JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,781 through 14,800 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 23 2013,09:21)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 23 2013,02:01)
    k

In the addition they can receive the power that created light when all was darkness.  

that is equal to God's knowledge and wisdom ,if not what is it that you think it is ???

T,

God's word has the power to create all things for all things were created by it.

K

You do not understand yet, the creation of God is the works done by his knowledge and wisdom : the words are only used to give orders ,

What we see in creation all of it ,the univers ,man,animal,insect s,etc

Are made in the wisdom of God great knowledge ,that surpasses all things,

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

but we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Kerwin,

Thanks,

WITH THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE,
    YOU CONFIRMED THAT WHAT I POSTED TO MIKE, WHICH HE IGNORED, WAS THE TRUTH!

READ AGAIN MY POST IN FULL BUT THIS TIME TO YOU, BUT DO NOT IGNORE LIKE YOU ALSO DID WITH OTHER POSTS WHICH ALSO REVEALED THE TRUTH!

=mikeboll64,Nov. 20 2013,12:26
    Did Moses actually carry this PERSON (the word of YHWH) in his hand?

Mike,

IS GOD A BEING LIKE US?  DEFINITELY NOT!

IS GOD A DISCERNABLE BEING LIKE US? DEFINITELY NOT!

AND THE LIST GOES ON!

SO WHAT IS THE REASON THAT YOU ARE COMPARING GOD WITH US?

ALSO THROUGHOUT THE BIBLE THE WORD WORD IS USED  HUNDREDS OF TIMES, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT IS ALWAYS A REFERENCE TO THE WORD WHICH WAS MADE FLESH, JESUS CHRIST!        

GOD IS A SPIRIT, AND ALL HIS ATTRIBUTES ARE SPIRITS!

AND IF HE WANTS TO BE VISIBLE HE COULD DO SO IN EVERY SENSE LIKE US, AND IN THE SAME TIME HE WOULD MAINTAIN HIS SPIRITUAL STATE!LIKE HE DID WHEN HE WENT TO ADAM AND ATE FOOD!

JESUS HIMSELF CONFIRMED AND SAID:

MY WORDS ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE!

OUR WORDS ARE NEITHER SPIRITS, NOR LIFE!

GOD THE FATHER IS LOVE ITSELF!

THE SON IS WISDOM ITSELF! HAPPY NOW? THIS WISDOM WAS ORDAINED BEFORE THE WORLD WHEN HE LEFT THE FATHER AS THE WORD ALL IN THE SON'S SPIRIT,THE TRIUNE CREATOR MEDIATOR GOD,TO CREATE OUR WORLD

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS POWER ITSELF!

AND THEY ARE ALL BEINGS, AND IN THE SAME TIME ONE GOD ALMIGHTY!

SO:

THE WORD IS GOD HIMSELF, BUT ALL WITHIN THE SON'S SPIRIT. GOD'S ABODE, THE ONLY MEDIATOR CREATOR TRIUNE GOD!

NOW READ:

Hebrews 4:12For the word of God is living and effectual, HAPPY NOW?

THE WORD IS A LIVING AND EEFECTUAL!

READ MORE!
    and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature invisible in his sight: but all things are naked and open to his eyes, to whom our speech is.

OK? THE WORD DOES ALL THAT WE DO WITH OUR BODY

SO YES MIKE, THE WORD IS A BEING ITSELF, EVEN MORE

HE IS THE MOST POWERFUL BEING! AND HE IS IN CONTROL OF ALL THE ENTIRE CREATION!

HE IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

terraricca,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

You do not understand yet, the creation of God is the works done by his knowledge and wisdom : the words are only used to give orders ,

Terraricca,

WITH EVERY RESPECT:

CORRECTION:

YOU SAID:the creation of God is the works done by his knowledge and wisdom

FIRST OF ALL KNOWLEDGE IS A BRANCH OF WISDOM!

MERRIAM WEBSTER DICTIONARY

WISDOM:

knowledge that is gained by having many experiences in life

: the natural ability to understand things that most other people cannot understand

: knowledge of what is proper or reasonable : good sense or judgment

SO CORRECTION NOW:

THE CREATION OF THE WORLD IS THE WORKS DONE BY:

THE FATHER          LOVE  ITSELF

THE SON              WISDOM ITSELF

THE HOLY SPIRIT  POWER ITSELF

ALL IN THE SON'S SPIRIT UNDER THE TITLE OF THE WORD

THE TRIUNE MEDIATOR CREATOR GOD

THAT IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 23 2013,14:26)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 23 2013,07:03)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 23 2013,06:27)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 22 2013,14:54)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 21 2013,13:31)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 21 2013,07:54)
    kerwin,

ill repeat what i said. the version said the Word was God.
    the version also said the Word was divine BUT NO VERSION SAYS GOD IS LIKE HIS WORD IN JOHN1.1

you said GOD is like his word. now im asking you where can you find that in john 1.1.

we are now at page 1047 but i  still get no answer from you boy

Jammin,

Any version that can be interpreted to be true will do if you understand the truth.

So do you believe both God and his word are divine.

cant you read my posts??

i said the version said the WORD was GOD. some versions said the WORD was divine but no version said GOD IS LIKE HIS WORD

how can you win the case if you dont have materials to provide?

this is very obvious that you just waNT TO POLLUTE THE MINDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.
    praise the LORD because the bible clearly tells us that THE WORD WAS CHRIST HIMSELF. he was DIVINE and he was GOD.

John 1:1

New Life Version (NLV)
    Christ Lived Before the World Was Made

1 The Word (Christ) was in the beginning. The Word was with God. The Word was God.

this topic should now be closed. it is no longer profitable to talk to false teachers like you kerwin. you say non sense words.

Jammin,

The word divine means godlike.

godlike

Synonyms
       blessed (also blest), divine, holy, godly, heavenly, sacred, supernatural

Note: godlike

the word godlike is not the same as  “GOD IS LIKE HIS WORD.”

do you know english boy???

i think you should go back to elementary school

Jammin,

You are the one arguing with an English dictionary, not me.

im not arguing with it.
    you are saying words that are not written in the dictionary.

what dictionary can you give that says that the meaning of the word “godlike” is GOD IS LIKE HIS WORD?

make your own dictionary LOL

jammin
    Participant

i do not know if this kerwin is really an english man.
    how come you dont understand the meaning of the word godlike.
    godlike is not the same as GOD IS LIKE HIS WORD.

you said that john 1.1 tells us that GOD IS LIKE HIS WORD but until now you dont have version for your opinion.

poor guy.

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 22 2013,10:25)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 22 2013,04:22)
    Hi Pierre:

now you think that the words that where said by the prophets is less important than the words that Christ said right ???

your are wrong ,you have mist the truth ,and I getting tire to say and show the scriptures to the truth of God ,over and over again ,it seems you do not understand the meaning of them

Quit putting words in my mouth.  I did not say any thing about what Word of God was more or less important.

But no other prophet obeyed the Word of God without sin unto death on the cross.

And so if you are tired of my giving you my understanding of the scriptures, then quit responding to my posts.

Have you ever considered that it might just be you that is wrong?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

MT 23:35 so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
    LK 11:51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation

I do not put words in your mouth ,but your logic of explaining things brings you to that version of events,
    THE WORDS SPOKEN BY GOD ARE ALL OF EQUAL POWER ,THE ONE THAT SAYS THEM BECOMES IRRELEVANT TO WHAT IS SPOKEN,BUT IN THE CASE OF CHRIST IT WAS NOT THE WORDS ONLY THAT HE SPOOKED BECAUSE THE WORDS HE SPOOKED WHERE ALREADY WRITTEN AND RECORDED BY PREVIOUS PROPHETS ,BUT IT IS HIS SPECIAL   ACTION THAT HE DID ,;FOR THAT IS WHY HE WAS SEND DOWN FROM THE FATHER TO FULFILL THOSE ACTIONS IN THE NAME OF HIS TRUE FATHER AND GOD,SO THAT “THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD IS COMPLETE WITH THE ACTIONS THAT WAS WRITTEN IN IT ;SO THAT GOD'S GLORY WOULD BECOME COMPLETE ,”

your are wrong ,you have mist the truth ,and I getting tire to say and show the scriptures to the truth of God ,over and over again ,it seems you do not understand the meaning of them

I LET YOU WITH YOUR OWN MIND TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG ;

Hi Pierre:

The point that was being made by the scriptures posted is that the “Word” or the Word of God is not a person, but is that which He has spoken.

And yes, I will discern the truth through God's Word, even if you disagree with what I have written:

This is what Jesus said:

Jhn 17:14

I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Jhn 17:15

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Jhn 17:16

They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  

Jhn 17:17

Sanctify them through thy truth:thy word is truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……..God and his Words are one because those utterances or Words come from him alone, Just as you and your utterances of”words” are come from you, the same thing with God and His words.  Jesus spoke God the Fathers words to us, which God gave him to speak, Just as he said he did. The words i am telling you are “NOT “MY”  WORDS, but the words of Him that sent me. Remember it says GOD 'SPOKE” to us, in times past “THROUGH” the PROPHETS, has in these latter days “SPOKEN” to us “THROUGH” a SON. So who Spoke?, GOD “SPOKE”.

God is a Spirit and his words are Spirit , and they reflect (his life), Just as your word are spirit and reflect your mind and life also, also. Remember where it says, we are to judge the spirits to see if they are OF GOD, if what a man says is not in line with what God has said, then he or she, is simply not of GOD.

God and his words are one and the same and can not be separated from him, Just as you and your words are, Jesus spoke as a messenger God's word to us. How can something so simple become so confusing in the minds of men, it is just amazing what false religions and teachers can produce. “THE WORD “WAS” GOD AND GOD'S WORDS ARE WITH HIM, JUST AS YOU WORDS ARE WITH YOU,SAME THING, no mystery religion needed.

Now the “POWER” to carry them out is quite another thing. God's “POWER” is unlimited while ours is quite limited to these bodies we have.  IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 23 2013,13:23)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 23 2013,16:44)

Terraricca,

WITH EVERY RESPECT:

CORRECTION:

YOU SAID:the creation of God is the works done by his knowledge and wisdom

FIRST OF ALL KNOWLEDGE IS A BRANCH OF WISDOM!

MERRIAM WEBSTER DICTIONARY

WISDOM:

knowledge that is gained by having many experiences in life

: the natural ability to understand things that most other people cannot understand

: knowledge of what is proper or reasonable : good sense or judgment

SO CORRECTION NOW:

THE CREATION OF THE WORLD IS THE WORKS DONE BY:

THE FATHER          LOVE  ITSELF

THE SON              WISDOM ITSELF

THE HOLY SPIRIT  POWER ITSELF

ALL IN THE SON'S SPIRIT UNDER THE TITLE OF THE WORD

THE TRIUNE MEDIATOR CREATOR GOD

THAT IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

charles

this is men's view and understanding ,because of man has limits in knowledge and time of his life ;

all those things do not apply to God Jehovah the creator .

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 23 2013,13:40)

kerwin,

the version also said the Word was divine BUT NO VERSION SAYS GOD IS LIKE HIS WORD IN JOHN1.1

you said GOD is like his word. now im asking you where can you find that in john 1.1.

Jammin,

Any version that can be interpreted to be true will do if you understand the truth.

cant you read my posts??

i said the version said the WORD was GOD. some versions said the WORD was divine but no version said GOD IS LIKE HIS WORD

this is very obvious that you just waNT TO POLLUTE THE MINDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.
    praise the LORD because the bible clearly tells us that THE WORD WAS CHRIST HIMSELF. he was DIVINE and he was GOD.

New Life Version (NLV)

1 The Word (Christ) was in the beginning. The Word was with God. The Word was God.

this topic should now be closed. it is no longer profitable to talk to false teachers like you kerwin. you say non sense words.

Jammin,

godlike

Synonyms

Jammin,

im not arguing with it.

what dictionary can you give that says that the meaning of the word “godlike” is GOD IS LIKE HIS WORD?

Jammin,

So, do you agree that divine, godlike, godly, and the like are words that mean the same but sound different? It sounds like you do.

You instead do not believe that God's Utterance is like him even though both God and his word framed the worlds and ages.

These are the words of a Jew of that time speaking of the word.

Now the image of God is the Word, by which all the world was made.” (The Special Laws, I, XVI, 81).

That is what Jew like John in the same age as John.

Note: I obtained the quote from Philo of Alexander on the word here.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 23 2013,20:32)

Hi Pierre:

now you think that the words that where said by the prophets is less important than the words that Christ said right ???

Quit putting words in my mouth.  I did not say any thing about what Word of God was more or less important.

But no other prophet obeyed the Word of God without sin unto death on the cross.

And so if you are tired of my giving you my understanding of the scriptures, then quit responding to my posts.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

MT 23:35 so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
    LK 11:51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation

I do not put words in your mouth ,but your logic of explaining things brings you to that version of events,
    THE WORDS SPOKEN BY GOD ARE ALL OF EQUAL POWER ,THE ONE THAT SAYS THEM BECOMES IRRELEVANT TO WHAT IS SPOKEN,BUT IN THE CASE OF CHRIST IT WAS NOT THE WORDS ONLY THAT HE SPOOKED BECAUSE THE WORDS HE SPOOKED WHERE ALREADY WRITTEN AND RECORDED BY PREVIOUS PROPHETS ,BUT IT IS HIS SPECIAL   ACTION THAT HE DID ,;FOR THAT IS WHY HE WAS SEND DOWN FROM THE FATHER TO FULFILL THOSE ACTIONS IN THE NAME OF HIS TRUE FATHER AND GOD,SO THAT “THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD IS COMPLETE WITH THE ACTIONS THAT WAS WRITTEN IN IT ;SO THAT GOD'S GLORY WOULD BECOME COMPLETE ,”

Hi Pierre:

The point that was being made by the scriptures posted is that the “Word” or the Word of God is not a person, but is that which He has spoken.

And yes, I will discern the truth through God's Word, even if you disagree with what I have written:

This is what Jesus said:

I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

This is what Jesus said:

well their is our different understanding ;from God's written word ;this is not new ,is it ;?

And yes, I will discern the truth through God's Word,

I always wander why we (and many) read the written scriptures and yet find different interpretation of what it says,

THIS TO ME IS THE MYSTERIOUS WAY OF GOD TO SEPARATE HIS CHOSEN ONES ,what you think ?

Wakeup
    Participant

And the *Word* spoken was *made flesh* and dwelleth amongst men. *HE* is the light of the world.
    Without him there is no life.
    Without *HIM* we can not come to God.
    Without *HIM* we are lost.
    The 10 commandments can not save us from death.

wakeup.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 19 2013,20:26)
    Here's an example, Kathi:

2 Chronicles 35:6 KJV
    6 So kill the passover, and sanctify yourselves, and prepare your brethren, that they may do according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Or does “word of YHWH” simply refer to the commands YHWH had given them through Moses?

Mike,
    I was writing about how the Targums substituted the name 'Jehovah' with 'the Word of Jehovah.' I understand your rabbit trail but it really does not address how the Targums equated Jehovah with 'the Word of Jehovah' when Jehovah appeared and spoke.

If the Jews back then in John's day heard the term 'the Word' and the 'Word was God,' they would likely relate it to how the OT Jews used 'the Word of Jehovah' to replace the name 'Jehovah' when Jehovah was seen and or heard.

It seems that the Jews were very well aware of the scriptures and the Targum understandings of the scriptures.

The ongoing argument of whether there is an 'a god' or 'the God' or just 'God' is just chasing the wind and getting nowhere.

Jehovah a was with Jehovah b in the beginning. Jehovah a was begotten, Jehovah b begot Jehovah a. Both are eternal, both have the same attributes and together they form one ruler-ship. We need to believe in both for our salvation. Both receive the same blessing, the same honor, the same glory, and the same might.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 24 2013,03:18)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 23 2013,13:40)

kerwin,

Jammin,

cant you read my posts??

New Life Version (NLV)

Jammin,

godlike

Synonyms

Jammin,

im not arguing with it.

Jammin,

So, do you agree that divine, godlike, godly, and the like are words that mean the same but sound different?  It sounds like you do.

You instead do not believe that God's Utterance is like him even though both God and his word framed the worlds and ages.

These are the words of a Jew of that time speaking of the word.

Now the image of God is the Word, by which all the world was made.” (The Special Laws, I, XVI, 81).

That is what Jew like John in the same age as John.

Note: I obtained the quote from Philo of Alexander on the word here.

There is no version that says God is like his word. Stop fooling people. I cant imagine that you are not afraid of altering the words of the bible. I think you need to go back to gradeschool bec your reasoning is like a kid who does not know how to read properly. The bible said the Word was God. The bible said the Word was divine. The bible did not say God is like his word. Only a moron can say that

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 24 2013,08:30)

6 So kill the passover, and sanctify yourselves, and prepare your brethren, that they may do according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Or does “word of YHWH” simply refer to the commands YHWH had given them through Moses?

Mike,
    I was writing about how the Targums substituted the name 'Jehovah' with 'the Word of Jehovah.' I understand your rabbit trail but it really does not address how the Targums equated Jehovah with 'the Word of Jehovah' when Jehovah appeared and spoke.

If the Jews back then in John's day heard the term 'the Word' and the 'Word was God,' they would likely relate it to how the OT Jews used 'the Word of Jehovah' to replace the name 'Jehovah' when Jehovah was seen and or heard.

It seems that the Jews were very well aware of the scriptures and the Targum understandings of the scriptures.

The ongoing argument of whether there is an 'a god' or 'the God' or just 'God' is just chasing the wind and getting nowhere.

Jehovah a was with Jehovah b in the beginning. Jehovah a was begotten, Jehovah b begot Jehovah a. Both are eternal, both have the same attributes and together they form one ruler-ship. We need to believe in both for our salvation. Both receive the same blessing, the same honor, the same glory, and the same might.

LU,

Do you know why they replaced the God's name with his utterance?

God spoke his word and all of creation came to be.

jammin
    Participant

Kerwin
    Do you really understand english?it seems that you have no knowledge about the language. The special laws say the image of God is the Word. It didnt say the image of God is his word.

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

Philo, a Jew, was a was speaking of the divine word.

jammin
    Participant

Study hard kerwin

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 24 2013,10:21)
    Study hard kerwin

Jammin,

I have chosen to stop clinging to the things of this world and seek and his righteousness instead.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 24 2013,10:02)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 24 2013,08:30)

Mike,

LU,

Do you know why they replaced the God's name with his utterance?

God spoke his word and all of creation came to be.

K

Tell me did God created his heavenly sons before ,but after his only begotten son ,he created the universe and all that it composes or after all creation was completed ???

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 24 2013,05:51)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 23 2013,20:32)

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

This is what Jesus said:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

This is what Jesus said:

well their is our different understanding ;from God's written word ;this is not new ,is it ;?

And yes, I will discern the truth through God's Word,

I always wander why we (and many) read the written scriptures and yet find different interpretation of what it says,

THIS TO ME IS THE MYSTERIOUS WAY OF GOD TO SEPARATE HIS CHOSEN ONES ,what you think ?

Hi Pierre:

I think that God is not the author of confusion, and so it must be that other guy.

It is not my interpretation or yours that matters but God's Word that is the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 14,781 through 14,800 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account