JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 12,921 through 12,940 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 18 2013,11:54)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,08:08)

Quote (kerwin @ June 18 2013,07:40)

Quote (2besee @ June 18 2013,07:08)
    Kerwin, yes. Rather than focusing on a discussion.

The rules state that personal insults, etc, are not allowed.

2besee,

T lacks knowledge to debate and expresses his disbelief by making accusations.  Poor communications skills but not up to the level of certain trolls I have known.

kerwin

this remark will come to hunt you down ;

T,

Knowledge can be gained.

Kerwin

True knowledge can be received but truth as to be in the cup ,no truth ,no true knowledge can be received ,understand that all apostles called were very well educated in scriptures and Ad a great desire for truth this is why Christ as teach them more and more ,wen the 3000 joint in act after the speech of Peter scriptures says that they all were devoted godly men ,so Jews well verse in scriptures,

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

It is always better to work with some one that as the desire to work even if he as no qualification, than with some one that as all the qualification but not the desire to work,

2besee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,17:11)

Quote (2besee @ June 18 2013,09:45)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,15:08)

2besee,

T lacks knowledge to debate and expresses his disbelief by making accusations.  Poor communications skills but not up to the level of certain trolls I have known.

kerwin

And now is personal threats.

2bee

Do I???
    Or is it you that within your own mind interpreting that it is a threat ???

It seems you can only seen what you want to see,and make it your reality ,

I have in no way threatening , Kerwin in any way ,but his judgment on me ,that if I have lied in what I teach this will fall on my own head says scriptures but if I have said the truth and as he as diminished my understanding to about nothing ,this is the wisdom that will hunt him ,

It took me 35 years before I start to preach for I want to speak the truth and so fallow the scriptures not men,this is after a period of 10 years of study all about the scriptures,but I have all ways try to practice in real life what I have learn as I moved ahead in my studies, I am now close to 73 years old I have heard many things like you have said,the reason why we are in this position is mainly because you do not know the scriptures but believe that you do,this is the true reason why you can not stand me,,nor Mike,

Terraricca,
    I know a lot of people in their seventies who have studied scripture, though they do not boast about it as you do. And they certainly do not treat people as you do.

What point is there in knowing so much yet knowing so little, when somebody else could know so little yet be rich in so much deeper, and do good with what they know which is more than the other actually really knows!

2besee
    Participant

Kerwin,
    Okay, thanks.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 18 2013,15:33)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,17:11)

Quote (2besee @ June 18 2013,09:45)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,15:08)

2besee,

kerwin

And now is personal threats.

2bee

Do I???
    Or is it you that within your own mind interpreting that it is a threat ???

It seems you can only seen what you want to see,and make it your reality ,

I have in no way threatening , Kerwin in any way ,but his judgment on me ,that if I have lied in what I teach this will fall on my own head says scriptures but if I have said the truth and as he as diminished my understanding to about nothing ,this is the wisdom that will hunt him ,

It took me 35 years before I start to preach for I want to speak the truth and so fallow the scriptures not men,this is after a period of 10 years of study all about the scriptures,but I have all ways try to practice in real life what I have learn as I moved ahead in my studies, I am now close to 73 years old I have heard many things like you have said,the reason why we are in this position is mainly because you do not know the scriptures but believe that you do,this is the true reason why you can not stand me,,nor Mike,

Terraricca,
    I know a lot of people in their seventies who have studied scripture, though they do not boast about it as you do. And they certainly do not treat people as you do.

What point is there in knowing so much yet knowing so little, when somebody else could know so little yet be rich in so much deeper, and do good with what they know which is more than the other actually really knows!

2bee

you talk but no actions ;i mean your deepness in scriptures seems like a dream of phantasm not according of the truth ,

wen i ear the truth as deep as the ocean my body would inflame of happiness and joy ,things i have not seen or felt with you ,show me that you have the truth that can take a true believer further than the scriptures it self ???

i am sure you met many seventy years old people ,me toO but it is when they open their mouth that the difference start to show ;empathy ,indifference to all they ear are some of the problems ,i can not stand and listen to people showing off their knowledge to others ,knowledge so far from the scriptures it take a plane ticket to join both ends ,

like i told you I AM ONLY AFTER THE TRUTH OF GOD NOT MY OWN ,OR YOUR OR ANYONE ELSE,

YOU SAY I HAVE MADE THREATS ;SHOW ME ;

terraricca
    Participant

2BEE

I know a lot of people in their seventies who have studied scripture, though they do not boast about it as you do

I DID NOT BOAST ABOUT IT i just told you ,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kerwin,

Even though your understanding that someone has the title “The Word-Made-Flesh” cannot possibly work, since the word “AND” in John 1:14 prohibits it, I'm still curious.

Who exactly do you think this “Word-Made-Flesh” person is? A merger of God's “Holy Spirit Son” and Jesus of Nazareth?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 19 2013,06:28)
    Kerwin,

Even though your understanding that someone has the title “The Word-Made-Flesh” cannot possibly work, since the word “AND” in John 1:14 prohibits it, I'm still curious.

Who exactly do you think this “Word-Made-Flesh” person is?  A merger of God's “Holy Spirit Son” and Jesus of Nazareth?

Mike,

You are not listening to my poor attempt to communicate an idea. I am not using it as a title but rather to express the idea of a completed action. I am not going to pretend I am an English expert as I merely speak it and it should be close enough for my hearers to understand. If you choose not to understand it then there is nothing I can do about it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

A completed action? Then why all this fuss? Of course “the Word became (or “was made”) flesh” describes a completed action. It describes the action of a person who WASN'T at first flesh, but then WAS MADE flesh.

So if you and I have been agreeing to the same thing all this time, something must have got lost in translation a long time ago. Also, if you agree that those words describe a completed action, why are you trying to remove the word “AND” from the Greek text? ???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 19 2013,11:28)
    Who exactly do you think this “Word-Made-Flesh” person is?  A merger of God's “Holy Spirit Son” and Jesus of Nazareth?

Mike………Close, A Merger of God's Anointing Spirit with the MAN Jesus of Nazareth.

In that way the Word who is GOD, became (came to be ) in flesh. We all know a Spirit is not flesh so the only it can be in flesh is to come into it. That simple Mike.

That same Holy Spirit is what made Jessu a Son of God also. IMO

peace and love to you and yuors………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 20 2013,19:52)

Mike………Close, A Merger of God's Anointing Spirit with the MAN  Jesus of Nazareth.

In that way the Word who is GOD, became (came to be ) in flesh. We all know a Spirit is not flesh so the only it can be in flesh is to come into it. That simple Mike.

edj

In that way the Word who is GOD, became (came to be ) in flesh

God is not flesh,and he his not his own words but stands to backup his own words ,

God he's a spirit being and this is also the way he communicates but his being and his skills to communicate(in spirit) are two different things ,

many like to bring down God almighty to the level of men :D

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 20 2013,07:36)
    A completed action?  Then why all this fuss?  Of course “the Word became (or “was made”) flesh” describes a completed action.  It describes the action of a person who WASN'T at first flesh, but then WAS MADE flesh.

So if you and I have been agreeing to the same thing all this time, something must have got lost in translation a long time ago.  Also, if you agree that those words describe a completed action, why are you trying to remove the word “AND” from the Greek text?   ???

Mike,

I wrote it that way because I understand that is appropriate when speaking of an action that is completed.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

God is not flesh,and he his not his own words but stands to backup his own words ,

God's Word is not flesh by nature so how is it made flesh?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2013,03:23)

Mike………Close, A Merger of God's Anointing Spirit with the MAN  Jesus of Nazareth.

edj

God he's a spirit being and this is also the way he communicates but his being and his skills to communicate(in spirit) are two different things ,

many like to bring down God almighty to the level of men  :D

Terricca……..We are not the ones, bringing GOD to the level of a Man, you are the ones saying God's are men not us, remember? Your own words seems to be tripping you up. So before I start again with the “accusing” Spirit, that's at work in you, I would think about what you have said first. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 21 2013,05:05)

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2013,03:23)

edj

many like to bring down God almighty to the level of men  :D

Terricca……..We are not the ones, bringing GOD to the level of a Man, you are the ones saying God's are men not us, remember?  Your own words seems to be tripping you up. So before I start again with the “accusing”  Spirit, that's at work in you, I would think about what you have said first. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

gene

you are the ones saying God's are men not us, remember?

were is it that i say this ??? show me in my quote (s) if you can

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 20 2013,07:52)
    In that way the Word who is GOD, became (came to be ) in flesh.

Hi Gene,

The word “IN” is not in John 1:14.  You have to add that word to the scriptural text for your understanding to be realized.  

Instead of changing the scriptural words so they conform to your understanding, why not try changing your understanding so it conforms to the scriptural words?

Also, the Word could not possibly be the very God he was with.  Our one Most High God cannot be with our one Most High God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 20 2013,11:15)
    Mike,

I wrote it that way because I understand that is appropriate when speaking of an action that is completed.

Actually Kerwin,

John 1:14 describes TWO completed actions. The two actions are separated by the conjunction “and”.

The Word was made flesh = the first completed action.

and = the conjunction between the two actions.

made his dwelling among us = the second completed action.

But Kerwin, “the Word Made Flesh” does not describe an action at all – unless you are using “made” as a verb, and saying the Word made (as in “CREATED”) flesh.

Are you saying the Word CREATED flesh?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 21 2013,06:26)

Quote (kerwin @ June 20 2013,11:15)
    Mike,

Actually Kerwin,

John 1:14 describes TWO completed actions.  The two actions are separated by the conjunction “and”.

The Word was made flesh = the first completed action.

and = the conjunction between the two actions.

made his dwelling among us = the second completed action.

But Kerwin, “the Word Made Flesh” does not describe an action at all – unless you are using “made” as a verb, and saying the Word made (as in “CREATED”) flesh.

Are you saying the Word CREATED flesh?

Mike,

It is the way I speak and therefor may not be perfect English.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yeah, but ARE you saying that the Word CREATED flesh?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 20 2013,23:20)
    T,

God's Word is not flesh by nature so how is it made flesh?

K

because THE WORD OF GOD ” is the name of the son of God ,named Christ ,and Jesus but you do not believe it this as been discussed with you for years ,

Viewing 20 posts - 12,921 through 12,940 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account