JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,341 through 13,360 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2013,01:53)
    edj

3) The life, which was in Christ appeared to them. (Emmanuel with us)

this could mean two things ;1)the live of Christ himself  or 2) the message that Christ gives so that anyone that believe it and act on it could be saved .

which one is it ???

Hi Pierre,

God's HolySpirit – that was in Christ gives life.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2013,01:46)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 17 2013,20:41)
    To all…….The words of God came through all the prophets also, And angels to,  not Just Jesus, God and his word are one and the same thing, they are spirit and life,  and those who spoke THE WORDS OF GOD , clearly said those words were not “THEIR” WORDS, but God the Fathers Words, but liars who try to make Jesus a God corrupt this, they are IDOLATERS,  who make other Gods, of any kind . They steal from the one and “ONLY TRUE GOD” and give credit to others, these are all false teachers, corruptors of the word of God.  IMO

Peace and love to all who understand this……………………..gene

gene

Peace and love to all who understand this……………………..gene

at the least you have now separate you from all others  :D

Terricca ……..At least from you and Mike the other makers of other TRUE GODS . Yes there is a line, between true teachers and false teachers, who teach other GODS, who are nothing more then IDOLATERS, there is a big difference Pierre. You have followed your blind guide and now you both are in a  ditch, IMO.

You need only now to be turned over to one of those Gods , you have created for the destruction of the flesh , that perhaps your spirit may be preserved in the day of judgement. Idolaters will “NOT” enter into the kingdom of God. All true believers have ONLY ONE GOD, AND IT IS NOT JESUS OR SATAN OR ANY OTHER So-called GODS.

All IDOLATERS WILL BE DELT WITH I ASSURE YOU OF THAT.

gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 17 2013,21:34)

edj

this could mean two things ;1)the live of Christ himself  or 2) the message that Christ gives so that anyone that believe it and act on it could be saved .

which one is it ???

Hi Pierre,

God bless

edj

Jn 3:10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?

UNDERSTANDING IS THE KEY WORD ,ABOVE

Jn 3:12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

SPOKEN (WORDS) ARE THE KEY ABOVE

Jn 3:15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
    Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

BELIEVING IN WHAT CHRIST WAS SAYING THAT IS ,IS THE KEY WORD, IN VERSE 15

BELIEVING IN CHRIST MESSAGE ,THIS PERSON(S)WILL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIVE,

I DO NOT SEE IN SCRIPTURES WHAT YOU ARE SAYING COULD YOU SHOW THAT SCRIPTURE(S) ???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2013,04:12)

Quote (Ed J @ July 17 2013,21:34)

edj

which one is it ???

Hi Pierre,

God bless

edj

Jn 3:10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?

UNDERSTANDING IS THE KEY WORD ,ABOVE

Jn 3:12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

SPOKEN (WORDS) ARE THE KEY ABOVE

Jn 3:15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
    Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

BELIEVING IN WHAT CHRIST WAS SAYING THAT IS ,IS THE KEY WORD, IN VERSE 15

BELIEVING IN CHRIST MESSAGE ,THIS  PERSON(S)WILL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIVE,

I DO NOT SEE IN SCRIPTURES WHAT YOU ARE SAYING COULD YOU SHOW THAT SCRIPTURE(S) ???

Terricca……..You preach believing in what Jesus said out of one side of your mouth, but out of the other you say there are other “true” Gods, Jesus said to the Father you are the “ONLY” TRUE GOD, that means all other are false Gods, but you believe in all kind of other Gods,
    God said there were no other Gods besides him and told us not to have any other Gods besides Him. Does the word hypocrisy mean any thing to you?

gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 17 2013,10:02)

Quote (kerwin @ July 16 2013,12:05)

Quote (terraricca @ July 16 2013,10:16)

Quote (kerwin @ July 16 2013,10:13)
    T,

Is Jesus just?
    Do the just live by faith?

kerwin

let see if you know this ? WHAT IS A JUST MEN ???

T,

A righteous man.

K

can an sinner become righteous ??? if yes what make him righteous ???

can an sinner become a just man ??? if so how ???scripture please

is there a difference between a JUST MAN AND A RIGHTEOUS MAN
    ??? IF SO WHAT ???

are all righteous the Christ ??? and are they also the only begotten son of God ???

are they also the first born of creation ,and is all creation created through them ???

are all righteous sinless ???

if so then we should also have faith in them right ??? but they never talked about them selves but about Christ and his father right ???

T,

I already states a just man is a righteous man.

A sinner who changes his ways and does all that is right is a just(righteous) man. God does not remember his sins.

A just man, even a ex sinner, lives by faith.

There is but one Christ, the man Jesus son of David.   The fact he is Christ and all that applies does not mean he is an exception that the just live by faith.

We have to believe Jesus is the Christ, but that is seen by his teachings, his miracles and his other works. That does not negate that the righteous live by faith.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 17 2013,03:18)

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2013,20:36)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 16 2013,05:28)

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2013,10:54)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 15 2013,05:36)

Quote (kerwin @ July 14 2013,13:41)
    Mike,

Demiurge is a personification.

Personification of WHAT exactly?

Mike,

Philo, a Jew, uses demiurge, archangel, and other titles usually associated with a person to speak of logos in his version of the Jewish Divine Word Doctrines.

What exactly is being personified as “archangel” and “a god”, and “other titles”?

Mike,

The logos.

Kerwin,

Yeah, but WHAT exactly IS the logos that is personified as an archangel, a god, and other titles?

Mike,

The divine Word of God by which he created light and all other things that were created.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 16 2013,18:09)
    Hi Mike,

1) They are “The Same”(John 1:2) – God's words are spirit.

So if I hold a Bible in my hand as I read it, I am really LITERALLY holding the Holy Spirit of God in my hand?  And since you believe God's Holy Spirit is God Himself, I'm really holding GOD ALMIGHTY in my hand when I read a Bible?

What if I destroyed that Bible?  Would it mean I kicked God's butt?

The other points in your post were even less worthy of a conscientious response from me.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 16 2013,18:10)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 17 2013,08:19)

Quote (Ed J @ July 15 2013,18:41)
    (Note: the Disciples also spoke by the HolySpirit)

Did they speak BY the Holy Spirit?  Or did they literally SPEAK the Holy Spirit?

Hi Mike,

The sword of the Spirit is “The Word” of God. (ref. Eph 6:17)

Great. Now could you answer the question I actually asked? Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 17 2013,01:53)
    Hi Pierre,

The rider on the white horse in Revelation 19:11 is “The Word” of God.
    THE SWORD of the Spirit comes out of the mouth – God's word.

Revelation 1:16 and 2:16 make it fairly clear that JESUS is the one who has a sword coming out of his mouth, Ed.

Align those two verses with Rev 19:15, and it should be EASY for anyone to see who the rider of the white horse is.

(He's also the one with eyes of blazing fire in Rev 1:14, 2:18, 19:12………… if that helps.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 17 2013,10:31)
    Yes there is a line, between true teachers and false teachers, who teach other GODS…………

I only preach what the scriptures say, Gene. Perhaps the scriptures are a “false teacher”? ???

Jehovah is the god OF gods, Gene. Name one of those gods that Jehovah is the god OF.

If you can't, then it shows that you don't know, and should really keep quiet until you do know.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 17 2013,11:46)
    God said there were no other Gods besides him and told us not to have any other Gods besides Him. Does the word hypocrisy mean any thing to you?

Jesus said ONLY God was good, but then called himself the “good shepherd”, and spoke parables about “good” human beings bringing “good” things out of the “goodness” of their hearts.

Was Jesus a hypocrite, Gene?  YES or NO?

And if “NO”, then how do you explain this conundrum?

Again, if you cannot explain it, it means you don't know.  And those who don't know should remain silent and listen to others…….. instead of speaking.

Gene, there is a good adage that applies to you:

It's better to remain silent and let others think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Did you find the words of my last two posts a little harsh, Gene?  Good!  Now you know how I feel about being called a “false teacher” and a person who “tries to separate Jesus from us”.  You talk too much stupid crap, and then RUN AWAY from the simple questions I ask – questions that would scripturally prove you wrong if you were ever man enough to answer them.  We get sick of it, Gene. We can only take so much before striking back.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike,

Mike,

Philo, a Jew, uses demiurge, archangel, and other titles usually associated with a person to speak of logos in his version of the Jewish Divine Word Doctrines.

What exactly is being personified as “archangel” and “a god”, and “other titles”?

Mike,

The logos.

Kerwin,

Yeah, but WHAT exactly IS the logos that is personified as an archangel, a god, and other titles?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 18 2013,00:09)

T,

Is Jesus just?

kerwin

T,

A righteous man.

K

??? IF SO WHAT ???

are all righteous the Christ ??? and are they also the only begotten son of God ???

are they also the first born of creation ,and is all creation created through them ???

if so then we should also have faith in them right ??? but they never talked about them selves but about Christ and his father right ???

T,

A sinner who changes his ways and does all that is right is a just(righteous) man. God does not remember his sins.

There is but one Christ, the man Jesus son of David.   The fact he is Christ and all that applies does not mean he is an exception that the just live by faith.

We have to believe Jesus is the Christ, but that is seen by his teachings, his miracles and his other works. That does not negate that the righteous live by faith.

k

just because you do not believe that he came from heaven as he said ,you can not come to the true understanding of what is neither a just or a righteous

you rather lower the Christ at your level than you recognize his superiority in birth,live ,teaching,dead,resurrection ,honor,glory,above being the only begotten son of God ,

you need more reading and faith

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2013,05:44)

T,

Is Jesus just?

kerwin

T,

A righteous man.

K

??? IF SO WHAT ???

T,

k

just because you do not believe that he came from heaven as he said ,you can not come to the true understanding of what is neither a just or a righteous

you rather lower the Christ at your level than you recognize his superiority in birth,live ,teaching,dead,resurrection ,honor,glory,above being the only begotten son of God ,

T,

Please answer my questions. Thank you!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 18 2013,05:30)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 17 2013,11:46)

Jesus said ONLY God was good, but then called himself the “good shepherd”, and spoke parables about “good” human beings bringing “good” things out of the “goodness” of their hearts.

Was Jesus a hypocrite, Gene?  YES or NO?

And if “NO”, then how do you explain this conundrum?

Again, if you cannot explain it, it means you don't know.  And those who don't know should remain silent and listen to others…….. instead of speaking.

Gene, there is a good adage that applies to you:

It's better to remain silent and let others think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Did you find the words of my last two posts a little harsh, Gene?  Good!  Now you know how I feel about being called a “false teacher” and a person who “tries to separate Jesus from us”.  You talk too much stupid crap, and then RUN AWAY from the simple questions I ask – questions that would scripturally prove you wrong if you were ever man enough to answer them.  We get sick of it, Gene.  We can only take so much before striking back.

this goes for me as well Mike

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 18 2013,00:20)

Mike,

Mike,

Mike,

The logos.

Kerwin,

Mike,

The divine Word of God by which he created light and all other things that were created.

Mike,

Do you want more explanation than this?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 18 2013,05:48)

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2013,05:44)

T,

Is Jesus just?

kerwin

T,

A righteous man.

K

??? IF SO WHAT ???

T,

k

T,

Please answer my questions.  Thank you!

K

not so fast sonny ,you have to start living by your own rules ,like 'YOU LIKE ANSWERS OTHER LIKE THAT AS WELL ;SO COULD YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION FIRST SINS I HAVE ASK THEM FIRST ;

HERE THEY AGAIN ;

??? IF SO WHAT ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 17 2013,12:20)

Mike,

Mike,

Mike,

The logos.

Kerwin,

Mike,

Sorry Kerwin………. I looked, but didn't see your response.

Okay, so now we've been told it is the logos and the word of God (both are the same exact thing).

And we've been told it is personified as an archangel, a god, and other titles.

But you still haven't told me exactly WHAT it is? Is it an actual word that Jehovah spoke? Is it a part of Jehovah? Is it Jehovah Himself? Is it an entity OTHER THAN Jehovah?

Tell me WHAT it is please.

terraricca
    Participant

K

T,

1)I already states a just man is a righteous man.

2)A sinner who changes his ways and does all that is right is a just(righteous) man. God does not remember his sins.

3)A just man, even a ex sinner, lives by faith.

4)There is but one Christ, the man Jesus son of David. 5) The fact he is Christ and all that applies does not mean he is an exception that the just live by faith.

6)We have to believe Jesus is the Christ, but that is seen by his teachings, his miracles and his other works. That does not negate that the righteous live by faith.

1)so a just man is the same than a righteous man ,correct ,those man are doing the will of God and so do not sin .

2)all man are sinner we have already agree on this with the scriptures so all of us have to get out of our sinful way and believe that Christ who is send by God his father can help us and do that all our sins are forgiven ,we do not know this but we hope it is done ,so we will see later in time of judgment if we deserved it ,this HIS OUR FAITH ,BUT UNLESS WE PRODUCE THE DEEDS OF THAT FAITH ,WE WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY OF THE PROMISES GOD AS GIVEN TO HIS SON FOR US ,

3)this is covered in #2

4) so with what we know NO MAN BORN OF A WOMEN AND A MAN CAN SAVE ANYONE ;BECAUSE A SINNER CAN NOT EVEN SAVE HIMSELF FROM SIN AND UNTIL CHRIST THERE WAS ONLY ONE WAY AND IT WAS FOR THE JEWS IN ISRAEL THE LAW;SHOW ME THAT JESUS IS A DESCENDANT OF DAVID IF JOSEPH IS NOT HIS FATHER ,AND SHOW ME UNDER WHAT LAW CAN SHE BREAK THE CURSE OF THE SIN FROM ADAM,???

5)tell if we have to have faith in Jesus Christ ;this faith or believe is what ::: a)believing that he his the true and only begotten son of God ,b)that God his father as send him down to earth to be born from a women and so to fulfill all what it is said about him in the prophets and the Psalm ,C)that he died for our sins as a righteous and sinless man ,d) that after his resurrection he returned to his father and took his previous glory back, e) and that he now sits on the right side of God his father ;these are a few by memory

6) I HAVE ASK YOU TO SHOW ME ONE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THAT CHRIST AD FAITH ??? YOU NEVER DID
    TO HAVE FAITH MEANS WE DON'T KNOW ,AND SO WE HAVE TO BELIEVE IN WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW ;BUT WE HAVE GOD'S WORD AND THE WORD S OF HIS SON ;BUT WE HAVE NOT SEEN EITHER SO WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH (BELIEVE THE WORDS WITHOUT SEEING ANYTHING,)

WHAT WE HAVE IS ;;UNDERSTANDING ,PRACTICE THE WORDS,AND SO STRENGTHENING OUR FAITH (BELIEVE AND TRUST )

7) CHRIST FATHER HIS GOD JEHOVAH THE GOD OF ABRAHAM ,ISSAC AND JACOBS ,CHRIST KNOW HIS FATHER ,SO HE DOES NOT NEED TO HAVE FAITH IN HIM,OR BELIEVE IN HIM,BUT WE HAVE TO BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH IN THE SON AND THE FATHER ,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 18 2013,06:09)

Quote (kerwin @ July 17 2013,12:20)

Mike,

Mike,

Mike,

The logos.

Kerwin,

Mike,

Sorry Kerwin………. I looked, but didn't see your response.

Okay, so now we've been told it is the logos and the word of God (both are the same exact thing).

And we've been told it is personified as an archangel, a god, and other titles.

But you still haven't told me exactly WHAT it is?  Is it an actual word that Jehovah spoke?  Is it a part of Jehovah?  Is it Jehovah Himself?  Is it an entity OTHER THAN Jehovah?

Tell me WHAT it is please.

Mike,

It is not Jehovah or any being.  It is more than just his spoken word which is why Philo personalized it as God's “archangel”, “mediator”, “the firstborn son,” “the archpriest,” “the paraclete(counselor) of humanity.”, and more.

Sorce about Philo's Divine Word Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 13,341 through 13,360 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account