JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,121 through 14,140 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 23 2013,20:52)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 23 2013,21:27)
    useless answer

If you want to know you have to ask me.

wakeup.

who are you that i should ask YOU ???

if i need to know I ask my God ;and through his written word he will answer me ;and it will be the truth ,

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
    Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
    Col 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.
    Col 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
    Col 1:23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

it seems you do not understand what Paul is saying ??

Pr 8:22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
    before his deeds of old;
    Pr 8:23 I was appointed from eternity,
    from the beginning, before the world began.
    Pr 8:24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth,
    when there were no springs abounding with water;
    Pr 8:25 before the mountains were settled in place,
    before the hills, I was given birth,
    Pr 8:26 before he made the earth or its fields
    or any of the dust of the world.
    Pr 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
    when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
    Pr 8:28 when he established the clouds above
    and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
    Pr 8:29 when he gave the sea its boundary
    so the waters would not overstep his command,
    and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
    Pr 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side.
    I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
    Pr 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world
    and delighting in mankind.

those verses will help you to understand why John the Baptist says;

Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

Jn 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
    Jn 1:30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’
    Jn 1:31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”

but are you going to understand those scriptures ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 24 2013,02:09)

useless answer

wakeup.

if i need to know I ask my God ;and through his written word he will answer me ;and it will be the truth ,

Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
    Col 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.
    Col 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
    Col 1:23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

before his deeds of old;

Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

Jn 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
    Jn 1:30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’
    Jn 1:31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”

You have not shown to me anything new,
    For I have confirmed that in the past.

***The word of God***

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 23 2013,21:40)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 24 2013,02:09)

useless answer

wakeup.

before his deeds of old;

You have not shown to me anything new,
    For I have confirmed that in the past.

***The word of God***

wakeup.

GOOD STICK TO WHAT IS TRUE

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 23 2013,14:49)
    Kerwin.

Still waiting for your evidence,
    of angels of different flesh.

Wakeup.

Wakeup,

According to Jesus spirits can neither be touched or eat while angels do both. For you to be correct either Jesus is wrong or the accounts about angels being touching or eating are. Neither of them are wrong.

Angels do not transform to human beings and they are already there and you will see them if God chooses to open your eyes to see them. He has even chosen to allow one creature see them while the second's eyes remain closed to their presence, Balaam and his donkey.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 23 2013,16:45)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 23 2013,08:50)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 23 2013,08:05)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 23 2013,06:02)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 22 2013,21:29)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 22 2013,14:52)
    Wakeup,

You told Carmel that there is no spiritual flesh in Scripture and yet Scripture speaks of a natural body and a spiritual body.  That is to say a natural flesh and a spiritual flesh.  Don't you believe all flesh is not the same and that:

That some man will say, How was Jesus raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: and that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that flesh that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: but God giveth it a flesh as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own flesh.

All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

There is no spirit body in Scripture, it is a teaching of men.

k

You told Carmel that there is no spiritual flesh in Scripture and yet Scripture speaks of a natural body and a spiritual body.  That is to say a natural flesh and a spiritual flesh.

that is stretching the scriptures to the extreme ,it does not say that or mean that at all

T,

I am not the one that changes the meaning of body to mean a non-flesh body when in reference to a living creature.  I am the one that goes by Scripture and believes Jesus' natural body was buried and rose a Spiritual body, the pioneer of the resurrection.

well were do you pick up SPIRITUAL FLESH ???

NEWS TO ME

T,

None of Paul's examples are spirit bodies while his very first example is flesh bodies and he makes the statement “all flesh is not the same”.  In the examples the body of a living creature is a flesh body.  Since the Spiritual body is the body of a living creature then by Paul's words in his examples it is a flesh body. It is spirit body that is not in Scripture.

It is spirit body that is not in Scripture.

1Co 15:44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
    If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

so you don't mind lying in plain day light ???

T,

That is a Spiritual body not a spirit body.

An example of the use of Spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14
    King James Version (KJV)

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

As you see Spiritually about the Spirit.

carmel
    Participant

Wakeup,Sep. wrote:

[/quote]

We will be like christ; exactly.

Wakeup,

DEFINITELY!

BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE THAT CHRIST IS THE UNIQUE BEING WHO OWN A UNIQUE GLORIFIED BODY BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH

THEREFORE THE ONLY TRUE GOD(SPIRIT) AND JESUS CHRIST( FLESH)

There is the **terrestrial** and the **celestial** body.

EXACTLY:

NOW JESUS IS THE ONLY BEING WHO POSSESS BOTH!

THE REASON THAT HE IS IN COMMAND OVERALL THE ENTIRE CREATION SO HE IS IN COMMAND OVER ALL MATTERS, AND SPIRITS!

THEREFORE THE ONLY TRUE GOD(SPIRIT) AND JESUS CHRIST( FLESH)

Quickening spirit; meaning a spirit is quick/fast.

NOW READ STRONG'S

2227. zóopoieó
    zóopoieó: to make alive
    Original Word: ζῳοποιέω
    Part of Speech: Verb
    Transliteration: zóopoieó
    Phonetic Spelling: (dzo-op-oy-eh'-o)

Short Definition: I make to live

Definition: I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

SATISFIED!

SO JESUS MADE WHAT WAS DEAD THE FLESH ALIVE !

You have no evidence that angels are of different kinds of flesh; This doctrine is someting that came out of the pit.

THE ANGELS HAVE NO FLESH AND BONES BODY LIKE JESUS!

JESUS IS UNIQUE!

BUT ON THE LAST DAY, ALL INTELLECTUAL BEINGS, INCLUDING ANGELS WOULD EVENTUALLY OWN ALSO A BODY LIKE THAT OF JESUS, BOTH SPIRIT AND MATTER ALTHOUGH THE MATTER WOULD BE DIFFERENT!

FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT THEY MUST EXPERIENCE THE MATTER PROCESS, IN ORDER TO JUSTIFY THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS!

ALL ANGELS IN THE BEGINNING WERE CREATED GOOD AND PERFECT, BUT PREDESTINED BY GOD TO REMAIN GOOD ONLY TWO THIRDS, AND ONE THIRD WOULD BECOME EVIL!

SO THEY DIDN'T HAVE A FREE WILL!

SO PURPOSELY IN ORDER FOR ALL INTELLECTUAL BEINGS TO BE EQUALLY SUBJECT TO THEIR FREE WILL, GOD ESTABLISHED THE PROCESS OF THE HUMAN BEINGS THROUGH THE EVIL ANGELS AND, GOD HIMSELF, THROUGH JESUS, AS THE WORD THE TRIUNE MEDIATOR CREATOR GOD, BECAME HUMAN AND REDEEMED ALL HUMANS, OR RATHER ALL THE ENTIRE ANGELS IN THE FORM OF CARNAL BEINGS, SINCE ALL HAVE SINNED!

SINCE EVEN JESUS THE SON OF GOD WAS TESTED FOR HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS!

JOHN THE BAPTIST HIMSELF CONFIRMED THAT HE WAS SENT BY GOD,AND JESUS ALSO BY HIS STATEMENT MADE US AWARE THAT HE WAS MICHAEL!

ALL THE ANGELS MUST PROVE THEMSELVES THAT THEY ARE RIGHTEOUS, AND GOOD! SINCE THEY WERE PREDESTINED BY GOD TO REMAIN GOOD, THEREFORE NOT ACCORDING TO THEIR FREE WILL!  

He materialised himself to show/proof to his brethren that he *IS* truly Jesus crucified. For they can not feel nor see a spirit body.

You said it yourself; he can
    manifest himself into anything he likes.God can even make the stones glorify him.

HE MATERIALIZED HIMSELF BECAUSE HE OWNED HIS  FLESH BODY, HE ENTERED THROUGH WALLS BECAUSE HE ALSO OWNED THE SPIRITUAL BODY!
    AND THAT'S WHY  HE CAN MANIFEST HIMSELF IN WHATEVER HE LIKES!

GOD ONLY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, THE WORD GLORIFIED AND MANIFESTED HIMSELF IN ANY THING HE LIKED ON EARTH!

John 17:4I have glorified thee on the earth; I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

WHICH WAS THE CREATION OF OUR WORLD,THE REDEMPTION,AND ESTABLISHMENT OF HIS CHURCH, THE BRIDE! ALL SOULS!

GOD IS THE PUREST SPIRIT AND NOTHING COULD BE HIS ABODE, EXCEPT THE WORD JESUS CHRIST.

THE WORD WAS GOD'S ABODE FIRST TO CREATE ALL CREATION HIDDEN IN HIM,THEN WHEN THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH! AND BECAME MAN! AND UNIFIED BOTH SUBSTANCES INTO ONE!

Jesus did not raise himself from the dead,but his *REDEEMER* did. If he did raise himself: that would be telling us that he did not really die.

John 2:19 Jesus answered, and said to them: Destroy this temple, and in three days I WILL RAISE IT.

CONVINCED? SCRIPTURE IS CLEAR IT SAYS I WILL RAISE IT UP! AND THAT IS A REFERENCE TO HIS FLESH BODY!

YES JESUS DIED BUT HIS KIND OF DEATH!

NOT LIKE OURS!

THE MOMENT WE DIE CORROSION START!

JESUS NEVER CORRODED!

THE MOMENT WE DIE, WE END!

BUT JESUS CONTINUED THE  SPIRITUAL PROCESS OF HIS FLESH BODY, WHICH HE STARTED WHILE HE WAS ALIVE THROUGH HIS PERFECT LIVING!

John 12:24 Amen, amen I say to you, unless the grain of wheat falling into the ground die, 25Itself remaineth alone. But if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

FROM THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE WE ARE AWARE THAT JESUS DIED, BUT IN REALITY HE WAS ACTIVE, LIKE THE SEED WITHIN A SPIRITUAL PROCESS WHICH HE HIMSELF ACCOMPLISHED! SINCE HE HAD LIFE IN HIMSELF!

IN REALITY THE SEED NEVER DIES WHEN IT IS BURIED IN THE SOIL, BUT MORE ALIVE SINCE IT GROWS AND GIVES FRUIT!

HEBREWS 1:11 THEY SHALL PERISH,

BUT YOU SHALL CONTINUE:

SO CLEAR ENOUGH: WE ALL PERISH, BUT JESUS NEVER PERISHED, ACTUALLY DIED AS WE ALL DO, BUT CONTINUED ………….

12And as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:

BUT YOU ARE THE SELFSAME,………….

AGAIN WE ALL BE CHANGED BUT JESUS REMAINED THE SAME THEREFORE NEVER DIED LIKE WE ALL DO!

reflect on the process of the caterpillar into butterfly!

DOES THE CATERPILLAR DIES, OR IN REALITY HE CONTINUES HIS PROCESS WHICH HE STARTED WHILE HE WAS A CATERPILLAR, AND THEN EVOLVE INTO A BUTTERFLY!

BUT WE COULD ALSO CONCLUDE THAT THE CATERPILLAR DIES IN A WAY, SINCE HE IS NO MORE AS A CATERPILLAR!

SO IN THE SAME WAY JESUS DIED, BUT IN REALITY HE WAS IN HIS OWN PROCESS TO GLORIFY IN A SPIRITUAL FLESH BODY!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 22 2013,18:47)
    Mike,

Jesus proposed two tests to demonstrate he was not a spirit.  The first was touching and the second was eating.

Like I said before, Kerwin, these things you've concocted in your own mind don't deserve any more of my time.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 22 2013,18:32)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 23 2013,02:04)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 22 2013,00:41)
    In English Jesus took on the form of a servant and God made him in the form of a human.

In English, Jesus first EMPTIED HIMSELF…………. and then was made in the form of a human.

One cannot EMPTY HIMSELF before he exists.  Therefore, Jesus existed BEFORE he was made in the form of a human.

Mike,

For that to be clear there would need to be a then in the statement.  As it is “made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men” all appear to have happened at approximately the same time.  Nothing indicating time is mentioned………….

Oh yes it is, Kerwin!

1. Existing in the form of God. Didn't consider equality with God something to be grasped……….

2. BUT…… emptied himself, took on the form of a servant, was made in the likeness of a human being.

Do you see the word “BUT”? That means he was existing and considering things (part 1) BEFORE he emptied himself and was made as a man.

People who don't exist can't be said to be “existing”. Nor can one who doesn't yet exist “consider” anything.

So now you know that time IS indicated. What do you say?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 23 2013,02:49)
    Have you considered that you are used to the words of Trinitarians and those who have not yet won completely free of the influence of that erroneous teaching?

Let me walk you through this once more, Kerwin.

1.  The word “logos” is personified in John 1:1.  

That same word “logos” is personified by the same author in Revelation 19:13.  In the latter, the “logos” is personified as Jesus Christ.

2.  The personified “logos” of John 1 was with God in the beginning, then was made flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son.

According to Phil 2 and other scriptures, Jesus Christ was existing with God in the beginning, then was made flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son.

3.  The personified “logos” of John 1 is closely associated with “light”.

Jesus Christ is the “light” that came into the world.

4.  The personified “logos” of John 1 was testified about by John the Baptist.

Jesus Christ is the sole person John the Baptist was sent to testify about.

5.  All things were made through the personified “logos” of John 1.

All things were made through Jesus – according to at least three other scriptures.

There are five quick comparisons, Kerwin.  I've drawn you a map.  It will be up to you whether or not you choose to navigate accordingly.

I suggest you do, because right now you've been reduced to saying that people who believe the Word is Jesus have been manipulated by Trinitarians.  And when you sink so low that you can no longer refute the points, but have to resort to ad hominems instead, you have already lost the battle.

I am no Trinitarian, Kerwin.  But all the things I listed above are completely scriptural……… because I learned all of them from the scriptures.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 23 2013,12:45)
    According to Jesus spirits can neither be touched or eat……….

Jesus says neither of those things in any scripture.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 23 2013,12:58)
    T,

Kerwin,

Do you accept the fact that “belonging to a spirit” is one of the definitions of “spiritual”?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 24 2013,06:38)

Mike,

Then you have not yet come to the point where you understand in proposing those two tests to prove he was not a spirit he revealed that spirits can neither be touched or eat.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 24 2013,06:39)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 23 2013,12:58)
    T,

Kerwin,

Do you accept the fact that “belonging to a spirit” is one of the definitions of “spiritual”?

Mike,

Yes, it is as belonging to spirit and belonging to the Spirit are basically the same definition.

In scripture when the context is natural verses spirit the application definition is Spirit. I know of no exception even when taking in account synonyms of natural.

Paul did not use an example of a spirit body.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 24 2013,08:02)

Mike,

Then you have not yet come to the point where you understand in proposing those two tests to prove he was not a spirit he revealed that spirits can neither be touched or eat.

k

so what would you say the word SPIRIT stands for ???

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 23 2013,02:49)
    Have you considered that you are used to the words of Trinitarians and those who have not yet won completely free of the influence of that erroneous teaching?

These words are neither an insult or a direct accusation. At the most it is accusing you of basing your teaching on the false knowledge of a preexistence Christ that originates in Trinitarian teachings.

I did not say or infer you were a Trinitarian. Instead you are one who has not yet won completely free of their teachings. That is a statement of opinion and therefore not libel.

You have been taught to look at Scripture in general, and John 1 in particular, in a certain way. You have learned to look at some in a new way but you are still influenced by what you were taught.

I basically told you to watch yourself.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 24 2013,08:32)

Mike,

k

so what would you say the word SPIRIT  stands for ???

T,

I am not sure what you are saying but I will guess and say the evidence supports the idea Jesus was speaking of immaterial beings.

Test you teachings about angels.

Since angels are ministering spirits cannot mean they are creatures composed of spirit as it would cause Scripture to be broken.

Another definition of spirit that fits the context is required.  In English “the inner quality or nature of a person” would fit the requirement.  

I saw no other English definition that both seemed significantly different and that can apply.  Perhaps you do.

Note:
    Spirit at Merriam-Webster's online dictionary.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 24 2013,10:00)

Mike,

k

T,

I am not sure what you are saying but I will guess and say the evidence supports the idea Jesus was speaking of immaterial beings.

Since angels are ministering spirits cannot mean they are creatures composed of spirit as it would cause Scripture to be broken.

Another definition of spirit that fits the context is required.  In English “the inner quality or nature of a person” would fit the requirement.  

I saw no other English definition that both seemed significantly different and that can apply.  Perhaps you do.

Note:

K

ok,so what you think PAUL MEANT WHEN HE SAYS “SPIRITUAL BODY” ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 24 2013,10:27)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 24 2013,10:00)

Mike,

k

T,

Note:

K

ok,so what you think  PAUL MEANT WHEN HE SAYS “SPIRITUAL BODY” ???

T,

He means Spiritual body where Spiritual is relating to the Spirit of God.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 24 2013,05:45)

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 23 2013,14:49)
    Kerwin.

Still waiting for your evidence,
    of angels of different flesh.

Wakeup.

Wakeup,

According to Jesus spirits can neither be touched or eat while angels do both.  For you to be correct either Jesus is wrong or the accounts about angels being touching or eating are. Neither of them are wrong.

Angels do not transform to human beings and they are already there and you will see them if God chooses to open your eyes to see them.  He has even chosen to allow one creature see them while the second's eyes remain closed to their presence, Balaam and his donkey.

Kerwin.

That's where the word *translate* comes in.
    Why is it not imposible for you to accept that the Word
    is made flesh?

Do you really think that Jesus will have his nail marks
    and his spear mark,and the stripes on his back for ever and ever? Plus his nose was also broken.

The two prophets were translated into some other dimension.
    And in in the last days they will be translated back
    into their flesh body.Moses and Elijah.rev11.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 23 2013,20:02)

Mike,

Like I said, Jesus says neither of those things in any scripture. What he DID say was that spirits don't have FLESH.

So not only are you forcing your own imaginations to come out of Jesus' mouth, but in the process you are totally IGNORING the things that actually DID come out of his mouth. ???

Viewing 20 posts - 14,121 through 14,140 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account