JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 12,581 through 12,600 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (abe @ May 07 2013,18:18)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 07 2013,13:44)
    Abe,

I asked (twice now) if the seven spirits of God are PERSONS, with their own minds and wills.

Please answer the question.

Hi Mike,

Why do you have to  ADD  to the Scriptures?  I don't SEE the word Person?  Deal with your  OWN  Demons.

I don't see the words “human BEINGS” in any scripture either.  Does that mean you “don't know” if any human BEINGS are mentioned in the scriptures?   ???

Does it mean that if I say Jesus was a human BEING, I am “adding to the scriptures”? Or does the fact that I say Jesus was a human BEING mean I have “demons to deal with”?

Come on, Abe. Get real.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

jammin,

I've answered your question at least twice now – as clearly as I can answer it.

Either show your scripture or shut up about it.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 09 2013,05:40)

Quote (kerwin @ May 07 2013,19:20)
    Mike,

The angels are Jehovah's tools and not his fellow workmen.

Agreed, which is why I wondered when you said this the other day:

Quote (kerwin @ May 04 2013,23:38)

Mike,

The heavenly team created man, each member doing his part according to Yahweh's command.

Quote (kerwin @ May 07 2013,19:20)
    I do not know if plural majesties were used in Scripture or are in Hebrew to be used.

Yes they were – with more words than “elohim”.

Mike,

A team is composed of many members, each doing their tasks.  A water boy has his task which serve the team in their efforts and he partakes of the win or loss though he did not play on the field.  I was using the church as a likeness of the unity of the Spirit as it existed on the 6th night and day, 1 Corinthians 12.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 09 2013,10:58)
    jammin,

I've answered your question at least twice now – as clearly as I can answer it.

Either show your scripture or shut up about it.

you did not answer it.

i can show you a verse boy. im not like you. you give stories and not verse LOL

are you accepting now the truth that you are a false teacher?
    you believe GOD is not everywhere but the bible teaches that GOD is everywhere.

your words are non sense boy

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 09 2013,05:50)
    Kerwin,

The following is from Wikipedia:

It is worthy of note that, in the Biblical Hebrew (as well as in many other languages, such as Yaqui) the customary grammatical “plurality” of a word is often simply that: a grammatical plural. The use of “plural” forms for singular nouns is common in the Hebrew Bible, and often connotes quintessence, uniqueness, or might rather than plurality (though it may connote both).

Thus, the phrase “מלך מלכי המלכים” (“melekh maləkêi ha-məlâkhim”) does not refer to “a king, kings of kings”, but to “a king of unsurpassed kingship”;

שיר השירים,
    (“shir ha-shirim”) does not refer to “a song of songs”, but to “a song that is the quintessential song”;

ימים רבים (“yamim rabim”) refers to “a great sea” as easily as to “great [or 'many'] seas”.

A clue to this is the Hebrew grammatical term for “plural”: lâshon rabbim, meaning “a term of grandiosities”.

The Hebrew word for “plural” actually means “a term of grandiosities”.

Mike,

So perhaps what is true for a noun is also true for a pronoun.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I don't follow, Kerwin. I don't know of any pronouns that are used with a plural of majesty – only nouns.

What are you saying?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ May 09 2013,02:10)
    you did not answer it.

The 9th post of page 836 was the SECOND TIME I answered it.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 07 2013,12:56)

Quote (jammin @ May 05 2013,14:55)
    Mike im still waiting for your answer. You said God is not everywhere.but what if i cn read that to you,will you accept that you are a false teacher?

I already told you that if you can show me that God is “omnipresent” IN THE ACTUAL HEBREW OR GREEK TEXT OF THE SCRIPTURES, then I will admit that I was wrong about that one thing.

No, I WON'T admit I am a “false teacher” in general.

So now your question has been answered AGAIN as clearly as I can answer it.

In other words, I'm calling you, jammin.  It's now time for you to lay down your hand and show us your cards.

is this your answer mike?

LOL

you want hebrew and greek but you dont know how to understand the context and the words of it

what is the use of hebrew and greek if you dont know how to use it?
    does it make sense?

LOL

you are having a hard time reading english bible and now you want other language. that is just your excuse mike.
    the truth is you cant ignore that God is everywhere. you just dont want to accept that fact.

make your own bible boy

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 10 2013,07:53)
    I don't follow, Kerwin.  I don't know of any pronouns that are used with a plural of majesty – only nouns.

What are you saying?

Mike,

“us” is some verses of Genesis and perhaps other places. It seems to be a rough equivalent to a plural majesty.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 10 2013,10:33)

I don't follow, Kerwin.  I don't know of any pronouns that are used with a plural of majesty – only nouns.

What are you saying?

Mike,

“us” is some verses of Genesis and perhaps other places.  It seems to be a rough equivalent to a plural majesty.

kerwin

It seems to be a rough equivalent to a plural majesty.

so the bible is a ROUGH IDEA THAT MEN INVENTED ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ May 09 2013,21:14)
    you want hebrew and greek

Yep.  And unless you can show me from the Greek, Aramaic, or Hebrew words of scripture that God is “omnipresent”, you shouldn't make the claim.

And until you can show me what I'm asking for, there is really no need for you to keep talking about it, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 09 2013,22:33)

What are you saying?

Mike,

“us” is some verses of Genesis and perhaps other places.  It seems to be a rough equivalent to a plural majesty.

What reason do you have to make that claim?

This is from NETNotes, concerning Gen 1:26,  

Some have suggested the plural verb indicates majesty, but the plural of majesty is not used with verbs.

That tells us that the first part, “Elohim said” is referring to a majestic El, who alone said something. We know this because, although the noun is plural, the verb is singular.

The “Let us make” part gives no indication of a plural of majesty because not only is the pronoun plural, but the verb is as well. (Nor would it make any sense for one majestic God to talk to Himself in that manner.)

The most obvious understanding is………. well here, I'll just let the boys at NETNotes say it for me:

In its ancient Israelite context the plural is most naturally understood as referring to God and his heavenly court (see 1 Kgs 22:19-22; Job 1:6-12; 2:1-6; Isa 6:1-8).

This is also how I understand it, Kerwin.  There is no need to discuss it further.  You either agree with me that God was talking to his angels (Jesus included), or you don't.

peace,
    mike

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 10 2013,18:04)

What are you saying?

Mike,

kerwin

T,

That is your words and not mine. I am just trying to understand the language used in Scripture.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 11 2013,06:15)

Quote (kerwin @ May 09 2013,22:33)

What are you saying?

Mike,

What reason do you have to make that claim?

This is from NETNotes, concerning Gen 1:26,  

Some have suggested the plural verb indicates majesty, but the plural of majesty is not used with verbs.

That tells us that the first part, “Elohim said” is referring to a majestic El, who alone said something.  We know this because, although the noun is plural, the verb is singular.

The “Let us make” part gives no indication of a plural of majesty because not only is the pronoun plural, but the verb is as well.  (Nor would it make any sense for one majestic God to talk to Himself in that manner.)

The most obvious understanding is………. well here, I'll just let the boys at NETNotes say it for me:

In its ancient Israelite context the plural is most naturally understood as referring to God and his heavenly court (see 1 Kgs 22:19-22; Job 1:6-12; 2:1-6; Isa 6:1-8).

This is also how I understand it, Kerwin.  There is no need to discuss it further.  You either agree with me that God was talking to his angels (Jesus included), or you don't.

peace,
    mike

Mike,

Nor would it make any sense for one majestic God to talk to Himself in that manner.

Nonsense words as in any case Jehovah was speaking with the angels. A plural majesty is a plural used like a singular so it seems plausible it would also use singular verbs.

Nouns can be replaced by pronouns. It seems plausible that a plural noun serving as a singular can be replaced by a plural pronoun serving as a singular.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……. What if “YAHWEH ” our God, was talking to the SEVEN SPIRITS that are before his throne.? And the are what he sues to do his creating with. There is no scripture saying he was talking to angels or Jesus either it is all speculation . I believe “YAHWEH , speaking to the seven spirits befor his throne makes the most sense. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 11 2013,20:42)
    Mike……. What if “YAHWEH ” our God, was talking to the SEVEN SPIRITS that are before his throne.? And the are what he sues to do his creating with. There is no scripture saying he was talking to angels or Jesus either it is all speculation . I believe “YAHWEH , speaking to the seven spirits befor his throne makes the most sense. IMO

Gene,

Angels bear the likeness and image of the saints.

abe
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2013,11:21)

Gene,

Hi Kerwin,

Do you have Scripture for this? Thanks.

Peace brother…

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (abe @ May 12 2013,02:22)

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2013,11:21)

Gene,

Hi Kerwin,

Do you have Scripture for this? Thanks.

Peace brother…

Abe,

The two angels that visited Lot and other angels were declared to have the appearance of men.

I specified saints as they are like Jehovah in true righteousness and holiness.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2013,10:43)

What are you saying?

Mike,

kerwin

T,

That is your words and not mine.  I am just trying to understand the language used in Scripture.

kERWIN

try to learn it in English and believe what it says first then go in you understand it in Hebrew and Greek

if not you may be staying on the shore while the boat is leaving for paradise ,to preoccupied by the wording rather than by the meaning of God's word to us ,good knowledge of the scriptures and believing in them ,can solve most of all conflicts in it ,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 12 2013,08:53)

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2013,10:43)

What are you saying?

Mike,

kerwin

T,

That is your words and not mine.  I am just trying to understand the language used in Scripture.

kERWIN

try to learn it in English and believe what it says first then go in you understand it in Hebrew and Greek

if not you may be staying on the shore while the boat is leaving for paradise ,to preoccupied by the wording rather than by the meaning of God's word to us ,good knowledge of the scriptures and believing in them ,can solve most of all conflicts in it ,

T,

I do not believe the translators were carried along by the spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 12,581 through 12,600 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account