JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 12,861 through 12,880 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ June 16 2013,22:52)

2besee,June wrote:

[/quote]

I was shown that Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

2besee,

JESUS CANNOT BE THE HOLY SPIRIT!

JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD, AND SON OF MAN:

AS SON OF GOD:

HE HAD THE

SPIRIT OF THE FATHER

AS HIS SOUL HE HAD

THE HOLY SPIRIT

AS HIS FLESH BODY HE HAD

THE SON'S SPIRIT

AS SON OF MAN, WHEN HE WAS BORN,  TILL HE WAS BAPTIZED!,

HE HAD SATAN'S SPIRIT IN HIS SOUL!

HE HAD THE HOLY SPIRIT AS HIS SOUL!

AND THE SON'S SPIRIT AS HIS FLESH BODY!

SO THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS THE SPIRIT!

THEN JOHN REMOVED SATAN'S SPIRIT ON BAPTIZM!

THEN THE FATHER OFFICIALLY FUNCTIONED IN HIS SOUL!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles'

THE SON'S SPIRIT

AS SON OF MAN, WHEN HE WAS BORN, TILL HE WAS BAPTIZED!,

HE HAD SATAN'S SPIRIT IN HIS SOUL!

HE HAD THE HOLY SPIRIT AS HIS SOUL!

AND THE SON'S SPIRIT AS HIS FLESH BODY!

SO THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS THE SPIRIT!

THEN JOHN REMOVED SATAN'S SPIRIT ON BAPTIZM!

THEN THE FATHER OFFICIALLY FUNCTIONED IN HIS SOUL!

you have no clue of scriptures ,just your own way ;

Mt 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
    Mt 1:22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:

from birth Christ was destine to be the Christ and Satan could not do anything

Mt 3:13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.
    Mt 3:14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”
    Mt 3:15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.
    Mt 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
    Mt 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

John did not do anything beside do what it was told to do ,

Jn 1:30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’

Lk 2:49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?”
    Lk 2:50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.
    Lk 2:51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.
    Lk 2:52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

for a twelve year old boy he knew what he was and came to do ,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2013,22:10)

Quote (kerwin @ June 15 2013,16:20)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2013,02:08)

Kerwin, since all humans ARE flesh, it is not common to say things like, “Billy the Kid came in the flesh on November 23rd, 1859.”

That is when he was born, but we don't call being born “coming in the flesh”, do we?

Mike,

It may be an idiom based on the culture of that time or it may be an anti-Gnostic teaching.

If it is a cultural idiom, then we should be able to find some examples in scripture of regular human beings who were said to have “come in the flesh”, right?

Are there any?

Also, did you even consider the possibility that John said those words for a very specific reason, such as:  Jesus WAS INDEED existing in the form of God BEFORE “coming in the flesh”?

Are you unable to see how John's use of “has come in the flesh” matches EXACTLY with Phil 2:6-8?  Or how it matches EXACTLY with John 1:14, Hebrews 2:14, Acts 2:30, and Romans 1:3?

Mike,

Actually human beings literally come in the flesh.   I see no evidence it is an indiom but it does seem to be an answer to those that taught Jesus was a spirit being and so did not come in the flesh.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 17 2013,02:04)

Kerwin, since all humans ARE flesh, it is not common to say things like, “Billy the Kid came in the flesh on November 23rd, 1859.”

That is when he was born, but we don't call being born “coming in the flesh”, do we?

Mike,

It may be an idiom based on the culture of that time or it may be an anti-Gnostic teaching.

If it is a cultural idiom, then we should be able to find some examples in scripture of regular human beings who were said to have “come in the flesh”, right?

Are there any?

Also, did you even consider the possibility that John said those words for a very specific reason, such as:  Jesus WAS INDEED existing in the form of God BEFORE “coming in the flesh”?

Are you unable to see how John's use of “has come in the flesh” matches EXACTLY with Phil 2:6-8?  Or how it matches EXACTLY with John 1:14, Hebrews 2:14, Acts 2:30, and Romans 1:3?

Mike,

Actually human beings literally come in the flesh.   I see no evidence it is an indiom but it does seem to be an answer to those that taught Jesus was a spirit being and so did not come in the flesh.

and;

Jn 1:30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’

Ecc 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
    and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

at what time his the spirit (?) given by God ???

carmel
    Participant

terraricca,June wrote:

[/quote]

Lk 2:49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?”

Terraricca,

WHAT WOULD A PARENT DO TODAY IF HIS TWELVE YEAR OLD SON DISOBEY HIM, AND HE WOULDN'T FIND HIM BEFORE THREE DAYS!

WHAT JESUS DID, WAS IT AN ACTION TO CONFIRM THAT HE WAS THE SON OF GOD, OR THAT HE WAS THE SON OF A SATANIC MAN ALTHOUGH HE WASN'T?

WHEN HE SAID THAT HE WAS IN HIS FATHER'S HOUSE, DOES THAT CONFIRM IN A WAY THAT HE WAS THE SON OF GOD? OR THAT HE COULD ALSO BE  THE SON OF god of the world? THEREFORE THE SON OF MAN?

Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.

WHY WAS IT IMPORTANAT THAT SCRIPTURE STATES THAT HE WAS OBEDIENT TO THEM, SINCE HE WAS THE SON OF GOD?

WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICATION OF: IN FAVOUR WITH GOD AND MEN SINCE MEN WAS A SATANIC BEING IN JESUS TIME? DOESN'T IT MORE LIKELY THAT JESUS HAD A THE MOST DIFFICULT TIME OF HIS LIFE LIVING RATHER FULL OF CONFLICTS

WHY WAS JESUS THROWN OUT OF HIS HOME?

WASN'T IT THEREFORE PURPOSELY PLANED FROM GOD THAT ALL THESE THINGS HAPPEN FOR A PARTICULAR REASON ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE WHO ARE GENUINELY LOVE GOD, KNOCK AND HE WILL OPEN FOR THEM, AND SEARCH AND IT WOULD BE GIVEN TO?

JOHN 1:10…………….., and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

DOES THE ABOVE CONFIRMS THAT JESUS WAS THE SON OF GOD? ALTHOUGH HE WAS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO BELIEF SO?

WHY THERE ARE 18 YEARS HIDDEN IN JESUS LIFE?

WERE THOSE 18 YEARS FULL OF CONFLICTS,AS I STATED ABOVE, WHICH EVEN SEEMED REMAINED ALSO DURING HIS THREE YEARS OF PUBLIC LIFE?

ALTHOUGH THEY WERE NOT FOR SURE, BUT JESUS BEGUILLED SATAN SINCE HE WAS BAPTIZED BY JOHN AND REMOVED HIM FROM JESUS' SOUL, LIKE HE DID TO ALL THOSE HE BAPTIZED,

NOW REFLECT:

WHY DID JESUS  VOILENTLY THREW OUT THOSE MERCHANTS FROM THE TEMPLE, WHICH IS DEFINITELY AN ANTICHRIST ACT! DEFENDING RELIGION USING VOILENCE!

WHILE  JESUS DESTROYED THOUSANDS OF PIGS WHEN HE ACCEPTED THE DEMONS SUGGESTION, WAS IT A SON OF GOD ACTION, OR AN ANTICHRIST ACTION?

WHEN HE DESTROYED THE FIG TREE SIMPLY BECAUSE THERE WAS NO FRUIT, EVEN IF IT WAS NOT THE SEASON FOR SUCH FRUIT, WAS IT A SON OF GOD  ACTION?

26Who answering, said: It is not good to take the bread of the children, and to cast it to the dogs

IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE, DIDN'T  JESUS RATHER INSULTED THAT PARTICULAR WOMAN  WHEN HE  CALLED HER A DOG, SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE ASKED FOR MERCY, CONSIDERRING HE WAS THE SON OF GOD?

NOW:

JESUS WAS IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN!

SO HE WAS BORN WITH SATAN'S SPIRIT WITHIN HIS SOUL LIKE ALL OF US DID, UP TO YEAR 2000,

SINCE FROM THAT DATE ON ALL SOULS ARE BEING BORN AGAIN ANEW IN CHRIST?

THEREFORE WE ARE LIVING THE LAST MILLENIUM IN BOTH FLESH AND SPIRIT IN CHRIST, INTERNALLY!

THE ABOVE  IS A REVELATION WHICH WAS REVEALED OVER 300 YEARS OLD!

John1:9That was the true light, which enlighteneth every man that cometh into this world.

REFLECT:

WHICH ENLIGHTEN EVERY MEN THAT COMES INTO THE WORLD! SO DEFINITELY ON BIRTH! NO?

THAT'S WHEN HE COMES INTO THE WORLD!NO?

IT STARTED AFTER JESUS'DEATH, SO THE HOLY SPIRIT, ACCOMPLISHED HIS WORK NOW!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ June 17 2013,03:04)

terraricca,June wrote:

[/quote]

Terraricca,

WHAT WOULD A PARENT DO TODAY IF HIS TWELVE YEAR OLD SON DISOBEY HIM, AND HE WOULDN'T FIND HIM BEFORE THREE DAYS!

WHAT JESUS DID, WAS IT AN ACTION TO CONFIRM THAT HE WAS THE SON OF GOD, OR THAT HE WAS THE SON OF A SATANIC MAN ALTHOUGH HE WASN'T?

WHEN HE SAID THAT HE WAS IN HIS FATHER'S HOUSE, DOES THAT CONFIRM IN A WAY THAT HE WAS THE SON OF GOD? OR THAT HE COULD ALSO BE  THE SON OF god of the world? THEREFORE THE SON OF MAN?

Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.

WHY WAS IT IMPORTANAT THAT SCRIPTURE STATES THAT HE WAS OBEDIENT TO THEM, SINCE HE WAS THE SON OF GOD?

WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICATION OF: IN FAVOUR WITH GOD AND MEN SINCE MEN WAS A SATANIC BEING IN JESUS TIME? DOESN'T IT MORE LIKELY THAT JESUS HAD A THE MOST DIFFICULT TIME OF HIS LIFE LIVING RATHER FULL OF CONFLICTS

WHY WAS JESUS THROWN OUT OF HIS HOME?

WASN'T IT THEREFORE PURPOSELY PLANED FROM GOD THAT ALL THESE THINGS HAPPEN FOR A PARTICULAR REASON ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE WHO ARE GENUINELY LOVE GOD, KNOCK AND HE WILL OPEN FOR THEM, AND SEARCH AND IT WOULD BE GIVEN TO?

JOHN 1:10…………….., and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

DOES THE ABOVE CONFIRMS THAT JESUS WAS THE SON OF GOD? ALTHOUGH HE WAS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO BELIEF SO?

WERE THOSE 18 YEARS FULL OF CONFLICTS,AS I STATED ABOVE, WHICH EVEN SEEMED REMAINED ALSO DURING HIS THREE YEARS OF PUBLIC LIFE?

ALTHOUGH THEY WERE NOT FOR SURE, BUT JESUS BEGUILLED SATAN SINCE HE WAS BAPTIZED BY JOHN AND REMOVED HIM FROM JESUS' SOUL, LIKE HE DID TO ALL THOSE HE BAPTIZED,

NOW REFLECT:

WHY DID JESUS  VOILENTLY THREW OUT THOSE MERCHANTS FROM THE TEMPLE, WHICH IS DEFINITELY AN ANTICHRIST ACT! DEFENDING RELIGION USING VOILENCE!

WHILE  JESUS DESTROYED THOUSANDS OF PIGS WHEN HE ACCEPTED THE DEMONS SUGGESTION, WAS IT A SON OF GOD ACTION, OR AN ANTICHRIST ACTION?

WHEN HE DESTROYED THE FIG TREE SIMPLY BECAUSE THERE WAS NO FRUIT, EVEN IF IT WAS NOT THE SEASON FOR SUCH FRUIT, WAS IT A SON OF GOD  ACTION?

26Who answering, said: It is not good to take the bread of the children, and to cast it to the dogs

IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE, DIDN'T  JESUS RATHER INSULTED THAT PARTICULAR WOMAN  WHEN HE  CALLED HER A DOG, SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE ASKED FOR MERCY, CONSIDERRING HE WAS THE SON OF GOD?

NOW:

JESUS WAS IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN!

SO HE WAS BORN WITH SATAN'S SPIRIT WITHIN HIS SOUL LIKE ALL OF US DID, UP TO YEAR 2000,

SINCE FROM THAT DATE ON ALL SOULS ARE BEING BORN AGAIN ANEW IN CHRIST?

THEREFORE WE ARE LIVING THE LAST MILLENIUM IN BOTH FLESH AND SPIRIT IN CHRIST, INTERNALLY!

THE ABOVE  IS A REVELATION WHICH WAS REVEALED OVER 300 YEARS OLD!

John1:9That was the true light, which enlighteneth every man that cometh into this world.

REFLECT:

WHICH ENLIGHTEN EVERY MEN THAT COMES INTO THE WORLD! SO DEFINITELY ON BIRTH! NO?

THAT'S WHEN HE COMES INTO THE WORLD!NO?

IT STARTED AFTER JESUS'DEATH, SO THE HOLY SPIRIT, ACCOMPLISHED HIS WORK NOW!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

charles

Posted: June 17 2013,03:04

Quote (terraricca @ June 17 2013,05:42)

Terraricca,

WHEN HE SAID THAT HE WAS IN HIS FATHER'S HOUSE, DOES THAT CONFIRM IN A WAY THAT HE WAS THE SON OF GOD? OR THAT HE COULD ALSO BE THE SON OF god of the world? THEREFORE THE SON OF MAN?

you would have been right IF JESUS DID NOT ENTER INTO CONVERSATION WITH THE DOCTORS OF THE LAW AND THE PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE ,

IN FAVOUR WITH GOD AND MEN

THIS TO ME IS FAIRLY SIMPLE ,JESUS WAS NOT A JOKER ,PAID ATTENTION TO WHAT WAS AROUND HIM ,AND HELP ANY IN HIS WAY THAT WAS IN NEED ,IN FACT HE PRACTICE WHAT HE PREACHED LATHER ON ABOUT THE TWO COMMANDMENT ,

WHY DO WE FIND THAT OVER 700 YEARS ARE HIDDEN FROM ADAM'S LIFE ??? NEVER MIND THE WOMEN

AND MOSES MISSING YEARS ,AND MANY OTHERS

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS ,Christ was conceived by god's power,( their is no wickedness in God )and Mary was an surrogate mother ,she only supplied her body to give the son of God the cover of flesh,

why up to year 2000 ???

2besee
    Participant

Carmel,
    Scripture says that there is only one spirit, the Holy Spirit, the spirit of the Son.

2besee
    Participant

Mike,
    Do you acknowledge that “Jesus coming in the flesh” was in regards to the gnostics who claimed that Jesus was an illusion, a spirit being only and not flesh, both on earth and after the resurrection, and that you are wrongly using those words? The ones you should be using it against is those who claim Jesus was risen as a spirit being only and not flesh, and there are a few members here making that claim, yet you do not use it against them, well not that I have seen. And the Jehovah's Witnesses. Do some home work!

As for the other things, I give up. I believe what I believe, and you believe what you believe. You are not understanding still.

2besee
    Participant

Once again I leave you all to it :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 17 2013,06:53)
    Mike,
    Do you acknowledge that “Jesus coming in the flesh” was in regards to the gnostics who claimed that Jesus was an illusion, a spirit being only and not flesh, both on earth and after the resurrection, and that you are wrongly using those words? The ones you should be using it against is those who claim Jesus was risen as a spirit being only and not flesh, and there are a few members here making that claim, yet you do not use it against them, well not that I have seen. And the Jehovah's Witnesses. Do some home work!

As for the other things, I give up. I believe what I believe, and you believe what you believe. You are not understanding still.

2bee

you really do not read what we say ,never has mike said that or believed that ,

why are you coming up with Gnostic and JW understanding
    when we all know their teachings it is written all over the place,but what we do not know is what you have received if anything from God through your study in scriptures ,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 16 2013,14:04)
    Mike,

Actually human beings literally come in the flesh. I see no evidence it is an idiom but it does seem to be an answer to those that taught Jesus was a spirit being and so did not come in the flesh.

Kerwin,

Human beings are generally never anything BUT flesh. To say a human being “came in the flesh” is to imply that said human being was once something OTHER THAN flesh. So I ask you once more:

Did you even consider the possibility that John said those words for a very specific reason, such as: Jesus WAS INDEED existing in the form of God BEFORE “coming in the flesh”?

Are you unable to see how John's use of “has come in the flesh” matches EXACTLY with Phil 2:6-8? Or how it matches EXACTLY with John 1:14, Hebrews 2:14, Acts 2:30, and Romans 1:3?

Please actually ADDRESS this part of my post – along with the first post on page 864.

Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (2besee @ June 16 2013,18:53)
    Mike,
    Do you acknowledge that “Jesus coming in the flesh” was in regards to the gnostics who claimed that Jesus was an illusion, a spirit being only and not flesh, both on earth and after the resurrection, and that you are wrongly using those words?

I don't know what the Gnostics taught about Jesus – except for what you guys claim on this site. Copy and paste a LITTLE bit of info about the Gnostics' belief that Jesus was always a spirit being. Then I can answer your question more readily.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

From Wikipedia:

Jesus is identified by some Gnostics as an embodiment of the supreme being who became incarnate to bring gnōsis to the earth. Others adamantly deny that the supreme being came in the flesh, claiming Jesus to be merely a human who attained divinity through gnosis and taught his disciples to do the same.

I see where some Gnostics thought Jesus was God IN THE FLESH, and where others thought he was merely a FLESH human being.

I haven't yet found any belief of the Gnostics that Jesus was NOT a flesh being on earth.

2besee
    Participant

Mike, READ THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS. It is common knowledge.As for Wikipedia I BET that you deliberately missed out anything which I said, but I do not have the ability to check properly nor read through and copy and paste the early church writings. I believe that you are a Jehovah Witness or you plan to be one, and that is your agenda. Am I right or wrong?

2besee
    Participant

Mike, do you study with Jehovahs Witnesses?

terraricca
    Participant

Mike
    I think 2bee want to make a point ,but not with scriptures ,with his own personal heart ,that spills out ,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I think you are right, Pierre. As if me being a JW would somehow make the scriptures I post become lies or something. :)

No 2B. I am not now a JW. I do not study with anyone except for you guys on this site. And I have no plans to become a JW.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (2besee @ June 16 2013,19:54)
    Mike, READ THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS. It is common knowledge.

I have no time for such things, 2B.  It is you and Gene who make claims that the Gnostics didn't believe Jesus was a flesh human being. You should be able to show some proof of that claim.  

I'm not saying you're wrong – only that the first time I looked up “Gnostic beliefs about Jesus”, I couldn't find anything like what you've claimed.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 17 2013,07:29)

Quote (kerwin @ June 16 2013,14:04)
    Mike,

Actually human beings literally come in the flesh.   I see no evidence it is an idiom but it does seem to be an answer to those that taught Jesus was a spirit being and so did not come in the flesh.

Kerwin,

Human beings are generally never anything BUT flesh.  To say a human being “came in the flesh” is to imply that said human being was once something OTHER THAN flesh.  So I ask you once more:

Did you even consider the possibility that John said those words for a very specific reason, such as:  Jesus WAS INDEED existing in the form of God BEFORE “coming in the flesh”?

Please actually ADDRESS this part of my post – along with the first post on page 864.

Thanks.

Mike,

You are mistaken as human beings come in the flesh just like I come in cloths. Paul testified in such a manner to the Corinthians.

2 Corinthians 5:3
    King James Version (KJV)

3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

and Peter used a tent analogy.

2 Peter 1:13
    King James Version (KJV)

13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 17 2013,08:36)

Quote (2besee @ June 16 2013,19:54)
    Mike, READ THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS. It is common knowledge.

I have no time for such things, 2B.  It is you and Gene who make claims that the Gnostics didn't believe Jesus was a flesh human being.  You should be able to show some proof of that claim.  

I'm not saying you're wrong – only that the first time I looked up “Gnostic beliefs about Jesus”, I couldn't find anything like what you've claimed.

Mike,

It is not all Gnostics that believed that only the Docetæ sects.

Docetae

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 17 2013,02:35)

Quote (kerwin @ June 17 2013,02:04)

Mike,

Are there any?

Mike,

and;

Ecc 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
    and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

at what time his the spirit (?) given by God ???

T,

The spirit spoken of in Ecclesiastes 12:7 comes and results in a man first becoming a living soul.

John 1:30 attest that Jesus, a human, is above John the Baptist because he has superior rank.

Viewing 20 posts - 12,861 through 12,880 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account