JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,461 through 14,480 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

you should stop. you say non sense.
    where can you read in john 1.1 that God is an aspect of the Word?
    any version or greek bible that can support your belief?

carmel
    Participant

Wakeup,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

Your interpretation regarding the creation/God/Jesus
    and satan is not scriptural.

Wakeup, and Mike,

BE SPECIFIC!

MY TEACHING IS ALL SCRIPTURAL!

SO:

BE SPECIFIC AND CONTRADICT ME USING SCRIPTURES!

Peace and love in Jesus

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 25 2013,17:25)

Wakeup,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

Your interpretation regarding the creation/God/Jesus
    and satan is not scriptural.

Wakeup, and Mike,

BE SPECIFIC!

MY TEACHING IS ALL SCRIPTURAL!

SO:

BE SPECIFIC AND CONTRADICT ME USING SCRIPTURES!

Peace and love in Jesus

Carmel.

Why dont you quote some scriptures to back up
    your interpretations?

Like God was in darkness in the beginning, etc.etc.
    Lucifer was the light,etc,etc.

wakeup.

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 25 2013,10:26)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 24 2013,08:46)
    Hi Mike:

You ask:

Marty, WHOSE name is called “The Word of God” in Rev 19:13?

I have already discussed this with you, and what it means.  

The answer is “Jesus”, Marty.  That is the answer to my question.  

Jesus is the one whose name is called “The Word of God”.

(BTW, Jesus is also the one who is called by that same name in John 1)

Hi Mike:

It is true that Jesus name is called “the Word of God” in Rev. 19:3, but where is the scripture which supports your statement that his name is called “the Word of God” in John 1?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty………..You are right, being called by a title the Word of God in Rev. because Jesus speaks God Word to us and the world, not his own words , in no way makes Jesus himself a God or Gods Word. You have it right brother. Mike even thinks Jesus' flesh “IS” the word of God. Not even understanding that God the FATHER was “TRULY “IN” the flesh man Jesus speaking “through” him. This idea of Jesus FLESH being a “WORD” is really bizarre to me, because i have never seeing a “FLESH WORD”, nor do i known anyone else who has either. The whole thing behind Mikes renditions is to make Jesus a GOD, and because he is not will to admit Jesus is No God now or ever was either, he stubbornly holds on to this false teaching. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 25 2013,07:31)

K

I don't think Paul suffered the same insecurities as I do and so I figure that accusations were false.

I do not think for a moment that Paul suffered from insecurity,what usually is triggered  by a lack of  good and true understanding in the knowledge of what will be the topic of discussion ,”I WOULD ALSO FEEL UNSECURED THEN”

this in Paul case was not a accusation but a acknowledgment of what they could see or notice when they compare his letters and his public talks ,

T,

The reason I believe Paul was being accused falsely are the words “Let such an one think” in 2 Co 10:11.

2Co 10:11 Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 25 2013,09:24)
    kerwin,

you should stop. you say non sense.
    where can you read in john 1.1 that God is an aspect of the Word?
    any version or greek bible that can support your belief?

Jammin,

I already admitted “aspect” is the wrong word in English to express the idea that the Word is divine.   Since you did not realize I did so it seems clear you failed to comprehend what was written. That seems to be common with you but hopefully you are striving to overcome.  

In English the formula “x is a” can mean “a is an aspect of x”.  In the case of “the word is God” apparently it means “an aspect of x = an aspect of a” as both the word and God are divine.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 24 2013,12:13)
    I also agree THAT GOD WAS IN COMPLETE DARKNESS!

BUT NOT DARKNESS IN OUR TERMS ONLY!

BUT DARKNESS AS A MYSTERY, UNKNOWN BEING!

THEN HE CREATED THE FIRST EVER CREATURE LUCIFER, HIS FIRST EVER ABODE AND OUR UNIVERSE BECAME AN UNIMAGINABLE PURE LIGHT!

SO GOD WITHIN LUCIFER BECAME THE FIRST KIND OF LIGHT, AND CREATED OUR GALAXY, AND OUR PLANET EARTH WAS THE FIRST EVER PLANET FUNCTIONED ON ITS OWN!

SCIENTIST ARE WRONG WHEN THEY SAY THAT OUR EARTH ORIGINATED FROM THE SUN!

OUR PARTICULAR EARTH YES, IT IS SUBJECTED TO THE SUN, BUT IT WAS NEVER ITS ORIGIN!

AFTER THE REBEL, OUR UNIVERSE AGAIN BECAME IN COMPLETE DARKNESS, BUT THIS KIND OF DARKNESS WAS THE FIRST EVER ENEMY OF GOD. SO GOD HAD TO  REGENERATED MORE LIGHT CREATURES IN AN INSTANT

LET THERE BE LIGHT AND  OUR WORLD WAS REGENERATED INTO WHAT IT IS NOW!

Charles,

You wrote these words and the rest of this post to Mike and the following two to me and told a story of creation I have never read in Scripture or heard anywhere. What is your source of this development?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 25 2013,23:13)

K

I don't think Paul suffered the same insecurities as I do and so I figure that accusations were false.

I do not think for a moment that Paul suffered from insecurity,what usually is triggered  by a lack of  good and true understanding in the knowledge of what will be the topic of discussion ,”I WOULD ALSO FEEL UNSECURED THEN”

this in Paul case was not a accusation but a acknowledgment of what they could see or notice when they compare his letters and his public talks ,

T,

The reason I believe Paul was being accused falsely are the words “Let such an one think” in 2 Co 10:11.

2Co 10:11 Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present.

k

see what Paul says as nothing to do with him being not in stature wen in person ;BUT HE SAYS WHATEVER I WRITE IN MY LETTERS I WILL BE BE DOING IN DEEDS WHEN HE WILL BE PRESENT WITH THEM

2Co 10:10 For some say, “His letters are weighty and forceful, but in person he is unimpressive and his speaking amounts to nothing.”
    2Co 10:11 Such people should realize that what we are in our letters when we are absent, we will be in our actions when we are present.
    2Co 10:12 We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.
    2Co 10:13 We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will confine our boasting to the field God has assigned to us, a field that reaches even to you.

SO MUCH FOR THAT ONE

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 24 2013,08:19)

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 23 2013,19:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 23 2013,05:21)

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 22 2013,17:07)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 23 2013,04:58)

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 22 2013,02:28)
    I ask you this:
    Is Mike's 'mind', and Mike's 'word', and Mike's 'spirit' other separate beings – or is Mike “one”?

And I believe I answered it already with an analogy about going to the store.

Would anyone ever say, “2B went to the market, and his word went WITH him.” ?

Mike,

You already can do that sort of thing.  

Nonsense, Kerwin.  You have never said those words in your life, and no one has ever said them to you.  If someone did start talking like that, they'd have him locked up in an insane asylum.

Mike,

I quoted the lyrics of a ringtone that did that sort of thing and in your life I am sure you have heard its like.  It is not common but it is said and is understood by all those that hear.

I didn't see any lyrics that supported your nonsense, Kerwin.  If they are there, post the ones that apply to this discussion………. IF you think they prove your point, and IF you believe they give you a reason to ever in your life say, “2B went to the market, and his word went WITH him.”

If those silly lyrics DON'T actually support your claim that saying 2B's word went with him to the market is a logical and normal thing for a person to say, then don't waste anymore of my time with this nonsense.

Come on, Man!

Mike,

I linked to the lyrics but it is become vain to to argue with someone whose chooses not to believe something that they have no problem believing in other contexts.  

When you already know something something and yet you deny that knowledge then how is another going to give you what you already have?

The lyrics is various Kitchen Utensils and surprise of all surprises all people but you seem to understand it.  Your blanket denial of that method of communication makes you look foolish though it stalls a conversation.  If you don't believe Scripture uses that method of communications then state that and give you reasons why you do not believe it does instead of denying what is.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

1 John 1:5
    This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

Would you have us believe that God not only dwelt in utter darkness, but was Himself utter darkness before He created light in Himself?

If God is light, and God has always existed, then at least that light has always existed.

Kerwin, there are different kinds of “light”, right?

Light symbolized that which is God.    In this case John is using it to symbolize the sum of the law, which is love.  Darkness is sin.    That is made clear later in the chapter and in the beginning of the next chapter.  Love has always been and was never created.  

On the other hand the electromagnetic spectrum, a small part of which we call light, was made in the beginning but before the first night was over.  God then separated the time that was dominated by light from that which was dominated by darkness to make the first day after the first night.  

There are other kinds of light on the electromagnetic spectrum but it is essentially one creation with many frequencies; a small range of which we label visual light.

Also, Genesis 1 doesn't actually say God CREATED light at that time, does it?  God said, “Let there BE light”, which for all we know, could mean that God allowed light to shine ON the earth for the first time.

No, it could not as the lights of earth were not created until the fourth day.  Earth did not even have stars in the sky, which are other suns, nebulas, and celestial objects, until the fourth night and day.  The darkness of earth was not divided into night and day until the forth night and day.

No, in that there was no night and day before the first night and day.  Since the night and day could not be Earth’s and it is doubtful it was anywhere else in our dimension, it is most likely the night and day of heaven.

Anyway, I can't say it any better than I've already said it.  The earth already existed when God said “Let there be light”.  It's right there in the scripture.

The earth was created at the same time as the heavens though the heavens have preeminence.   The earth is declared to be empty and without form.  It would not begin to take on form and fill up until the beginning of the fifth night and day according to the definition demonstrated by Jeremiah in chapter 4 of his writings.  Light came to be before the first night was over.

And the angels shouted for joy when God made the earth.  That's also in the scriptures.

It does not say that.  What it says is that the angels celebrated when the cornerstone of earth was placed.  Cornerstone usually means the last stone of a building from the context of Job 38:7 believe it is instead speaking of the capstone of the foundations.    The foundations of earth would have been finished on the forth night and day but that does not seem to go with the idea that applicable parts of Job 38 gives if taken in chronological order.

You have shown me no VALID reason to doubt either of these things.  You have shown me only your own confusion.

Your ideas seem to be completely made up as they are not written in Scripture, nor have you shown any evidence to support that they are implied or even inferred by Scripture.

I do lack knowledge and so seek it.   If you want to call that confusion then feel free to do so as I might agree.  I do know some things and among them is that both earth and haven were created at the same time and it was before the first morning of creation, as the light had not been separated from the darkness.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 25 2013,23:53)

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 25 2013,23:13)

K

T,

k

see what Paul says as nothing to do with him being not in stature wen in person ;BUT HE SAYS WHATEVER I WRITE IN MY LETTERS I WILL BE BE DOING IN DEEDS WHEN HE WILL BE PRESENT WITH THEM

2Co 10:10 For some say, “His letters are weighty and forceful, but in person he is unimpressive and his speaking amounts to nothing.”
    2Co 10:11 Such people should realize that what we are in our letters when we are absent, we will be in our actions when we are present.
    2Co 10:12 We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.
    2Co 10:13 We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will confine our boasting to the field God has assigned to us, a field that reaches even to you.

SO MUCH FOR THAT ONE

T,

Look at what you just quoted.

in person he is unimpressive and his speaking amounts to nothing.

You just misunderstood the version of English use on the AKJV.

The AKJV says the same thing but it is harder to understand.

his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 26 2013,02:12)
    Marty………..You are right, being called by a title the Word of God in Rev. because Jesus speaks God Word to us and the world, not his own words , in no way makes Jesus himself a God or  Gods Word.  You have it right brother. Mike even thinks Jesus' flesh “IS” the word of God. Not even understanding that God the FATHER was “TRULY “IN” the flesh man Jesus speaking “through” him. This idea of Jesus FLESH being a “WORD” is really bizarre to me, because i have never seeing a “FLESH WORD”, nor do i known anyone else who has either.  The whole thing behind Mikes renditions is to make Jesus a GOD, and because he is not will to admit Jesus is No God now or ever was either, he stubbornly holds on to this false teaching.  IMO

If God has created a man just to speak his Word;
    ** many contradictions will show in scripture**.

1. *No man* has been to heaven but he that came down
    from heaven.

2. Father; glorify thou me as the glory we had ,**before the world was**.

3.This is that bread that came **down from heaven**.

4.*My flesh* is meat indeed,and *my blood* is drink indeed.

5.I am the living bread that **came down from heaven**.

6. Except ye eat **the flesh of the Son of man** *and drink his blood** you have no life in you.

7.Isaiah 9:6 For unto us *a child is born*, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,
    ***The mighty God,***
    ***The everlasting Father***,
    *** The Prince of Peace***.

Will You be at peace holding on to a doctrine full of
    contradictions? Will you be at rest? And relax?
    Will you stop seeking? Will you say; I am filled?

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

W

from heaven.

any scripture ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 26 2013,11:34)
    W

from heaven.

any scripture ???

Terra.

Since you dont know your scriptures well enough,
    I will give you some help.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 26 2013,18:05)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 26 2013,11:34)
    W

from heaven.

any scripture ???

Terra.

Since you dont know your scriptures well enough,
    I will give you some help.

John 3:13   And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

wakeup.

W

Jn 3:11 I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
    Jn 3:12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
    Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

YOU MOST HAVE YOUR OWN BIBLE AND INTERPRETATION ,BECAUSE MY SCRIPTURES DO NOT MATCH YOURS ,I UNDERSTAND WHY I COULD NOT FIND WHAT WAS NOT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE ;

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 26 2013,02:12)
    Marty………..You are right, being called by a title the Word of God in Rev. because Jesus speaks God Word to us and the world, not his own words , in no way makes Jesus himself a God or  Gods Word.  You have it right brother. Mike even thinks Jesus' flesh “IS” the word of God. Not even understanding that God the FATHER was “TRULY “IN” the flesh man Jesus speaking “through” him. This idea of Jesus FLESH being a “WORD” is really bizarre to me, because i have never seeing a “FLESH WORD”, nor do i known anyone else who has either.  The whole thing behind Mikes renditions is to make Jesus a GOD, and because he is not will to admit Jesus is No God now or ever was either, he stubbornly holds on to this false teaching.  IMO

Hi Gene:

Of course, He makes it clear in John 6 that is the Words that are being spoken to humanity by God through him is what gives us eternal life, and it is what is being done in his body through him by God, his obedience to God's Word without sin unto death that is the propitiation for the sins of the world, the sacrifice of his life, his shed blood.

What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

so it is not the WORDS OF THE MAN BUT THE ACTIONS OF THE MAN THAT SAVES BY BELIEVING IN IT ,RIGHT ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 27 2013,03:13)
    so it is not the WORDS OF THE MAN BUT THE ACTIONS OF THE MAN THAT SAVES BY BELIEVING IN IT ,RIGHT ???

The *Words* of the Man is the Man.

The *Word* made flesh.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wakeup…….You showed scripture that said, “No man has been to heaven but he that came down from heaven” right?. So according to that scripture Jesus was a “MAN” existing in Heaven “before” he came down from Heaven right? that is interesting because i thought you believe no flesh and blood person could inter into the Kingdom of God which is “IN” heaven.

peace and love……………………………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 14,461 through 14,480 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account