JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,821 through 13,840 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 05 2013,14:56)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 03 2013,06:35)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 03 2013,00:06)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 30 2013,02:14)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 29 2013,21:50)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 29 2013,14:22)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 29 2013,12:17)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 29 2013,01:45)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 27 2013,21:56)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 24 2013,03:04)
    Jammin…………..Was John so stupid , that if he wanted us to believe the WORD was JESUS , he couldn't just have written Jesus' name there? Why do you have to force the text to say what in fact it does not say, do you people know more then The Apostle John did, so you can freely just change the text to meet your dogmas. that is one of the reasons there is so much confusion in religion, people say all kind of things the scriptures are not saying. That is why we have so many different bible translations, Trinitarians and Preexistence preachers make their own translations of scripture to fit their false teachings. IMO

Peace and love…………………………gene

it is written in rev 19.13

Revelation 19:13

American Standard Version (ASV)

13 And he is arrayed in a garment sprinkled with blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

john knows that the Word in john 1.1 is Christ. rev 19.13 supports jn 1.1.

jammin …….. Again you avoid the question , here it is again for you , point one, was John so stupid that if he wanted us to believe he was referring to Jesus he would not have written Jesus' name there instead of the word,  word? Point two, there is much debate concerning who wrote the Gospel of John, many scholars believe it was not John who even wrote the epistle of John, as I recall. Point three, why do you people have to change meanings of the written words used in the text to even meet your false dogmas anyway. Point four show us ONE SCRIPTURE ! where Jesus ever said He was a GOD of any kind . In fact Jesus said He had a GOD, Telling us he was going to his God and OUR GOD His FatherAnd OUR FATHER.

It's ONLY false teachers who twist the truth of GOD, and force texts to say what in fact they do not say,  who TRY SO DESPERATELY to make, our BROTHER JESUS different then WE ARE. These false teacher deny the work of God “IN” Jesus Christ our LORD and MORE our BROTHER, in the house hold of GOD. Do you not think people who Even Preach Their Doctrines  of   SEPARATION   of Jesus' identity with us, are not under a curse? , THEY ARE, IMO

Peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

you want me to show you a verse that jesus said he is God?
    why do i need to give you verse like that if the apostles teach that Jesus is God (not the father but the son).

the apostles teach us that the son is like his father. the son is also God by nature.
    he haS the form of God.
    he was God said by john in john 1.1
    thomas said my Lord and my God. john 20.28

now give me verse that jesus said I AM NOT GOD

Jammin……..So Jesus was lying when he prayed and said,  For Thou (someone other then the person speaking) art the “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD.
    Jesus said “ONLY”  that means there is NO OTHER “TRUE” God.

No why don't you find a different translation that changes those word of Jesus, or maybe like you like Mike believe Those words Like Gods own Words saying he look for other Gods and found none is not meant to be taken emphatically.  Seems God the father and Jesus don't understand you people believe in all kinds of “OTHER GOD'S” .

Maybe God the Father and Jesus, and the apostle Paul Just didn't know thar you people can see other Gods they can't see or for that matter never saw before. Well you can correct them when you meet then.

BUT AS FOR ME I WILL JUST BELIEVE WHAT JESUS AND GOD THE FATHER HAVE SAID concerning OTHER GODS. You can believe in all the Gods you guys want to believe are true Gods.

Peace and love…………………….gene

jesus is not lying. there is only one TRUE GOD THE FATHER>

i have no two God the father.
    i know only one.

the problem with you is you dont understand what jesus told in john 17.1-3

you should know how to read your bible well.
    why dont you study first before you talk??? does it make sense?

i give you verse and im not explaining without basis. do you understand what i mean?

believe it or not, john knows that the Word in john 1.1 is Christ himself.

do more research boy

Hi Jammin:

So, you believe that Jesus is the creator?

Then, please explain what God means by the following statement:

Isa 44:24 ¶ Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

God said that He stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; and that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

if you study the context of that book, it refers to the idols.

verse 20 cev
    20 How can anyone be stupid enough to trust something that can be burned to ashes?[g] No one can save themselves like that. Don’t they realize that the idols they hold in their hands are not really gods?

of course, idols cant do what God can do.
    do you know what i mean?

now we should know who is that GOD that talked to israel?
    is that the father or the son?

no one knows the father but the son.
    therefore, israel before do not know the father. wh
    en the son became human, he revealed us the father.

Luke 10:22

Expanded Bible (EXB)

22 “My Father has ·given [entrusted/committed to] me all things. No one knows who the Son is, except the Father. And no one knows who the Father is, except the Son and those whom the Son ·chooses [desires; intends] to ·tell [L reveal it to].”

john told that all things were created by Christ.
    john 1.3

paul said the son of God created all things.

Colossians 1:16

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

16 Everything was created by him,
    everything in heaven
       and on earth,
    everything seen and unseen,
    including all forces
       and powers,
    and all rulers
       and authorities.
    All things were created
       by God’s Son,

and everything was made
       for him.

Colossians 1:16

Living Bible (TLB)

16 Christ himself is the Creator who made everything in heaven and earth, the things we can see and the things we can’t; the spirit world with its kings and kingdoms, its rulers and authorities; all were made by Christ for his own use and glory.

Hi Jammin:

If you look at the last verse, which states “all things were created for him”, you will understand that it is “God” that created all things for him, otherwise it would read, “all things were created for himself”.

You are misunderstanding the scriptures.  Jesus is not the creator.  He is God's heir, and we are joint heirs with him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

you are wrong.

cant you see this?

Living Bible (TLB)

16 Christ himself is the Creator who made everything in heaven and earth, the things we can see and the things we can’t; the spirit world with its kings and kingdoms, its rulers and authorities; all were made by Christ for his own use and glory.

and this?? ?
    Hebrews 1:10

Expanded Bible (EXB)
    10 God also says,

“Lord, in the beginning you ·made [L laid the foundations of] the earth,
       and your hands made the ·skies [heavens].

you study more

Hi Jammin:

Why would God be telling Jesus that “in the beginning he laid the foundation of the earth”. If this was so, he would already know this.

This is what it means. This is one of the definitions that Strong's concordance gives for the word “by” in Colossians 1.

II.
    through
    A.
    the ground or reason by which something is or is not done
    i.
    by reason of

ii.
    on account of

iii.
    because of for this reason

iv.
    therefore

v.
    on this account

I already showed you scripture in which God said that He alone laid the foundation of the earth. Also, Genesis 1 and Job 38 shows that this is a fact.

Also, Jesus had a beginning. When did Jesus become the “Only Begotten Son of God”?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 02 2013,21:01)
    And so, when was Jesus begotten by God?

Well, we know from Jude 1:25 that he was Lord before the ages………….. so some time before “before the ages”.

We know from Micah 5:2 that his origins were from ancient times – even from Micah's time frame……….. so sometime before that.

We know from John 17:5 that he had glory alongside his God before the world even began…… so sometime before that.

We know from Col 1:16 that ALL things, whether in heaven or on earth, whether visible or invisible, were created through God's only begotten Son…………… so sometime before those things were all created.

We know from Psalm 2:7 that God spoke about the begetting of His firstborn many years before Jesus stepped one foot on earth………… so way before he was on earth.

Shall I go on?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 02 2013,23:20)
    Mike,

How do you reconcile your understanding that Jehovah framed the ages by his command and the by his word all things were created that are created?

All things were created by God's command THROUGH His spokesman the Word of God.

See how “command” and “Word of God” don't BOTH refer to a spoken word or thought from God?

You guys try to confuse the issue by assuming that if “Word” refers to a being one time, “word” must always refer to a being.

But you are only confusing yourselves.  I've told you over and over that “word” simply means “word” 99% of the time in scripture.  Only on rare occasions does “word” refer to the title of God's main spokesman.

It is easy to tell from the context when “word” refers to any old word, and when it refers to God's spokesman, Jesus Christ.  Surely you are able to figure out that it refers to God's spokesman Jesus Christ in Rev 19:13, right?

And I'm quite sure that you already know it also refers to God's spokesman Jesus Christ in John 1:1, 1:14, and 1 John 1:1-2.  You know it does, because nothing else fits the words……….. but you can't bring yourselves to ADMIT that it does, because it would crush your doctrine that says Jesus must have been exactly like us in order for us to feel more empowered to accomplish the things Jesus did. :)

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 06 2013,09:07)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 02 2013,21:01)
    And so, when was Jesus begotten by God?

Well, we know from Jude 1:25 that he was Lord before the ages………….. so some time before “before the ages”.

We know from Micah 5:2 that his origins were from ancient times – even from Micah's time frame……….. so sometime before that.

We know from John 17:5 that he had glory alongside his God before the world even began…… so sometime before that.

We know from Col 1:16 that ALL things, whether in heaven or on earth, whether visible or invisible, were created through God's only begotten Son…………… so sometime before those things were all created.

We know from Psalm 2:7 that God spoke about the begetting of His firstborn many years before Jesus stepped one foot on earth………… so way before he was on earth.

Shall I go on?

No, Mike you do not need to go on. It is clear that you do not understand the simplicity of the Word of God which tells you exactly when and how Jesus was begotten of God.

1 Pe 1:18

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

1Pe 1:19

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1Pe 1:20
    Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Gal 4:4

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

1:1

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

1Jo 1:2

(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Do you understand now?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

marty

1Pe 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
    1Pe 1:4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you,
    1Pe 1:5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
    1Pe 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
    1Pe 1:7 These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
    1Pe 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,
    1Pe 1:9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
    1Pe 1:10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care,
    1Pe 1:11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.
    1Pe 1:12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

1Pe 1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.
    1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.
    1Pe 1:15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;
    1Pe 1:16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
    1Pe 1:17 Since you call on a Father who judges each man’s work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.
    1Pe 1:18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers,
    1Pe 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
    1Pe 1:20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.
    1Pe 1:21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.
    1Pe 1:22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.

you mis use in interpretation the verses you have quoted from 1 Pet 1;20

context is clear;

Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
    Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
    Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
    Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

those scriptures you also twist ; but that's ok , after all it is your web you are building or have build ,right ,SCRIPTURES OR NOT ,

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 06 2013,10:08)
    marty

1Pe 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
    1Pe 1:4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you,
    1Pe 1:5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
    1Pe 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
    1Pe 1:7 These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
    1Pe 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,
    1Pe 1:9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
    1Pe 1:10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care,
    1Pe 1:11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.
    1Pe 1:12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

1Pe 1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.
    1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.
    1Pe 1:17 Since you call on a Father who judges each man’s work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.
    1Pe 1:18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers,
    1Pe 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
    1Pe 1:20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.
    1Pe 1:21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.
    1Pe 1:22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.

context is clear;

Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
    Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

those scriptures you also twist ; but that's ok , after all it is your web you are building or have build ,right ,SCRIPTURES OR NOT ,

Hi Pierre:

I did not interpret anything. I posted the scripture from the KJV which states that Jesus was “foreordained and was manifest in these last times”.

No, what you are doing is interpreting the scriptures that you quote to mean that Jesus existed as a sentient person with God in the beginning, and it does not specifically say that, it is your interpretation.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 06 2013,05:24)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 06 2013,10:08)
    marty

context is clear;

Hi Pierre:

I did not interpret anything.  I posted the scripture from the KJV which states that Jesus was “foreordained and was manifest in these last times”.  

No, what you are doing is interpreting the scriptures that you quote to mean that Jesus existed as a sentient person with God in the beginning, and it does not specifically say that, it is your interpretation.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

“foreordained and was manifest in these last times”.

there is nothing wrong with that scripture ;it is in fact true ;as soon that Adam sinned the next step was to bring back and save men ,

so at that point Christ “THE WORD OF GOD ” was the only one possibility to fulfil that job so the speak ;reason angel and combine involvement , CHRIST THE WORD OF GOD WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAD SERVED IN BOTH THEIR CREATION ;

IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO SAVE WHAT HE CANNOT TOUCH ,HE AD TO DO IT TROUGH HIS FIRST BORN ;THE WORD”

AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE DID ;

BUT CHRIST ,HIS THE WORD OF GOD ,THAT CAME DOWN TO SAVE CREATION ,SEND BY THE FATHER ;TO PAY THE PRICE OF OUR SINS ;

AND I DID NOT INTERPRET ANYTHING BY LEAVING THE SCRIPTURES SAYING WHAT THEY TRULY MEAN ,

RELIGIONS LIKE TO SELECTIVELY CHOSE THEIR WORDS AND COMPOSE THEIR OWN VERSION OF EVENT WITH IT ,

THIS IS NOT THE WAY OF GOD'S CHILDREN ,

Participant

Yes, people selectively choose to give their opinions which is what you have given me above, and so, I will post the following scripture which states:

Hbr 1:1

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets

Hbr 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds

And:

Jhn 12:45

And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

Jhn 12:46

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

Jhn 12:47

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Jhn 12:48

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Jhn 12:49

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak

Jhn 12:50

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 06 2013,07:52)
    Yes, people selectively choose to give their opinions which is what you have given me above, and so, I will post the following scripture which states:

Hbr 1:1

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets

Hbr 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds

And:

Jhn 12:45

And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

Jhn 12:46

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

Jhn 12:47

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Jhn 12:48

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Jhn 12:49

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak

Jhn 12:50

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

I have given you scriptures but you have deny them ,and now you present other verses that you still do not understand in their own reality

Your web of opinions in the scriptures hold you bond to them ,and so do not see the meaning of those words ,just the way Christ say them ,and also in other places ,

You doing the same thing that the Pharisees did with Christ ,why ???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty………He gave you scriptures true, but his understanding is based on a Preexistent Jesus understanding, and is therefore corrupted. You have it right brother, Jesus only existed in the Plan and will of God, from the foundations of the earth he was never a actual being before his berth on this earth, he was prophesied to come in the proper time. God know he would bring forth a Human Son, a Pure human being, who would live a perfect Life and do all his will and give his life for the redemption of the whole world. Jesus never existed before his berth on the earth, No scripture “SPECIFICALLY” say he did. They (trinitarians and Preexistence) simple force scriptures to say what they want them to say, by adding there own interpretations into the text, they are blind guides leading people down a false way. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………….gene

Participant

Pierre:

The word “Christ” means “the anointed one”. Where does the scriptures state that Christ is the Word of God. The Word of God is what has been spoken to us by the prophets, and in this last day by His Son who is “the Christ, the Son of the Living God. The scripture in revelation 19 states that “his name” is the Word of God. It does not say that “He is the Word of God”. There is Christ and then there is the doctrine of Christ, which is the Word of God that was spoken to humanity through him and that he obeyed without sin even unto death on the cross.

Here is the scripture to support what I just said.

2Jo 1:9

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

The scriptures state that the Word was with God in the beginning. The Greek for “the Word” in John 1 is “Logos” and it means “the sayings of God” and embodies an idea or plan. Look at an inter linear bible.

1:1 en
    en
    G1722
    Prep
    IN
    arch
    archE
    G746
    n_ Dat Sg f
    ORIGINal
    beginning
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3 Sg
    WAS
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    kai
    kai
    G2532
    Conj
    AND
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3

It states that the Word or Logos = sayings. Does it not?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 06 2013,22:34)
    Pierre:

The word “Christ” means “the anointed one”.  Where does the scriptures state that Christ is the Word of God.  The Word of God is what has been spoken to us by the prophets, and in this last day by His Son who is “the Christ, the Son of the Living God.  The scripture in revelation 19 states that “his name” is the Word of God.  It does not say that “He is the Word of God”.  There is Christ and then there is the doctrine of Christ, which is the Word of God that was spoken to humanity through him and that he obeyed without sin even unto death on the cross.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

The scriptures state that the Word was with God in the beginning.  The Greek for “the Word” in John 1 is “Logos” and it means “the sayings of God” and embodies an idea or plan.  Look at an inter linear bible.

en
    G1722
    Prep
    IN
    arch
    archE
    G746
    n_ Dat Sg f
    ORIGINal
    beginning
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3 Sg
    WAS
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    kai
    kai
    G2532
    Conj
    AND
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

to words = words ,could thoughts if in sentence or in group ,words can be sounds like expressions to form a need to communicate ,verbal or written ,THE WORDS HAVE NO POWER IF THEY ARE NOT “PRONOUNCED -UNDERSTOOD -GIVEN TO THE RIGHT END -AND IF NOT WRITTEN MAY NOT BOND ANYONE,”””

BUT A”WORD ” DOES NOT BECOME A HUMAN ,DOES NOT WALK,AND DOES NOT HAS LIFE IN IT ,IT CAN NOT BE TOUCHED,

IT CAN NOT SHARE UNLESS IT SELF IS NOT THAT “WORD” (A SOUND) GOD SUPPLY THE WORDS “THE WORD” SPOKESMAN (CHRIST HIS THE COURIER) HE SAYS SCRIPTURES CONVEY THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE WRITTEN WORDS OF HIS FATHER ; Lk 24:25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!
    Lk 24:26 Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?”

Lk 24:27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

The word “Christ” means “the anointed one”.

THIS WAS WHAT I UNDERSTOOD IN MY FIRST LECTURE OF THE BIBLE 52 YEARS AGO ,

WHAT AS THIS TO DO WITH “THE WORD OF GOD ” IN JOHN 1-1 —–14 —????

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 07 2013,04:10)

Pierre:

The word “Christ” means “the anointed one”.  Where does the scriptures state that Christ is the Word of God.  The Word of God is what has been spoken to us by the prophets, and in this last day by His Son who is “the Christ, the Son of the Living God.  The scripture in revelation 19 states that “his name” is the Word of God.  It does not say that “He is the Word of God”.  There is Christ and then there is the doctrine of Christ, which is the Word of God that was spoken to humanity through him and that he obeyed without sin even unto death on the cross.

The scriptures state that the Word was with God in the beginning.  The Greek for “the Word” in John 1 is “Logos” and it means “the sayings of God” and embodies an idea or plan.  Look at an inter linear bible.

en
    G1722
    Prep
    IN
    arch
    archE
    G746
    n_ Dat Sg f
    ORIGINal
    beginning
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3 Sg
    WAS
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    kai
    kai
    G2532
    Conj
    AND
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

to words = words ,could thoughts if in sentence or in group ,words can be sounds like expressions to form a need to communicate ,verbal or written ,THE WORDS HAVE NO POWER IF THEY ARE NOT “PRONOUNCED -UNDERSTOOD -GIVEN TO THE RIGHT END -AND IF NOT WRITTEN MAY NOT BOND ANYONE,”””

BUT A”WORD ”  DOES NOT BECOME A HUMAN ,DOES NOT WALK,AND DOES NOT HAS LIFE IN IT ,IT CAN NOT BE TOUCHED,

IT CAN NOT SHARE UNLESS IT SELF IS NOT THAT “WORD” (A SOUND)  GOD SUPPLY THE WORDS “THE WORD” SPOKESMAN (CHRIST HIS THE COURIER) HE SAYS SCRIPTURES CONVEY  THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE WRITTEN WORDS OF HIS FATHER ; Lk 24:25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!
    Lk 24:26 Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?”

Lk 24:27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Hi Pierre:

Yes, I know this is pretty basic, and therefore it is something you should have learned 52 years ago, but you keep teaching something different than this. Why?

And so, Jesus God's Only Begotten Son, the Son who was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary, and who was born into this world as an infant, and who was anointed by God at the age of 30, and began his ministry to the world, is “the Christ”, the anointed one, through whom God spoke “His Word” to humanity?

What does the fact that Jesus is God's Christ, or “anointed one” do to with John 1, you ask?  Did God speak through him until he was anointed?  He is not “the Word”.  The Word is what God has spoken through him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 07 2013,02:05)
    Marty………He gave you scriptures true, but his understanding is based on a Preexistent Jesus understanding, and is therefore corrupted. You have it right brother, Jesus only existed in the Plan and will of God, from the foundations of the earth  he was never a actual being before his berth on this earth, he was prophesied to come in the proper time. God know he would bring forth a Human Son, a Pure human being, who would live a perfect Life and do all his will and give his life for the redemption of the whole world. Jesus never existed before his berth on the earth, No scripture “SPECIFICALLY” say he did. They (trinitarians and Preexistence) simple force scriptures to say what they want them to say, by adding there own interpretations into the text, they are blind guides leading people down a false way. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………….gene

Thanks Gene, All we can do is pray that God will give them understanding.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 07 2013,03:07)

Pierre:

en
    G1722
    Prep
    IN
    arch
    archE
    G746
    n_ Dat Sg f
    ORIGINal
    beginning
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3 Sg
    WAS
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    kai
    kai
    G2532
    Conj
    AND
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

BUT A”WORD ”  DOES NOT BECOME A HUMAN ,DOES NOT WALK,AND DOES NOT HAS LIFE IN IT ,IT CAN NOT BE TOUCHED,

IT CAN NOT SHARE UNLESS IT SELF IS NOT THAT “WORD” (A SOUND)  GOD SUPPLY THE WORDS “THE WORD” SPOKESMAN (CHRIST HIS THE COURIER) HE SAYS SCRIPTURES CONVEY  THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE WRITTEN WORDS OF HIS FATHER ; Lk 24:25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!

Hi Pierre:

Yes, I know this is pretty basic, and therefore it is something you should have learned 52 years ago, but you keep teaching something different than this. Why?

And so, Jesus God's Only Begotten Son, the Son who was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary, and who was born into this world as an infant, and who was anointed by God at the age of 30, and began his ministry to the world, is “the Christ”, the anointed one, through whom God spoke “His Word” to humanity?

What does the fact that Jesus is God's Christ, or “anointed one” do to with John 1, you ask?  Did God speak through him until he was anointed?  He is not “the Word”.  The Word is what God has spoken through him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

you are reversing what i told and show in scriptures but in your own web view ,

show me personal attacks does not solve anything ,so again I now believe that you have come to close YOUR WEB AND SO IT IS SEALED FROM THE INSIDE OUT ,

like I say it is your life to do as you please with it ,

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 07 2013,09:17)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 07 2013,03:07)

Pierre:

en
    G1722
    Prep
    IN
    arch
    archE
    G746
    n_ Dat Sg f
    ORIGINal
    beginning
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3 Sg
    WAS
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    kai
    kai
    G2532
    Conj
    AND
    o
    ho
    G3588
    t_ Nom Sg m
    THE
    logos
    logos
    G3056
    n_ Nom Sg m
    saying
    word
    hn
    En
    G2258
    vi Impf vxx 3

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

you are reversing what i told and show in scriptures but in your own web view ,

show me personal attacks does not solve anything ,so again I now believe that you have come to close YOUR WEB AND SO IT IS SEALED FROM THE INSIDE OUT ,

like I say it is your life to do as you please with it ,

Hi Pierre:

My life belongs to him who gave his life for me.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 06 2013,04:16)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 02 2013,23:20)
    Mike,

How do you reconcile your understanding that Jehovah framed the ages by his command and the by his word all things were created that are created?

All things were created by God's command THROUGH His spokesman the Word of God.

See how “command” and “Word of God” don't BOTH refer to a spoken word or thought from God?

You guys try to confuse the issue by assuming that if “Word” refers to a being one time, “word” must always refer to a being.

But you are only confusing yourselves.  I've told you over and over that “word” simply means “word” 99% of the time in scripture.  Only on rare occasions does “word” refer to the title of God's main spokesman.

It is easy to tell from the context when “word” refers to any old word, and when it refers to God's spokesman, Jesus Christ.  Surely you are able to figure out that it refers to God's spokesman Jesus Christ in Rev 19:13, right?

And I'm quite sure that you already know it also refers to God's spokesman Jesus Christ in John 1:1, 1:14, and 1 John 1:1-2.  You know it does, because nothing else fits the words……….. but you can't bring yourselves to ADMIT that it does, because it would crush your doctrine that says Jesus must have been exactly like us in order for us to feel more empowered to accomplish the things Jesus did.  :)

Mike,

What context, the “he” that was arbitrarily translated from the Greek pronoun by certain translators and is translated to “it” by other translators? A pronoun that can be understood as a personification of the male gendered word logos.

Or do you disagree that all things that are created were created by God's spoken word?

Maybe you disagree that there is life in the spoken word of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2013,16:47)
    Do you understand now?

I've understood for years, Marty. It is YOU who isn't understanding.

Why not try to refute those scripture I posted for you in my last post?

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

Hi Pierre:

My life belongs to him who gave his life for me.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

why do you not believe what Christ and the prophets have said ???

Lk 24:25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!

you already said that you have your own believes ,SO HOW CAN YOU YOU SAY THAT YOU BELONG TO HIM ??? DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEAN TO BELONG TO CHRIST ??? AND HIS FATHER ??? YOU LIE TO YOURSELF ,YOU RESIST THE VERY WORDS THAN CAN SAVE YOU ,

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING ,SCRIPTURES ARE SAYING PLAINLY ,BUT YOU DO NOT WANT IT AND THEN TURN AROUND AND THAT YOU BELONG TO THE ONE THAT AS SAID THOSE WORDS ,COMMON OPEN YOUR EYES ,YOU PLAINLY REJECTED HIS PREACHINGS FOR YOUR WEB OF IDEAS ,

YOU SUBMIT ALL THINGS TO YOUR OWN WAY OF THINKING ;INDEPENDENTLY OF CHRIST AND HIS FATHER ;SURE YOU USE SOME OF THE SCRIPTURES BUT ALWAYS INLINE WITH WHAT YOU SEE FIT IN YOUR WEB

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 07 2013,08:07)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty……God bless you brother, you have it right. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 13,821 through 13,840 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account