JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,621 through 15,640 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

WITH EVERY RESPECT, THAT'S YOUR CORRUPTED MIND'S OPINION!

NOooh! God's word is as a man's word except it is full of his power and a reflection of his majesty. It is not a being in its own right but Jesus is the being who has personalized it since it was made flesh.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 28 2014,19:59)
    kerwin,

it is clear that GNV accepts that Christ is the Word in john 1.1 but you dont. make your own bible

Jammin,

It is clear the translators of the GNV were Trinitarians but that has little to do with my point that the word can either be called “it” or “he” and the bias of the translators determine which. You were denying that point.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 01 2014,02:14)

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 27 2014,06:00)
    NOW YOU:

GIVE ME ONE PROOF FROM THE OT. THAT GOD THE FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles……..I see you can't show ONE SCRIPTURE where Jesus ever said He was a GOD> OK that should prove my point.

Now I will give you just a few scriptures from the OT that say there is no God but one.

Isa 44:6…..> Thus says the, the LORD the King of Israel, and His (Israel's) redeemer the LORD of Hosts; I am the first and the last and besides me there is “NO” God.

Isa 44:8…> Fear you not neither be afraid; have not I told you from that time, and have declared it? you are my witnesses. Is there a GOD besides me? yea there is “NO” GOD, I KNOW NOT ANY.

I can produce many more but what good will it do you were “indoctrinated” into a trinitarian and Preexistence  belief system a lone time ago  and your pride will not let you consider you could be wrong. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

Now I will give you just a few scriptures from the OT that say there is no God but one.  

Gene,

I see you can't show ONE OT. SCRIPTURE where it proofs that THE FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD  OK that should prove my point.

SO AGAIN KEEP SEARCHING AND

GIVE ME ONE PROOF FROM THE OT. THAT GOD THE FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD?

with regard to your quote above:

there's no god but one, I ALSO ASK YOU THIS ONE GOD,IS IT OF THE HEAVENS, OR OF THE EARTH, OR BOTH?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

IT is not right if you are referring the Word to christ because that is a NAME rev 19.13

do you understand? what im trying to tell here is that GNV also aknowledge that the Word is Christ.

i know you cant accept that truth. you should go to school and study greek before you talk here

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

It is not a being in its own right but Jesus is the being who has personalized it since it was made flesh.

Kerwin,

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD!

THE WORD WAS WITH GOD!

THE WORD WAS GOD!

SO THE WORD WAS A SPIRIT BEING WITH THE FULL POWER OF GOD, ESTABLISHED BY THE DEITY, WITH THE SAME THREE SPIRITS OF:

THE FATHER      

THE SON          

and

THE HOLY SPIRIT

MODIFIED IN A COMPLETE DIFFERENT FUNCTION FROM THAT OF THE FATHER, THEREFORE ALL IN THE SON:   THE WORD

THEREFORE FIRST:

THE FATHER MADE USE OF THE WORD AND CREATED THE SPIRITUAL REALMS DIRECTLY!

THEN AFTER THE REBEL,

THE FATHER THROUGH   THE WORD AS GOD’S MEDIATOR WITHIN GOD’S ENEMIES, CREATED THE EARTH! DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE WORLD  WAS GIVEN TO LUCIFER/SATAN WHO BELIEVED THAT HAD THE RIGHT TO BE GOD’S DIRECT CONTENDER FOR MANHOOD!

NOooh! God's word is as a man's word

John6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing.

THE WORDS THAT I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU , ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE.

Kerwin,

CAN YOU EXPLAIN IN WHAT OUR WORD IS AS GOD'S, IN RELATION TO THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The WORD is the Spirit in Jesus the Son of God

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

Interesting format. You do no seem to understand the Word was God is not the Word was the God. Instead it is the word was God which is to say is God in nature but not the God. The word was Divine which tells us the word had the characteristic of being divine in the beginning. It does not tell us it is a being.

We are taught by John that the word that had the characteristic of being Divine at that time was with God. He goes on to instruct us that all things that were created were created by the very same word. In addition he informs us that there is life within this word. None of these teaching is new as the OT teaches us that God's word was with him in the beginning and all things were made by it. It also teaches us man lives by the word that comes out of God's mouth.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2014,04:04)
    Hi,
    The WORD is the Spirit in Jesus the Son of God

Nick,

Hello, nice to hear from you.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2014,01:47)
    kerwin,

IT is not  right if you are referring the Word to christ because that is a NAME rev 19.13

do you understand? what im trying to tell here is that GNV also aknowledge that the Word is Christ.

i know you cant accept that truth. you should go to school and study greek before you talk here

Jammin,

There are a number of Trinitarian translators that disagree with you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God.[rom8]
    No doubting the anointed Jesus was led by the Spirit of God.[lk4]
    He is the firstborn of the dead[rev1, coll1], born as a man of Mary[lk2] but like us dead till reborn from above of the Spirit at the jordan[lk3]
    Now those who followed him from death to life[rom6]are in him as he is in the Father and are adopted sons and daughters [rom8], in the assembly of the firstborn enrolled in heaven[heb 12].

Those who theorise and talk but do not enter through that gate are yet dead
    Let the dead bury the dead.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kerwin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those who saw the anointed Jesus saw the WORD.[1jn1]
    Known in prophecy as the Christ or messiah[matt2.11]he obeyed the righteous demands of God in being baptised and was anointed with and led by his Father's Spirit.[mt 10.20]

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 27 2014,00:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 27 2014,11:07)
    Was Jehovah God Almighty ever “brought forth”?  YES or NO?

Mike,

I REPEAT:

PROVE THAT BROUGHT FORTH MEANS THAT IT NEVER HAD AN EXISTENCE, BEFORE IT WAS BROUGHT FORTH!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles,

It's not up to me to prove a negative, Charles.  You must prove the positive.

And in this case, since the answer to the question you ignored is:  “NO Mike, Jehovah was NEVER brought forth”, we know that the bringing forth of “wisdom” in Proverbs 8:22-31 refers to someone GREATER bringing someone LESSER into play.

The greatest of all was NEVER “brought forth”, “set up”, “appointed”, or “given birth” – which is why we know that Jehovah Almighty Himself is the ONLY one who is “the greatest of all”.  The wisdom/Word that Jehovah brought forth cannot BE the one who brought him forth, nor can he be as great as the one who brought him forth.

In other words, God Almighty could not possibly “bring forth” God Almighty.

(Your answer to my question would have answered your question, Charles. That's why I answered with a question this time.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 27 2014,00:53)
    PROVE THAT BY ACCEPTING:

The Word of God was “the firstborn of every creature”,

WHICH ALSO I AM CONVINCED ABOUT!

ASSERT THAT THE WORD OF GOD WAS CREATED, FIRST!

That is the most logical meaning of “firstborn of every creature”.

But it is not JUST Colossians 1:16, Charles.  It is the fact that Jesus was “the firstborn of every creature” COMBINED WITH the fact that Jesus was “the beginning of the creation of God” COMBINED WITH the fact that Jesus was “created as the first of God's works” COMBINED WITH the fact that “his origins were from ancient days of old”.

When you start putting them all together, it forms a pretty complete picture.

But which creature do YOU think was created first, Charles?

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 27 2014,00:53)
    SINCE ALSO SCRIPTURE DECLARED THAT:

ALL WAS CREATED BY THE WORD

Does scripture also say that all was created by Jehovah God Himself?  YES or NO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 27 2014,01:01)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 27 2014,12:03)
    But you're a Trinitarian, right?  So maybe YOU can explain to us how a person can use brilliant reasoning to deduce that a thing is “BLACK”, and then two minutes later conclude that the thing is “WHITE” anyway.  Because I sure can't figure it out.  :)

Mike,

WELL DONE REGARDING YOUR MANIFESTOS, AT LEAST I  DEDUCED YOU TO START DOING IT YOURSELF!

It's always been my own words, Charles.  I've always “done it myself”.

But why don't you explain what jammin couldn't?  Tell me how the combination of 26 different TRINITARIAN scholars produced the following statement………..

John's lack of a definite article in part c keeps us from identifying the Word with God.  Also, the construction in John 1:1c does not equate the Word with God, because part b, where the Word is said to have been WITH God, rules outs that possibility.

………. but then all 26 of them ended up concluding that Jesus WAS God after all.  ???

I'm baffled.  They lay the truth of the matter out for us so sensibly and reasonably – but then throw all that good sense right out the window and end up with a conclusion that totally CONTRADICTS the things they just got done telling us.

Perhaps you could help me out here.  Is it true that both Daniel Wallace and the 25 Trinitarian scholars from NETNotes told us point blank that the Word was NOT God?  Yes.

So explain to me, in your own words, how you think they ended up concluding that the Word WAS God after all.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 27 2014,04:21)
    Mike B.

If Jehovah God was brought forth;
    Who brought Him forth?

Now you're thinking, Wakeup.

On the other hand, if the Word was brought forth, who brought him forth?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 27 2014,09:19)
    Tigger2,

FIRST AND FORMOST JEHOVAH IS NOT GOD'S NAME!

Charles,

1. What do YOU think the proper name of God Almighty is?

2. Why do you say with such certainty that it is not “Jehovah”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 27 2014,12:12)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 25 2014,06:02)

Can you find an example of an abstract quality or attribute, like “love”, that has a concrete thing as IT'S own attribute?

Mike,

It is done in poetry but I am not sure about normal conversation.

Love is Flesh and Love is Flowers

Here is another way of using the same pastern

I give thanks because faith is flesh.  Faith is blood.  Faith is tears.  Faith is the moments in which God has freed me from my fears.  Faith is life.

Note:poem and Confession

Kerwin,

I don't think either of those fit what we're talking about. I wonder if the title of the poem is a typo, since they go on to list the first words of the poem as “Love in flesh………..”.

I wouldn't have a clue what “love is flesh” means.

I can understand “Love is flowers” like I could understand someone poetically saying, “Love is: CHOCOLATE!” Or “Love is: FOOTBALL!”

But I don't think either of those fit our discussion.

As for the confession, I also have no clue what “faith is flesh” would mean – even if used poetically.

But neither of your examples show an abstract thing literally taking attributes of a concrete thing. And isn't your claim that the abstract utterance of God LITERALLY took on the attributes of a flesh person?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There is only one birth relevant to God.

Rebirth of the Spirit of God.
    Only those who share that Spirit live.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 28 2014,01:07)
    THE WORD WAS GOD!

No Charles,

Because the Word was “brought forth”, remember? And “God” can never be said to have been “brought forth” at any time by anyone.

Viewing 20 posts - 15,621 through 15,640 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account