JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,621 through 14,640 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Nov. 02 2013,15:43)
    So what difference does that make?
    We know that God's name is Jehovah.

Why should one need to introduce ones name 7000 times?

Wakeup,

I believe the point is that if the actual Hebrew text says “YHWH”, and the KJV translates that Hebrew word as “Jehovah” on a few occasions, what gives them the right to NOT translate the same Hebrew word as “Jehovah” the rest of the times it is in the Hebrew text?

Pierre quoted Joseph Rotherham, who said it better than I could:

Because its suppression was a mistake. So grave a mistake cannot be corrected too soon. An unwarrantable liberty has been taken; the path of humility is to retrace our steps. The facts have only to be known to justify this verdict………..

Why did the KJV scholars take such an “unwarrantable liberty”?  Why did they take it upon themselves, mere men, to suppress the proper name of our Creator?

It's good to know that the KJV people released a “Divine Name” translation last year, where they restored God's proper name to all the places it was written in the Hebrew text.  They have at last taken “the path of humility” and “retraced their steps” – as suggested above by Rotherham.

The point is not whether or not YOU think 7000 times is too many, Wakeup. The point is to make an ACCURATE translation of the scriptures. That means if the Hebrew equivalent of “man” is written 10,000 times, we must translate as “man” 10,000 times. And if the Hebrew equivalent of “Jehovah” is written 6832 times, we must translate as “Yahweh” or “Jehovah” 6832 times. No more, no less.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 06 2013,12:42)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 06 2013,07:35)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 06 2013,04:15)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 05 2013,16:54)
    Kerwin,
    You dont want to answer my question and now you want to escape? I know you cant me give me versions. Repent and be baptized

Jammin,

I want you to start reading my posts so that your questions are up to date on what is going on.  It is clear you are not reading them and I am wasting my time posting them.

i read your post and you gave me no version. i dont need your explanation. i need versions. do you understand?

Jammin,

Go back and read them again as I already admitted “aspect” was the wrong English word to express the ideas I wrote out.  The correct word is “like” as God is like his Word in that they are both divine.  Your question revealed you were not keeping up with the conversation.

i just want you to say if you can give me version or not? im not expecting you to correct your opinion. although you said God is like his word, you cant read that in john 1.1

what we can read is that the Word was divine. the translators did not say God is like his word. can you give me version about that one?

kerwin stop talking non sense.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 07 2013,08:31)

Kerwin,
    You dont want to answer my question and now you want to escape? I know you cant me give me versions. Repent and be baptized

Jammin,

I want you to start reading my posts so that your questions are up to date on what is going on.  It is clear you are not reading them and I am wasting my time posting them.

i read your post and you gave me no version. i dont need your explanation. i need versions. do you understand?

Jammin,

Go back and read them again as I already admitted “aspect” was the wrong English word to express the ideas I wrote out.  The correct word is “like” as God is like his Word in that they are both divine.  Your question revealed you were not keeping up with the conversation.

i just want you to say if you can give me version or not? im not expecting you to correct your opinion. although you said God is like his word, you cant read that in john 1.1

what we can read is that the Word was divine. the translators did not say God is like his word. can you give me version about that one?

Jammin,

I have already given you at least one version that states the word is divine and I know you read that part of the post because you responded to it.

According to Trinitarian definitions of God the Word is the Trinity or the the Word is the Father. Neither of those works which is why a Trinitarian translator translated it to the Word is divine.

Stop giving me your opinions is an ignorant thing to say as you are here to voice and hear opinions.

It is for us to judge the truth and importance of each opinion.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 07 2013,10:07)

Wakeup,

I believe the point is that if the actual Hebrew text says “YHWH”, and the KJV translates that Hebrew word as “Jehovah” on a few occasions, what gives them the right to NOT translate the same Hebrew word as “Jehovah” the rest of the times it is in the Hebrew text?

Because its suppression was a mistake. So grave a mistake cannot be corrected too soon. An unwarrantable liberty has been taken; the path of humility is to retrace our steps. The facts have only to be known to justify this verdict………..

Why did the KJV scholars take such an “unwarrantable liberty”?  Why did they take it upon themselves, mere men, to suppress the proper name of our Creator?

It's good to know that the KJV people released a “Divine Name” translation last year, where they restored God's proper name to all the places it was written in the Hebrew text.  They have at last taken “the path of humility” and “retraced their steps” – as suggested above by Rotherham.

The point is not whether or not YOU think 7000 times is too many, Wakeup.  The point is to make an ACCURATE translation of the scriptures.  That means if the Hebrew equivalent of “man” is written 10,000 times, we must translate as “man” 10,000 times.  And if the Hebrew equivalent of “Jehovah” is written 6832 times, we must translate as “Yahweh” or “Jehovah” 6832 times.  No more, no less.

Mike B.

How do we know *for sure* that the name is
    written down 7000times?
    Has anyone ckecked?
    As far as I know;the jews believe that the name is Holy.
    and everytime before they write down the name;they must wash themselves.
    This is why they have to changed it into Lord.
    Thats fine with me;for I know that one of his names is Jehovah. That's not the one name God has.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

it seem true that wakeup is just arguing for the sake of playing ,because all the questions he ask are and have been answered already either by me or by you and some others ,he has become like a unbeliever ,try to twist the mind of the believers with his own twisted mind

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 07 2013,15:52)
    Mike

it seem true that wakeup is just arguing for the sake of playing ,because all the questions he ask are and have been answered already either by me or by you and some others ,he has become like a unbeliever ,try to twist the mind of the believers with his own twisted mind

T.

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

This is you.

wakeup.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 07 2013,14:01)

Kerwin,

Jammin,

Jammin,

Jammin,

I have already given you at least one version that states the word is divine and I know you read that part of the post because you responded to it.

According to Trinitarian definitions of God the Word is the Trinity or the the Word is the Father.  Neither of those works which is why a Trinitarian translator translated it to the Word is divine.

Stop giving me your opinions is an ignorant thing to say as you are here to voice and hear opinions.  

yes the Word was divine. not word kerwin. stop fooling people.

second, the verse did not say God is like his word.

no version says that but you.

carmel
    Participant

terraricca,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth ? tell me if thou hast understanding.

what are the foundation of the earth ???

Terraricca,

I STATED THIS:

……….. THE EARTH WAS ON ITS OWN, THERE WAS NOT ANY KIND OF GROUND, LIKE GRAVITY, AND THE SUN, ITS FUNCTION WAS COMPLETELY BY ITSELF,

BY GOD’S POWER, AND WISDOM!

SO I WAS SPECIFIC WASN'T I?

POWER THE HOLY SPIRIT

AND WISDOM   THE SONS'S SPIRIT THE WORD, THE TRIUNE MEDIATOR CREATOR GOD!

THEN I MADE IT CLEAR AND SAID:

WHICH GOD REFERRED TO IT IN THE WORDS :

WHO LAID THE CORNER STONE THEREOF

SO GOD ALMIGHTY LAID THE CORNER STONE  NO? AND THAT WAS:

THE WORD

SO WISDOM WAS GIVEN TO THE SON

THE POWER WAS GIVEN TO THE HOLY SPIRIT

AND THE FATHER IS LOVE

SO ALL CREATION WAS ACHIEVED THROUGH LOVE, WISDOM, AND POWER!

THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT! RESPECTIVELY!

NOW ALL THOSE ATTRIBUTES, THE FULL POWER OF GOD, WERE ALL PURPOSELY INSTITUTED IN THE SON'S SPIRIT, THE WORD IN ORDER TO CREATE OUR RATIONAL, TIME CONSUMING, MORTAL MATERIAL WORLD!

NOT THE ONE REFERRED TO IN JOB 38:4, ALTHOUGH IT WAS THE SAME PLANET!

THAT WAS CREATED DIRECTLY BY THE FATHER THROUGH THE WORD WITHIN LUCIFER, HIS FIRST EVER ABODE.

GENESIS 1:1

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Nov. 06 2013,22:44)
    Mike B.

How do we know *for sure* that the name is
    written down 7000times?
    Has anyone checked?

Yes Wakeup,

They have checked. But once again, the point is not about how many times the Divine Name is in the Hebrew texts. The point is to translate it accordingly EVERY time – not just seven of the 6800 times.

Would YOU do that if YOU were the translator? Would YOU be bold enough to ALTER the Hebrew Bible by ELIMINATING the only proper name God gave us for Himself?

I wouldn't. But the KJV scholars did. His NAME is not “Lord”. His NAME is YHWH – which is the Hebrew verb “to be”.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 07 2013,13:30)

Kerwin,

Jammin,

Jammin,

Jammin,

According to Trinitarian definitions of God the Word is the Trinity or the the Word is the Father.  Neither of those works which is why a Trinitarian translator translated it to the Word is divine.

Jammin,

There seems to be some progress in that you are admitting that the word is divine.

I use the small case of the word because the single case Koine Greek did not use two cases.

Do you believe God is also divine or do you believe it is just the word that is divine?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 07 2013,10:07)

Wakeup,

The point is not whether or not YOU think 7000 times is too many, Wakeup.  The point is to make an ACCURATE translation of the scriptures.  That means if the Hebrew equivalent of “man” is written 10,000 times, we must translate as “man” 10,000 times.  And if the Hebrew equivalent of “Jehovah” is written 6832 times, we must translate as “Yahweh” or “Jehovah” 6832 times.  No more, no less.

Mike B.

You did not read my post.
    Stating why the word Lord was used instead of
    Jehovah.

wakeup.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 08 2013,17:05)

Kerwin,

Jammin,

Jammin,

Jammin,

Jammin,

There seems to be some progress in that you are admitting that the word is divine.  

I use the small case of the word because the single case Koine Greek did not use two cases.  

Do you believe God is also divine or do you believe it is just the word that is divine?

before asking me, answer mine first.

where can you read in john 1.1 that GOD is like his word?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 08 2013,16:55)

Jammin,

Jammin,

I believe God is divine.
    I believe his word is divine.
    Therefore I believe they are alike in that they are divine.

I am just having difficulty comprehending why you do not seem to agree with what I believe in these matters.  My belief on them should not threaten your personal choice of Christology.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 09 2013,07:42)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 08 2013,16:55)

Jammin,

Jammin,

I believe God is divine.
    I believe his word is divine.
    Therefore I believe they are alike in that they are divine.

I am just having difficulty comprehending why you do not seem to agree with what I believe in these matters.  My belief on them should not threaten your personal choice of Christology.

im not asking for your opinion. do you understand english?

i said i want version. where can you read in john 1.1 that GOD is like his word?

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

Stop sounding like a fool. This is a forum, a place where opinions are given and tested for truth.

I told you my answer. Stop delaying and tell me if you believe God is divine as you already stated you believe his word is.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 09 2013,07:13)
    Jammin,

Stop sounding like a fool.  This is a forum, a place where opinions are given and tested for truth.  

I told you my answer.  Stop delaying and tell me if you believe God is divine as you already stated you believe his word is.

K

do you believe that all of creation his divine ??? BECAUSE WE ALL COME FROM HIM ,

your logic should accept this ,right ???

carmel
    Participant

terraricca,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

do you believe that all of creation his divine ??? BECAUSE WE ALL COME FROM HIM ,

Terraricca,

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the slime of the earth: and breathed into his face the breath of life,AND MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL.

AS YOU CAN READ ADAM WAS TRANSFORMED FROM A MAN INTO A DIVINE BEING, AND BECAME THE MOST PERFECT MAN, A LIVING SOUL, AS SOON AS HE WAS GIVEN GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT!

SO WE LOST OUR DIVINITY IN ADAM'S SIN!

WE BECAME CURSED, DEVILS IN FLESH, AND WE ALSO CURSED THE WORLD THROUGH OUR WORKS!

Genesis 3:17…………. cursed is the earth in thy work;…………

BUT FROM THAT MOMENT JUSTICE COMMENCED AS WELL, AND JESUS BECAME IN ALL THINGS LIKE US!

BUT STILL MAINTAINED HIS DIVINITY IN ORDER TO MAKE US DIVINE LIKE HIM!

FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT HE WAS IN ALL THINGS LIKE US!

WE HUMANS,ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANS HAVE THE ADVANTAGE TO BECOME DIVINE EVEN WHILE ON EARTH!

FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT IF WE LOVE JESUS AND LIVE PERFECT, LIKE CHRIST LOVED HIS FATHER AND WAS PERFECT, BOTH JESUS AND THE FATHER WOULD MAKE THEIR ABODE IN US, THEREFORE WE WOULD BE IN HIM, AND HE WOULD BE IN US, THEREFORE ONE DIVINE BEING, ANOTHER CHRIST!;

IT IS CONFIRMED IN THIS SCRIPTURE HEREUNDER:

John 17:20 And not for them only do I pray, but for them (US )also who through their word shall believe in me; 21That they (US) all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be ONE IN US; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

OBVIOUS WHILE STILL ON EARTH ONCE A PERSON LOVES JESUS, AND LIVES  PERFECT LIKE HIM!  

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 08 2013,00:05)

They shouldn't you do the same when writing “God”? Shouldn't you be writing “god”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Nov. 08 2013,02:11)
    Mike B.

You did not read my post.
    Stating why the word Lord was used instead of
    Jehovah.

Is there any reason good enough to ALTER the God-inspired holy scriptures – and thereby almost completely eliminate the NAME God Himself gave us to call Him for all time?

I wouldn't do it if I was the one translating. Would you?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 09 2013,12:41)

terraricca,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

Terraricca,

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the slime of the earth: and breathed into his face the breath of life,AND MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL.

AS YOU CAN READ ADAM WAS TRANSFORMED FROM A MAN INTO A DIVINE BEING, AND BECAME THE MOST PERFECT MAN, A LIVING SOUL, AS SOON AS HE WAS GIVEN GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT!

SO WE LOST OUR DIVINITY IN ADAM'S SIN!

WE BECAME CURSED, DEVILS IN FLESH, AND WE ALSO CURSED THE WORLD THROUGH OUR WORKS!

Genesis 3:17…………. cursed is the earth in thy work;…………

BUT FROM THAT MOMENT JUSTICE COMMENCED AS WELL, AND JESUS BECAME IN ALL THINGS LIKE US!

BUT STILL MAINTAINED HIS DIVINITY IN ORDER TO MAKE US DIVINE LIKE HIM!

FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT HE WAS IN ALL THINGS LIKE US!

WE HUMANS,ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANS HAVE THE ADVANTAGE TO BECOME DIVINE EVEN WHILE ON EARTH!

FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT IF WE LOVE JESUS AND LIVE PERFECT, LIKE CHRIST LOVED HIS FATHER AND WAS PERFECT, BOTH JESUS AND THE FATHER WOULD MAKE THEIR ABODE IN US, THEREFORE WE WOULD BE IN HIM, AND HE WOULD BE IN US, THEREFORE ONE DIVINE BEING, ANOTHER CHRIST!;

IT IS CONFIRMED IN THIS SCRIPTURE HEREUNDER:

John 17:20 And not for them only do I pray, but for them (US )also who through their word shall believe in me; 21That they (US) all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be ONE IN US; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

OBVIOUS WHILE STILL ON EARTH ONCE A PERSON LOVES JESUS, AND LIVES  PERFECT LIKE HIM!  

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

charles

this is not what scriptures is saying ;

Ge 2:7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

anything that is going through NOSTRILS IS AIR OR OXYGEN ;GOT IT ???

Viewing 20 posts - 14,621 through 14,640 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account