JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,061 through 15,080 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

gene,

1john 5.7 is not the topic here.
    dont you know how to read english?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin……..First mistake you are making is using the NLV as you source text. Go and Get a KJV , the NLV,is a Paraphrased bible, it is not even close to the original writing any true scholar will tell you that. They change and add so many scriptures it is not even funny.  No true seeker of the truth of scriptures would ever us it for their proof texts, IMO

Now having said that , you said, John said, the “word” “IS” Jesus, Please post where he every said that, in any real bible that is. I just showed where scripture say   The Father , the “word” ,the Holy Ghost (spirit)   now notice Jammin, “ARE” ONE

Do you understand that Jammin, they “ “ARE” ONE do you understand that means, they are ONE and the SAME now that you have that understanding go back and reread what John 1:1 says, In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and  “WAS” GOD get it?, the word and God “ARE” ONE and the SAME thing. God and his word are ONE,  just as you and your word are one and the Same thing.

peace and lvoe to you and yours……………………………………gene

carmel
    Participant

Gene wrote:

[/quote]

for thou are the “ONLY” TRUE GOD

GENE,

THE ABOVE IS CORRUPTED!

JESUS NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS!

IN FACT JESUS, UP TO THAT MOMENT IN TIME , CONFIRMED THAT GOD THE FATHER WAS NOT KNOWN AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD, SINCE HE STATED: THAT THEY MAY KNOW……

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

tigger2
    Participant

Tigger2.

For your information.
    John 5:7 is not there to proof the trinity.
    I dont go for the trinity myself.

It is to proof that Jesus came in the flesh.
    He was born out of water and blood like all his brethren.
    He was human.The water and the blood and his spirit is proof.
    Not some angel posing as flesh.Jesus came out of a woman.
    There are three that bear witness in heaven.
    God,His Word,and the spirit of truth.
    Two witnesses: The heavenly witness and the earthly witness.

wakeup.

But, my friend, it doesn't matter what your reason for quoting it is. It is still spurious and not proper scripture.

http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2009/08/1-john-57-kjv.html " class="bbcode-link"> http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2009/08/1-john-57-kjv.html

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 22 2013,11:33)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 22 2013,04:03)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 21 2013,22:25)
    Kerwin

I read christ created new heaven and new earth in king kerwin version. Lol

Jammin,

I never claimed Jesus created the new heaven and new earth what I claimed what it was created by him.  

Note: Wikipedia has an article on a version of New Creation Theology.

really???

let me post again what you said earlier.

kerwin said:
    Jammin,
    Yes,  It states the new heaven and new earth are made by Jesus as that is true.

LOL. you need medicine boy. take some meds.

Jammion,

“by” has more than one meaning. One of them is through.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 22 2013,11:08)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 22 2013,10:20)

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 22 2013,03:04)
    Without HIM, was not anything made that was made.
    Everything was made by the spoken Word.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Yes. God spoke his word and there was light.

Kerwin.

yes; and that spoken Word was made flesh,
    and he was called Jesus.
    The spoken Word must have been alive with all the wisdom and power to create.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Are you saying that if a man speaks God's word then he speaks Jesus?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 21 2013,23:30)
    Mike,

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 19 2013,22:01)
    Mike,

I already pointed out to you that Psalms is speaking of Jehovah and the old creation.

So is Col 1:16, 1 Cor 8:6, and Heb 1:2.

You know how I know?  Because the God-inspired writer of these scriptures DIDN'T include the word “NEW” before the words “things” and “ages”.

Last I knew you did not believe Jesus is God.

According to you the writer of Hebrews chose to take a quote speaking of an action that Psalms claims Jehovah performed and attribute that very same action to Jesus.

Those Jammin believes' argument is that if Psalms says the action is Jehovah then Paul quoted it and applied it to Jesus because Jesus is Jehovah.  They would go on to claim there is no evidence it is true of even the most important of angels.

I see that the writer of Hebrews is instead using the quote from Psalms as a pattern to apply to Jesus because it is true.  the same type of application of passages from  OT Scripture is done elsewhere in the NT. For example.

Matthew 2:15
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

15 and was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Matthew is speaking of Israel the nation of not of Jesus as Jesus did not sacrifice “unto Baalim”. Never the less the part Matthew quoted is true of Jesus.

Hosea 11:1-2
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

11 When Israel was a child, then I loved him,
    and called my son out of Egypt.
    2 As they called them, so they went from them:
    they sacrificed unto Baalim,
    and burned incense to graven images.

The use of “new' is a choice of the writer.  The people he addressed, unlike us, were taught by the apostles first hand.

Note:fixed

Bounced to reveal corrections.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good try anyway, tigger. It seems Gene and Wakeup have no interest in the truth of a matter – if that truth puts their own personal doctrine in disharmony.

Wakeup, I also found this information in the link tigger posted. It concerns the placement of the comma in Luke 23:43. I thought you might like to read it, since we have recently discussed that topic.

To Gene and Wakeup, the extra words the KJV has in 1 John 5:7 are not in ANY Greek mss before the 14th century. Why do you suppose that is, when we have uncovered MANY much older Greek mss?

Does it make more sense that somebody went back in time, and ERASED those extra words from all of the earlier Greek mss?

Or does it make more sense that those words were ADDED to a Greek mss in the 14th century?

(Hint: There are two pre-14th century mss that have those words as a MARGINAL NOTE – but not as a part of the words John wrote. What does that tell you? That maybe a scribe in the 14th century took that MARGINAL NOTE, and inserted it into the actual Greek text, making it seem like John had originally written those words – when he didn't? )

But you guys have the free will to ignore this informational link that tigger posted, and keep on believing the lie…… if that is what you choose to do.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 21 2013,11:30)
    Mike,

Mike,

I already pointed out to you that Psalms is speaking of Jehovah and the old creation.

You know how I know?  Because the God-inspired writer of these scriptures DIDN'T include the word “NEW” before the words “things” and “ages”.

I don't believe Jesus is God Almighty. Your discussion of Hebrews 1:10 with jammin has nothing to do with OUR discussion about you ADDING the word “NEW” into three different scriptures – without a valid or scripturally supported reason to do so.

You claim that the teaching of a “new heaven and new earth” in OTHER scriptures, with DIFFERENT contexts, gives you the “right” to ADD the word “NEW” into Col 1:16, 1 Cor 8:6, and Heb 1:2.

And I have scripturally showed you, using Psalm 102:25, that we CAN'T just go ADDING words from ONE teaching into a DIFFERENT teaching.

If that is not enough for you to get the point, then it is apparently of no use for me to discuss this issue any further with you. It seems you have now developed this habit of taking certain scriptures out of context, and superimposing them over other scriptures to FORCE the Bible to teach what you WANT it to teach.

That habit is no good, Kerwin. And what use is it for me to try to SERIOUSLY discuss scriptures, when I am using the REAL Bible, and you are using the KKV – that you wrote yourself?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 21 2013,10:54)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 21 2013,10:56)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 20 2013,10:00)
    Now, poor old John was so stupid he didn't know he should have written the word Jesus there  (a Person) instead of Just “word” (intelligent utterance), So along comes  Jammin, and Mike, and other Trinitarians and Preexistence's and Just straighten out  poor old stupid John's writings,  to read as they say it should.

I wonder if Gene “straightens out poor old stupid John” in Revelation 19:13, where he also wrote “The Word”, but was clearly referring to Jesus.  :)

Mike……..Why jump to some other text, when the one being discussed it at issue.  

I believe they are closely related, Gene.  Both scriptures were written by the same author, right?  And both scriptures describe someone John calls “the Word of God”, right?  And both scriptures give such a description of this “Word” that there can be no doubt in any sane person's mind that “JESUS” is the one being called “the Word”.

You agree that “JESUS” is the one meant in Rev 19, right?

So all that's left for you to do is figure out WHO exactly became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son.  

Or WHO exactly is “the light of the world”.  

Or WHO exactly John the Baptist came to testify about.  

(There are many more, but these should be enough for you to realize that “JESUS” is the ONLY one who fits.)

And since all the things I listed are said about “The Word” in John 1, it shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out that, even though John didn't write “Jesus”, he was TALKING ABOUT Jesus.

(Just like you are smart enough to know that, although John didn't write “Jesus” in Rev 19, he was TALKING ABOUT Jesus, right?)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 24 2013,05:38)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 21 2013,11:30)
    Mike,

Mike,

I don't believe Jesus is God Almighty.  Your discussion of Hebrews 1:10 with jammin has nothing to do with OUR discussion about you ADDING the word “NEW” into three different scriptures – without a valid or scripturally supported reason to do so.

You claim that the teaching of a “new heaven and new earth” in OTHER scriptures, with DIFFERENT contexts, gives you the “right” to ADD the word “NEW” into Col 1:16, 1 Cor 8:6, and Heb 1:2.

And I have scripturally showed you, using Psalm 102:25, that we CAN'T just go ADDING words from ONE teaching into a DIFFERENT teaching.

If that is not enough for you to get the point, then it is apparently of no use for me to discuss this issue any further with you.  It seems you have now developed this habit of taking certain scriptures out of context, and superimposing them over other scriptures to FORCE the Bible to teach what you WANT it to teach.

That habit is no good, Kerwin.  And what use is it for me to try to SERIOUSLY discuss scriptures, when I am using the REAL Bible, and you are using the KKV – that you wrote yourself?

Mike,

Actually my point is that you want to take a passage that speaks of the deeds of Jehovah and say it speaks of Jesus instead.  If you accept the reasoning that the passage is used in the same context as it was originally written in then Jammin has a better argument than you as you are switching Jesus for Jehovah.

I see it was used as a type.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (tigger2 @ Dec. 24 2013,06:19)

Tigger2.

For your information.

wakeup.

But, my friend, it doesn't matter what your reason for quoting it is.  It is still spurious and not proper scripture.

http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2009/08/1-john-57-kjv.html " class="bbcode-link"> http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2009/08/1-john-57-kjv.html

Trigger2.

Just like that;it's spurious?
    Because they say so?
    And you believe everything babylon says?
    Dont you know that babylon means confusion?

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 24 2013,10:03)

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

and he was called Jesus.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

Any man speaking the Word of God,
    has the spirit of Jesus in him.
    Jesus has the spirit of God.
    His bread is God.He lives by God.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 24 2013,06:39)

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

and he was called Jesus.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

wakeup.

CRIMINALS ,HOMOSEXUALS ,PERVERTED PEOPLE ALSO READ AND SPEAKS THE SCRIPTURES ,

DO THOSE ALSO HAVE THE SPIRIT OF JESUS ???

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 24 2013,10:01)

Kerwin

Jammin,

I never claimed Jesus created the new heaven and new earth what I claimed what it was created by him.  

really???

kerwin said:
    Jammin,

Jammion,

“by” has more than one meaning.  One of them is through.

so your version is like this

the new eart and heaven was created by him.

LOL

no version says that in john 1.1-3
    only the king kerwin version LOL hahahah.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 24 2013,10:25)
    (Hint:  There are two pre-14th century mss that have those words as a MARGINAL NOTE – but not as a part of the words John wrote.  What does that tell you?  That maybe a scribe in the 14th century took that MARGINAL NOTE, and inserted it into the actual Greek text, making it seem like John had originally written those words – when he didn't? )

Mike……..Why would any Tritarian or Preexistenc's want that verse in scriptures, it completely shatters their beliefs in the “word”, being different then the Father and the Holy Ghost (Spirit). So it would appear that the “Trinitarian” Scribe tried to bury the text there, in Marginal noes. This way he could lie and say he was true to the text , but just missed placed where it should have been placed. Now that would make more sense to me then the way you put it.

No trinitarian or Preexistence's want that text to be there. That should be obvious to anyone. Mike your not see that “Ha-Satan” is the very author of the Trinitarian and Preexistence Theology, it serves His purpose in “SEPARATING”, Jesus' “IDENTITY” from the rest of humanity. It is exactly what Satan wants Mike, why cant you come to see that.

peace and love to you and yours……………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 24 2013,06:39)

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

and he was called Jesus.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Do you believe Jesus is literally God's spoken word?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 24 2013,17:10)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 24 2013,10:01)

Kerwin

Jammin,

really???

kerwin said:
    Jammin,

Jammion,

“by” has more than one meaning.  One of them is through.

so your version is like this

the new eart and heaven was created by him.

LOL

no version says that in john 1.1-3
    only the king kerwin version LOL hahahah.

Jammin,

John 1:3 is not speaking of Jesus as Jesus did not become the word until the word was made flesh. It is instead speaking of the very word that comes out of the mouth of God. That word was made flesh when it was written on Jesus' heart and placed in his spirit so that he would become the Pioneer of those to come.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (tigger2 @ Dec. 24 2013,01:19)

Tigger2.

For your information.

wakeup.

But, my friend, it doesn't matter what your reason for quoting it is.  It is still spurious and not proper scripture.

Tigger,

It is a blog without either footnotes or endnotes as far as I could see. Crediting sources is professional and shows that some attempt at structured research was used to support the writer's opinion.

terraricca
    Participant

WAKEUP ???

Viewing 20 posts - 15,061 through 15,080 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account