righteousness”, or some other abstract quality.

You can't say, “Righteousness is Jesus as God is love”.  

You can say “Righteousness is Jesus as love is God”, or “Jesus is righteousness as God is love”…… but you can't mix and match abstracts and objects to make the comparison you're trying to make.

But anyway……… if God framed the worlds through the word that eventually became Jesus Christ, then we would be able to say that God created the universe through His Son Jesus Christ, right?

Because whatever the word was, you agree that this same entity actually BECAME the flesh and blood human being Jesus Christ, right?

So therefore, if we equate “the Word” with “Jesus Christ”, we would equally be able to say, “God created all things through the Word” (John 1:3, Hebrews 11:3) and “God created all things through Jesus Christ” (Col 1:16, 1 Cor 8:6, Heb 1:2), right?

For example, what if Gabriel was the first ruler of angels in heaven – a long time ago.  And then Gabriel was caused to become a human being named “Bill of Nazareth”.  Does the fact that Gabriel changed forms mean that “Bill” wasn't actually still “Gabriel”?  No.

So could someone later say that “Bill of Nazareth” used to rule the angels in heaven?  Yes, because “Bill of Nazareth” is the same being as “Gabriel” – who DID used to rule the angels in heaven.

Are you following this?  If God created through “The Word”, and the “The Word” actually BECAME a flesh being known as “Jesus of Nazareth”, then “Jesus of Nazareth” is STILL the being of “The Word”…….. even though he now has a different form/existence.

So we could say that God created all things through “Jesus of Nazareth” just as easily and honestly as we could say that God created all things through “The Word” – since they are really one and the same entity, only in different forms.

Now add what I've just explained to the fact that the scriptures DO say that God created all things through Jesus Christ just as easily and honestly as they say God created all things through the Word.

Then you will have the truth of the matter – without having to mismatch abstracts and objects in a very confusing matter.  :)

Mike,

This is the definition of “is”

present 3d singular of be
    dialect present 1st & 2d singular of be
    dialect present plural of be

This is the definition of was.

past 1st & 3d singular of be

This is the definition of be

—used to indicate the identity of a person or thing
    —used to describe the qualities of a person or thing
    —used to indicate the condition of a person or thing

The definition of become as an intransitive verb

a : to come into existence
    b : to come to be
    : to undergo change or development

In John 1:1 we are the qualities of the word were God/god and then these qualities were changed or developed to be include flesh.

In the context of qualities I know that Jesus said he was the light and I believe he is still the light. Does that also mean that the light is Jesus? In the same context the word is now Jesus so is Jesus now the word? This seems to be where you are going with your questions and what I hear from Scripture may imply that the answer to both questions is yes.

Note: Definitions are from Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    2Cor 2.11

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 06 2014,01:07)

kerwin,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

You are an example of one that chooses to interpret the statement God is God's love literally.

Kerwin,

That's not my view, I READ IT FROM A REVELATION ONLY FEW WEEKS AGO!

READ A SECTION OF IT:

You indeed, children of men, often will say, that GOD IS LOVE, as if you knew what LOVE is; yet I GOD THE LORD say unto you: you do not know, you have but a faint idea of MY being LOVE, ETERNAL LOVE.

Be not disappointed, at My saying this firmly to you, who think you know that I am LOVE, but you really do not know! I even say: “You cannot know as yet what LOVE ultimately is, nor can you know that I am that LOVE!”

You might then object by asking how I GOD THE LORD can give you COMMANDMENTS OF LOVE and say at the same time that you do not know what LOVE is.

The answer to the riddle becomes quite obvious, if I tell you that

LOVE is neither a capacity nor a concept nor anything else; LOVE is a state of being.

Even for ME, YOUR CREATOR, it is not so easy in this instance to explain to you in the language of your transient earthly limited human being what LOVE is by essence.

And as I have said already that LOVE is a state of being, it is therefore quite easy to understand that whoever is in this state of “LOVE” will be able to know what LOVE is; which means that one has to be and to live completely in this state of “Love” to grasp and to know what LOVE actually is; in other words, the heart is to overflow with LOVE, yea the entire soul is to be pervaded and filled with LOVE to seize LOVE!

Indeed, LOVE is in ME, GOD THE LORD AND CREATOR, the fundamental permanent state! LOVE IS MY ETERNAL UR-STATE OF BEING, LOVE IS MY SPIRIT – THE SPIRIT OE PERFECTION. LOVE is MY ALL-PERVADING POWER, MY ALMIGHTINESS.

Moreover, LOVE is at the same time MY HEART, MY SPIRITUAL HEART, MY FATHERLY HEART, from which only LOVE can pour out endlessly from eternity to eternity.

Therefore, all My Creation and all that I THE LORD do, is LOVE.

Therefore also you, O men, are Children of My Love. Out of LOVE have you been created and LOVE is your basic nature, and whatever surrounds you and whatever serves you for this life again is but LOVE.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel.

It is a rough draft and therefore lack cohesiveness. Love is a state of being but that does not mean it cannot be a concept or a capacity as well. It is the start of a revelation but it requires more meditation and therefore refinement by testing before it is complete.

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

LOVE is neither a capacity nor a concept nor anything else; LOVE is a state of being.

Kerwin,

IF YOU CONSIDER LOVE A CAPACITY, OR A CONCEPT, I'M AFRAID IT IS NOT THE TRUE LOVE!

THE TRUE LOVE MUST COME FROM GOD! SINCE GOD IS LOVE!

THEREFORE IT IS NOT A CAPACITY, OR A CONCEPT!

TRUE LOVE IS NOT SUBJECT TO US. SINCE WE ARE NOT YET IN THE TRUTH!

THEREFORE, WHAT WE CALL LOVE IN RELATION TO OUR MORTAL STATE OF BEINGS,IS NOT GENUINE, PERFECT BUT CORRUPTED LIKE ALL OUR ATTRIBUTES, ALTHOUGH IT IS A MERE GLIMPSE OF GOD’S LOVE!

ALSO OUR LOVE IS NEITHER CONSISTENT,NOR ETERNALLY PROGRESSIVE! THEREFORE OUR LOVE IS NOT TRUE LOVE RELATED TO GOD!

WHAT WE CALL LOVE IS NOT TRUE LOVE!

IF IT IS TRUE LOVE, WE WOULD DO ALL OUR DEEDS NO MATTER WHAT AND HOW SMALL THEY ARE, INCESSANTLY THROUGH LOVE!

THAT WHAT IT MEANS A STATE BEING OF LOVE

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Faith comes from hearing the WORD.
    Seeds sown in good soil grow up to be trees in which birds can nest.

kerwin
    Participant

Charles,

IF YOU CONSIDER LOVE A CAPACITY, OR A CONCEPT, I'M AFRAID IT IS NOT THE TRUE LOVE!

One has a capacity for godly love.
    One has the concept of the concept of what the love of God is like.
    One lives in the state of loving as God loves.

You can do all three at the same time.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 06 2014,00:51)
    NOW ANSWER:

WHAT YOUR ENTIRETY INCORPORATES?

Hi Charles,

Genesis 2:24-25 doesn't support all those other things you claimed…… so there's no need for me to bother with that post.

As for what my “entirety” consists of, there are too many things to mention.

Nerves, blood cells, skin cells, neurons, legs, hands, eyes, etc.

But I assume your looking for this part:

The “entirety” of Mike Boll would definitely include body, soul, and spirit.

What point would you like to make with that information?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 06 2014,12:45)
    In the context of qualities I know that Jesus said he was the light and I believe he is still the light.  Does that also mean that the light is Jesus?  In the same context the word is now Jesus so is Jesus now the word? This seems to be where you are going with your questions and what I hear from Scripture may imply that the answer to both questions is yes.

I don't think your comparison is applicable, but I agree with your conclusion.

A better comparison for the same entity being known by two or more names would be Abram/Abraham.

Even though Abram became Abraham, he remained the same ONE being.

Likewise, even though the being known as “the Word” became the being known as “Jesus” – he remained the same ONE being.

So both of the following statements are technically true:

1.  God created nations through Abraham.

2.  God created nations through Abram.

And likewise, both of the following statements are also equally true:

1.  God created all things through the Word.

2.  God created all things through Jesus.

As for your conclusion, Jesus never “became” the Word.  Instead, the Word became the flesh being known as Jesus of Nazareth.

And the Word remained “the Word” before it became the flesh being known as Jesus, while it was the flesh being known as Jesus, and to this very day.

“The Word” and “Jesus” are just two of the many titles/names given to the same ONE being.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    2Cor 4.7
    “but we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the surpassing greatness of the power may be of God and not from ourselves”

That was the way of Jesus and the apostles and now we too can share this divine blessing

Wakeup
    Participant

Mike B.

As for your conclusion, Jesus never “became” the Word. Instead, the Word became the flesh being known as Jesus of Nazareth.

THIS IS TRUE.

The living Word was *transformed* into flesh.
    He lived in Heaven; then lived on earth;and now back in heaven;will come down to earth again.
    And we will see Him as he is.(the same HE all along).

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Amen, Wakeup.

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

You can do all three at the same time.

Kerwin,

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT THE ONLY GENUINE HUMAN TRUTH!

THAT WA ARE CORRUPTED

One has a capacity for godly love. that capacity is not genuine  REGARDING GOD

One has the concept of the concept of what the love of God is like.   that concept of the concept is not genuine  REGARDING GOD

One lives in the state of loving as God loves. that state of loving is not genuine REGARDING GOD

SO NOTHING COULD COME TRUE EVEN IF IT SEEMS TO US, AND  WE CALL IT THE TRUTH

SIMPLY BECAUSE GOD IS A UNIQUE PURE SPIRIT!

WE ARE DEAD CREATURES IN THE SPIRIT!

ALTHOUGH WE SAY WE BELIEVE!

SIMPLY BECAUSE WE ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO COMMIT OURSELVES AND DO WHAT FOR US, IS OUR BELIEF!

REFLECT:

HOW MANY DIFFERENT TRUTHS THERE ARE IN SCRIPTURES?

ALTHOUGH IT WAS WRITTEN THROUGH GOD'S INSPIRATION!

NOT EVEN ALL THE CANNON BOOKS THEMSELVES ARE ACCEPTED AS CANNON BOOKS!

SO IF WE ARE NOT ALL WITHIN THE SAME PARAMETERS REGARDING OUR FAITH, WHO COULD ACHIEVE THE TRUE LOVE, IN RELATION TO ONE GOD, CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT GOD SENT HIS UNIQUE GENUINE SPIRIT AS HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON  

AND STILL WE ENDED UP IN THE BELIEF OF DIFFERENT SONS OF GOD!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Viewing 20 posts - 15,781 through 15,800 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account