JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,521 through 14,540 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 28 2013,02:03)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 27 2013,02:26)

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 27 2013,01:41)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 26 2013,22:13)
    so it is not the WORDS OF THE MAN BUT THE ACTIONS OF THE MAN THAT SAVES BY BELIEVING IN IT ,RIGHT ???

T,

Yes, though words are also actions but both a man who says what is right but does not do it will not inherit the reign of God.

k

understand that in Christ it is HIS ACTION THAT SAVES US ,BUT TO US IT IS THE ACTION OF BELIEVING HIS WORDS THAT WILL OR CAN SAVE US ;

T,

Believing gives birth to the righteous works of the law because God does as he promises.

k

believing give birth to the DEEDS that bring righteousness to those that who obey God

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 28 2013,06:07)

so it is not the WORDS OF THE MAN BUT THE ACTIONS OF THE MAN THAT SAVES BY BELIEVING IN IT ,RIGHT ???

T,

Yes, though words are also actions but both a man who says what is right but does not do it will not inherit the reign of God.

k

understand that in Christ it is HIS ACTION THAT SAVES US ,BUT TO US IT IS THE ACTION OF BELIEVING HIS WORDS THAT WILL OR CAN SAVE US ;

T,

Believing gives birth to the righteous works of the law because God does as he promises.

k

believing give birth to the DEEDS that bring righteousness to those that who obey God

T,

Yes, As I don't see God doing anything for those that don't want him to.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 28 2013,10:00)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 28 2013,06:07)

T,

k

T,

k

T,

Yes, As I don't see God doing anything for those that don't want him to.

:)

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 28 2013,10:55)
    Marty

I don't know what you are saying:  the scriptures do not say that.  Are you saying that the following scripture is wrong?

Mat 1:20

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Mt 1:18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.

Mt 1:20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Mt 1:22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:

Mt 1:23 “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.”

Lk 1:34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”
    Lk 1:35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and THE POWER OF THE MOST HIGH WILL OVERSHADOW YOU. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

so my question to you is this ;

what or who his the HOLY SPIRIT ???

what or who his the POWER OF THE MOST HIGH ???

and what is the part they took in Christ birth ???

unless you answer those questions you have no inside ,but all those scriptures are the truth,

Hi Pierre:

The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit.

1Cr 2:7

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory

1Cr 2:8

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1Cr 2:9

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

1Cr 2:10

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Cr 2:11

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

1Cr 2:12

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Cr 2:13

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 28 2013,10:45)
    marty

Job 1:6 is speaking about angels, not men who have been born again, and have the power to become the sons of God through Jesus.

look at the HEBREW ORIGINAL it says ” SONS OF GOD” I believe the original Hebrew version ;

KJV
    Now there was a day
    when the sons
    of God
    came
    (8799) to present
    (8692) themselves before the LORD
    _, and Satan

Hi Pierre:

I don't know what dictionary or other reference that you are using to get your understanding.

03117 is not the number that Strong's concordance uses for this definition.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 28 2013,04:09)
    :)  Okay Marty.  But did you notice that EVERYTHING said about “the Word” in John 1 is also said in scripture about “Jesus”?  Because that is what I thought you would see from my post.

Marty, consider the last words of 1:14……. “full of grace and truth”.  Now consider the exact moment in John 1 where John stops calling this person “the Word” and starts calling him “Jesus”.  (Follow the words “grace” and “truth”):

16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace……..

At this point, “the Word” is still the subject of the teaching, and the name “Jesus” has not yet been written.  So at this point, we know that grace came to us through “the Word”.  

DO YOU AGREE SO FAR?  YES or NO?

Now watch:

17 ……grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Do you agree that verse 16 says grace came from “the Word”?  YES or NO?

And do you agree that verse 17 says grace came from “Jesus Christ”?  YES or NO?

Now look back to verse 14:  We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Verse 14 is written about the one that had so far only been identified as “the Word”.  Do you agree?  And this “Word” came FROM the Father, full of grace and truth.  Do you agree?

1.  Is the Word actually the Father Himself?  Or did the Word come FROM the Father?  Which one?

2.  Are you able to see that “grace and truth” came from the Word?  And are you able to see that “grace and truth” came from Jesus Christ?

Hi Mike:

Jesus was born into this world a man child and the scriptures state:

And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

Luk 2:47

And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

Luk 2:48

And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

Luk 2:49

And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Luk 2:50

And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

Luk 2:51

And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

Luk 2:52

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

And these are the scriptures:

Jhn 1:14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jhn 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

This grace and truth came to humanity when Jesus was anointed and sent forth in His ministry on earth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 28 2013,21:31)

Marty

I don't know what you are saying:  the scriptures do not say that.  Are you saying that the following scripture is wrong?

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Mt 1:18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.

Mt 1:20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Mt 1:22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:

Mt 1:23 “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.”

Lk 1:35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and THE POWER OF THE MOST HIGH WILL OVERSHADOW YOU. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

unless you answer those questions you have no inside ,but all those scriptures are the truth,

Hi Pierre:

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.  

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you did not answered my questions why ???

you only answered :who his the holy spirit ;The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 28 2013,21:43)

marty

Job 1:6 is speaking about angels, not men who have been born again, and have the power to become the sons of God through Jesus.

look at the HEBREW ORIGINAL it says ” SONS OF GOD” I believe the original Hebrew version ;

KJV
    Now there was a day
    when the sons
    of God
    came
    (8799) to present
    _, and Satan

Hi Pierre:

I don't know what dictionary or other reference that you are using to get your understanding.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

NRSV ©
    One day the heavenly beings came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
    NKJV ©
    Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.

I am surprised that you did not check the KJV or the Hebrew version but only refers to the number ;but here are more versions
    but i will not force your hand into the truth of study.

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

what his God spirit ???

we know that GOD IS AN SPIRIT BEING ,RIGHT ??? YES

BUT WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOD'S SPIRIT RIGHT ??? YES

WHAT IS IT THAT WE SPEAK ???

WHY COULD THEY NOT KNOW (THE PRINCES)

WHAT IS IT THAT ENTERED THE HEART OF MEN ,AND WHAT GOD HAD PREPARED FOR THEM ???

WHAT IS IT THAT GOD AS REVEALED BY HIS SPIRIT ??? AND WHAT CAN BE REARCH ???

HOW CAN WE KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS ???

SO IF THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD IS DIFFERENT FROM GOD'S SPIRIT,HOW DO WE LEARN OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD ???

WERE DO WE LEARN THE THINGS WE SPEAK ???
       IT SAYS NOT FROM MAN'S WISDOM ,BUT WHICH AS BEEN TEACHED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT RIGHT ??? AND WHERE WOULD THAT BE ???

I TOOK ALL YOUR SCRIPTURES YOU HAVE QUOTED AND ADD MY QUESTION TO EACH ONE IN CAPITAL LETTERS SO PLEASE ANSWER THEM,

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2013,03:58)

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

what his God spirit ???

WHAT IS IT THAT ENTERED THE HEART OF MEN ,AND WHAT GOD HAD PREPARED FOR THEM ???

SO IF THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD IS DIFFERENT FROM GOD'S SPIRIT,HOW DO WE LEARN OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD ???

IT SAYS NOT FROM MAN'S WISDOM ,BUT WHICH AS BEEN TEACHED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT RIGHT ??? AND WHERE WOULD THAT BE ???

I TOOK ALL YOUR SCRIPTURES YOU HAVE QUOTED AND ADD MY QUESTION TO EACH ONE IN CAPITAL LETTERS SO PLEASE ANSWER THEM,

No, Pierre, I will not answer any more. If you want to teach me, you tell me what each of these mean.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2013,03:28)

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you did not answered my questions why ???

you only answered :who his the holy spirit ;The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit.

Hi Pierre:

I answered that the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit and gave you scripture for my answer, and I did not answer the other questions, because, the Holy Spirit is also the Power of the Most High that overshadowed the virgin Mary, and the scripture states that Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit in the womb of the virgin Mary.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2013,03:39)

marty

KJV
    Now there was a day
    when the sons
    of God
    came
    (8799) to present
    _, and Satan

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

NRSV ©
    One day the heavenly beings came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
    NKJV ©
    Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.

I am surprised that you did not check the KJV or the Hebrew version but only refers to the number ;but here are more versions

Hi Pierre:

The sons of God in Job 1:6 refer to angels. I checked the KJV, and I checked Strong's Concordance.

And so, you believe differently than this tell me to whom “the sons of God” refer in this scripture, and give me a reference so that I can check it out for myself.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 29 2013,01:22)

marty

KJV
    Now there was a day
    when the sons
    of God
    came
    (8799) to present
    _, and Satan

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

NRSV ©
    NKJV ©

Hi Pierre:

The sons of God in Job 1:6 refer to angels.  I checked the KJV, and I checked Strong's Concordance.

And so, you believe differently than this tell me to whom “the sons of God” refer in this scripture, and give me a reference so that I can check it out for myself.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

So the holy one who his he ???because he was yet to be born

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 29 2013,01:11)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2013,03:58)

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

what his God spirit ???

No, Pierre,  I will not answer any more.  If you want to teach me, you tell me what each of these mean.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

all the questions can be answered by the same answer, THE SCRIPTURES ;THE SCRIPTURES ARE THE ONLY COMMUNICATION OF GOD'S WILL AND INTERACTION WITH MAN ,AND SO THROUGH THE STUDY OF HIS SCRIPTURES WE CAN LEARN HIS HOLINESS,HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS,AND HIS PLAN,AND ALSO HIS TRUTH THROUGH HIS PROPHETS THAT WERE GUIDED BY HIS SPIRIT OF TRUTH (HOLY SPIRIT )

ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT GOD DOES NOT TELL ALL HIS PLANS TO MEN ONLY AS NEED TO KNOW

carmel
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 25 2013,12:17)
    [/quote]

kerwin,Oct. wrote:

A soul is composed of spirit but the Spirit is not the soul.  The Spirit is something to be lived by and the soul does the living.  

Kerwin,

ARE YOU REFERRING TO JESUS?

NOW READ AGAIN TO MAKE SURE WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING:  

JEREMIAH 32:41 And I will rejoice over them, when I shall do them good: and I will plant them in this land in truth,

WITH MY WHOLE HEART,AND WITH ALL MY SOUL. BOTH JESUS'

NOW, ARE YOU CLAIMING THAT THE FATHER'S SOUL AND HEART ARE LIKE YOURS!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2013,06:28)

marty

KJV
    Now there was a day
    when the sons
    of God
    came
    (8799) to present
    _, and Satan

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

NRSV ©
    NKJV ©

Hi Pierre:

The sons of God in Job 1:6 refer to angels.  I checked the KJV, and I checked Strong's Concordance.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

And so, what does the scripture state:

So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Luk 1:31
    And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    Luk 1:32
    He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 29 2013,01:55)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2013,06:28)

marty

KJV
    Now there was a day
    when the sons
    of God
    came
    (8799) to present
    _, and Satan

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

NRSV ©
    NKJV ©

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

And so, what does the scripture state:

So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Luk 1:31
    And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    Luk 1:32
    He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you read to fast ;So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God

I ask you WHO IS “THE HOLY ONE ” to be born

or the holy one to come ? will be called SON OF GOD

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 27 2013,12:43)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 24 2013,08:19)

Would anyone ever say, “2B went to the market, and his word went WITH him.” ?

Mike,

I already gave evidence it is done in English and possibly Koine Greek…………..

I'm quite sure I've seen no “evidence” of a person going to the store and taking his word along with him.

Which “evidence” of yours talks about a person going to the market with his word?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 27 2013,12:49)
    you could have said nothing and look wiser

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 27 2013,12:50)
    Mike,

You are speaking of John 1:1 and so the answer is that is was done to emphasize the word and its relationship to God.

“Relationship to God”?

So then the Word is someone OTHER THAN God who has a relationship WITH God, right?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,521 through 14,540 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account