JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 12,601 through 12,620 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 12 2013,11:09)

Quote (terraricca @ May 12 2013,08:53)

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2013,10:43)

Quote (terraricca @ May 10 2013,18:04)

Quote (kerwin @ May 10 2013,10:33)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 10 2013,07:53)
    I don't follow, Kerwin.  I don't know of any pronouns that are used with a plural of majesty – only nouns.

What are you saying?

Mike,

“us” is some verses of Genesis and perhaps other places.  It seems to be a rough equivalent to a plural majesty.

kerwin

It seems to be a rough equivalent to a plural majesty.

so the bible is a ROUGH IDEA THAT MEN INVENTED ???

T,

That is your words and not mine.  I am just trying to understand the language used in Scripture.

kERWIN

try to learn it in English and believe what it says first then go in you understand it in Hebrew and Greek

if not you may be staying on the shore while the boat is leaving for paradise ,to preoccupied by the wording rather than by the meaning of God's word to us ,good knowledge of the scriptures and believing in them ,can solve most of all conflicts in it ,

T,

I do not believe the translators were carried along by the spirit.

K

So you are like Hussah ,he though that he can save what was God,s

And pay it with his own live,

We are free to chose ,this is true

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 12 2013,16:09)

I don't follow, Kerwin.  I don't know of any pronouns that are used with a plural of majesty – only nouns.

What are you saying?

Mike,

“us” is some verses of Genesis and perhaps other places.  It seems to be a rough equivalent to a plural majesty.

kerwin

T,

That is your words and not mine.  I am just trying to understand the language used in Scripture.

kERWIN

try to learn it in English and believe what it says first then go in you understand it in Hebrew and Greek

if not you may be staying on the shore while the boat is leaving for paradise ,to preoccupied by the wording rather than by the meaning of God's word to us ,good knowledge of the scriptures and believing in them ,can solve most of all conflicts in it ,

T,

Kerwin……….That is a true statement, a Scholar named Wills found over 20,000, grammatical error in those translated from scriptures, and many complete added sentences that are not even in the original at all have been placed there by translations, who nearly all were trinitarians and they did slant scriptures to meet their belief systems.

That is why Paul told us to search the Old testament to see if those thing they were saying was true or not. He didn't say “OLD” testament but the new was not written, at that time, so i believe the Old testament is what he was referring to. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 10 2013,22:56)
    ……..Jehovah was speaking with the angels.

Then we both agree that the ONE Jehovah was speaking to His angels. Good.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (abe @ May 11 2013,14:22)

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2013,11:21)

Angels bear the likeness and image of the saints.

Do you have Scripture for this? Thanks.

Abe,

Do you realize that the angels were made first?

Do you realize that man was made a little LOWER than the angels?

Do you realize that man was made in God's image?

I assume you DO realize all of these things.  So here are your choices:

1.  The angels were made in an image OTHER THAN God – an image that was HIGHER THAN man, and therefore HIGHER THAN God.

2.  The angels were made in the image of their Father first, and man was subsequently also made in the image of our Father – albeit a little lower version of that image than the one in which the angels were previously made.

Which one makes sense to you?  Or do you have a third option?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 11 2013,11:14)

Quote (jammin @ May 09 2013,21:14)
    you want hebrew and greek

Yep.  And unless you can show me from the Greek, Aramaic, or Hebrew words of scripture that God is “omnipresent”, you shouldn't make the claim.

And until you can show me what I'm asking for, there is really no need for you to keep talking about it, right?

where in hebrew can you read jehovah?

jammin
    Participant

mike,

your argument is so weak.

you cant understand english bible and yet you want heb and grk?
    you are just making excuses boy.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

God is not talking to his angels in gen 1.26
    stop making stories

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Then who exactly WAS our one and only God talking to, jammin?

Himself?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ May 12 2013,16:31)

Yep.  And unless you can show me from the Greek, Aramaic, or Hebrew words of scripture that God is “omnipresent”, you shouldn't make the claim.

And until you can show me what I'm asking for, there is really no need for you to keep talking about it, right?

About 6800 places, jammin.

I'm not asking you to find the ENGLISH word “omnipresence” in the Hebrew or Greek scriptures. I'm asking you to find a Hebrew or Greek word that specifically MEANS “omnipresence”.

Can you do that? I'm willing to admit I was wrong and learn from scripture, jammin. But only if you are able to produce that scripture for me.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 13 2013,04:33)
    kerwin,

stop making stories

Jammin,

Genesis 3:22
    King James Version (KJV)

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

He does the same thing here as humanity did not become Yawheh by gaining the knowledge of good and evil.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 13 2013,00:09)

Then we both agree that the ONE Jehovah was speaking to His angels.  Good.

Mike,

That is a given though it is clearer when Jehovah is called Jehovah Elohim in chapter 3.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 12 2013,18:48)

What are you saying?

Mike,

kerwin

T,

kERWIN

T,

K

T,

All I am saying is translators are blind guides. I am not willing to follow them if God gives me means to test their work.

I am but a watchman, I shout the warning but those that heed it look to the King and the God for salvation.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 13 2013,07:55)

Quote (terraricca @ May 12 2013,18:48)

What are you saying?

Mike,

kerwin

T,

kERWIN

T,

K

T,

All I am saying is translators are blind guides. I am not willing to follow them if God gives me means to test their work.  

I am but a watchman,  I shout the warning but those that heed it look to the King and the God for salvation.

kERWIN

you do not understand what I have said or mean;

you have first to acknowledge that the scriptures are the written word of God ;and this can only be done by reading it as it is ,if you try to become an expert in testing what you do not understand or know then you have not come to accept the written words of God but have become a judge of it ,

you show a lack of trust in God 's words as they are and so judge it and only accept what YOU HAVE DECLARE GOOD ,

this is only a remark of what I come to notice

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 13 2013,11:12)

I'm not asking you to find the ENGLISH word “omnipresence” in the Hebrew or Greek scriptures.  I'm asking you to find a Hebrew or Greek word that specifically MEANS “omnipresence”.

Can you do that?  I'm willing to admit I was wrong and learn from scripture, jammin.  But only if you are able to produce that scripture for me.

no jehovah in hebrew.
    non sense.
    you talk non sense.

you cant accept the truth mike.
    you want stories.

the bible said GOD is everywhere and you cant change that. that is written .

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 13 2013,12:43)

Quote (jammin @ May 13 2013,04:33)
    kerwin,

stop making stories

Jammin,

Genesis 3:22
    King James Version (KJV)

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

He does the same thing here as humanity did not become Yawheh by gaining the knowledge of good and evil.

make your own bible
    and put in gen 1.26 God is talking angels

jammin
    Participant

I'm not asking you to find the ENGLISH word “omnipresence” in the Hebrew or Greek scriptures.  I'm asking you to find a Hebrew or Greek word that specifically MEANS “omnipresence”.

Can you do that?  I'm willing to admit I was wrong and learn from scripture, jammin.  But only if you are able to produce that scripture for me.

here is your request boy

ps 139.7
    אנה אלך מרוחך ואנה מפניך אברח׃

abe
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 12 2013,10:17)

Quote (abe @ May 11 2013,14:22)

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2013,11:21)

Angels bear the likeness and image of the saints.

Do you have Scripture for this? Thanks.

Abe,

Do you realize that the angels were made first?

Do you realize that man was made a little LOWER than the angels?

Do you realize that man was made in God's image?

I assume you DO realize all of these things.  So here are your choices:

1.  The angels were made in an image OTHER THAN God – an image that was HIGHER THAN man, and therefore HIGHER THAN God.

2.  The angels were made in the image of their Father first, and man was subsequently also made in the image of our Father – albeit a little lower version of that image than the one in which the angels were previously made.

Which one makes sense to you?  Or do you have a third option?

Hi Mike,

No.

Do angels have souls?

Peace brother..

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin………Here is just one of many answers to Mike “omnipresent” question for you Jammin.

Psa 139:4-…….> For there is not a word in my tongue but lo, O LORD, thou Knowest it altogether. (5) You hast beset me behind and before, and laid your hand upon me. (7) Whither shall i go from thy spirit? or whither shall i flee from your presence? (8) If i assend up into heaven, you are there: if i make my bed in hell, behold you are there.

Now lets see if Mike will adimit it,  God is indeed omnipresent?

peace and love to you and yours. boy………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 13 2013,12:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 13 2013,00:09)

Then we both agree that the ONE Jehovah was speaking to His angels.  Good.

Mike,

That is a given though it is clearer when Jehovah is called Jehovah Elohim in chapter 3.

Kerwin……….Mike is trying desperately to get you to agree with him about those scriptures, saying the LORD (YAHWEH) our God,  was talking to Angels, and in fact the word “Angels” is not so much as even mention there. God could have been just as well, speaking to His Seven spirits that are before his Throne.

It's all speculation when we add Words to what is actually written, and that is what causes all these false teachings IMO. Not saying it is wrong to speculate, but when we start saying it is Scripture then that is another thing. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ May 12 2013,21:09)

I'm asking you to find a Hebrew or Greek word that specifically MEANS “omnipresence”.

I'm willing to admit I was wrong and learn from scripture, jammin.  But only if you are able to produce that scripture for me.

here is your request boy

ps 139.7
    אנה אלך מרוחך ואנה מפניך אברח׃

That is a great scripture for learning that there is no place any of us can go to “hide” from God.  Anywhere we could possibly go, He can go there too.  However, that psalm doesn't say anything about God being “everywhere, all the time”.  And that is the meaning of “omnipresent”.

Here's one for you to consider:

Job 1 NIV
    6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

jammin, how can the angels COME to God?  If God is truly “everywhere, all the time”, then God already WAS wherever any of those angels were.

How can you “COME” to someone who was already right there with you the whole time?

And why would God ask Satan where he had come from?  Wouldn't God have been right there with Satan the whole time if He was truly “everywhere, all the time”?

These are some things you need to consider.

Viewing 20 posts - 12,601 through 12,620 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account