JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 12,461 through 12,480 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 27 2013,10:14)

Quote (jammin @ April 25 2013,21:08)
    let the bible speak and not your opinion..

who is the Rock in 1cor 10.4?

the rock is messiah himself

Agreed.  Now WHICH messiah of God, exactly, was the one who was the rock in 1 Cor 10:4?  Was it God's messiah Moses?  Was it God's messiah Jesus?  Was it perhaps a different messiah of God?

The point is that the scriptures teach about MANY messiahs/christs.  Those words mean “anointed one”.

are you talking about anointed one or Anointed One?
    those two words are not the same boy

the Anointed One refers only to Christ. he is the messiah

there is one messiah and that is JESUS CHRIST.

if you say moses then read moses is a messiah. LOL

peter said Christ is the messiah! mat 16.16
    Matthew 16:16
    Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God!”

peter did not say you and moses are the messiahs. LOL

make your own version

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 27 2013,10:44)

Quote (jammin @ April 26 2013,09:08)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 26 2013,10:43)

Quote (jammin @ April 24 2013,22:28)
    Paul said this Rock that went along with moses and to his people is Christ!

Actually, Paul said they were all baptized into MOSES in the wilderness, and that the rock was “christ”.  He didn't specifically say it was JESUS christ.  (God has had MANY “christs” in the scriptures – including Moses.)

Also, the writer of Hebrews (1:1-2) says that God spoke to us various ways in the past, and has spoken to us through His Son “in these last days”.  That COULD BE understood to mean that God hadn't ever spoken to us through Jesus UNTIL “these last days”.  It doesn't NECESSARILY exclude Jesus from being one of God's messengers in the past, but it sure sounds like it.

Which brings us to the main point:  The one who was in the burning bush was called “the angel of Jehovah”.  (Ex 3:2, Acts 7:30)  And the one who went before the Israelites in the pillar of cloud and fire was “the angel of Jehovah”.  (Ex 14:19, 23:20)

So if you want to believe it was Jesus in the bush, and Jesus going before the Israelites in the wilderness, then you also must believe that Jesus is an angel OF Jehovah.

Are you willing to believe this scriptural truth?

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    And they all drank of the one drink of The Spirit, for they were drinking from The Rock of The Spirit, which was with them, but that Rock was The Messiah.

who is the messiah according to the bible?

he is Jesus Christ.
    mat 16.16
    New International Version (©2011)
    Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

what about the commentary?  what did they say about 1 cor 10.4? do they agree that the Rock is Christ himself?

let me post one
    Vincent's Word Studies

Was Christ

Showing that he does not believe the legend, but only uses it allegorically. The important point is that Christ the Word was with His people under the old covenant. “In each case we recognize the mystery of a 'real presence”' (Ellicott). “God was in Christ” here, as from the beginning. The mosaic and the christian economies are only different sides of one dispensation, which is a gospel dispensation throughout. The Jewish sacraments are not mere types of ours. They are identical.

sorry boy

Jammin,

King Saul was the Lord's christ as Scripture declares David called him such.

what are you talking about boy

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 27 2013,10:21)

what about the commentary?  what did they say about 1 cor 10.4? do they agree that the Rock is Christ himself?

BTW, I'm not even arguing that the rock WASN'T Jesus Christ.  I was only pointing out the obvious fact that if you believe it WAS Jesus, then you must also believe Jesus is “an angel OF YHWH”.

i do believe that boy . i believe Christ is the messenger of God.
    i also believe he is the son of God.
    i believe he is the messiah
    i believe he is the Word in john 1.1
    i believe he became flesh and dwelt among us.
    i believe he was GOD by nature.

and that last part is the part that you DO NOT want to believe.

for you christ is a small god. LOL

that crazy doctrine of JW is a thrash! that is a big mistake by JW. that is a cult belief.

apostles do not say that. paul said he was God. PHIL 2.6
    thomas said to jesus my Lord and my God and not god

john said the Word was God and not a god.

your one and only fake NWT says he is god.
    sorry mike but your doctrine is not in the bible boy LOL

make your own version

jammin
    Participant

BTW, I'm not even arguing that the rock WASN'T Jesus Christ. .

therefore you also believe that the Rock in 1 cor 10.4 is Christ himself. good boy

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 27 2013,07:16)

therefore you also believe that the Rock in 1 cor 10.4 is Christ himself. good boy

Jammin,

Bad Boy! Don't you believe Scripture, as it declares God has chosen to speak through his own Son in these last days but instead spoke through prophets and others previously.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 27 2013,07:02)

Actually, Paul said they were all baptized into MOSES in the wilderness, and that the rock was “christ”.  He didn't specifically say it was JESUS christ.  (God has had MANY “christs” in the scriptures – including Moses.)

Also, the writer of Hebrews (1:1-2) says that God spoke to us various ways in the past, and has spoken to us through His Son “in these last days”.  That COULD BE understood to mean that God hadn't ever spoken to us through Jesus UNTIL “these last days”.  It doesn't NECESSARILY exclude Jesus from being one of God's messengers in the past, but it sure sounds like it.

Which brings us to the main point:  The one who was in the burning bush was called “the angel of Jehovah”.  (Ex 3:2, Acts 7:30)  And the one who went before the Israelites in the pillar of cloud and fire was “the angel of Jehovah”.  (Ex 14:19, 23:20)

So if you want to believe it was Jesus in the bush, and Jesus going before the Israelites in the wilderness, then you also must believe that Jesus is an angel OF Jehovah.

And they all drank of the one drink of The Spirit, for they were drinking from The Rock of The Spirit, which was with them, but that Rock was The Messiah.

he is Jesus Christ.
    mat 16.16

let me post one
    Vincent's Word Studies

Was Christ

Showing that he does not believe the legend, but only uses it allegorically. The important point is that Christ the Word was with His people under the old covenant. “In each case we recognize the mystery of a 'real presence”' (Ellicott). “God was in Christ” here, as from the beginning. The mosaic and the christian economies are only different sides of one dispensation, which is a gospel dispensation throughout. The Jewish sacraments are not mere types of ours. They are identical.

sorry boy

Jammin,

Jammin,

1 Samuel 26:9
    King James Version (KJV)

9 And David said to Abishai, Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the Lord's anointed, and be guiltless?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

That's right, Kerwin.

And in the Hebrew of that verse, David called Saul “YHWH's mashiyach”.  The Hebrew word “mashiyach” is the English word “messiah”.

Saul was one of MANY messiahs in the scriptures. (The word “christ”, or “christos”, is merely the Greek version of that Hebrew word “mashiyach”.) So Saul was one messiah/christ of God. There were many others, including Jesus of Nazareth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 27 2013,12:16)

Jammin……..Do you see the word “JESUS” mentioned there boy, NO YOU DON'T , you see the word CHRIST, mentioned there . Now ask yourself what that word means or go look it up and you will it means, the anointing spirit, this spirit OF GOD which was “IN” Jesus , YOU should always say JESUS “THE” CHRISTOS or ANOINTED ONE, that same spirit was on the leaders of Israel following them in the wilderness.

You are falsely assuming it is meaning Jesus the Man when it is not meaning him at all boy. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 28 2013,02:42)
    That's right, Kerwin.

And in the Hebrew of that verse, David called Saul “YHWH's mashiyach”.  The Hebrew word “mashiyach” is the English word “messiah”.

Saul was one of MANY messiahs in the scriptures.  (The word “christ”, or “christos”, is merely the Greek version of that Hebrew word “mashiyach”.)  So Saul was one messiah/christ of God.  There were many others, including Jesus of Nazareth.

Mike…….Good job, you have another one right brother. The WORD CHRISTOS does mean .”THE ANOINTED” or MESSIAH, which is a representative of GOD'S PRESENCE with a BEING , HUMAN or ANGEL. He was with Israel in the wilderness operating in and through there leaders. Another right mark for you Mike.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 27 2013,10:04)
    The WORD CHRISTOS does mean .”THE ANOINTED” or MESSIAH, which is a representative of GOD'S PRESENCE with a BEING , HUMAN or ANGEL.

Gene,

I agree with you that “christos” means “anointed” – not “anointing“.

In other words, “christos” applies to someone that God anointed – not to the spirit that the person was anointed WITH.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 26 2013,18:28)
    believe it or not but the bible said that.

ex 3.2
    knox

2 And here the Lord revealed himself through a flame that rose up from the midst of a bush; it seemed that the bush was alight, yet did not burn.

jammin,

Would you have us all believe that God Almighty is an angel of Himself? Would you really dare to go that far?

Doesn't it seem OBVIOUS that if Jesus was truly one of the many “angels OF God Almighty”, he can't actually BE God Almighty?

Just this one little fact should be enough to cause any Trinitarian to run as fast as they can AWAY FROM that comically flawed, man-made doctrine. And there are about a million little facts just like this all throughout the scriptures.

So it makes me wonder WHY people like you aren't running away. Why do you cling so tightly to this nonsense you've been taught by men? ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 28 2013,01:02)

The WORD CHRISTOS does mean .”THE ANOINTED” or MESSIAH, which is a representative of GOD'S PRESENCE with a BEING , HUMAN or ANGEL.

Gene,

In other words, “christos” applies to someone that God anointed – not to the spirit that the person was anointed WITH.

Gene, Mike, and others;

I assume Christ was translated from Anointed.

The part or parts of English it is depends on how the Koine Greek correctly translates into Greek. “christos” is a noun form of Anoint. “christou” is another noun form of Anoint translated to Christ. “christos” is claimed to be the root of both. “chrisma” is a noun form of anointing.

This is the the results of some limited research I performed.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 28 2013,01:02)

Gene,

Mike,

The spiritual rock is called the Lord's Anointed at one point in Scripture.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…… Anointing is simply the process of pouring out upon a person something. It can be oil, water, or Spirit, the word it self does no convey what is being poured out or applied to a being. Anointed is simply that being who has the Anointing on him.

Jesus was anointed with the SPIRIT OF GOD, that SPIRIT was the HOLY (set aside) Spirit of the Living GOD, remember God is a SPIRIT, so as spirit he could enter into Jesus and anyone else. Joel quotes God as saying he would pour forth “HIS” Spirit upon all flesh, this is an anointing . The problem is most do not understand what a spirit really is . IMO

Peace and love to you all………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good stuff, Kerwin.

Thanks for that info.

Gene, it seems we are all once again in agreement about something. :)

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 28 2013,06:09)

Quote (jammin @ April 26 2013,18:28)
    believe it or not but the bible said that.

ex 3.2
    knox

2 And here the Lord revealed himself through a flame that rose up from the midst of a bush; it seemed that the bush was alight, yet did not burn.

jammin,

Would you have us all believe that God Almighty is an angel of Himself?  Would you really dare to go that far?

Doesn't it seem OBVIOUS that if Jesus was truly one of the many “angels OF God Almighty”, he can't actually BE God Almighty?

Just this one little fact should be enough to cause any Trinitarian to run as fast as they can AWAY FROM that comically flawed, man-made doctrine.  And there are about a million little facts just like this all throughout the scriptures.

So it makes me wonder WHY people like you aren't running away.  Why do you cling so tightly to this nonsense you've been taught by men?  ???

The bible said that it was the Lord himself. I just showed it to you boy. Im not like you who preaches imagination.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 27 2013,18:52)

he is Jesus Christ.
    mat 16.16

let me post one
    Vincent's Word Studies

Was Christ

sorry boy

Jammin,

Jammin,

King James Version (KJV)

9 And David said to Abishai, Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the Lord's anointed, and be guiltless?

Are we in the same page boy? Are you talking about anointed or Anointed One? Those two words are not the same. Stdy hard boy.

jammin
    Participant

Mike pls read that moises is the messiah in 1cor 10.4 .im still waiting.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 27 2013,18:52)

he is Jesus Christ.
    mat 16.16

let me post one
    Vincent's Word Studies

Was Christ

sorry boy

Jammin,

Jammin,

King James Version (KJV)

You tak too much. Who is the rock in 1cor 10.4?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin……….Moses had the anointing on him also, as well as the 70 Elders of Israel and Josuah and Caleb also. Want scripture ?

Num 11:25………> And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spoke unto him and took of the Spirit that was upon him, and gave “IT” unto the seventy elders; and it came to pass, that when the Spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease. (26) But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the Sprit rested unpon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp.

Jammin, that Spirit that was upon Moses and the Elders was what they were anointed with and it was the Sprit from God. That was following and guiding the Childern of Israel in the wilderness. It was not the man Jesus the Christ , but the Christos or anointing Spirit itself going with them follwing them in the wilderness.

Just that simple boy.

peace and love to you and your ……………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 12,461 through 12,480 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account